PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Card Debate -27/11/2012 - Shaar, Invoker of the Skies

Homard_C
11-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Dear Champions,

It's already Tuesday again and time for the new Tuesday Card Debate. Today, we would like to discuss about Shaar, a Stronghold hero with 3 schools of magic.

Do you use Shaar in your deck? Do you think it's powerful? Do you defeat it easily? Would you change something to this card or do you like it as it is now?

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/fr/games/mmdoc/ShaarEN.png

Patzos
11-27-2012, 12:23 PM
He's very popular in OTK deck do to the combination of spells schools he can use.
with that, he's ability isn't useful. since he's one of the hero's who mimics a card action (blood shaman's hat) like kal-azzar with his 2 dmg, i dont understand why change the ability to 2 creatures gain +1 instead of one creature gains +2 , that would make it a lot more useful.

Harmbringer
11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
in my opinion he is a she...
No guy would dress up like this.

Agree with the +2 to one creature, otherwise this would make OTK with her more powerful!

Matrix.disc
11-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Actually IMO the ability should be much more consistent by being "+1 to target creature; +1 to target creature" which would allow targeting either two different or the same creature. She is indeed powerful in respect of OTK and nothing else really. The magic schools she's got are just right too. All in all, a great one-purpose hero.

Patzos
11-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Actually IMO the ability should be much more consistent by being "+1 to target creature; +1 to target creature" which would allow targeting either two different or the same creature. She is indeed powerful in respect of OTK and nothing else really. The magic schools she's got are just right too. All in all, a great one-purpose hero.
I think that would give Him/Her/It (whatever) an unfair edge over the equivalent heroes mimicking cards, then why not let Kal-Azzar "do 1 dmg to target creature, 1 dmg to target creature" or let Jezziel heal 3 dmg from any number of creature (1 dmg each time) , or let namatuo kill 2 target 1 might creature (well this one isn't a solid example...).
If you're going to give him a card ability why nerf it and keep the others the same?

C4r-n4ge
11-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Great hero - nowadays used mainly for OTK decks but IMO he'll see much more play in the future as Stronghold power would grow. He's just amazing with 2 magic at the start and 3 schools of magic (Eart and fire - one of the strongest ones). Very prospective card.

Mabufudyne
11-27-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with everyone. This card is bad, and is also bad for the game.

I'm sure everyone's realized by now, but because of the existence of this card (much like Nergal and Mana Storm), the amount of viable decks is EXTREMELY limited (3). Against OTK, only 3 decks have a chance:

Haven Prison - Beats OTK 100% of the time.

Nergal - Only deck that can 'fit' in Dispel Magic because every other card is a creature. Dispel Magic will lose you a lot of games in your hand if you're not playing Nergal, more games than you would without it. Depending on the number of Dispel Magics the win rate against OTK varies.

Inferno Rush - Basically pray OTK has a bad draw, run 4x Pao, 4x Altar, 4x Mana Storm. I'd say win chance is under %20.

This is making the game very stale. If you nerf OTK, I personally believe with the current selection of cards, all 0/2/1 heroes are inferior compared to 1/2/0 Ariana. Starting with 0 Might is terrible, let alone the -2HP. A hero just cannot start with 0 Might going 2nd, it's a huge disadvantage since this game is VERY creature heavy.

LichBu
11-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Ummm let see, Stronghold have a mage... That's weird, but even tho if there is a mage hero here why in the world is his/her ability +1 dmg to creature? I mean cool we have a mage, why not give him dispel magic or plus 1 to magic.