PDA

View Full Version : Are Bodyguard/Decoy obsolete because of the "Activation Sound"?

dondarko
11-26-2012, 10:47 AM
I never noticed it in ACB or ACR, but in AC3 the sound you hear when activating your decoy/bodyguard is also heard by every other player in the Lobby. When I realized this some weeks ago, I never fell for a bg/dec since. When everybody realizes this, are bg/dec doomed like Templar Vision that made you light up like a Xmas tree? What do you think?

SillySin
11-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Not really as for "Decoy" the sound is just for you or ur teammates / as for "Bodyguard" then despite we can hear the sound but it is hard to avoid by going acro and ruin ur
disguise if you were using one and both abilities are great so far.

REYD7
11-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Even though you can hear bodygaurd, it's still pretty annoying to dodge. You either run away until its over, offensive smoke around it, or knife around it. All bad defenses making u waste abilities.

Pryotra
11-26-2012, 04:22 PM
I've decoyed and lured people in the top 100, if that even means anything, so It must still have some value.

Troon26
11-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Decoy works in team games and against targets. As far as I know, the activation sound for that is only audible to pursuers in free-for-all. Why there's any at all is beyond me; I would've thought they learned their lesson after the global "I'M WEARING A DISGUISE" warning that completely negated an ability in Brotherhood.

As for Bodyguard, it's annoying for pursuers whether they know it's there or not, and you can position it such that your pursuer has no time to react before getting stunned.

dondarko
11-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Decoy works in team games and against targets. As far as I know, the activation sound for that is only audible to pursuers in free-for-all. Why there's any at all is beyond me; I would've thought they learned their lesson after the global "I'M WEARING A DISGUISE" warning that completely negated an ability in Brotherhood.

As for Bodyguard, it's annoying for pursuers whether they know it's there or not, and you can position it such that your pursuer has no time to react before getting stunned.

Agreed, it doesn`t make much sense to announce a ability that is based on deceiving your opponent with a soundover that`s basically saying: Hey Pursurer, you hear the nice Decoy-Sound? Don`t fall for it. While it would make sense to hand that info out to your teammates (which is obsolete, because I see no name over the decoy, thats info enough) it really astonished me, that in a free-for-all mode Ubisoft would want to alarm the pursuer, such annihilating the whole purpose of the ability.
It`s also a problem now with the ranged abilities: Gun seems fairly balanced with alarming your target with the sound, but poisoned dart with its long targeting time is almost begging for interception.

DeanOMiite
11-26-2012, 07:40 PM
I have actually had more luck with decoy in this game than I ever had with it in ACB or ACR so I don't think decoy is obsolete. Bodyguard MAYBE you could say it's obsolete because the sound is super obvious, but it's SUCH a pain to avoid that even if your pursuer knows it's coming, it's effective because it will either a) force him to use an ability or b) run around it, costing him/her points in the approach bonus.

So I'd say no they are not obsolete, decoy is in fact awesome and bodyguard is...at worst, just kind of annoying.