PDA

View Full Version : Should I get AC 3 on PC or PS3?

ACFan5thGen
11-26-2012, 08:47 AM
I posted this thread in both sections so I could get both sides of the argument.

I have a relatively high end PC which can run games such as Skyrim and Guild Wars 2 on maximum settings with great FPS, but however I've played the PS3 for a while now for the AC series and I was wondering if the controls are less comfortable and if there are other cons on PC?

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 08:55 AM
I posted this thread in both sections so I could get both sides of the argument.

I have a relatively high end PC which can run games such as Skyrim and Guild Wars 2 on maximum settings with great FPS, but however I've played the PS3 for a while now for the AC series and I was wondering if the controls are less comfortable and if there are other cons on PC?
If you`re sure of your PC, then get it on PC..

Regarding the Controls...I`d get a Controller...never played played AC on PC without a Controller...Can`t actually

BeCk41
11-26-2012, 09:01 AM
PS3.

A lot of stuff is going wrong with PC versions without CD's. I also heard that a lot of people are having a hard time playing the multiplayer on PC, which is putting them in "limited mode". I think consoles can handle this type of game better than a PC to be perfectly honest with you, but if your comp can handle it go ahead and get it for PC if you want to deal with playing no multiplayer and lag issues (even with a great gaming comp). Another good thing is that you can play on a big screen (if you have one) instead of a tiny screen. Do yourself a favor and get it for your Playstation!!!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping/jumping0042.gif

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 09:08 AM
PS3.

A lot of stuff is going wrong with PC versions without CD's. I also heard that a lot of people are having a hard time playing the multiplayer on PC, which is putting them in "limited mode". I think consoles can handle this type of game better than a PC to be perfectly honest with you, but if your comp can handle it go ahead and get it for PC if you want to deal with playing no multiplayer and lag issues (even with a great gaming comp). Another good thing is that you can play on a big screen (if you have one) instead of a tiny screen. Do yourself a favor and get it for your Playstation!!!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping/jumping0042.gif
Humph.....Fan-Girl:p

pirate1802
11-26-2012, 09:11 AM

Says the fanboy xD

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Says the fanboy xD
D:

Too Soon

scooper121s
11-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Consoles are literaly made for gaming, pcs are made for browsing the internet and work, so plystationftw

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Consoles are literaly made for gaming, pcs are made for browsing the internet and work, so plystationftw
There`s Gaming PCs

HA !

BeCk41
11-26-2012, 09:41 AM

Psh http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/silly/rollingeyes.gif

What's ironic is that I'm recommending him to play on PS3, yet I've never owned one. Just assuming that consoles are mighty gods that can run any games, lol.

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Psh http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/silly/rollingeyes.gif

What's ironic is that I'm recommending him to play on PS3, yet I've never owned one. Just assuming that consoles are mighty gods that can run any games, lol.
I play ALL games on PS3 and I recommended PC:p

And called you a fan-girl....for recommending PS3....Huh...Wow...That sounds wrong xD

BeCk41
11-26-2012, 09:49 AM
I play ALL games on PS3 and I recommended PC:p

And called you a fan-girl....for recommending PS3....Huh...Wow...That sounds wrong xD

I didn't catch the wrong part http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/silly/eyebrow.gif

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 09:53 AM
I didn't catch the wrong part http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/silly/eyebrow.gif
I am Confusing...and that`s just my natural charm.... aren't you charmed ??

BeCk41
11-26-2012, 09:56 AM
sureeeeeee no. XD

Lexax123
11-26-2012, 10:16 AM

(I have it on both) The default control mappings are horrible imo, you'll have to change it a bit, but I've got it to a comfortable setting. You can of course always use a controller (even a PS3 one). If you don't really care for MP, definitely get this on PC. The game looks absolutely amazing and if you can run Skyrim and GW2 on max, you should be able to run this at a decent frame-rate despite the iffy optimization.

DonerXkebab02
11-26-2012, 10:36 AM
really! pc are made for browsing xD
tell that to my alienware...

OT: I cant tell you what is better (because i still don't have a new code :( ) but if you live in the BeNeLux buy it for your ps3.

ace3001
11-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Woah, the misinformation flowing around is too high. BeckWrecks, if you have no idea what you're talking about, please don't post anything. Consoles are mighty gods? LAWL. The PC version can run native 1080p at 60 FPS + has a lot of DX11 effects not available in the console versions. And tiny screen? What is HDMI?

The PC version is the best if you have a good PC. A decent Intel quad core processor with at least a GTX 560, go for the PC version. Otherwise, PS3.
(And if you're playing multiplayer, and your friends are on PS3, get PS3.)

Anyway, seeing as your main problem is controls, with the PC version, you have a choice of whether to use a controller or keyboard and mouse, so controls really aren't an issue.

Death_Angel733
11-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Woah, the misinformation flowing around is too high. BeckWrecks, if you have no idea what you're talking about, please don't post anything. Consoles are mighty gods? LAWL. The PC version can run native 1080p at 60 FPS + has a lot of DX11 effects not available in the console versions. And tiny screen? What is HDMI?

The PC version is the best if you have a good PC. A decent Intel quad core processor with at least a GTX 560, go for the PC version. Otherwise, PS3.
(And if you're playing multiplayer, and your friends are on PS3, get PS3.)

Anyway, seeing as your main problem is controls, with the PC version, you have a choice of whether to use a controller or keyboard and mouse, so controls really aren't an issue.

Actually, consoles are better than but only during release. You can buy a PS3 and you don't have to worry about upgrading it for 3-6 years since the games are optimized for current gen consoles. A brand new console is much better and more expensive than a high end PC. With PC however, you can spend 100 - 500 dollars to upgrade it once every 2 or 3 years.

OT: Get it for PS3. Why? Because exclusives that's why. Ubisoft has a strong friendship with Sony. You'll get a lot of exclusives on the PS3. It was generous of them to include AC1 for free with the PS3 AC:R disc. I have a PC that can run BF3, Skyrim and all other games at High or Max, but I still prefer AC on console. Playing with a keyboard is awkward as opposed to a controller. You can always use a controller for PC though. Graphics are not as good as PC, but I don't care. All I want is a smooth and clean game.

In short, buy it for PS3. You'll get exclusives on every AC game that will come out.

ace3001
11-26-2012, 01:42 PM
A brand new console is much better and more expensive than a high end PC.Wrong.

And the only thing PC missed out on in the AC series was the Copernicus DLC. If that alone is a good reason, yeah, get PS3.

Death_Angel733
11-26-2012, 01:52 PM
And the only thing PC missed out on in the AC series was the Copernicus DLC. If that alone is a good reason, yeah, get PS3.

They included a full game with AC:R for free. I'm sure they're willing to dish out better exclusives in the future. Or atleast that's what they want us to think. I can barely see any difference between PS3 and PC in terms of performance except in visuals. Loading time is slightly faster, but not much of a deal.

If they increase the MP player count or enlarged the AC3 map, that's a different story.

ace3001
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
A full game which is available for PC in various digital stores for dirt cheap. Your "I'm sure they're willing to dish out better exclusives in the future" is just your speculation. If you can barely see a difference, it's your personal issue, but a proper PC can run the game at 60 FPS, whereas PS3 only runs it at 30. And PC loading time is a lot faster, at least compared to the Xbox 360 version. (I haven't played the PS3 version myself.) But from all I've heard the Xbox 360 version actually performs better, so there's that.

Ultimately, it blows down to how good the OP's PC is and how he feels about PC gaming. If he has a good PC and has experience with PC gaming, get PC version. Otherwise get PS3.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 01:59 PM

It's entirely your Choice - You own both machines & from what you say already use ps3 for AC games .(if i've read that correctly)
PC has some noticeable texture & graphical improvements , But also similar if not identical game glitches & flaws & currently more than a few online issues.
The Console versions won't look quite as pretty as your high end PC , but still nothing game destroying . (pretty sure PS3 has been AC's console of choice throughout the series but not certain.)

So at the end of the day as helpful or unhelpful as this may be ...........YOU DECIDE.
This will eventually become nothing more than a console VS PC war thread,

Personally i've always chosen 1 system for games & stayed with it for all games - I prefer not to switch between 3-4 different systems just for shinier graphics or a little extra mission here & there. SO OVER TO YOU , BE A MAN & DECIDE. :D