PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Rome

Sidizen
11-26-2012, 01:25 AM
I think that the next AC game should take place in Ancient Rome, just think of what the AC developers could do with all of that history!

tgow2010
11-26-2012, 02:05 AM
As much as I like it, no more Italy for AC, please! 18th-19th century London would make an incredible setting

Sidizen
11-26-2012, 02:09 AM
To me it's either Ancient Rome, or Ancient Egypt

montagemik
11-26-2012, 02:11 AM
As much as I like it, no more Italy for AC, please! 18th-19th century London would make an incredible setting

Jack the ripper was an assassin framed by the templars - Could work . :eek:

No really London would be a great city base , with more than a few years history to weave back stories into.

tgow2010
11-26-2012, 02:15 AM

No really London would be a great city base , with more than a few years history to weave back stories into.

Definitely work the Ripper in there somewhere! The buildings alone would be fantastic. Imagine all the slums of the East end, the industrial factories (depending which time they set it), workhouses, Parliament, then the nicer West end places, the opera houses (briefly touched on in AC3), the sewer systems could be similar to the AC3 tunnels but maybe with chase sequences or tracking people through there.

TrueAssassin77
11-26-2012, 03:15 AM

*mind blown*
thats awesome-sauce

scooper121s
11-26-2012, 08:08 AM

No, jack the ripper working for Queen Victoria (the head templar) and good ole jack i killing the allies of the assassins, the prostitutes

DemonLord4lf
11-26-2012, 08:31 AM
speaking of the ladies of the night. Why did they remove them from the game? They removed all the hirable factions from the game :(

scooper121s
11-26-2012, 08:36 AM
speaking of the ladies of the night. Why did they remove them from the game? They removed all the hirable factions from the game :(
Which sucks, although I never used them; they add to the storyline if you do their quests

DemonLord4lf
11-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Which sucks, although I never used them; they add to the storyline if you do their quests

I can somewhat understand removing them. (somewhat, not entirely happy with it) However, why did they make the thieves guild a bunch of kids? And where is the mercenary guild? It really feels like they gutted the game... :(

BeCk41
11-26-2012, 08:48 AM

Yes! London!!! Finally some people who want England as a destination for a change. I mean Queen Elizabeth of the Golden Age would make a amazing story quite like the past Assassins Creed games, not to mention they actually tried to Assassinate her in real life (several times). The Tudor family, not to mention kings and queens are one of the most famous and talked about things of England and across the world.

To me it's either Ancient Rome, or Ancient Egypt

We don't need the game to take place in Egypt, it just wouldn't fit. Besides, the Tomb Raider series based half their games in Egypt so it wouldn't be anything new to see.

pirate1802
11-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Well lets just say, while I have liked some setting more than the other, I have never been actually "disappointed" of any. So wherever they take the series next, I'm on for the ride.

That said, I'd personally like to see:
If they continue moving forward in time: Victorian London/French revolution/Colonial India
If they go back in time: Ancient Egypt/Persia/Babylon/Greece.