PDA

View Full Version : The Lumber people won't work!

AdmiralCole
11-25-2012, 09:23 PM
I stalked Godfrey ALL DAY for like 3 days and he did nothing i could use for the encyclopedia (just fished and smoked)
How do I get them to do something!?

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Go to the accounting book and craft a whip. Use It to let them know who's boss.

AdmiralCole
11-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Haha, but I'm serious. The lumber people are the only ones I have left. I have 1 recorded but they aren't doing ANYTHING.

TwelveAlpha
11-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Haha, but I'm serious. The lumber people are the only ones I have left. I have 1 recorded but they aren't doing ANYTHING.

Haha, it is true they are very lazy. I just had to wait around for a long time with the "daytime" hack on and was stuck at 2/3... finally got the wife making butter.

TreFacTor
11-26-2012, 12:01 AM
I've got the same issue. The Lumberers never do anything but smoke...I've gotten 2/3 activities scanned and now they repeat the same useless activities like fishing. Tried the animus hacks, fast traveling, replaying story missions....nothing seems to get them out of their loop.

VitaminsXYZ
11-26-2012, 02:03 AM
Yeah, I had this problem as well. I'm surprised they got anything done at the rate they work...
I managed to get all of their activities though. I forget her name, but I remember you can can scan one of the women churning butter, too.

Rankya_94
11-26-2012, 02:07 AM
lmao

AdmiralCole
11-26-2012, 02:53 AM
I wish there was a way to order them to make something, as all they do is smoke and fish...
Does anyone know how to break this loop!?

ecWarAmp
11-26-2012, 04:16 AM
maybe it was a long weekend

TreFacTor
11-26-2012, 06:23 PM
I wish there was a way to order them to make something, as all they do is smoke and fish...
Does anyone know how to break this loop!?
It doesn't just seem to be just the Lumberers..I've seen others mention different objectives that are stuck, this portion is just glitched...doesn't matter if it's the farmers, Lumberers etc. the encyclopedia of the common man seems to get stuck in a loop and the patch didn't fix it. I'm getting really frustrated with it as I've been stuck at 98% completion for a week. There's absolutely nothing left to do once you've full synced everything (aside from multiplayer which I hate).

montagemik
11-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Mentioning what memory you guys are up to may help with solutions to these problems .
Hard to believe walkthroughs are all over the internet isn't it ?

TreFacTor
11-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Mentioning what memory you guys are up to may help with solutions to these problems .
Hard to believe walkthroughs are all over the internet isn't it ?
Walkthroughs won't help with this issue...have you completed encyclopedia of the common man? I have completed the game to 98% with the story being 100% (synced) complete. I have just the delivery mission sidequest and the thieves guild to complete. Replaying story missions hasn't helped since once you've completed a memory segment, your dumped back to free roam with nothing to do (in my case). Any other suggestions?

montagemik
11-26-2012, 10:44 PM
They only perform certain tasks AFTER certain memories or missions are completed .

Nowhere has the O.P. stated how far into the game he is or which memories he's completed on the Homestead.
So if he hasn't done everything - A walkthrough would be more than a little useful.

I can only offer a solution with the info i'm given ...........which says 2 out of 3 objectives scanned - not all that detailed in pinpointing the problem.

TreFacTor
11-26-2012, 11:08 PM
They only perform certain tasks AFTER certain memories or missions are completed .

Nowhere has the O.P. stated how far into the game he is or which memories he's completed on the Homestead.
So if he hasn't done everything - A walkthrough would be more than a little useful.

I've mentioned that I've completed the main game 100% (did it on two different saves.)

I can only offer a solution with the info i'm given ...........which says 2 out of 3 objectives scanned - not all that detailed in pinpointing the problem.

The reason it's not very detailed is because it doesn't matter which of the homesteaders are stuck with 2/3 completed or how much of the game you have completed. Of course it's obvious that you will need to have completed a certain portion of the main story to get all of the homesteaders, this isn't the case with this bug...the people experiencing this issue have more than likely done everything else, and this is one of the "clean up" tasks for their completionist play through

Sooo I guess that's a no, you have no other suggestions....

montagemik
11-27-2012, 12:16 AM
If YOUR way of asking for help is by quoting me in childish huge text because YOU didn't get what you want -------That isn't going to get you much from me.
You need to grow up bud - i ain't your mom.

I stated "Nowhere has the O.P. (Original poster who made this thread ) Stated how much he's done or completed."
But you were more interested in demanding a fix for yourself than to actually read my statement.

As it happens, Many people have gotten past this glitch by scanning every task these homestead people do.
So knowing exactly which tasks each homesteader CAN do is actually useful.
& as you're fixated by the question - Yes i completed the whole game 100% completeionist / platinum about 10 days ago.

But you carry on with your tantrum - while i stop bothering to guess WHICH tasks you've actually scanned.

TreFacTor
11-27-2012, 12:29 AM
If YOUR way of asking for help is by quoting me in childish huge text because YOU didn't get what you want -------That isn't going to get you much from me.
You need to grow up bud - i ain't your mom.

I stated "Nowhere has the O.P. (Original poster who made this thread ) Stated how much he's done or completed."
But you were more interested in demanding a fix for yourself than to actually read my statement.

As it happens, Many people have gotten past this glitch by scanning every task these homestead people do.
So knowing exactly which tasks each homesteader CAN do is actually useful.
& as you're fixated by the question - Yes i completed the whole game 100% completeionist / platinum about 10 days ago.

But you carry on with your tantrum - while i stop bothering to guess WHICH tasks you've actually scanned.
If any of the Homesteaders are repeating the same 3 tasks...how is knowing those 3 tasks going to help you help anyone else? That is my point, your help really isn't helpful. i'm glad you got past this, but many others can't because the homestead is stuck in a loop...if all the Lumberers do is smoke, defecate, fish, and smoke, what other tasks are supposed to be scanned if no other tasks are being performed than the aforementioned? (yes they are supposed to chop wood, play a game, pack a cart...)How is knowing what other activities they are SUPPOSED to perform going to help if they never actually do anything else? You suggested to replay memories...this isn't a solution because once you've completed a memory for a second time, your kicked back to free roam.

I'm not demanding a fix for myself...this situation isn't isolated to just me and the OP, and our situations are very similar (he's scanned all of the other Homesteaders and the Lumberers are the last needed)...I was merely stating that your suggestion to the OP or anyone else for that matter, doesn't work. Your insults are unwarranted also.

montagemik
11-27-2012, 12:44 AM
They only perform a limited number of tasks earlier on in the game - So knowing how far in the OP is in the game is an important factor.

If all you're doing is hanging around the lumber yard constantly just watching them - they usually do nothing the whole time (same with other homesteaders..
Have you tried visiting every other homestead member then going back to the lumberers. after seeing other groups..........I Have no idea i can't see your screen
Have you tried different times of the day - morning - afternoon ? ............I Have no idea i can't see your screen.
Have you tried with different weather settings.? .......i've no idea.
Have you tried looking for the lumberers while visiting a different homestead member - like at lance's place or Big dave the blacksmith ? .........

Again lack of detail tells me none of these things - & YOUR HUGE TEXT IN RED WAS EQUALLY UNWARRANTED.
NOWHERE HAVE I SUGGESTED REPLAYING ANY MEMORIES ........why lie ?
I have no idea what i'm talking about obviously. lol..

AdmiralCole
11-27-2012, 12:48 AM
(I'm the OP FYI)

When I had this problem, I was 100% synched with story and did all homestead missions up to the last 2 (legacy and the painting) which it wouldn't let me do until the encyclopedia was done.
I was able to get them. The skinny guy was standing in front of a log and I got the women churning butter right at the break of dawn.
My advice (for the lumberers) is to follow We or Wi or whatever because he does the most.
Another thing I got is to completely leave the area around them, quite a ways off the map. For some reason it re-loads whatever characters and resets them, most likely causing them to do something,

For any character, just stalk them in eagle vision until they are golden. Like I said, you can also try running until they are off the map to reload them, fast travel or just leave and re-enter the homestead all together. I don't think there are any more possible fixes.

I hope the devs fix this. This quest should be removed altogether, but the least they could do is fix it. Good luck to all stuck and I hope my fixes work for you.

The 3 things I got them doing were:
1. Loading the cart (afternoon, not every day)
2. W guy standing in front of a lifted long, probably supposed to be chopping it (mid-day, not everyday)
3. Women churning butter (morning, not everyday)

montagemik
11-27-2012, 01:02 AM
(I'm the OP FYI)

When I had this problem, I was 100% synched with story and did all homestead missions up to the last 2 (legacy and the painting) which it wouldn't let me do until the encyclopedia was done.
I was able to get them. The skinny guy was standing in front of a log and I got the women churning butter right at the break of dawn.
My advice (for the lumberers) is to follow We or Wi or whatever because he does the most.
Another thing I got is to completely leave the area around them, quite a ways off the map. For some reason it re-loads whatever characters and resets them, most likely causing them to do something,

For any character, just stalk them in eagle vision until they are golden. Like I said, you can also try running until they are off the map to reload them, fast travel or just leave and re-enter the homestead all together. I don't think there are any more possible fixes.

I hope the devs fix this. This quest should be removed altogether, but the least they could do is fix it. Good luck to all stuck and I hope my fixes work for you.

The 3 things I got them doing were:
1. Loading the cart (afternoon, not every day)
2. W guy standing in front of a lifted long, probably supposed to be chopping it (mid-day, not everyday)
3. Women churning butter (morning, not everyday)

Thank you , Just like i said ...........Staying watching them constantly KEEPS them in a set loop .
Wandering off to other people or places causes a different reaction.
I've helped 27 people on PS3 get past this glitch & 2 people on here . You not included Admiral , Glad you figured it out though. .

I Just wasn't going to give any spoilers if people here didn't even have ALL the people on the homestead yet.

TreFacTor
11-27-2012, 01:02 AM
They only perform a limited number of tasks earlier on in the game - So knowing how far in the OP is in the game is an important factor.

If all you're doing is hanging around the lumber yard constantly just watching them - they usually do nothing the whole time (same with other homesteaders..
Have you tried visiting every other homestead member then going back to the lumberers. after seeing other groups..........I Have no idea i can't see your screen
Have you tried different times of the day - morning - afternoon ? ............I Have no idea i can't see your screen.
Have you tried looking for the lumberers while visiting a different homestead member - like at lance's place or Big dave the blacksmith ? .........

Again lack of detail tells me none of these things - & YOUR HUGE TEXT IN RED WAS EQUALLY UNWARRANTED.
duhh
yup
yup
yup (no progress is saved if you use the animus hacks and as soon as you turn them off your returned to the last autosave)
Yes...sadly because they're stuck in a loop, they never go anywhere other than the inn, the mill...

I've done all of what you suggested before ever coming to the forums as i'm certain most have...(sorry about replay memory remark I was mistaken not lying that was another thread and another member) and yes I did initially just hang around following them, fast travel does nothing, traveling to the frontier and returning does nothing (same as fast travel)...In closing because you aren't having this issue doesn't mean your better than anyone else and you don't have to talk down to those who are having this issue.

montagemik
11-27-2012, 01:08 AM
I HAD the same issue with the Farmers bud ,That's how i know the glitch can sometimes be worked around . I Had to scan 5 tasks for farmers before it properly popped the trophy despite completing the logbook with the first 3 tasks.

But i had no clue what you or Admiral had already tried DID I ???

Wall of red text a reasonable way of asking for help in the U.S is it ??
Hence the tone of my response to you .........Courtesy works both ways.

TreFacTor
11-27-2012, 01:20 AM
I HAD the same issue with the Farmers bud ,That's how i know the glitch can sometimes be worked around . I Had to scan 5 tasks for farmers before it properly popped the trophy despite completing the logbook with the first 3 tasks.

But i had no clue what you or Admiral had already tried DID I ???

Wall of red text a reasonable way of asking for help in the U.S is it ??
Hence the tone of my response to you .........Courtesy works both ways.

Terry and Godfrey the Lumberers (Te) & (Go) -
-Both men sawing wood back and forth with a large saw
-Chopping wood together
-Loading a wagon

These are the three tasks that need to be recorded...if 2 of the 3 are scanned how do you make them do the 3rd?

To the OP, using Eagle vision was a good suggestion (thought of that last week) but hmesteaders often perform some of the same tasks together so this isn't a good way to see what can or can't be scanned as a legitimate activity.

For instance: IGN
"Note: Although many of these activities are common and can be scanned for different individuals, once scanned for one, you are locked out for scanning on another; i.e I scanned Godfrey (with Terry) splitting logs and unloading the lumber cart.
In sequence 10, I found Big Dave performing both these tasks, but after attempting to scan, was informed that these activities had already been scanned.
Similarly, I scanned Lyle playing bowls, but when looking to get the final third scan for the lumberers catching Terry playing, was informed the activity had been scanned."

I think this is what gets them in a loop, once you have scanned an activity that counts as a single for both, it locks you out of one of the others because they are doing those activities together and the ones they do alone don't count...just my guess.

AdmiralCole
11-27-2012, 01:29 AM
@Tre Try walking away from them and back (not leaving the map, but there general area)
Terry was literally just walking in circles, then I left and came back and he was doing something I could record. Just try it.

TreFacTor
11-27-2012, 01:35 AM
@Tre Try walking away from them and back (not leaving the map, but there general area)
Terry was literally just walking in circles, then I left and came back and he was doing something I could record. Just try it.I can travel all the way to the Aquilla and back and it doesn't help. You can tell when activities have changed because you will be walking past the church and hear 3 different conversations going on with the pastor. ( I only ever hear three) that's an indication that they have started another series of activities....this conversation is also stuck in a loop ( the same three conversations everytime re-enter the vicinity)

thanks but I've done that already dozens of times even leaving to go play board games.

montagemik
11-27-2012, 01:35 AM
Lumberers full task list .

One of their wives making Butter
Playing Bowls
Reading a newspaper
Inspecting/ loading lumber.
Sawing a log.
Splitting a log.
Unloading a cart.
Sharpening their axe (at big daves)

TreFacTor
11-27-2012, 01:53 AM

Playing Bowls
Reading a newspaper
Sawing a log.
Splitting a log.
Unloading a cart.

How do I make them:

-make butter
-read a paper
-sharpen an axe at Dave's

If all they ever do is smoke, fish, defecate? Doesn't matter if I go to Boston and back, they are never performing the other tasks that will make this complete...so I ask again...how do I make them do those tasks?

montagemik
11-27-2012, 02:02 AM
You should ask someone else bud - I tried for nearly a full page to help - you preffered to get smart ............So go fix it Smart guy.

AdmiralCole
11-27-2012, 02:20 AM
@Tre Try just walking across the bridge (and a little ways).
This helped me a lot with them.
At one point, Terry just walked up and down the hill between the houses. When I crossed the bridge and walked until I couldn't see there icons and came back, Terry was cutting wood.
The next was in the morning. When they weren't spawning, I did the same and came back to the lady churning butter.
You'll just have to stalk and/or rinse and repeat. Hopefully the devs see this and fix it, as it is VERY annoying.

TreFacTor
11-27-2012, 02:39 PM
@Tre Try just walking across the bridge (and a little ways).
This helped me a lot with them.
At one point, Terry just walked up and down the hill between the houses. When I crossed the bridge and walked until I couldn't see there icons and came back, Terry was cutting wood.
The next was in the morning. When they weren't spawning, I did the same and came back to the lady churning butter.
You'll just have to stalk and/or rinse and repeat. Hopefully the devs see this and fix it, as it is VERY annoying.ive been doing this for about a week. Every time i walk past the church, i hear the same 3 conversations, and low and behold the Lumberers are doing the same exact activities...ones Ive already scanned, and ones that aren't valid activities. The homestead is in an endless loop.

montagemik
11-27-2012, 02:43 PM
You have 3 Game save slots ............There's an option you haven't tried.

TreFacTor
11-27-2012, 03:17 PM
You have 3 Game save slots ............There's an option you haven't tried.I've used two different saves, and am not inclined to play through the game 100% a third time just to have a trifecta .

AdmiralCole
11-27-2012, 05:52 PM
@Tre You'll just have to repeat it and stalk them.
It's the only way as of right now. We know it happens to multiple saves and my homestead was in a loop for a long, long time as well. That's why I got other characters while in between getting them, I was returning to the lumberers.
Sorry, but, it's your only option. Just repeat and stalk and hopefully the devs light a torch beneath the lumberers butts and they get working.

anik_lc
11-27-2012, 07:38 PM

Hahahaha.
You just killed me with that joke. :p

Portos247
11-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Funny about crafting the whip.

I agree it's very frustrating that a patch for this problem is announced and when the patch comes, nothing seems fixed except a graphical hood problem. I'm still stuck at 3/3 for the common man and not entry in the manor as well even after being patched. And to get help from support is becoming a joke.

psf22
11-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Such a random glitch, but I haven't had it once and they seem to do all the activities.

PS3

TreFacTor
11-28-2012, 06:14 AM
it just popped and none of you will guess how it happened....the wife finally churned the butter...see if you can guess what worked....and it took only 5 minutes SMFH

weird thing is that Building the Homestead/ encyclopedia of the common man still shows in the log book even though everything has been marked completed.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23481327.jpg

TreFacTor
11-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Since no one wanted to guess... I did what everyone said NOT to do. I corner leaned against the house in front of the butter churner and stared at the churner until the woman came up and started working it....it took five minutes and I couldn't believe it. After 2 weeks of trying everything under the sun...alll I did was stand in front of the churner and look at it, Can't believe it only took 5 minutes, she walked from cleaning the windows to the churner instead of walking to the porch.

montagemik
11-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Silly me - i forgot i asked which tasks had been scanned - I Thought i got some response like the tasks were irrelevant . BECAUSE IT WON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE.
1st task i listed too

Playing Bowls
Reading a newspaper
Sawing a log.
Splitting a log.
Unloading a cart.

MY BAD LOL.

TreFacTor
11-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Silly me - i forgot i asked which tasks had been scanned - I Thought i got some response like the tasks were irrelevant . BECAUSE IT WON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE.
MY BAD LOL.
You are silly because they wouldn't do anything else UNTIL I did what you said NOT to do.

Or did you forget this gem of a post and I never said tasks were irrelevant...why lie?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/729461-The-Lumber-people-won-t-work!?p=8736041&viewfull=1#post8736041

montagemik
11-28-2012, 02:17 PM
yes I did initially just hang around following them,

Clearly just hanging around for 2 weeks was the solution = Coming back at a different time period after leaving their area had zero to do with it

I Said JUST hanging around THE WHOLE TIME like you had been doing genius. - You didn't - you were only there a few minutes this time..
( the other 32 people i helped with this info & it worked within minutes - must've been a fluke LOL. )

WolfeUK
11-28-2012, 02:17 PM
i had this same problem, had like 20 hrs with them fishing all day, what worked for me was to do some homestead mission then it seemed to activate them working again, now my wood stocks are full

TreFacTor
11-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Clearly just hanging around for 2 weeks was the solution = Coming back at a different time period after leaving their area had zero to do with it
( the other 32 people i helped with this info & it worked within minutes - must've been a fluke LOL. )It had zero to do with it....I played something else, popped the game back in and went to the lumberers the same exact time of day as when I left and just hang around for 5 minutes staring at the butter churner...so while you may want to break your arm patting yourself on the back...your advice didn't work for me,,,I'm certain you got some really good gifts from those 32 others though....your a great humanitarian. my hat is off to you.

montagemik
11-28-2012, 02:29 PM
No kid i'll help anyone that asks for it without the tantrums - They also need to be prepared to actually listen too.

May have been quicker if you asked your mom .

montagemik
11-28-2012, 02:30 PM
i had this same problem, had like 20 hrs with them fishing all day, what worked for me was to do some homestead mission then it seemed to activate them working again, now my wood stocks are full

Yeah , i know varying what you do on the homestead or scanning EVERY task breaks the loops - But some people like to struggle on their way regardless. LOL.

TreFacTor
11-28-2012, 02:35 PM
No kid i'll help anyone that asks for it without the tantrums - They also need to be prepared to actually listen too.

May have been quicker if you asked your mom .
my mother is dead (died a last year thanks for the insult) and i'm a 40 year old man with 3 kids and a grand son...i didn't throw a tantrum...but say what you will ...your right, your always right...you will always be right.

montagemik
11-28-2012, 02:40 PM
my mother is dead (died a last year thanks for the insult) and i'm a 40 year old man with 3 kids and a grand son...i didn't throw a tantrum...but say what you will ...your right, your always right...you will always be right.

Possibly.

sqarlincarl
11-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Same thing just happend to me.I got so tired of running away then coming back running away coming back an insane number of times i was like ya know what i'm posting up on this roof above where this woman is suppose to churn butter and not moving till she does lol dead serious i had my two year old help me keep watch lol and finnaly she done it amazing.Now if i could just figure out the deal with these ****ed special iron ingots to finish making the weapons i'd be set to beat the game and yes already got the ones behind the stable.This AC is definitly more complex than the others and i love that they went all out on this one but the makers of the game knew it wasn't time to release it yet they probably had the **** marketers pushing for a set date to get there big bonuses on time.I would rather still have the excitment about knowing i'm getting it when it first comes out and it being just balls to the wall bad *** than getting it a month or so early and it having glitch after glitch and being let down....