PDA

View Full Version : Naval Combat

Kezza92
11-26-2012, 02:48 PM
I recently got AC3 and personally I wouldn't call the main character an assassin but I am not here to talk about that I am here to talk about the Naval Combat and I LOVE it I wish more Naval games were like that. It could use more boarding actions but I really like it =) and personally I wish there was more Naval battles available.

What does everyone else think about this addition to the game? and should there be more?

tonerton
11-26-2012, 08:06 PM
I recently got AC3 and personally I wouldn't call the main character an assassin but I am not here to talk about that I am here to talk about the Naval Combat and I LOVE it I wish more Naval games were like that. It could use more boarding actions but I really like it =) and personally I wish there was more Naval battles available.

What does everyone else think about this addition to the game? and should there be more?

Have you collected the trinkets? it gives you more missions for naval..yup I love the naval battles too, it's very engaging and is a fun way of being able to change somegameplay if you are tired with the story and sidequest missions

louphoque2012
11-29-2012, 06:32 PM
tu as de la chance moi je n'ai pas acces au naval ni aux voyages rapides soustoutes leur forme. pourquoi? comment changer cela??
Bref je suis bloqué à bieling ..

Tsuzukie
11-30-2012, 03:36 AM
I Love it too... Only wish it was a game all it's own. Pirates Creed FTW! I would like to be able to do a boarding without a cutscene, like get close enough and hit Z or something to throw the hooks and jump over. Having to sail to and from the mission area would be nice too. I have not finished the game but I find myself hunting trinkets so I can play more naval. Maybe they will see the excitement some of us have toward this part of the game and do it right, not just add a little more for this game or just implement it into next years assassins creed but make a whole game based on sailing...fighting...trading... I want Sid Meyers pirates with this engine or one like it. Might be a little bit of problem to turn this engine into a free roam...free fight... Sailing game but I have hopes for it! Maybe move a little from reality and add a kraken or mermaids... Myths from old sailing days... Some sea life like dolphins riding the bow wake sometimes and whales nearby. Hell I would even like to see fishing on board! But that would take the action game out and make it a sim. Don't get me wrong i still want to run a sword through some guys chest but some down time can do wonders.
i apologize to everyone who comes across my posts I tend to ramble about the same things about this game.

Pixel_Pile
11-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Anyone needed to upgrade their ships to complete all naval battles?

kolock8000
11-30-2012, 11:30 PM
I would personally love it if a DLC came out adding more naval mission or more stuff you can do at sea. For instance: More boarding missions or another sea fort you can either destroy at sea or sneak into it and sabotage it or even both!

Dellers
12-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Anyone needed to upgrade their ships to complete all naval battles?
Depends. Did all the privateer missions with no upgrades on my ship. I did upgrade it fully before the last battle of the main game though, and needed one or two upgrades to do one of the earlier ones fully synced. It's extremely expensive though. I only had 8000£ left after the full upgrade (and hit the button to sell everything at a store beforehand), and had done almost every side mission in the game and hunted a lot (the only ones I'm missing are a few delivery and guild missions).