PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for Christmas DLC

TlNSTAAFL
11-26-2012, 06:05 AM
The game has so much potential for Christmas DLC. Is anyone else reminded of "A Christmas Carol" when roaming New York City in winter?
Btw, we never (inside of the actual storyline) play in New York in the winter time. This might be a good oppurtunity for... something. <3

montagemik
11-26-2012, 06:15 AM
The game has so much potential for Christmas DLC. Is anyone else reminded of "A Christmas Carol" when roaming New York City in winter?
Btw, we never (inside of the actual storyline) play in New York in the winter time. This might be a good oppurtunity for... something. <3

No i can't say i am reminded of a Christmas Carol while playing in N.Y in winter .
But that's probably because Christmas Carol is set in London ....:rolleyes:

I Would find it funny if connor could make a snowman on the homestead or Throw Snowballs at the orphans in the cities LOL :cool:

DemonLord4lf
11-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Tomato, tomahto!!! Right? :p

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 06:21 AM
Sounds Interesting....Perhaps...a Christmas themed Melody while roaming new York ?? (Cheesy :P)

montagemik
11-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Maybe they'll add a Hunting society mission where we have to hunt a Red nosed Elk . :rolleyes:

Silhouelle
11-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Connor should get a new 'passthrough' move, where he somehow fits down a chimney, pops out of the fireplace and runs out of the front door leaving a family of bewildered, mouth agape residents behind him. :D

Matty7Ice
11-26-2012, 07:35 AM
More than likely there won't be a DLC other than the Washington one. If anything new is released it is going to be a patch to fix any remaining problems others are complaining about.

DemonLord4lf
11-26-2012, 08:37 AM
More than likely there won't be a DLC other than the Washington one. If anything new is released it is going to be a patch to fix any remaining problems others are complaining about.

Thats a must. We're hoping they could add onto the adventure. And who's to say they wont? Dont forget the Benedict Arnold missions. Those were a DLC.

BeCk41
11-26-2012, 10:03 AM
yaaaay snowmans! Kids can make them and Connor can Assassinate them! Could be nice target practice for him. xP

UrDeviant1
11-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Connor could use the kids snowman's to leap of faith Into, and hide behind them so the guards are all like "WTF, did that snowman just whistle at me, bro?" "I dunno', bruh, go check It out"... 'BLAM!'

Death_Angel733
11-26-2012, 01:43 PM
If Santa was an Assassin, Christmas would be just one huge Templar killing spree.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Give us Snowballs as a non lethal knockout or distraction weapon. lol

SNOWBALL FIGHTS
SNOWBALL FIGHTS
SNOWBALL FIGHTS

Who wouldn't want this ......Come on Devs make us all SMILE for christmas.
(but fix the real glitches & faults 1st)

LightRey
11-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Give us Snowballs as a non lethal knockout or distraction weapon. lol

SNOWBALL FIGHTS
SNOWBALL FIGHTS
SNOWBALL FIGHTS

Who wouldn't want this ......Come on Devs make us all SMILE for christmas.
(but fix the real glitches & faults 1st)
I doubt a snowball would be very effective at knocking someone out. >___>
Might work for distractions though xD

montagemik
11-26-2012, 03:22 PM
I doubt a snowball would be very effective at knocking someone out. >___>
Might work for distractions though xD

Dip your snowball in a little water - It's possible to cause concussion , no problem.

I doubt a teenage Connor could knock out or kill a squad of 6-8 soldiers - But he does it . Why be so literal in a game that is full of impossibilities - makes for a dull experience.

LightRey
11-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Dip your snowball in a little water - It's possible to cause concussion , no problem.

I doubt a teenage Connor could knock out or kill a squad of 6-8 soldiers - But he does it . Why be so literal in a game that is full of impossibilities - makes for a dull experience.
Not impossibilities, improbabilities, and you have to keep in mind that Connor never actually did so as a kid. That's just Desmond in the Animus.

MasterAssasin84
11-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Correct me if i am wrong but aint DLC been planned throughout December ?

montagemik
11-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Not impossibilities, improbabilities, and you have to keep in mind that Connor never actually did so as a kid. That's just Desmond in the Animus.

Really - So find me a teenager who can kill a BEAR with a stone dagger & stone tomahawk @ close range .
That's a memory desmond relives - not a free roam experience.

Like i said the game is full of impossibilities - But total reality is NO fun so i don't mind exageration - the stick isn't that far up my *** .

LightRey
11-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Really - So find me a teenager who can kill a BEAR with a stone dagger & stone tomahawk @ close range .
That's a memory desmond relives - not a free roam experience.

Like i said the game is full of impossibilities - But total reality is NO fun so i don't mind exageration - the stick isn't that far up my *** .
It's a secondary memory Desmond relives. He could easily have done that as an adult, and most likely did. Are you really trying to argue that Connor didn't go directly to Achilles after leaving his village? Because that seems rather unlikely, and I'd say it's safe to assume he stayed there until he went to Boston (since he spent most of his time training and what little free time he had studying).

montagemik
11-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Correct me if i am wrong but aint DLC been planned throughout December ?

I thought the next batch was jan 15th onwards - next season. Not certain though.

TlNSTAAFL
11-26-2012, 03:47 PM
No i can't say i am reminded of a Christmas Carol while playing in N.Y in winter .
But that's probably because Christmas Carol is set in London ....:rolleyes:

I Would find it funny if connor could make a snowman on the homestead or Throw Snowballs at the orphans in the cities LOL :cool:
The american setting doesn't feel so american to me. It's not an america I've grown up around, so how could it? Especially since everyone has a lovely british accent, and the union jack is flown around every city, and occupied templar areas still have redcoats. Regardless, I would love to see an Assassins Creed based around London at some point in time.

We do have snowmen in the game, as well as the children have snowball fights. I wouldn't mind seeing more of the same. :3

going off my own idea, I was thinking it'd be neat to see christmas carolers in the streets. perhaps the orphans could somehow be tied into the plot.

MasterAssasin84
11-26-2012, 03:48 PM
I thought the next batch was jan 15th onwards - next season. Not certain though.

Well i went into game last week to but the Season pass and it said on the back of the selection card that the release will be December ?

montagemik
11-26-2012, 03:50 PM
It's a secondary memory Desmond relives. He could easily have done that as an adult, and most likely did. Are you really trying to argue that Connor didn't go directly to Achilles after leaving his village? Because that seems rather unlikely, and I'd say it's safe to assume he stayed there until he went to Boston (since he spent most of his time training and what little free time he had studying).

Kid connor goes hunting with his friend & kills a bear that chases him - before leaving the village for the Homestead. NOT ADULT CONNOR - that's a Memory NOT a free roam experience.
Memories in the Animus are events that happened.

Give that stick a wiggle, i think it's stuck.

LightRey
11-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Kid connor goes hunting with his friend & kills a bear that chases him - before leaving the village for the Homestead. NOT ADULT CONNOR - that's a Memory NOT a free roam experience.
Memories in the Animus are events that happened.

Give that stick a wiggle, i think it's stuck.
He doesn't kill the bear, he escapes the area.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Well i went into game last week to but the Season pass and it said on the back of the selection card that the release will be December ?

Maybe it is then - i got my season pass from the online Store, says gives access to DLC beginning early 2013 . Next multiplayer season begins Jan 15th so i assumed that's when we'll get some content.
Said i wasn't certain , sorry

TlNSTAAFL
11-26-2012, 04:04 PM

I'm hoping the company didn't give everything away when mentioning that.

MasterAssasin84
11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=montagemik;8734221]Maybe it is then - i got my season pass from the online Store, says gives access to DLC beginning early 2013 . Next multiplayer season begins Jan 15th so i assumed that's when we'll get some content.
Said i wasn't certain , sorry[/QUOTE

Game could be wrong ? i think i am going to have to look into this because i am getting different dates :confused:

montagemik
11-26-2012, 04:08 PM

Maybe for you - I dodged it's attack & instantly killed it as it turned - knife in the head. . Same as can be done with the Elk when dodging first charge. The full ninigame QTE isn't always neccessary to kill predators.

ALL this because i suggested SNOWBALLS for christmas DLC. LOL . .

MasterAssasin84
11-26-2012, 04:08 PM

Can you actualy stay and fight the bear because if thats the case then its purely optional.

TlNSTAAFL
11-26-2012, 04:14 PM
This is a christmas thread, and meant to spread good tidings, cheer, and ideas about killing people during christmas. So everybody love everybody! D=<

LightRey
11-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Can you actualy stay and fight the bear because if thats the case then its purely optional.
In my two experiences with the memory the bear's always run off before I could get to it, but I know someone who's killed the bear since she had the opportunity (it got stuck).

MasterAssasin84
11-26-2012, 04:17 PM
In my two experiences with the memory the bear's always run off before I could get to it, but I know someone who's killed the bear since she had the opportunity (it got stuck).

I am going to go through the sequence again and try this.

TlNSTAAFL
11-28-2012, 06:18 PM
bump