PDA

View Full Version : Another posistive thing about the AC series

NeverThat
11-26-2012, 05:51 AM
The Matrix references for one thing and stories about thinking for yourself instead of believing everything told and handed down to you. Also playing through the franchise actually had me researching landmarks and people throughout the series, especially in AC2. Ubi did a great job for the most part mixing in an interesting story around real life events. Even the places where some of these characters died at are accurate. If only social studies classes were this interesting in school! :cool:

scooper121s
11-26-2012, 07:07 AM
welcome to the forums! (What's with their suddenly being loads of positive threads?) yes it was a wonderful game series. It actually got me into history:)

pirate1802
11-26-2012, 07:12 AM
It actually got me into history:)

Me too. History-based games are rare anyway, outside the strategy genre..

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Taught me English too...

Better than my English teacher anyway..

Got an American accent from Altair:p

NeverThat
11-26-2012, 07:21 AM
welcome to the forums! (What's with their suddenly being loads of positive threads?) yes it was a wonderful game series. It actually got me into history:)

Thanks! I noticed tons of disappointment with AC3, some of the criticisms I agree with but I have been diving deep into the franchise lately and as a whole, it's one of my favorite franchises this gen. Even learned a bit of Italian from it!

Off subject, I always wondered if Ezio's uncle Mario was created for the sole purpose of him saying 'It's me!! Maaariioo!', lol!

zhengyingli
11-26-2012, 07:26 AM
It actually got me into history:)
It's the other way around, for me. It's because of the historical context that got me excited about the first game and on. I'm not a history buff, but I always take history classes whenever I can because I'm an enthusiast, especially American history. Imagine how awesome the experience was for me to meet these historical figures, especially the more obscure ones I've read about in class. The Renaissance was not as much of a treat due to my limited knowledge, but at the very least I was aware of Da Vinci's various blueprints, Pazzi Conspiracy, and the corrupt Borgias.

scooper121s
11-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Taught me English too...

Better than my English teacher anyway..

Got an American accent from Altair:p
Yeah, that was immersion breaking for me, glad they rectified that in rev

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Yeah, that was immersion breaking for me, glad they rectified that in rev
Altair had a HORRIBLE accent in Revelations...

The Arabic words sounded SO WRONG..at least in AC I, Altair`s Arabic pronunciations were correct..

scooper121s
11-26-2012, 07:38 AM

The Arabic words sounded SO WRONG..at least in AC I, Altair`s Arabic pronunciations were correct..
I meant he sounded middle eastern, sigh lose lose situation ain't it :(

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 07:41 AM
sigh lose lose situation ain't it :(
Indeed...

They Should`v brought back Phillip...If they asked him to do a Mid-eastern Accent, he would`v done it perfectly, but they intentionally had him use an American accent in the game and got a non-mid-eastern to do a mid-eastern accent later..

It just does not work...

NeverThat
11-26-2012, 07:43 AM

I always thought Altair's voice actor in Ac1 was dull and monotone. After hearing the new voice actor in ACR, I actually missed the original voice actor.

zhengyingli
11-26-2012, 07:48 AM

I have problems with non-English speakers speaking English in general, bad accents or not. Played ACII in Italian all the way, and it was awesome.

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 07:49 AM
I have problems with non-English speakers speaking English in general, bad accents or not. Played ACII in Italian all the way, and it was awesome.
I did that for one play-through...because...I had the story understood by then :P

scooper121s
11-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Indeed...

They Should`v brought back Phillip...If they asked him to do a Mid-eastern Accent, he would`v done it perfectly, but they intentionally had him use an American accent in the game and got a non-mid-eastern to do a mid-eastern accent later..

It just does not work...

no it does not, if they do remake the original AC game, which I hope they do, I hope they bring back Philip and ask him to do a middle eastern accent, i'd love that, and i'm sure you would too

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 07:57 AM
no it does not, if they do remake the original AC game, which I hope they do, I hope they bring back Philip and ask him to do a middle eastern accent, i'd love that, and i'm sure you would too
Did you hear Altair speak Arabic during some fights in Acre ?? That was Awesome...

Now I just hear Altair say Abbas` name in Revelations and i go UGH....Another Assassin in the same friggin scene actually says Abbas` name better....But yeah...I`d love a proper Mid-eastern accent with the correct Pronunciation of Arabic

scooper121s
11-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Did you hear Altair speak Arabic during some fights in Acre ?? That was Awesome...

Now I just hear Altair say Abbas` name in Revelations and i go UGH....Another Assassin in the same friggin scene actually says Abbas` name better....But yeah...I`d love a proper Mid-eastern accent with the correct Pronunciation of Arabic

Freaking epic yes :)
Ahhbahhsss shudder god horrible pronunciation
yes that would be awesome

pirate1802
11-26-2012, 09:04 AM
How does saying Abbas in Arabic sound like? Abbas is a common name among muslims over here and we say it like Ab-baaas :D

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 09:13 AM
How does saying Abbas in Arabic sound like? Abbas is a common name among muslims over here and we say it like Ab-baaas :D
In Revelations, Altair says it as AHBBAHS...like this http://inogolo.com/audio/Abbas_5619.mp3

The Correct would be lighter As

LightRey
11-26-2012, 11:19 AM

They should just never change VA's. :/

MasterAssasin84
11-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Thats the Thing with Assassins Creed ubi have cleverly balanced fiction with historical fact, the main thing i like about the AC series is that all instalments have gone to locations and historical moments that no other game has ever done and thats the clever thing with the franchise because the search for ancient artifacts are based on a subjects genetic memories the writers can go backwards and forwards to any moment in history.

but since playing AC1 i have been heavily engrossed in the history of the Knights Templar and in some cases whilst playing the game found it very educational.