PDA

View Full Version : Finished the game in 6 hours, wherew are the 19 other "story mission gameplay"?

kastrix
11-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Ubisoft said there would be 25 hours of main story mission gameplay. I just finished it in 6... Sure i hurried through but still. It was the shortest AC yet.

So much of potential gameplay was left out, lazy done by the developers on several parts like the Desmond missions. They also promised a proper pc port this time but didn't even include 16:10 support. Other than that all these: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/729233-From-Hype-to-Disappointment-IGN-was-right!-%28spoilers%29?highlight=ending are good points.

This was supposed to be the most epic game this year considering it was worked on for 3 years by 600 people, instead it worse than ACR

Also, i didn't hurry that much, took some time to hunt and stuff, still only 6 hours, WTF?

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Naw, I finished Revelations in 5 and a half hours.

kastrix
11-27-2012, 12:43 PM
But didn't they say this would be the longest AC yet?

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Oh Wow Advertising was false...What are the odds ?

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 12:44 PM
But didn't they say this would be the longest AC yet?
They said biggest..

Never said longest

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 12:46 PM
They said biggest..

Never said longest
Nor uncut.

TrueStoic
11-27-2012, 12:47 PM
even if they did say, what could we possibly sue them for.
and i could dang call the OP a liar O.O
made it in 20+ hours myself BUT was hunting and side questing extensevly AND full synching.
Still 6 hours is a bit.. to fast? what do you even remember from the cutscenes? or skipped them all..?

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Thinking about this more thoroughly...6 hours sounds a bit impossible.. (Without skipping cutscenes)

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Thinking about this more thoroughly...6 hours sounds a bit impossible.. (Without skipping cutscenes)
I bum rushed it in 8 and a half hours (did nothing except for the only required mission objective), so I'm having trouble understanding it. Unless the loading time of the PC is so fast that it actually shortened the whole experience.

kastrix
11-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Well, i didn't skip more than maybe 10% of the cut-scenes, but i made well use of quick-travel and ran from some fights since you get bored of them being so similar quickly, also, i didn't die very much, i have always found the AC series rather easy. Also, the loading is quite fast on pc.

AdrianJacek
11-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Holy wow, how the f*ck did you do that? It took me over 36 hours to finish this pièce de résistance.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Well, i didn't skip more than maybe 10% of the cut-scenes, but i made well use of quick-travel and ran from some fights since you get bored of them being so similar quickly, also, i didn't die very much, i have always found the AC series rather easy. Also, the loading is quite fast on pc.
And you`re complaining about Longevity ?? Please..

How can You, who skipped some scenes and used fast travel, complain about longevity ??

kastrix
11-27-2012, 01:13 PM
And you`re complaining about Longevity ?? Please..

How can You, who skipped some scenes and used fast travel, complain about longevity ??

Why do hey have fast travel if its not to be used, and when i think about it i can only think of 5 or 6 skipped cut-scenes that where short anyway. So even if i didn't skip those 5 cutscenes i would still have finished it in mabey 6h and 10 minutes.

mukwag
11-27-2012, 01:15 PM
I finished it in 8hrs, I've played over 83hrs now. For 100% synch.

Aphex_Tim
11-27-2012, 01:26 PM
and when i think about it i can only think of 5 or 6 skipped cut-scenes that where short anyway.

How can you know they were short if you skipped them?

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Why do hey have fast travel if its not to be used, and when i think about it i can only think of 5 or 6 skipped cut-scenes that where short anyway. So even if i didn't skip those 5 cutscenes i would still have finished it in mabey 6h and 10 minutes.
How did you know they were short if you skipped them ?? 0_o

Also, the Developer estimates game time without putting in mind any exploits...So the advertised number of hours is without the use of Fast travel

kastrix
11-27-2012, 01:28 PM
I finished it in 8hrs, I've played over 83hrs now. For 100% synch.

I dont really see the points in 100% sync, i play the way i want and approach the situation how i think its best, i see no pint in stealth for example when its so easy to kill npc in this game, they should make stealth the easier option in the sense that fighting should be really hard, now conor can go 1vs100 and not break a sweat. Bad game design choice imo.

kastrix
11-27-2012, 01:30 PM
How did you know they were short if you skipped them ?? 0_o

Also, the Developer estimates game time without putting in mind any exploits...So the advertised number of hours is without the use of Fast travel

I dont believe running to all the locations would take 18 hours, also, do the boat count as fast travel to you? The cut-scenes i skipped were from a part i had watch my friend play on the xbox.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 01:32 PM
I dont believe running to all the locations would take 18 hours, also, do the boat count as fast travel to you? The cut-scenes i skipped were from a part i had watch my friend play on the xbox.
I never said 18 hours...

Just not 6...

Like I said. A false advert..What are the odds ?

montagemik
11-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Ubisoft said there would be 25 hours of main story mission gameplay. I just finished it in 6... Sure i hurried through but still. It was the shortest AC yet.

So much of potential gameplay was left out, lazy done by the developers on several parts like the Desmond missions. They also promised a proper pc port this time but didn't even include 16:10 support. Other than that all these: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/729233-From-Hype-to-Disappointment-IGN-was-right!-(spoilers)?highlight=ending are good points.

This was supposed to be the most epic game this year considering it was worked on for 3 years by 600 people, instead it worse than ACR

Also, i didn't hurry that much, took some time to hunt and stuff, still only 6 hours, WTF?

Nahhh you didn't Finish in 6hrs .........You may have completed SOME of it in 6 hrs . But this all kind of depends on your definition of FINISHED THE GAME doesn't it . ?? :rolleyes:

kastrix
11-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Nahhh you didn't Finish in 6hrs .........You may have completed SOME of it in 6 hrs . But this all kind of depends on your definition of FINISHED THE GAME doesn't it . ?? :rolleyes:

i saw the ending=finished the game, i really never seen the appeal in playing AC after you are dne with story, i rather play something less repetitive.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 01:38 PM
i saw the ending=finished the game, i really never seen the appeal in playing AC after you are dne with story, i rather play something less repetitive.
lmao..

lost all credibility..

Moving on..

YES I`M AN IDIOT....

kastrix
11-27-2012, 01:49 PM
lmao..

lost all credibility..

Moving on..

YES I`M AN IDIOT....

You are no an idiot but you could tell me why my opinion is wrong. Im just disappointed in ubisoft since so much was promised but much of it turned out to be false advertising.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 01:56 PM
You are no an idiot but you could tell me why my opinion is wrong. Im just disappointed in ubisoft since so much was promised but much of it turned out to be false advertising.
Well....for one regarding the repetitive part...please give me some details on how you think AC is repetitive (Bar AC I)

montagemik
11-27-2012, 01:57 PM

Like i said - Depends on your definition of Finished the Game. :nonchalance:

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 01:58 PM
The genius of this game is that other aspects of Connor's life was not shoved down your throat unless you want to partake in it. In AC and ACII, the games got way too bogged down by an overabundance amount cookie-cutter missions. Starting from Brotherhood, the overall mission structure became far more varied. Not only are ACIII's main missions the most varied yet, the same can finally be said of the side quests, yet they're to be pursued after at my leisure. There are finally side quests that have absolutely nothing to do witht the the main quest, yet what Connor experienced through those missions carries through to the main quest.

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 02:05 PM
No offense OP, but if I finished the game in 6 hours I'd be less blaming Ubisoft and more kicking myself for wasting the experience rushing through it.

mukwag
11-27-2012, 02:32 PM
I dont really see the points in 100% sync, i play the way i want and approach the situation how i think its best, i see no pint in stealth for example when its so easy to kill npc in this game, they should make stealth the easier option in the sense that fighting should be really hard, now conor can go 1vs100 and not break a sweat. Bad game design choice imo.

For the Completionist achievement.

kastrix
11-27-2012, 02:34 PM
For the Completionist achievement.

I have never seen the point in achievement, why not just make up you're own?

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Huh....He completely ignored my post...

Well, OP Yeah game sucks...so short and repetitive. good luck finding the game of your dreams...Yeah AC sucks anyway, so just drop it and find something less repetitive...

Good luck

montagemik
11-27-2012, 02:38 PM
I have never seen the point in achievement, why not just make up you're own?

You already did - YOU set your own definition of Completed .............& IT appears you were less than happy with it .
Try finishing a different definition of 'COMPLETED' see if you prefer that instead.

kastrix
11-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Well, it was worth the 35$ so i guess you're right, i will probaly replay the game sometime and focus more on the side missions and just free-roming, i just like to finish the main story first in most games since its easyer to follow the story that way, i did not know that the side missions played a important role for the charater development, the only thing i am dissapointed in is the false advertisement, i knew they woudn't deliver on the 2000 npc battle promise.

Also; Assassin_M. Its just not my type of game to play outside of story missions, some people surley find enoyment in it, for me it just feels repetative, it has to do with how little the gameplay system has developed since the first game and how easy the game is/feels.

If they had a multiplayer gamemode similar to that in RDR it would be awsome, imagine the full ACIII world with 100 players, 50 tempelars and 50 assasins freeroming, fighting over terratory and doing group quests.

itsamea-mario
11-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Don't complain because you went to fast.

....is that a problem you have often? finishing early?...

Grandmaster_Z
11-27-2012, 03:37 PM
how the hell do you finish the game in 6 hours? on your first playthrough? what a freak.

montagemik
11-27-2012, 03:41 PM
how the hell do you finish the game in 6 hours? on your first playthrough? what a freak.

BY Ignoring & skipping most of it . :nonchalance:

kastrix
11-27-2012, 03:47 PM
BY Ignoring & skipping most of it . :nonchalance:

as i saidm i didn't skip a single cut-scene so i got the whole story, the about 10 minutes of cut-scene i skipped i had seen my firend play. Beaing efficient/not dying is just being skilled.

InfectedNation
11-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Don't complain because you went to fast.

....is that a problem you have often? finishing early?...

Bahahahahahahahaha :')

This. You rushed the game. That's your fault. Stop blaming Ubisoft because you don't know how to play an open world game

kastrix
11-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Im just saying that they should have incuded the side missions in the main story if they are essential to the charater development, or spent more time developing the main story and less on side missions. For example making the desmond part longer and better.

LightRey
11-27-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to call bs here. Pics or it didn't happen.

egriffin09
11-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Well sir..I'm going to go out on a limb and say if you beat AC III in 6 hrs you got absolutely no enjoyment out of it. I never saw the point of buying a game, especially an AC game and speeding through it. May CoD, but that's it. I put in 35 hrs my first playthrough and that's with not doing 100% sync, but I did most of the side content. Like 99% people that played AC III got atleast 20hrs out of the game. No offense, but you're probably one of those gamers that buys a game and see how fast you can beat it--nevermind actually playing for fun and enjoying it. Yeah, I used to be that type of gamer too...WHEN I WAS LIKE 9 YEARS OLD.

kastrix
11-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Well sir..I'm going to go out on a limb and say if you beat AC III in 6 hrs you got absolutely no enjoyment out of it. I never saw the point of buying a game, especially an AC game and speeding through it. May CoD, but that's it. I put in 35 hrs my first playthrough and that's with not doing 100% sync, but I did most of the side content. Like 99% people that played AC III got atleast 20hrs out of the game. No offense, but you're probably one of those gamers that buys a game and see how fast you can beat it--nevermind actually playing for fun and enjoying it. Yeah, I used to be that type of gamer too...WHEN I WAS LIKE 9 YEARS OLD.

I got lots of enjoyment out of it. Playing for fun for me is to immerse myself into the character, in AC that means trying my best not to die and playing the story missions. I got bored of running through the frontier and running on rooftops i have already spent 4 games doing. If i could take the boat free roaming i probably would. I also tried some hunting and checking out the forest, got bored of that quickly since the hunting system was so simple. But i thought that i would do the side missions on a new play-through since i didn't know they were essential to the character development.

People said the same thing when i played though Witcher 2 really fast but in reality i was just hurrying because i wanted to save Triss. If the story makes the main story seem crucial to do right now i will since im immersed in the character.

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 04:37 PM
took me 7 hours just to get connor in the assassin outfit...............

im calling bs. sorry, it literally doesn't add up...

haythams ship part takes like 45 minutes Without cutscences... the theatre takes up like 30... there are parts in the game where they deliberatly slow you down.... the battles were you have to hold soldiers off for a certain amount of time... i doubt you even tried to craft weapons... or even buy new gear at all. i simply do not see how you could have completed it in 6 hours.....

either you have horrible time management skills, or simply lying......

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 04:38 PM
I got lots of enjoyment out of it. Playing for fun for me is to immerse myself into the character, in AC that means trying my best not to die and playing the story missions. I got bored of running through the frontier and running on rooftops i have already spent 4 games doing. If i could take the boat free roaming i probably would. I also tried some hunting and checking out the forest, got bored of that quickly since the hunting system was so simple. But i thought that i would do the side missions on a new play-through since i didn't know they were essential to the character development.

People said the same thing when i played though Witcher 2 really fast but in reality i was just hurrying because i wanted to save Triss. If the story makes the main story seem crucial to do right now i will since im immersed in the character.
you might have some sort of mental condition... A.D.D or something because you got bored THAT FAST? with time to spare to complete the game in 6 hours?

infamous_ezio
11-27-2012, 04:45 PM
I finished it in roughly 12ish hours, but i was just doing the main story line.. couple of side missions every now and then. They definitely over exaggerated it

kastrix
11-27-2012, 04:46 PM
you might have some sort of mental condition... A.D.D or something because you got bored THAT FAST? with time to spare to complete the game in 6 hours?

I found the story more interesting than the rest and wanted to progress out of curiosity. Like when you dont want to put down a book since its so interesting. The AC series have never been much of a challenge. I like the LOZ series since it has a good story and its a challenge to complete. Sure you could speedrun the LOZ but not unless you know all the puzzles or is really good at the game. he fact that i barley died at all in AC shows that the game is to easy.

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 04:46 PM
they should have gave connor and desmond more resources.... its no longer haythams part's fault... its the devolpers fault for obviously caring more about that segment of the game

Jay_2750
11-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Then you have obviously rushed it then...

montagemik
11-27-2012, 04:48 PM
MMMM KASTRIX -
You talk about character immersion being really important to you - But fly through the MAIN memory events of the characters life in 6 hrs ????
(almost 2 hrs plus of the game is cutscenes alone)
So we're supposed to believe it takes 4 hrs to finish the missions of this characters life story are we - Modern day sequences included.

You haven't immersed yourself in anything - You've done the bare minimum required to fly onto the end credits. Nothing more.
You've seen almost none of the fight / kill moves this assassin is capable of - Done little of the actual things this character did throughout his life,
And certainly haven't accomplished these missions in the manor your ancestor is supposed to have done them.

But still claim character immersion is Important to you. You'll forgive me if i find your statements BS won't you - they seem to contradict what you look for in a game.

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 04:50 PM
MMMM KASTRIX -
You talk about character immersion being really important to you - But fly through the MAIN memory events of the characters life in 6 hrs ????
So we're supposed to believe it takes 4 hrs to finish the missions of this characters life story are we - Modern day sequences included.

You haven't immersed yourself in anything - You've done the bare minimum required to fly onto the end credits. Nothing more.
You've seen almost none of the fight / kill moves this assassin is capable of - Done little of the actual things this character did throughout his life,
And certainly haven't accomplished these missions in the manor your ancestor is supposed to have done them.

But still claim character immersion is Important to you. You'll forgive me if i find your statements BS won't you - they seem to contradict what you look for in a game.
i was just about to state this, but you did it in a WAY better fashion/manner that i could have lol.

but yea, OP you are indeed contradicting yourself

kastrix
11-27-2012, 04:57 PM
MMMM KASTRIX -

I can immerse myself in a film that is 1.5 hours long, or a tv episode that is 20 minutes long. That dosn't mean that i enjoy longer films, books and games. I would have been just as immersed just watching all the cut-scenes on youtube and skip the whole gameplay.

Also, if i had done the missions the way the ancestors did them i would have died more, and i did some combat, but after 30 minutes of combat you have seen it all.

Paribissee
11-27-2012, 04:58 PM
I have played 39 hours now just started sequence 9 lol:eek:

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 05:03 PM
ok bro... this is a scenario for you...

* a customer goes into the fast food place. He asks for a double cheese burger.... He decides he wants to put mustard on his burger. the customer then blames the manager of the fast food place because he doesn't like mustard...."

you buy assassins creed. you are told it has a certain number of hours. you decide to bumrush through it. finished with alot of time to spare... than you complain that it was to short.

Jay_2750
11-27-2012, 05:05 PM

* a customer goes into the fast food place. He asks for a double cheese burger.... He decides he wants to put mustard on his burger. the customer then blames the manager of the fast food place because he doesn't like mustard...."

you buy assassins creed. you are told it has a certain number of hours. you decide to bumrush through it. finished with alot of time to spare... than you complain that it was to short.

Kudos :clap:

kastrix
11-27-2012, 05:06 PM

As i said i just hoped they would spend less time on side mission and more time on the main story and the mains characters character development, i didn't know the side quests where crucial for the character development. I also wanted the game to be dragged out by being challenging, like the legend of zelda.

Im repeting over and over again the same thing, plz read the whole thread

Vex_Assassin
11-27-2012, 05:08 PM
I reached 100% on my first playthrough after 40 hours, so I wouldn't say the game was short ... Though I have to say the main story was a little bit short, I am currently doing a second playthrough where I only do the main objectives. I'm at the end of sequence 5 after 3 hours and a half :|

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 05:10 PM
As i said i just hoped they would spend less time on side mission and more time on the main sotry and the mains charater s chatater development, i didn't know the side quests where crusial for the character development. I also wanted the game to be dragged out by being challenging, like the legend of zelda.

trust me man... the didn't spend enough time on side quests. there is great variety but they have no depth whatsoever... have you done the Assassin Contracts? the Couriers? Hunting is basically going from point a to point b, with an added flair... naval missions are the only side quest that have any real depth save the captain kidds quest... and the reward for the kidds quest is dumb as hell

ace3001
11-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Screenshot of stats page, please? 6 hours is impossible unless you skipped most of the cutscenes. On my first run through, it took me 10 hours and 43 minutes, despite only doing the story missions. Was at 34% completion when credits rolled. Granted, I was taking my sweet time doing things, enjoying the game, but I did make good use of fast travel stations and never walked to anywhere that I could fast travel to. I was still disappointed by the 10 hours, though. Wanted the story to be longer. :p

Kaschra
11-27-2012, 05:22 PM
I played through it with 65% in 33 hours :I

6 hours?!
How could you even enjoy the game if you just rush through it? :nonchalance:

Paribissee
11-27-2012, 05:26 PM
I played through it with 65% in 33 hours :I

6 hours?!
How could you even enjoy the game if you just rush through it? :nonchalance:

THIS! You are missing a lot if you just rush through it imo just idiotic:rolleyes: You dont really know who Connor is then so shame on you.

kastrix
11-27-2012, 05:29 PM
THIS! You are missing a lot if you just rush through it imo just idiotic:rolleyes: You dont really know who Connor is then so shame on you.

I know everything you are supposed to know from the main missions, its stupid to include crucial character development parts in side quests. And my biggest problem with the game was how easy it was. I didn't rush trough and thinking about how i got a complete story told to me i dont see how i rushed through-

ace3001
11-27-2012, 05:30 PM
I know everything you are supposed to know from the main missions, its stupid to include crucial character development parts in side quests. And my biggest problem with the game was how easy it was. I didn't rush trough and thinking about how i got a complete story told to me i dont see how i rushed through-
Screenshot of stats page, please! I'm dying to see. :o

kastrix
11-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Screen-shot of stats page, please! I'm dying to see. :o

Where is it? 6 hours is an estimation, i played the whole game in 1 run, removing the breaks i should clok in under 7 hours, i had it paused while i ate and took breaks for walks and stuff. I died a total of maybe 10-20 times, i stratagised my playstyle so i would die as little as possible since that immersed me in the character more.

ZephyrStrife
11-27-2012, 05:43 PM
You beat AC3 is 6 hours? That's impossible. I already was 12 hours in by sequence 7. If you actually managed to beat it in 6 hours, you must have mad rushed through the entire game and its no wonder you didn't enjoy it. I applaud you if you actually managed to beat AC3 in such a short amount of time as its impressive, but why would you ever rush through a game? Take your time and enjoy it.

As far as I'm concerned, the homestead missions are part of the main story line since it encompasses so much of who Connor is and what he stands for.

ProdiGurl
11-27-2012, 05:44 PM
As i said i just hoped they would spend less time on side mission and more time on the main story and the mains characters character development, i didn't know the side quests where crucial for the character development. I also wanted the game to be dragged out by being challenging, like the legend of zelda.

Im repeting over and over again the same thing, plz read the whole thread

I'm honestly really glad I don't play games like you're doing here, it makes them about worthless and boring.
It's almost as if you had the intent to prove them wrong at the start to just blow thru it. Maybe you're some professional level gamer but probly 90% of us aren't and I still don't see how you did the missions that fast with any quality of gameplay. Did you try to sync anything?

Aside from that oddity, this goes to prove my point again, AC fan base diversity of preferences. Most of us want and enjoy alot of side missions & other things going on. In fact, I don't know of any games I play that don't have some sort of side missions or something separate to do from the main story. ? They do make up a good chunk of most games.
No matter what Ubi dev's do or don't do, they'll get complaining & unsatisfied fans - nothing they do is enough or it's too much.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Where is it? 6 hours is an estimation, i played the whole game in 1 run, removing the breaks i should clok in under 7 hours, i had it paused while i ate and took breaks for walks and stuff. I died a total of maybe 10-20 times, i stratagised my playstyle so i would die as little as possible since that immersed me in the character more.
Pause menu -> Animus Training Centre -> Stats
Now shoo. Pics or it didn't happen.

Baked_Cookies
11-27-2012, 05:52 PM
6 hours of gameplay? Sorry but thats BS you would have had to of done nothing but the main story quest no stop straight through without doing anything else and skipping scenes. Sorry but its your fault for making the gameplay so short by dedicating it to nothing but the linear parts of the game.

kastrix
11-27-2012, 06:03 PM
6 hours of gameplay? Sorry but thats BS you would have had to of done nothing but the main story quest no stop straight through without doing anything else and skipping scenes. Sorry but its your fault for making the gameplay so short by dedicating it to nothing but the linear parts of the game.

I watch all the cut-scenes, therefore i got the whole story. the gameplay was fun for an hour, after that it felt like every other AC game.

ProdiGurl
11-27-2012, 06:09 PM
What I don't get is how that's done on your first go-thru ? When I played, I didn't know where to go or what to do in some areas & screwed up pretty often till I figured things out.
This is not as easy as ACR was.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 06:16 PM
I watch all the cut-scenes, therefore i got the whole story. the gameplay was fun for an hour, after that it felt like every other AC game.
You still haven't given your stats. Prove it or stop saying ridiculous stuff. Whether the gameplay was fun for you or not, you can't beat AC III's story in 6 hours if you actually watched all the cutscenes. Even if you skip everything, it'll still be hard to do it in 6 hours.

MasterAssasin84
11-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Proof ? Stats , Screenshots because 6 Hours is absolutly Rubbish considering there is over 30 Hours of content and gameplay if you did all the side missions and optional quests and constraints.

Thats basicaly like saying that the game is made of side quests and the story is menial part of the game considering a rin through of the story mode is like 8 hours atleast !!

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Well I started sequence 5 and I'm already about 7.5 hours. Rushing through a game like AC is just criminal. You might just as well save your money and youtube the walkthroughs. Much better that way, saves your moneyz too!

ProdiGurl
11-27-2012, 06:25 PM
^ Unless he had a 1 day rental ^

My Q is why he felt a need to do this in the first place - not that its any of my business.
One would only hope that he doesn't attempt to do all the fun things in real life that quickly just to say he did it the quickest
=-0

kuled2012
11-27-2012, 06:33 PM
My reaction to the thread title: WTF

MasterAssasin84
11-27-2012, 06:41 PM
^ Unless he had a 1 day rental ^

My Q is why he felt a need to do this in the first place - not that its any of my business.
One would only hope that he doesn't attempt to do all the fun things in real life that quickly just to say he did it the quickest
=-0

I dont know Achievment/Trophy junkie maybe !! :confused:

ace3001
11-27-2012, 06:47 PM
I dont know Achievment/Trophy junkie maybe !! :confused:
Shouldn't such a person spend way long, and not less time?

MasterAssasin84
11-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Shouldn't such a person spend way long, and not less time?

Not if they want to get credit for completing the campaign !

I believe there are two types of Trophy Junkies, the ones that want to race through a game then leave it on a shelf to collect ( as long as they have the main campaign stats )

And someone like me and most of the comunity on here that will go out their way to obtain every trophy and side quest and take their time because they have waited for long time for this and want to get their $60 worth.

Jay_2750
11-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Not if they want to get credit for completing the campaign !

I believe there are two types of Trophy Junkies, the ones that want to race through a game then leave it on a shelf to collect ( as long as they have the main campaign stats )

And someone like me and most of the comunity on here that will go out their way to obtain every trophy and side quest and take their time because they have waited for long time for this and want to get their $60 worth.
This I agree with. ^^

kastrix
11-27-2012, 07:04 PM
The game could be 3 hours and for me be 35$ worth (what i paid). I payed 600$ for a 15 minute experience when parachuting. Anyway, im not an achivment junkie and have even turned them off, i play the game how i want and do what i want, i dont care about sync and do the missions as i see most effective/least risk of dying.

Anyway, the actual gametime is more like 7h 30m, so i underestimated how much i actually played now that i checked it up. I counted how many hours have gone by the evening i played it and made an estimation of how long my pauses could have been. I will continue playing and doing side missions, but i will do them now as i like to concentrate on 1 mission at a time, (first i did the story mission, now i will do the others). Is there any missions i wont be able to do since i finished the game, if so i will restart.

Sadly, i cant edit the title to, Finished the game in 7h 30m, where are the other 16h 30m main story gameplay that was promised by ubisoft, false advertising is illigal.

Goodbye to this thread, every answer you could have has been answerd, ckeack the pages. dont care spelling, not first language.

As i said, i dont require longer gameplay on the main mission, it would be nice but im ok with it, even tho some parts felt rushed, i do however wish there was more challenge to the game.

Jay_2750
11-27-2012, 07:11 PM
So why make a thread about it?

kuled2012
11-27-2012, 07:12 PM
took me 35 hours on my first play through..i was messing about in that one
in my second I did little messing about and still took me 20 hours...how the hell is 7 hours possible?

montagemik
11-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Again KASTRIX - You contradict yourself .

The Challenge is within the game for you to use when you want .
Complete all optional objectives
Use NO secondary weapons
Use ONLY hidden blades as your main weapon whenever possible.
Try to complete as many missions as possible without ever being detected.

You're an Assassin - Play like one & immerse yourself.

kastrix
11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Cause false advertising is illegal. They said 25h of main story mission, most people play it through on 10.

Jay_2750
11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
took me 35 hours on my first play through..i was messing about in that one
in my second I did little messing about and still took me 20 hours...how the hell is 7 hours possible?

Skipping cutscenes. For completing the game in 7 hours for this guy seems to be a big achievement so he goes and brags about it.

Jay_2750
11-27-2012, 07:14 PM

Use NO secondary weapons

THIS IS Correct.

kastrix
11-27-2012, 07:17 PM

Use NO secondary weapons

If they wanted people to use stealth they would make stealth easier/combat harder, its a bad design choice that its always most effective to run past/kill unlimited number of guards. If they wanted the main sotry line to be longer they would have made some of the missions take multiple retries and good strategics to win, i barley died at all during my playthrough.

anyway, im leaving.

kastrix
11-27-2012, 07:18 PM
skipping cutscenes. For completing the game in 7 hours for this guy seems to be a big achievement so he goes and brags about it.

i did not skip any cut-scenenes!

kastrix
11-27-2012, 07:20 PM
i have not contradicted myself

Jay_2750
11-27-2012, 07:21 PM
If they wanted people to use stealth they would make stealth easier/combat harder, its a bad design choice that its always most effective to run past/kill unlimited number of guards. If they wanted the main sotry line to be longer they would have made some of the missions take multiple retries and good strategics to win, i barley died at all during my playthrough.

anyway, im leaving.

Look dude, before even making this thread you should've thought to yourself how long it took ubisoft to make this game and their required skills to make such a splendid creation. 3 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT! 3 YEARS! I want you to think of that and realise that you couldn't do anywhere near as good of a job as ubisoft or other game developers.

TheArcaneEagle
11-27-2012, 07:22 PM
You probably didn't even act as if you were an assassin. For example, you might have just sprinted to the mission marker to get the campaign over and done with.

kastrix
11-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Look dude, before even making this thread you should've thought to yourself how long it took ubisoft to make this game and their required skills to make such a splendid creation. 3 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT! 3 YEARS! I want you to think of that and realise that you couldn't do anywhere near as good of a job as ubisoft or other game developers.

Of-course not, im not a game developer and the 600 people who worked on the game did a great job, i just expected... more, but i guess you always do ;)

psf22
11-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Well, it was worth the 35$ so i guess you're right, i will probaly replay the game sometime and focus more on the side missions and just free-roming, i just like to finish the main story first in most games since its easyer to follow the story that way, i did not know that the side missions played a important role for the charater development, the only thing i am dissapointed in is the false advertisement, i knew they woudn't deliver on the 2000 npc battle promise.

Highlighted: Source?

kastrix
11-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Highlighted: Source?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR0qAOF35V8&feature=player_detailpage#t=58s

psf22
11-27-2012, 07:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR0qAOF35V8&feature=player_detailpage#t=58s

Source: "You'll encounter up to 2000 NPC in a single sequence"

Where is the false advertisement?

ProdiGurl
11-27-2012, 07:32 PM
@ Kastrix,
You GOT more, you just refused to play it their way - your way removes most all challenge & skill and imo, most all fun.
& if that isn't enough for you, then you are the problem, not Ubi or the game.
Did you ever post your stat pg?

anik_lc
11-27-2012, 07:32 PM
So many professional skilled players. I'm a bit n00b. Played for 14 hours and 48 minutes, now at sequence 9 with 46% total sync. :)

kastrix
11-27-2012, 07:36 PM
You should not be able to "removes most all challenge & skill" from a game just by having a effective play-style, then its not a good game design. When the first AC came out people complained that the counter button made things too easy, did they changed anything, no, they still have the same combat system as they had 3 games ago.

psf22
11-27-2012, 07:44 PM
So you're just not going to reply?

kastrix
11-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Source: "You'll encounter up to 2000 NPC in a single sequence"

Where is the false advertisement?

i woudn't call sprites npc

Jay_2750
11-27-2012, 07:51 PM

They're the same thing. smh

psf22
11-27-2012, 07:52 PM

So basically you don't want to admit you assumed something, when it was actually never said, or advertised as you say.

psf22
11-27-2012, 07:52 PM
They're the same thing. smh

lol

kastrix
11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Well, it was implied through the trailer that you would run up on a line of hundreds of redcoats, jump and shoot an arrow in the air.

Jay_2750
11-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Well, it was implied through the trailer that you would run up on a line of hundreds of redcoats, jump and shoot an arrow in the air.

That's a trailer! Not gameplay! *again* smh.

montagemik
11-27-2012, 08:00 PM

YOU WANT CHARACTER IMMERSION & CHALLENGE - BUT PURPOSELY AVOID IT .

Use NO secondary weapons

Or play like a kid & complain like one - your choice.

Sidestepping the truth does not make it a LIE.

TheArcaneEagle
11-27-2012, 08:00 PM

No... a gameplay trailer shows you what you can do IN THE GAME. The cinematic trailer is just for cool special effects that CGI can offer.

If you didn't get that then think, in a Cutscene during Fort Wolcott, you see Connor performing a Tomahawk + Zipline jump combo. Does that mean I can do that anywhere? Or the Cutscene for boarding a ship. Does that mean I can board any ship?

kastrix
11-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Believe it or not im tired of arguing, its been fun. Makes you sleep easier

psf22
11-27-2012, 08:03 PM

You really believe current gen consoles (excl PC) could handle such comprehensive coding? If you do (not based on what they implied via whatever trailer) you're very naive.
PS3 would probably instacrash, unless they would make it less, and removed a lot of other detail etc. Basically making it seem useless if it negates other content or story purposes.

Jay_2750
11-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Believe or not you just made a redundant thread and lost your own argument.

psf22
11-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Believe or not you just made a redundant thread and lost your own argument.

Basically this

/

dewgel
11-27-2012, 08:06 PM

The British Board of Certification states that there's over 2 and a half hours of cutscenes, that's not including the in-game cutscenes that are from the normal camera perspective.

I went to replay the whole game, I'm onto Sequence 5, just doing the newspaper task with Sam Adams in Boston still as Teen Connor, I've rushed through this playthrough, my timer says 4 and a half hours.

Stop moaning. The developers never said there was 25 hours worth of story gameplay.

In actual fact, Alex Hutchinson stated in an interview when they previewed Sequence 6 to the press.. "For the average fan, to do all missions and quests start to finish, I'd say about 25 / 30 hours worth is in there, we've got over 2 and a half hours of cutscenes we had to mo-cap, with only 2 CGI videos actually in the game (Intro and Ending)"

How could you think there'd be 25 hours worth of solid story gameplay.. it's just crazy long that. Yes, we all want the stories to last forever, but the game is crazy packed with side content.

As for your 600 people working over 3 years, bear in mind that in year 1 that would have been a small development team at first (I think Hutchinson said 10 at most?), then as the team came off Brotherhood and onto Revelations, some branched off to AC3.

Again, just to add to your complaint about development time, remember, Montreal does a hell of a lot of games. 3 years development doesn't mean 3 years worth of Monday - Friday 9am till 5pm AC3 Development. Sure, for Alex Hutch and all the lead designers it did, but for the others, they've got other big titles to work on, Watch_Dogs, Far Cry 3, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations amongst other titles that have came out the past couple of years. I remember at EuroGamer, Hutchinson saying "Yeah whenever we mentioned tree navigation to the dev team, they'd get up and go work on WatchDogs or something like that"

Hope this clears up your issues with the time. You were mislead yes, but only by your own excitement. They clearly said 30 hours worth of gameplay to the average gamer is in there. It was span out of control by all the fans on forums like here who were mad excited to hear words like that.

You're an idiot lol, so did we take on an army in the ice in Revelations as Ezio?

My only concern when it comes to being mislead, I loved the way the gameplay trailer originally portrayed Connor Assassinating John Pitcairn at the very end, his rolling Assassination and then running Assassination on the soldier, then jumping up to Pitcairn was awesome.

I wish in scenes like that, the detection meters were turned off for guards like in the demos and they all just looked shocked.

psf22
11-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Goes to show how many people just assume things and not listen carefully. It's not the first time i've read or seen that someone said that Ubisoft supposedly claimed you would fight against 1000+ men.

Jay_2750
11-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Goes to show how many people just assume things and not listen carefully. It's not the first time i've read or seen that someone said that Ubisoft supposedly claimed you would fight against 1000+ men.

;)

Turul.
11-27-2012, 08:35 PM
it's obvious you didn't do any of the side missions or go for and 100% sync in any missions.

I do not like people like you who come onto these forums and complain about things, when you really don't know what youre talking about.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Disappointment based on pre-release ads shouldn't be detrimental to the player's perception of the game's quality, anyway. Besides, I went dark right after only watching E3's presentation (did not read any interview), so I knew nothing more. Blown away by the game in the end.

psf22
11-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Disappointment based on pre-release ads shouldn't be detrimental to the player's perception of the game's quality, anyway. Besides, I went dark right after only watching E3's presentation (did not read any interview), so I knew nothing more. Blown away by the game in the end.

Same as you here, only watched the E3 presentation.

I watched almost everything pre-AC2 so I thought I'd change it up for this edition because i was going to get it regardless of reviews, false assumptions, alleged implications etc.

Farlander1991
11-27-2012, 11:11 PM
I just started Sequence 10, have somewhere 78% synchronization, and have clocked 42 hours so far.

Even though some side activities are... underwhelming to say the least (assassination contracts, I'm looking at you!), and interface for crafting/trading is, honestly, atrocious, and there are some other gripes I have, I'm loving the game and don't find anything to complain about time-wise, considering that we were promised 30 hours for 100% playthrough.

WolfeUK
11-27-2012, 11:20 PM
why would you rush through the game then complain how short it is ?

this thread did make me laugh lol !!