PDA

View Full Version : Finished the game: How can I go back and play Connor missions: Stuck with End Credits

anaisgragueb
11-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Here's my issue:

I finished the single player story: saw the end cinematics and the end credits started rolling....

But as soon as the credits start, I lose control over my mouse and can't even Esc or Enter or backspace or anything at all: result is I have to leave the game manually (alt + Tab out, force close). Now I want to get back in the game and back in the animus to play more Connor side missions and roam around, play naval missions, etc.....
But when I launch the game again, I get to Single Player -- Desmond (only one choice of savegame) and I get thrown back to the game at the point where I control Desmond right before the last cinematics + end credits.... and I'm stuck with the same problem all over again.

How do I get to fix this? How do I quit the credits when they start rolling in? Anyone else had that issue?
I really want to play Connor again. Does that mean the only way to do that is to wait till the very end of the credits? (Already waited nearly 10 minutes but the credits go on forever!!!)

Eager to get some ideas.

Cheers,

Ani.

spectatorx
11-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Yes, you have to watch them to the end :D
It is one of the most irritating things in whole series :D The same was, if i'm not wrong, in all previous games :D

TheLeoCrow
11-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Just let the credits roll, why the rush? After that you can freeroam and do any side missions you left

AntiChrist7
11-27-2012, 09:43 AM
you just spend 15+h on a game. cant you stand 10 minutes of credits? Go have a pee, grab a snack, and come back

anaisgragueb
11-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Got it. Thanks for clarifying this.

And sorry if I annoyed anyone by asking this question. Forcing players to wait 15 minutes for credits to roll while disabling their cursor and keyboard is such incredibly poor user experience that I simply assumed it was a bug.

Should have had less faith.

I'll stop everything I'm doing on my PC and wait till I know the name of every localization intern at Ubisoft Bucharest before continuing to play.

GuZZ33
11-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Game devs should do what IO Interactive have done with their credit roll in Hitman Absolution for the PC, you can fast forward, stop or rewind at different speeds with a controller, you can even end the credits right away, hahaha".

swn32
11-27-2012, 07:36 PM
you just spend 15+h on a game. cant you stand 10 minutes of credits? Go have a pee, grab a snack, and come back
You cant be serious. The credits are 19 mins long. Thats 19 mins you are locked out of your computer doing nothing but staring at a list of useless names you couldnt care for. It is horrible user experience and no self respecting company should put their customers through this kind of torture.

anaisgragueb
11-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Oh yeah, and of course, if you tab out to do something else on your PC while the credits roll... well... they're paused. Like all the other cinematics. So you MUST sit and let them play without doing anything else. No escape! :)

swn32
11-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Oh yeah, and of course, if you tab out to do something else on your PC while the credits roll... well... they're paused. Like all the other cinematics. So you MUST sit and let them play without doing anything else. No escape! :)
It's almost as if the rest of this glitch ridden game didnt frustrate you enough

Snicklex
11-27-2012, 08:56 PM
It's almost as if the rest of this glitch ridden game didnt frustrate you enough

I like the credits, gives me a list of people to infect with a plague so they can experience what its like to have something infested with bugs...

bveUSbve
11-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Forcing their customers through these annoyingly long end credits demonstrates what a narcissistic company Ubisoft is. And how little they care about the people who make them rich (at least some folks at the top). And why should they? Having a firm grip on the game press (most of it cannot be called journalism...), providing them with good to excellent reviews, even when a game is just so so (like AC3). And, in case of AC3, being sure of getting 4++ millions copies sold within the first weeks, even when the game in it's current state is (partly) a real mess?