PDA

View Full Version : The story to come in Assassin's Creed... [spoilers]

JackHasReturned
11-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Hey fellow Assassins and gamers!

If you are reading this thread, it will contain *MASSIVE SPOILERS* for most of (if not all) the Assassins Creed series. Also it will greatly help if you have already played all the main AC games and maybe AC: Liberation as well as being very familiar with the aspects of the AC Lore!

Now THIS is my theory on the plot for the next AC games, taken from everything put together that has been hinted at throughout the series which has yet to be explained. I will post youtube links to videos of relevant parts and cutscenes of the game to help explain what I am talking about. Thanks for reading by the way!

I call this theory the "Adam and Eve DNA Story Arcs". What do you mean by that you may ask? WELL the Adam DNA Story Arc has been the focus on Desmond (who is vaugely a decendant from Adam) from AC 1 through till 3 where the assassin ancestors have been messangers for the first civilisation to Desmond to help him on his path to save the world, sacrifice his life but in turn releasing Juno upon the world. Now AC4 or a prequel to AC3 will lead us towards a new protagonist in 2012 onwards who will kick start the Eve DNA Story Arc. Why Eve you ask? Well there have been three big hints to the element of Eve and her DNA in the series so far which have yet to be explained still. The first was in AC2 with "The Truth" video which revealed she was the one who first stole an apple from the First Civis and freed humanity which begun the war between the two (this was in turn contored through time until the modern day humans believed this event in history to be the religous "creationist" story from the bible). She managed to do this by the way because Adam and Eve were apparently half breeds between Human and First Civi so not only were they immune to the apples effects but they began the "assassin" blood which carried the Eagle Vision ability. The second reference to Eve was during Subject 16's hidden message in AC: Brotherhood where at one point during his conversation with Desmond he says "Eden... in Eden. Find Eve. The key... her DNA". So from this we can gather Eve's DNA is "The key". The third reference is the ending to AC: Liberations where the memory disc is played and a hologram of a human rebel group during the war between humans and first civis decide Eve will lead them to freedom in the war. SO from this what have we learnt kids? Eve saved humans the first time round, her DNA is the key and she is the leader the humans need AGAIN to save them from Juno.

So deeper down the rabbit hole we go! Now with the knowledge of Eve and her potential DNA being able to maybe save humanity from enslavement again we now need a new protagonist to help us find the information we need from Eve in her DNA/memories. So heres the second part of the theory. Once again in subject 16's message (AC:Brotherhood) later on after he mentions Eve we hear him say "The sun... your son". Now "the sun" CLEARLY means the sun ending the world with the solar flares but "your son" may mean Subject 16 knows something about Desmond having a son. HOW can he have a son you may ask? Well Desmond WAS a bartender at clubs for a long time, getting with beautiful women and being a party animal as referenced during his journey through his life memory fragments in Revelations, so it's not hard to believe he may have a son he doesn't know about which he may of concieved during his "free from the farm" years as a bartender. Now IF this is true, and of course from here it can only be speculated, the story could turn as such in the next game: The gang (Desmonds Dad, Rebecca and Shaun) have now run off and found a new place to hide and begin finding a way to fight Juno before she enslaves humanity (I can most likely guess she will try to obtain multiple apples from around the world to do so) whilst they research into any methods to stop Juno they may somehow come across Desmonds lost son. He may be young but he has the key to saving the world, so in a way his father has saved the world from the sun and now he must save it again from Juno. He goes into the animus and by this point (a few years AFTER AC3) they could have finally of upgraded the animus enough to go all the way back to the memories of humans in the first civilisation. This idea comes from the fact that during AC3 in one of Desmonds side chats with Shaun he mentions if they had enough power and tech they could go possibly go ALL the way back to this time period in the animus but of course they never could try this out with the animus... UNTIL NOW! So Des's son goes into the animus and through him they manage to unlock the memories on Eve back in first civi times and through her memories they find the key to stopping Juno. OR on the other hand they could continue to look through more ancestor memories that contain messages and clues from the "good" first civis such as Minerva or maybe Eve herself to help stop Juno. Potentially from this we could have more female assassins from now on since Liberations was a good intro into have a female assassin for once and it would make more sense as they would be more of the Eve side of things than Adam.

Thats all I can piece together for now and from what I've seen from all the cryptic messages and clues in the Assassins Creed series so far. This plot theory would cover most of the clues that have yet to answered in the series but if you wish to add anything, ask questions, poke holes or simply agree with what I have explained here then feel free and I will be happy to keep this discussion going. Would love to hear what others thought of this concept for the future games. I'd like to lastly thank Ubisoft for making such an indepth, well crafted and truely amazing video game franchise which will stay with me for many many years as it is a work of narrative and gameplay art! :D Thanks again for reading!

Assassin's Creed 3 Ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJn5tSpsMg
Assassin's Creed 2 "The Truth": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfA1Da8R2pU
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Subject 16 Message: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJzer4cT80

naran6142
11-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Now not too long ago i read a post where someone said ubi wasnt goin in the "desmonds son" direction so if thats sure it could poke a little hole in ur theory... just a little one :p

Now on the other hand when you point out the ending of AC:Liberation (i havent played it) it does show that ubi hasnt forgotten about eve so hopefully it will play a bigger role in the next game

JackHasReturned
11-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Ah ok they will either forget what Subject 16 said about "the son" then which wouldnt be right tbh cos thats just being lazy or it wont be EXACTLY Desmond's Son but something similar in context.

Mirakle190909
11-25-2012, 10:04 PM
I agree. It would be pretty lazy of them to just forget what S16 said about his 'son'. Remembering Desmond was an adult and a party animal before he was kidnapped. I'd say the next main person in the AC series would be an assassin who's come in to help fight Juno and the team somehow find out about Desmonds son and try to find him or they'll fast forward a bit and go straight to them finding his son and fighting Juno.

cmrggamer
11-26-2012, 12:24 AM
I think you have a pretty solid theory. I'm really hoping Ubi does more with the Eve storyline as well--I would really like to have a female assassin at some point!

Durakken
11-26-2012, 02:00 AM
i didn't read your whole first post because i don't want to spoil my story the rest of the way for me, but have you ever noticed that the characters call you Desmond regardless of what name you give yourself at the beginning and explanations like "the reason we haven't tried to get a mole into the templars is because they are either too good which gets them caught or too dumb which has them becoming tempalrs" it seems to me that Desmond isn't real and it is possible that we will continue to play the same character, but the person who he was will no longer exist, his sleeper programming done away with by his "death"

NetWalkerBR
11-26-2012, 05:40 PM
I think you have a solid theroy, but I believe that Abstergo will still take part on future games. Maybe they can join the assassins to fight Juno together? Or they will try to stay on Junoīs side, working for her? I donīt know, but surely UBI wonīt let Abstergo out of the next games on the franchise.

JackHasReturned
11-26-2012, 11:14 PM
i didn't read your whole first post because i don't want to spoil my story the rest of the way for me, but have you ever noticed that the characters call you Desmond regardless of what name you give yourself at the beginning and explanations like "the reason we haven't tried to get a mole into the templars is because they are either too good which gets them caught or too dumb which has them becoming tempalrs" it seems to me that Desmond isn't real and it is possible that we will continue to play the same character, but the person who he was will no longer exist, his sleeper programming done away with by his "death"

I'm sorry but that made no sense :S since when do we give Desmond a name of our own at the start of game? You're not getting this game mixed with Final Fantasy are you haha?

JackHasReturned
11-26-2012, 11:16 PM
That IS a good point to consider about the templars and assassins coming together to fight off Juno. BUT it could go either way in that element of the story, we will either have the templars and assassins joining forces or something like the templars realizing Juno whats the same kind of world they want and in turn JOINING her to help her take over the world maybe? It could go either way, the templars are slippery bastards but it'll be interesting to see either outcome!

avk111
11-27-2012, 03:11 AM
Speaking from the middleeast , NO MORE MONARCHIES please, get a new character from anywhere but enough going round the same family.