PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one who liked the ending?(spoilers)

hadarm18
11-25-2012, 07:16 PM
*SPOILER WARNING*

5 years i waited for it and im satisfied.I see almost everybody is saying that ending is crap.I for one disagree
Its not cliche and its not rainbow and roses happy ending
It is a well planed ending that leaves much room for future installments

Desmonds story is finaly finished and we get the contiunation of the series beacuse juno is now a large threat
I heard once that this ending was actualy written when AC1 was created
Brotherhood created some loose ends in the script cuz Ubi got greedy with the money making so thats why things like ACB truth doesnt fit in the ending

However there are still many questions that i hope will be anwered

P.S. i thinks minerva didint know what is juno planing when she was sending the message for desmond at the end of AC2 that he must find the temple and save the world

BlindInIce
11-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Nope, I liked it too. I thought the characters involved made realistic decisions for their perspective and circumstance. Not every game needs to have the hero magically fix everything then ride off with the token love interest into the sunset.

Felix-Vivo
11-25-2012, 07:40 PM
I liked it... as I said before, it made us rethink and question what we'd seen, think carefully about how much of it was actually true... Like an Assassin should :)

Baked_Cookies
11-25-2012, 07:41 PM
I liked it but I wasnt thrilled with the way they ended it, I just think a different outcome would have been better than his death like that.

montagemik
11-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Was happy with Connors ending - especially the Connor/ LEE drinking session.

But Desmond's Abstergo exploits were - underwhelming . His Final task however was on par with expectation though (Though we have no proof Desmond is completely finished / subj 16 ????) So there's room for redemption .

LightRey
11-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Was happy with Connors ending - especially the Connor/ LEE drinking session.

But Desmond's Abstergo exploits were - underwhelming . His Final task however was on par with expectation though (Though we have no proof Desmond is completely finished / subj 16 ????) So there's room for redemption .
Subject 16, both his physical body and his Animus copy, is dead and gone. This is confirmed lore. Get over it.

Chariflame
11-25-2012, 07:50 PM
I think the concept of the ending is good; the decision, and Juno being freed? I liked it.

However, it wasn't executed very well in my opinion.
There wasn't really any closure for Desmond and William/Shaun/Rebecca in the ending, let alone the other characters like Daniel and Vidic. People who don't particularly care for the moderns seem to be more okay with the ending than others, but people who have put so much investment into these characters only to get a few short playable sequences before they're all thrown aside? Seems like such a waste. :(

montagemik
11-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Subject 16, both his physical body and his Animus copy, is dead and gone. This is confirmed lore. Get over it.

Get over what ?
I was implying maybe Desmond is now within the 1st Civ Tech in the temple - similar to how Juno was & Subj 16 in AC-R .
I know the game story & lore , i completed each game 100% sync thanks - including all DLC .

But thanks for the unneccessary correction . :confused:

LightRey
11-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Get over what ?
I was implying maybe Desmond is now within the 1st Civ Tech in the temple - similar to how Juno was & Subj 16 in AC-R .
I know the game story & lore , i completed each game 100% sync thanks - including all DLC .

But thanks for the unneccessary correction . :confused:
Ah good. I thought you were implying Subject 16 was still alive inside Desmond after ACR. It was a ridiculous theory that keeps popping up sometimes and it bugs the hell out of me.

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 08:01 PM
I liked the ending in concept; Desmond's decision, Juno being free, TWCB now having a larger role, war of resistance against Juno etc etc etc. I wasn't bothered by the fact that Desmond died, or they decided to start a new plotline, or that they left unanswered questions. None at all.

But.. the execution should have been better, more cutscenes, show of emotion fro the characters, y'know, give him a proper send-off, like Ezio and Altair received. But then again, a part of me believes he didn't get his deserved send-off because he isn't done yet. (yes, I know he died, but a part of him may be alive like Sixteen) Also would have been better to explain things a little better. leaving questions is good, and as AC fans we have come to expect questions, but leaving too many question is not desirable either.

If this poll (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/724132-Spoiler-AC-3-Ending-Poll-Spoiler/page9) is to be believed, there are more people who hate the ending than those who love it. Most people are just about meh towards it, judging by the comments. ;)

LightRey
11-25-2012, 08:02 PM
I liked the ending in concept; Desmond's decision, Juno being free, TWCB now having a larger role, war of resistance against Juno etc etc etc. I wasn't bothered by the fact that Desmond died, or they decided to start a new plotline, or that they left unanswered questions. None at all.

But.. the execution should have been better, more cutscenes, show of emotion fro the characters, y'know, give him a proper send-off, like Ezio and Altair received. Aalso would have been better to explain things a little better. leaving questions is good, and as AC fans we have come to expect questions, but leaving too many question is not desirable either.

If this poll (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/724132-Spoiler-AC-3-Ending-Poll-Spoiler/page9) is to be believed, there are more people who hate the ending than those who love it. Most people are just about meh towards it, judging by the comments. ;)
Exactly.

Dangerzone50
11-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Ac3 had a simple job to do... give us the final chapter of a story that already had an anticipated climax... then deliver a fun unexpected final twist as the 4 previous installments had A very simple writing job that any experienced writer could easily pull off (having such a good brickwork and expectation for a specific ending)

it did neither... so imop, the ending is not *BAD* its just not *RIGHT* we were primed to see the final 2012 era battle between abstergo and the assassins, to see Desmond somehow stop the grand Templar plot to enslave the world... then move us into another "present day" story or time period. neither of the existing conflicts were was properly ended, resolved, or even climaxed... they were ret-coned and shark jumped away to bring us another story straight from a crap fan novel, and not a real AC story... as for the infamous "final twist" this game had none... the games conclusion was both consciously and subconsciously spoiled to the player several times by the game itself, and even by the dev team MONTHS before release... (that this game would be Desmonds end)

so there is a screenwriters proof the ending was irrelevant, improper, and worst of all... spoiled

DemonLordSparda
11-25-2012, 08:12 PM
So speculations and theories bug the hell out of you but you were fine with the ending?

Alright, let me tell you this. This game was supposed to wrap up Desmonds story, and it does so by killing him off so fast your head will spin. Through all of these games we had this story of how Desmond was being built up and trained via the bleeding effect. For what? The raid on Abstergo where he could have used the Apple the whole time? They just toss him aside like he is nothing. You want to talk about ridiculous theories? Let's talk about people saying Desmond may not be done yet, or that he may still be alive. They have said constantly that this is the end of Desmonds story, he's done, finished. Sure people might talk about him but he's certainly dead. With no words from either Rebecca or Shaun, and only a weak attempt by his dad to make Desmond not hit the eye.

This plot is wrapped so fast that it forgot it was supposed to be a TYPE of ending and not just the base point for a new villain, who is introduced a mere 3 minutes after Desmonds plot was supposed to wrap. I don't know why on Earth they had that Juno scene. The plot of this game and the suspense for the next game would have been better served if that was gone. Because now we know who we'll be fighting for the next who knows how many games, and the only thing we can talk about is how we'll do it. Granted it seems obvious Juno will be the next villain, but I think AC 4 would be so much more effective if the game started with the reveal of the new foe. That way it would be done with some time and care, not just thrown in there to sequel bait.

The fact is some people who care about the whole story of the series, not just the ancestors, wanted closure for Desmonds story and they got none. Then to make matters worse they just fling you into the next conflict with no looking back. I don't even want a different ending, I just want one that handles it better and takes it's time closing out Desmonds story.

ACfan443
11-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Ac3 had a simple job to do... give us the final chapter of a story that already had an anticipated climax... then deliver a fun unexpected final twist as the 4 previous installments had A very simple writing job that any experienced writer could easily pull off (having such a good brickwork and expectation for a specific ending)

it did neither... so imop, the ending is not *BAD* its just not *RIGHT* we were primed to see the final 2012 era battle between abstergo and the assassins, to see Desmond somehow stop the grand Templar plot to enslave the world... then move us into another "present day" story or time period. neither of the existing conflicts were was properly ended, resolved, or even climaxed... they were ret-coned and shark jumped away to bring us another story straight from a crap fan novel, and not a real AC story... as for the infamous "final twist" this game had none... the games conclusion was both consciously and subconsciously spoiled to the player several times by the game itself, and even by the dev team MONTHS before release... (that this game would be Desmonds end)

so there is a screenwriters proof the ending was irrelevant, improper, and worst of all... spoiled

Agreed. The whole modern day plot was underwhelming and lacking. There wasn't much wrong with ending in concept (Desmond dying, Juno being freed) but loose threads were still left hanging and there wasnt a sense of closure. Basically the execution was extremely poor, I sometimes wonder whether the people who make these creative decisions are actually competent.

montagemik
11-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Surely - No one actually believed this would Be the FINAL AC game ever did they , it was stated years ago Desmond would have a Trilogy plotline - But i never for a second expected that would be the end of the AC Saga.
A Story like AC is bigger than we'd ever be shown with just one main guys storyline - I'm happy i followed desmond's journey & hopeful for what's to come next .

I saw AC-2 & Brotherhood as 1 whole game , So big that it was purposefully split into two installments due to the size of the story itself & also to keep game interest alive while AC-3 was being developed - AC-2 / Brotherhood would've been a 2 disc on PS3 or 3-4 disc on X360 otherwise & would itself been longer in development if released as 1 whole chapter.

I'm currently expecting the Next AC installment to follow the same vain & to actually be AC3's Brotherhood in a way continuing Connors life - NOT AC-4 as an outright sequel.
AC-4 will come much later i suspect .

rocketxsurgeon
11-25-2012, 08:32 PM
I think the concept of the ending is good; the decision, and Juno being freed? I liked it.

However, it wasn't executed very well in my opinion.
There wasn't really any closure for Desmond and William/Shaun/Rebecca in the ending, let alone the other characters like Daniel and Vidic. People who don't particularly care for the moderns seem to be more okay with the ending than others, but people who have put so much investment into these characters only to get a few short playable sequences before they're all thrown aside? Seems like such a waste. :(

The fact is some people who care about the whole story of the series, not just the ancestors, wanted closure for Desmonds story and they got none. Then to make matters worse they just fling you into the next conflict with no looking back. I don't even want a different ending, I just want one that handles it better and takes it's time closing out Desmonds story.

I agree with both of you completely!

JCearlyyears
11-25-2012, 08:39 PM
It seemed like wasted potential. A several game/year build up, it all led up to this. It reminds me of a long knife. The handle, the blade, it all leads up to this tiny tip, and the tip cuts, it spares some, and after a while it gets dull. They had the end of the world to work with. In my opinion, it was almost completely lacking in depth and emotional impact. It left too much open. It really pissed me off. It slapped my face. I waited this long for an ending this extremely underwhelming. The team didn't even say goodbye. The most we got was from William, as little as it was. Desmond barely waited for them to leave. He told them to get as far away as they could, then about ten seconds later, he does it. ten seconds isn't a lot of time. To be fair, he didn't specify how far, he just said as far away as you can, but still, it isn't that far. They had tons of potential to do something satisfying, and I'm not asking for Desmond to live, that isn't my problem, even if his death pissed me off, it's that the ending was the worst in the series and didn't feel thought out. This is all my opinion, besides the factual stuff like the team not saying bye, and that he only waited approximately ten seconds, but you should be able to tell what is a fact or opinion.

DemonLordSparda
11-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Surely - No one actually believed this would Be the FINAL AC game ever did they , it was stated years ago Desmond would have a Trilogy plotline - But i never for a second expected that would be the end of the AC Saga.
A Story like AC is bigger than we'd ever be shown with just one main guys storyline - I'm happy i followed desmond's journey & hopeful for what's to come next .

I saw AC-2 & Brotherhood as 1 whole game , So big that it was purposefully split into two installments due to the size of the story itself & also to keep game interest alive while AC-3 was being developed - AC-2 / Brotherhood would've been a 2 disc on PS3 or 3-4 disc on X360 otherwise & would itself been longer in development if released as 1 whole chapter.

I'm currently expecting the Next AC installment to follow the same vain & to actually be AC3's Brotherhood in a way continuing Connors life - NOT AC-4 as an outright sequel.
AC-4 will come much later i suspect .

Wow you gave me whiplash. Ac 2/ Brotherhood would have been 3-4 discs on the Xbox 360 you say? Even though as separate games... they are 2 discs total. I can tell you really thought out your statement there. But see the fact of the matter is AC 2 was made and released then AC 3 went into production. However due to the popularity of Ezio and the series they decided to make Brotherhood in a year to continue the story. It was not purposefully split, and yet AC 2 had an ending, but it didn't introduce Cessare at the end. Brotherhood didn't show Masyaf under Templar control at the end to bait the next villain. Every single game before AC 3 actually had a form of ending closure, or kept the suspense of what happened until the next game. No one knew for sure Lucy was dead, or was a Templar until Revelations turned up.

In 3 though all we get is 2 major plotlines closed, but it doesn't feel like an actual ending because Juno just announces she's the next bad guy and walks off. So no I didn't expect AC 3 to be the final ending of the series, but I did expect a TYPE of ending. There was the Abstergo business, The Sun plot, and the death of Desmond to adress in this game, and all of those plots wrap up in about 10 minutes of total cutscene time, maybe less. It wasn't a type of ending, it was a setup for the next games. All that manages to do is undermine everything you have done because in the same game you save the world and doom it. Also don't even get me started on Cross, the guy they introduce and kill in the same game who doesn't even get a monologue death.

JackHasReturned
11-25-2012, 08:53 PM
You say the AC:B truth (which I assume you mean the Subject 16 message) was a loose end when actually it has the potential to explain what's gunna happen next in the AC series. I hate to toot my own horn but my thread wrote of the possible plot theory for the next game will help clear some things up for you, would greatly appreciate if you guys would have a look and tell me what you think.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/729407-The-story-to-come-in-Assassin-s-Creed

I enjoyed the ending, it WAS a bit rushed in the fact we could of had more drama between Desmond and the gang or more of a delayed decision, it wasn't like the characters had a few seconds before the world was destroyed, they still had some time. But how Desmond died and what actually happened was fair and the right way to go but the execution wasn't as fleshed out as it should have been. Overall I still enjoyed it and if my theory is correct I'm gunna enjoy it more still for whats to come! :D

montagemik
11-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Wow you gave me whiplash. Ac 2/ Brotherhood would have been 3-4 discs on the Xbox 360 you say? Even though as separate games... they are 2 discs total. I can tell you really thought out your statement there. But see the fact of the matter is AC 2 was made and released then AC 3 went into production. However due to the popularity of Ezio and the series they decided to make Brotherhood in a year to continue the story. It was not purposefully split, and yet AC 2 had an ending, but it didn't introduce Cessare at the end. Brotherhood didn't show Masyaf under Templar control at the end to bait the next villain. Every single game before AC 3 actually had a form of ending closure, or kept the suspense of what happened until the next game. No one knew for sure Lucy was dead, or was a Templar until Revelations turned up.

In 3 though all we get is 2 major plotlines closed, but it doesn't feel like an actual ending because Juno just announces she's the next bad guy and walks off. So no I didn't expect AC 3 to be the final ending of the series, but I did expect a TYPE of ending. There was the Abstergo business, The Sun plot, and the death of Desmond to adress in this game, and all of those plots wrap up in about 10 minutes of total cutscene time, maybe less. It wasn't a type of ending, it was a setup for the next games. All that manages to do is undermine everything you have done because in the same game you save the world and doom it. Also don't even get me started on Cross, the guy they introduce and kill in the same game who doesn't even get a monologue death.

Brotherhood was being made Before AC-2 was finished & launched .......well before Ezio's popularity was established .
That's why the AC-2 ending had no more than a brief limited visit to Rome for the conclusion - The rest of rome would be explored/shown in the next installment .
I explained why these chapters were staggered imo & stated this is how i saw them - NOT THAT IT WAS FACT ...........My apologies if mentioning disc limitations ruffled any feathers for ya .

TrueAssassin77
11-25-2012, 09:31 PM
hated it.

they turned desmond into a master assassin for what? they completely made AC2 obsolete since the whole point of it was to make desmond a super assassin

ACfan443
11-25-2012, 09:38 PM
hated it.

they turned desmond into a master assassin for what? they completely made AC2 obsolete since the whole point of it was to make desmond a super assassin

That's the thing. He wasn't even made into a master assassin, he did a few mediocre missions and that was it. The purpose of previous games was to build him up, and that's been rendered to waste.

montagemik
11-25-2012, 09:39 PM
You say the AC:B truth (which I assume you mean the Subject 16 message) was a loose end when actually it has the potential to explain what's gunna happen next in the AC series. I hate to toot my own horn but my thread wrote of the possible plot theory for the next game will help clear some things up for you, would greatly appreciate if you guys would have a look and tell me what you think.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/729407-The-story-to-come-in-Assassin-s-Creed

I enjoyed the ending, it WAS a bit rushed in the fact we could of had more drama between Desmond and the gang or more of a delayed decision, it wasn't like the characters had a few seconds before the world was destroyed, they still had some time. But how Desmond died and what actually happened was fair and the right way to go but the execution wasn't as fleshed out as it should have been. Overall I still enjoyed it and if my theory is correct I'm gunna enjoy it more still for whats to come! :D

I haven't read your theory on Desmond - But i'm suspecting 16 somehow left desmond with the ability to leave a digital ghost within the animus /or 1st civ tech- Hence Desmond's glowing arm at the end of his interaction .
We may never PLAY as Desmond again - so his Story is finished .......But i strongly doubt we've seen or heard the last from him .
He appears to be the re-incarnation of Juno's husband - So his genes are uniquely linked in some way with 1st Civ & animus technology i believe.
That explains why HE was the chosen one & only He could accomplish the tasks needed throughout the saga. ..........Just my own speculation on the subject.

Jexx21
11-25-2012, 09:41 PM
He's the reincarnation of Tinia? o.o

I would sooner think Desmond is the reincarnation of Adam.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Reincarnations? Why would that even be something in the AC universe? If that even existed why would they even care about death?

montagemik
11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
He's the reincarnation of Tinia? o.o

I would sooner think Desmond is the reincarnation of Adam.

Only seen vague images of Adam's face - Where as Tinia is almost a carbon copy of desmond on appearance - Adam came from manipulation of 1st civ & human DNA.
Every chance Juno , minerva , Tinia were the founders/donors towards these projects.
Desmond's DNA was specifically needed / selected for the task of releasing Juno . But why Only desmond - many others had the eagle abilities throughout history .
Yet Desmond is the one the messages & clues are consistently left for.

montagemik
11-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Reincarnations? Why would that even be something in the AC universe? If that even existed why would they even care about death?

Wasn't talking reincarnation spiritually - more genetically .
It's seems only Desmond's DNA could free juno for some reason - Watch the tinia flashbacks again - He's almost identical.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Wasn't talking reincarnation spiritually - more genetically .
It's seems only Desmond's DNA could free juno for some reason - Watch the tinia flashbacks again - He's almost identical.
I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense. TWCB were a different species. They had a different physiology.

TrueAssassin77
11-25-2012, 10:06 PM
That's the thing. He wasn't even made into a master assassin, he did a few mediocre missions and that was it. The purpose of previous games was to build him up, and that's been rendered to waste.

they kept saying that he was becoming a master assassin to fight against templars... in the end he never lived up to his inheritanceas an Assassin. He never even felt like an assassin while playing as him. just a guy with the skills of an assassin. he never became his own man. he was a tool. Templars used him. the Assassins used him. Juno used him. he never made his own choices, and the choices he did make were downplayed. he killed alex cross and the scientist. shaun and his dad completely downplayed those feats. desmond was simply a hero that never lived up to what he was suppose to be.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:08 PM
"If you`v liked the ending then you`re a Moron" -Some member here..

You have to hate the ending to be considered smart

montagemik
11-25-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense. TWCB were a different species. They had a different physiology.

The eagle ability isn't exactly a standard trait of human physiology - or we'd all be doing it.
Tinia looks exactly like Desmond ......go take a look & put it down to pure coincidence between 2 totally different species then. whatever works best for you.

I can only speculate & piece together what the devs show me in the games - Whatever tangent or retcon they want to throw out at a later date is down to them.

Cactiii
11-25-2012, 10:22 PM
The ending for both characters was too underwhelming. The Desmond ending felt too ambiguous and rushed- I was expecting to actually make a choice, myself, and end the whole modern segment- either choose to become a sort of god like Minerva said, or save the world as Juno wanted- it felt like I was going to get a choice, but I didn't. I personally always hated the whole First Civilization part of the plot, I feel it would have been better to just have the pieces of Eden and never reveal where they came from- vague hints, but never actually showing their source. The conflict with Abstergo was much more believable and immersive than the conflict which only really appears in the last 3 minutes of the game.

hadarm18
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Regarding the following:
Desmond was trained to be master assassin and to stop templars but since he died all that training with Ezio is layed to waste

Nobody new in AC2 that Desmond is gonna have to sacrifice his life to save the world
Not us and not the characters in game obviously

i think that main problem with the ending for some ppl might be that the cutscenes just werent immersive enough
I might agree on this part however im still happy with the ending

LightRey
11-25-2012, 11:07 PM
The eagle ability isn't exactly a standard trait of human physiology - or we'd all be doing it.
Tinia looks exactly like Desmond ......go take a look & put it down to pure coincidence between 2 totally different species then. whatever works best for you.

I can only speculate & piece together what the devs show me in the games - Whatever tangent or retcon they want to throw out at a later date is down to them.
Yeah, but that's not the only thing. It's not like TWCB = humans + Eagle Vision. Read the encyclopedia. They were physiologically different from us, a different build, different size heads, etc.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 04:03 AM
Yeah, but that's not the only thing. It's not like TWCB = humans + Eagle Vision. Read the encyclopedia. They were physiologically different from us, a different build, different size heads, etc.

Juno selected Desmond & only Desmond - Desmond is identical to Tinia, - The spark desmond carried was more than just his eagle/ hybrid geneology ,
it was something more closely related to juno or tinia in my opinion.

Layytez
11-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Hold on a second. When Juno was freed how exactly did that happen ? Where is her body ? Or is she released in the form of a ghost ? I never did understand that. Maybe her body is hooked up to a machine to reserve her mind ? She did mention something wrong about releasing one's consciousness from the vessel ? Maybe the wrong thing is cause of Desmondss death. Or maybe the Eye just did some calculations to existence and literally just made things happen with a cause and effect.

LightRey
11-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Juno selected Desmond & only Desmond - Desmond is identical to Tinia, - The spark desmond carried was more than just his eagle/ hybrid geneology ,
it was something more closely related to juno or tinia in my opinion.
First of all, Juno wasn't the one who "selected" Desmond, Minerva was and that is only because he has the right genes. He has an unusually large amount of TWCB DNA, which is why he's able to use the apple with such ease and it's why only he's able to use The Eye.

All that stuff about Tinia is a bunch of speculation on your end.

ace3001
11-26-2012, 12:22 PM
It isn't "crap". It's just too underwhelming. It's all in how they delivered the ending to us. They could've put some more work into it. I mean, not even a few goodbyes to Desmond? It felt dull and lacked emotion.

pirate1802
11-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Soo.. seeing most people's replies, it seems they don't hate the ending per se, or the concept of it; but the way in which it was delivered to us (devoid of emotion, lack of explanation etc).. amirite?

ace3001
11-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Soo.. seeing most people's replies, it seems they don't hate the ending per se, or the concept of it; but the way in which it was delivered to us (devoid of emotion, lack of explanation etc).. amirite?

At least that's how it is for me. It felt like the devs didn't put much of an effort into it.

TrueAssassin77
11-26-2012, 04:57 PM
put more effort in haythams part(the prolouge) than the ending................. you guys know its true

Elegana
11-26-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm neutral on Desmond's ending, but loved Connor's ending.

ace3001
11-26-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm neutral on Desmond's ending, but loved Connor's ending.By the "ending", people are mainly referring to Desmond's ending. Yes, Connor's ending was pretty good.

put more effort in haythams part(the prolouge) than the ending................. you guys know its trueHaytham's part was very well done, in my opinion.

pirate1802
11-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Haytham's part was very well done, in my opinion.

Indeed.

NyxCrab
11-26-2012, 08:48 PM
The idea of it was good, with Desmond performing the ultimate sacrifice, but the execution of it wasn't as good as it could've been.

TrueAssassin77
11-26-2012, 08:52 PM
By the "ending", people are mainly referring to Desmond's ending. Yes, Connor's ending was pretty good.

Haytham's part was very well done, in my opinion.

Indeed.

that what i said tho... notice how the prolouge is very good and long while the ending is almost the exact opposite

FrankieSatt
11-27-2012, 12:57 AM
In my opinion the ending of ACIII is the worst I've seen in a video game. I can't imagine they couldn't come up with something else. I'm sure the forum members here could have come up with something better.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 01:29 AM
that what i said tho... notice how the prolouge is very good and long while the ending is almost the exact oppositeOh, sorry, I misread.

Shingram
11-27-2012, 01:39 AM
Nope, I liked it too. I thought the characters involved made realistic decisions for their perspective and circumstance. Not every game needs to have the hero magically fix everything then ride off with the token love interest into the sunset.

Thats just flat out incorrect they dont do anything rational or logical in fact they do nothing at all. There's no closure or payoff here because the writers were too lazy to craft a satisfying ending. It's funny how many people associate satisfying with happy and ignorantly think that everyone who complains about the ending wants a happy ending. Then everyone mentions for the millionth time how they're fine with desmond dying but hate the presentation/execution of the ending.

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 03:15 AM
that what i said tho... notice how the prolouge is very good and long while the ending is almost the exact opposite

That's sadly true :|

agentpoop
11-27-2012, 04:13 AM
*SPOILER WARNING*

5 years i waited for it and im satisfied.I see almost everybody is saying that ending is crap.I for one disagree
Its not cliche and its not rainbow and roses happy ending
It is a well planed ending that leaves much room for future installments

Desmonds story is finaly finished and we get the contiunation of the series beacuse juno is now a large threat
I heard once that this ending was actualy written when AC1 was created
Brotherhood created some loose ends in the script cuz Ubi got greedy with the money making so thats why things like ACB truth doesnt fit in the ending

However there are still many questions that i hope will be anwered

P.S. i thinks minerva didint know what is juno planing when she was sending the message for desmond at the end of AC2 that he must find the temple and save the world

Desmond finally over/ you act as though thats a good thing

if it was really written during AC1 that makes this even more ****ing considering all the plot holes and terrible presentation

And ACB didn't make loose ends as much as AC3 didn't respond to the plot previous games set up

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 04:18 AM
Desmond finally over/ you act as though thats a good thing

if it was really written during AC1 that makes this even more ****ing considering all the plot holes and terrible presentation

And ACB didn't make loose ends as much as AC3 didn't respond to the plot previous games set up

True that, they simply neglected what has happen in ACB, the glyphs and truth videos and they actually think that the fans will forget those details. Is not the fact that Desmond died at the end. Is the fact that there are loose ends and questions that were PROMISED by the dev team to be answered in ACR and ACB but were never answered.

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 04:33 AM
ACB for the win

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 04:35 AM
I had no problem with the Ending..

Just how it was presented...Actually a whole lot of things in the present were poorly executed..

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 04:36 AM
they'd rather do a 5 hour prolouge......

now we get a 5 min ending

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Is it just me, of the present-day character's faces were not as well animated as the ancestors? I mean Haytham, Connor, Achilles, all of their faces and lip syncs were excellent It seemed as it a real person was talking. But come present-day, their faces seemed.. well, videogamey. Anybody understand what I'm saying?

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 05:27 AM
they'd rather do a 5 hour prolouge......

now we get a 5 min ending

I thought Haytham's parts were excellent. Its a shame they didn't do the same with the ending. Also I think the prologue was as long as it was, because they wanted to prepare us for the future games maybe? *cough*playingastemplars*cough*. It showed the Templars are not as bloodthirsty animals (well, not all of them atleast) as we thought. I think it was important for this story and the future of the series. A shorter prologue would not have sufficed.

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 05:30 AM
soooooo, the ship part was needed?
the carraige part was needed?
the chasing connors mom part couldn't be shorten?
The theatre part could not be shortened? the ability to run maybe?

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 05:32 AM
I enjoyed all of those..

If they`re going to do a Prologue, it better be well done..

Shame I cannot say the same for the ending, though...and I believe that is the point of conflict

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 05:34 AM
id rather have a conclusive and non-rushed ending than a 5 hour "enjoyable to most" prolouge.

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 05:39 AM

Glad that you mentioned the ship part. It was one of my favourite sequences in AC3 till now. The ship, carriage, connor's mom, theatre were all important to flesh out Haytham's character. To show he isn't a monster. Without them, you have husk walking around. Look it is all subjective. You don't like the, I do. And there's no proof cutting these parts would have made the ending, or other parts better. They could have just diverted the resources elsewhere.

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 05:39 AM
I enjoyed all of those..

If they`re going to do a Prologue, it better be well done..

Shame I cannot say the same for the ending, though...and I believe that is the point of conflict

Totally agree, is the fact that people are pissed about how small the modern story is in comparison to the rest of the game. And the lack of attention to detail. Is not a problem that is 5 hours long but I can see why TrueAssassin77 is not enjoying the prologue. If they are working with tight schedules and they wanted to wrap up Desmond's story so everyone is satisfied then focus on the modern story. Personally, I wouldn't want the prologue to be taken out, is just that the effort is done on the other parts.....not very pleased.

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 05:44 AM
i actually like haytham as a character. he reminds me of ezio. since the devs made him out to be "Our evil james bond" and ezio to me was always "the italian james bond"

but after knowing what they did to the ending... the prolouge started to piss me off ALOT

cmrggamer
11-27-2012, 05:31 PM
As a lot of people have said, I liked the concept of the ending (it makes sense how they handled it, considering they want to continue the series) and I think Juno being released is going to make the modern story more interesting, but I also felt like it just wasn't executed as well as it could have been. We've been building up to this point for so long, and it was over so fast. I wanted a little more time in the present, without cutting anything out from the historical parts of the story or Haytham's prologue. I kind of wish they could have made the present more tense...I kind of kept forgetting that we were working against the clock--the apocalypse, since they were basically underground the whole time.
Sometimes I wonder if they should have somehow made this into two games, just because so much of the story feels rushed to me--maybe they wouldn't have had to cut as much out as well, if they had. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have liked that, though.

@pirate1802: I definitely agree with the modern day characters looking a little too videogamey...I felt like they spent more time on the facial expressions of the historical characters than the present days ones, even though they should have been pretty anxious. Their expressions just seemed so blank most of the time.

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 06:06 PM
@pirate1802: I definitely agree with the modern day characters looking a little too videogamey...I felt like they spent more time on the facial expressions of the historical characters than the present days ones, even though they should have been pretty anxious. Their expressions just seemed so blank most of the time.

The present-day facial animations seemed, like how all (past and present) facial animations have been in previous ACs. remember the horrid animation of old Ezio's face in ACR? This time around, the facial animations of the ancestral part seem incredible, almost lifelike.. while the modern-day parts look same as before. Seems like they applied a new technique, but didn't apply it to the whole game.

cmrggamer
11-28-2012, 02:57 AM
The present-day facial animations seemed, like how all (past and present) facial animations have been in previous ACs. remember the horrid animation of old Ezio's face in ACR? This time around, the facial animations of the ancestral part seem incredible, almost lifelike.. while the modern-day parts look same as before. Seems like they applied a new technique, but didn't apply it to the whole game.

Yes, I know what you mean. It looked like the animators were tweaking the face instead of doing mocap, because it just doesn't come off as natural. In the scene where William punches Desmond in the face, Desmond and Rebecca have the strangest absent almost-smiles on their faces as she holds his arm. Then when you watch the scene when Connor and Haytham meet there's all these little movements that really make their expressions seem real. I'm so glad they at least did good expressions for the majority of the game, but Desmond is such an important character that it would have been nice if they could have given the amount of attention to detail.
Also, did anyone else think Rebecca looked...strange? haha

pirate1802
11-28-2012, 03:29 AM
Yes, I know what you mean. It looked like the animators were tweaking the face instead of doing mocap, because it just doesn't come off as natural. In the scene where William punches Desmond in the face, Desmond and Rebecca have the strangest absent almost-smiles on their faces as she holds his arm. Then when you watch the scene when Connor and Haytham meet there's all these little movements that really make their expressions seem real. I'm so glad they at least did good expressions for the majority of the game, but Desmond is such an important character that it would have been nice if they could have given the amount of attention to detail.
Also, did anyone else think Rebecca looked...strange? haha

Yes exactly, that William-punches-Desmond scene was the point where I realized it. William's face looked so expressionless. Opportunity lost.

And about Rebecca, she suddenly grew 10 years younger, and hotter. Atleast for me anyway xD

cmrggamer
11-28-2012, 05:01 AM
Yes exactly, that William-punches-Desmond scene was the point where I realized it. William's face looked so expressionless. Opportunity lost.

And about Rebecca, she suddenly grew 10 years younger, and hotter. Atleast for me anyway xD

I agree that it was an opportunity lost. The more I think about it, the reason I think when animators make the expressions on the faces of the characters it looks too exaggerated because there's never any body language. With body language, you need less obvious facial expressions, if that makes sense.

Haha, she definitely looked better but it just threw me off a little. I also felt like William's head was a little small for his body--I'm not trying to complain about everything, it just something that I noticed. XD

Also, about the end: did anyone have that conversation between William and Desmond about saying hello to his mother? I was kind of hoping for Desmond to say something about her before he ushered them all out of the room after he made his decision. And I know some people have been talking about wanting to make a decision for Desmond, but this has never been the case in AC games, but I half-expected Ubi to pull the "press any button" like they did with Connor in the important scenes (the pressing x) so that maybe the player could have that lingering doubt before sealing Desmond's fate. I think that could have made it feel a little less rushed. Just a little bit.

montagemik
11-28-2012, 05:47 AM
Did anybody notice the slightest resemblance between Rebecca & Connors mother - Or anyone ever wonder how / why Rebecca seems to have an uncanny almost self taught natural ability to understand the ANIMUS tech .
We were told Desmond will walk through the gates with HER ..............Is rebecca somehow connected to the mysterious EVE / HER .
Could she be of the same bloodline from some point in the past unknown to any of the group as of yet.

TUNE IN NEXT YEAR - SAME SERIES - SAME CONSOLE . LOL (seriously , i think rebecca has some importance other than tech support)

Durakken
11-28-2012, 07:15 AM
id rather have a conclusive and non-rushed ending than a 5 hour "enjoyable to most" prolouge.

I'd rather have a bad game with good fans that are sensible than a good game with fans that complain about getting exactly what they were told they were going to get and were repeatedly given previously.

As to the idea that there are plot holes... No. Plot holes are things that don't work, even when explained, and have no explanation available that does make sense. It is not just them raising a question and then not answering it. I have yet to hear anyone bring up a plot hole that hasn't been or couldn't be adequately explained later. I've heard lots of people making assumptions, taking them as fact about the game's story, and then claiming that when the games contradict those assumptions it is a plot hole, but those are not plot holes.

pirate1802
11-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Also, about the end: did anyone have that conversation between William and Desmond about saying hello to his mother? I was kind of hoping for Desmond to say something about her before he ushered them all out of the room after he made his decision. And I know some people have been talking about wanting to make a decision for Desmond, but this has never been the case in AC games, but I half-expected Ubi to pull the "press any button" like they did with Connor in the important scenes (the pressing x) so that maybe the player could have that lingering doubt before sealing Desmond's fate. I think that could have made it feel a little less rushed. Just a little bit.

Yeah if I was the creative director I'd have given the player a choice at the end. I know AC isn't about choices, but it doesn't hurt right? Give 'em a choice and then pick a canon (and sensible) choice and continue the story! No harm done. That's how a majority of games that have multiple endings (and no savegame transfer) continue their story anyways.

cmrggamer
11-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Yeah if I was the creative director I'd have given the player a choice at the end. I know AC isn't about choices, but it doesn't hurt right? Give 'em a choice and then pick a canon (and sensible) choice and continue the story! No harm done. That's how a majority of games that have multiple endings (and no savegame transfer) continue their story anyways.

I mean, I understand them wanting one ending, because AC can get a little complicated with everything it has going on outside of the games (books, videos, etc.) but I just would have liked a few moments of realizing what exactly was at stake. A few minutes for him to just contemplate his decision. And some real reactions from the gang would have been nice as well.

Durakken
11-28-2012, 07:42 PM
It's a story. You are an actor, not a writer, in that story. Your job is to follow the script. Sometimes you get your chance to improvise, but the important parts may not be.

Further I don't see the point of an "option". They told you the other ending. Even if they allowed you to take it it would be empty because there would be no way to continue that story.