PDA

View Full Version : PRESS B to SKIP is annoying

tonerton
11-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Can Ubisoft fix this? the skip button is always visible..this happens when the 2nd patch is applied.. Pls ubisoft fix this one out..it really detracts from the immersiveness of the game.

ze1t
11-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Yes, Ubisoft think we are r3tarded and we need to see it through the hole game, instead of showing it once. Maybe we are r3tarded for buying Ubisoft products.

YazX_
11-26-2012, 02:18 PM
its the same behavior in all new games , showing indicator in all cut scenes to skip, stop acting like kids whining and complaining on everything, vast majority want it instead of going to menu and select Skip like ACB and ACR.

its perfect the way it is and wont distract you unless you are very short to not see your whole screen but only the bottom part is visible to you!!!

ze1t
11-26-2012, 02:35 PM
its the same behavior in all new games , showing indicator in all cut scenes to skip, stop acting like kids whining and complaining on everything, vast majority want it instead of going to menu and select Skip like ACB and ACR.

its perfect the way it is and wont distract you unless you are very short to not see your whole screen but only the bottom part is visible to you!!!

No one is against the skip function, but showing it the hole time you can skip with "E" or any other button, it destroys the immersion imho. Keep the skip function, but add maybe an option in the menu to turn on or off the skip indicator. Some people even remove their hole HUD for the same reason.

AntiChrist7
11-26-2012, 02:46 PM
when you watch tv, does the channel mark in the top right corner bothers you too?

Yaz-H, if there was a rep system, you would have got some from me for that post. Guess a lot of people wanna press start, scroll to skip scene and confirm again, instead of just holding a button for 2 sec

ze1t
11-26-2012, 02:51 PM
when you watch tv, does the channel mark in the top right corner bothers you too?

Yes. I don't watch tv. When you go to the movies do you want the logo of the studio to appear there as well.

tonerton
11-26-2012, 06:12 PM

NOBODY IS AGAINST SKIPPING..what's wrong with you, the problem is the VISUAL, the skip button is visible like FOREVER..IT's in the lower right portion and it's really distracting,, For example, THE HOBBIT movie is coming in a few weeks, would you like a logo or new line cinema to be in the bottom right corner? THEN TELL ME IF THAT DOESN't DISTRACT YOU...sheesh dude read the thread carefully, nobody is against skipping, the skipping method would have been better like the first patch, where when you press be it will prompt you to hold to skip, then fades away. I don't know why ubisoft did this... It's odd KEEPING THE SKIP BUTTON IN THE LOWER RIGHT FOREVER,,it makes no sense and is distracting.

tonerton
11-26-2012, 06:14 PM

and to also, NEW GAMES YOU SAY? TELL ME A GAME THAT HAS CUTSCENES THAT GIVES YOU A SKIP BUTTON ON THE LOWER RIGHT PORTION AND STAYS THERE FOREVER? I THINK NOT, The best game that I experienced was MGS during cutscenes because you can just pause the game then there's a skip button to follow. Personally, I don't care with whatever method as long as the PRESS B SKIP button is taken away from the lower right, it's really distracting to see it there CONSTANTLY and not fading away!

ze1t
11-26-2012, 06:26 PM
As tonerot said. Sometimes when I play a game I want to think that I I'm actually there, get immersed completely in the world. But that SKIP BUTTON indicator reminds me constantly that I'm playing a video game.

AntiChrist7
11-26-2012, 06:26 PM
not only are you shouting, you are also creating duplicate threads. Hopefully the moderators dont spare the ban button. I can understand people who have never visited this forum to come here if they have a geniune complain like their game not working, but this..

If you had to go into menu to skip the cutscenes, you'd complain about that as well

tonerton
11-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Can Ubisoft fix this? the skip button is always visible..this happens when the 2nd patch is applied.. Pls ubisoft fix this one out..it really detracts from the immersiveness of the game.

not only are you shouting, you are also creating duplicate threads. Hopefully the moderators dont spare the ban button. I can understand people who have never visited this forum to come here if they have a geniune complain like their game not working, but this..

If you had to go into menu to skip the cutscenes, you'd complain about that as well

I'm not shouting im EMPHASIZING...and your wrong, I won't complain if I go to the menu just to skip the cutscene! I'm not a ******. I just don't want the SKIP button to remain in the lower part of the screen. YOU UNDERSTAND right? the SKIP button doesn't go away..It's distracting and ruins the game. LOL I don't duplicate like crazy, I just update it so that the moderators and ubisoft may see this and to show them that this is a serious matter not only to me but to other gamers as well...PLEASE IF YOU DON'T agree DONT WASTE TIME HERE IN MY THREAD, GO ANNOY SOMEONE ELSE coz clearly you don't understand what I'm complaining about

apoc.reg
11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
+1 please disable!!!! Only display it when you press a button is the obvious fix

Rekalty
11-27-2012, 01:00 PM
We need a button to press, to skip duplicated threads.
/Sarcasm

But yeah, it does seem a bit excessive, having to see it switch back and forth constantly. [E] to Skip would be more than plenty.

ze1t
11-27-2012, 01:37 PM
We need a button to press, to skip duplicated threads.
/Sarcasm

But yeah, it does seem a bit excessive, having to see it switch back and forth constantly. [E] to Skip would be more than plenty.

What, it's even switching back and forth??? The first time I saw it I switched the game off instantly. Haven't played it since. Waiting for an option to remove the indicator.

tonerton
11-28-2012, 01:15 AM
What, it's even switching back and forth??? The first time I saw it I switched the game off instantly. Haven't played it since. Waiting for an option to remove the indicator.

Yeah I hope they would fix this with the new patch....Pls ubisoft we don't like the skip button in the cutscenes being there like forever