PDA

View Full Version : AC3 = Frustrating

dmkp90
11-25-2012, 06:17 PM
I loved AC1 and 2 (and it's other bits after 2).

But AC3 has just frustrated the hell out of me. Why have they made it so you cannot decide when you wish to tackle someone and shove them away, then put in a stupid chase scene and make it a requirement that you don't knock anyone or tackle them and have the guards randomly chasing you as well when you didn't do anything to offend them?
Also.. free running now means just holding the "active mode" button and moving in a direction and it does all the work for you? That's boring.
I have just broken my XBOX controller out of frustration from this game.

Please please just put the control set back to how it was in AC2! Can you not release a patch or something that can switch between the "new" way of controlling it and the original way?

ace3001
11-25-2012, 06:23 PM
The new control scheme does leave a lot to be desired as far as free running is concerned. Feels like the control we had over the Assassin is reduced. I've run into a lot of places where I couldn't drop down from something cause Connor jumps to something else that is ahead instead of dropping. (I mean not hang and drop, but just jump down like when you let go of the legs button and just use the high profile button in previous AC games.)

However, it is not as bad as you claim. AC's free running was always pretty much automatic. Avoid tackling simply by avoiding running into people.

rocketxsurgeon
11-25-2012, 06:27 PM
To be honest, i don't find it frustrating. At some points (especially during the Charles Lee chase) i found movement to be very difficult.

However when you don't have pressure on you and you're free running, i find movement to be fine. Unless you're speaking of horses- they're movement is somewhat an annoyance.

Baked_Cookies
11-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Dude please save posts like this for the other 100 threads about frustrated AC players. Im tired of refreshing this page and seeing nothing but people piss and moan about nothing

montagemik
11-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Dude please save posts like this for the other 100 threads about frustrated AC players. Im tired of refreshing this page and seeing nothing but people piss and moan about nothing

Just hold O to skip . :o

BlindInIce
11-25-2012, 07:32 PM
...I couldn't drop down from something cause Connor jumps to something else that is ahead instead of dropping. (I mean not hang and drop, but just jump down like when you let go of the legs button and just use the high profile button in previous AC games.)

I found this annoying at first too, but then I found out that fast-walking toward the edge of a building does this now.

As for OP, sorry but I disagree about reverting the controls to AC2 style. Frankly I find it a bit odd how people seem to want the same game released over and over again.

Dangerzone50
11-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Is now an ok time to pop in and say that Connor will not shove anyone if you let go of the R1 button as you pass a crowd?

and the free-run controls have always sucked in the Ac games as far as i am concerned, the new control scheme does the exact same crap that the old one did (I.E. running up random walls, going the wrong way, or just plain not wanting to hop down off of things like tables, fences, or ledges... except now Connor will actually get stuck in weird places and not want to jump in any direction at all!)

ace3001
11-26-2012, 02:00 AM
I found this annoying at first too, but then I found out that fast-walking toward the edge of a building does this now.Ah, I was unaware of that. Thanks!

As for OP, sorry but I disagree about reverting the controls to AC2 style. Frankly I find it a bit odd how people seem to want the same game released over and over again.
Same controls does not mean same game content at all. Changing controls just for the sake of change is a really stupid move.

zhengyingli
11-26-2012, 02:46 AM
I found this annoying at first too, but then I found out that fast-walking toward the edge of a building does this now.

I figured that you shouldn't always hold certain buttons for every type of jumps. I cannot imagine using the old control scheme while tree running, as natural shapes would have Connor mistakenly jumping off branches at every slight turn.

AmnOkk
11-26-2012, 02:05 PM
I totally agree with the first poster. The controls are REALLY BAD in comparison to AC2, Brotherhood and even Revelations. Combat system is almost impossible to use the way it should be. Please bring back the controls as they were...

kriegerdesgottes
11-26-2012, 03:07 PM
I have to agree that I'm not a huge fan of the new controls. I like the combat but I'd like to have the old controls back as far as navigation goes.

MasterAssasin84
11-26-2012, 03:11 PM
The system in this game is certainly a massive improvement from the previous games , i love the chase scenes especialy when the guards are on you.

There a number of ways you can loose them and ive said this in previous threads that when you approach a guards whilst running tap b if your on xbox and Connor will flip past them .

ace3001
11-26-2012, 04:02 PM

As for OP, sorry but I disagree about reverting the controls to AC2 style. Frankly I find it a bit odd how people seem to want the same game released over and over again.Sadly, fast walk doesn't do the trick for me. Connor just looks down over the edge, just like Ezio did in the previous games.

I figured that you shouldn't always hold certain buttons for every type of jumps. I cannot imagine using the old control scheme while tree running, as natural shapes would have Connor mistakenly jumping off branches at every slight turn.But the high profile + walk in the current control scheme does the exact same thing as high profile + legs + walk in the old control scheme. Only, the old control scheme gave us more control over the navigation.

UncappedWheel82
11-26-2012, 04:19 PM
AC3's controls are SO much better than previous games. Though they streamlined a lot, NOT having to press A to jump, and thus not falling to you doom, or just being able to hold the trigger so you can run through crowds is just better. I hated tripping and jumping from a roof when I wasn't trying too.

Also the combat is so much improved. They made it way more accessable and cinematic, thus cooler and more fun. Quickly being able to take out 10 guys and move on, vs taking on those 10 guys and it taking forever, was very nice.

kriegerdesgottes
11-26-2012, 04:24 PM
AC3's controls are SO much better than previous games. Though they streamlined a lot, NOT having to press A to jump, and thus not falling to you doom, or just being able to hold the trigger so you can run through crowds is just better. I hated tripping and jumping from a roof when I wasn't trying too.

Also the combat is so much improved. They made it way more accessable and cinematic, thus cooler and more fun. Quickly being able to take out 10 guys and move on, vs taking on those 10 guys and it taking forever, was very nice.

I have to disagree with the navigation part at least. I felt like I had way more control over the character when I used the X button to speed him up or jump. Now everything is just dumbed down to where he just attempts to do everything by holding one button. The climbing is no longer fun because he just scales a building without me having to do anything and half the time he gets stuck while jumping or trying to climb on something.

I do agree that the combat is better though. I wasn't loving it at first but it's grown on me and I enjoy it a lot now.

ace3001
11-26-2012, 04:57 PM
<p>

I have to disagree with the navigation part at least. I felt like I had way more control over the character when I used the X button to speed him up or jump. Now everything is just dumbed down to where he just attempts to do everything by holding one button.My thoughts exactly. The three actions setup gave much more control over free running.</p>

UncappedWheel82
11-26-2012, 05:11 PM
I have to disagree with the navigation part at least. I felt like I had way more control over the character when I used the X button to speed him up or jump. Now everything is just dumbed down to where he just attempts to do everything by holding one button. The climbing is no longer fun because he just scales a building without me having to do anything and half the time he gets stuck while jumping or trying to climb on something.

I do agree that the combat is better though. I wasn't loving it at first but it's grown on me and I enjoy it a lot now.

Having gone back and played AC2 from start to finish after beating AC3, I would agree with the "feeling of more control" part of the past games, but having lept to my demise multiple times during AC2 (and Bro then Rev) even while knowing exactly what I needed to do, and me having to press the button to do it, not having that not happen in AC3 makes up for that "lack of feeling of control", to me at least. While I was playing AC3 I really got a hint of Zelda where the character was jumping automatically but I was still in control of the direction and everything else. May in the next installment they can add an option between the 2.

Besides climbing though, just general movement in AC3 was all around better. To those who think the controls are better in AC2 or Bro or Rev, I'd suggest going back and playing them and actually feeling the difference. Conner moved with more fluidity and speed than his predecessors especially since you could run into people and not stumble, that coupled with the fact that you rarely (if ever) jumped to the ground when you didn't want to when being chased. There were a few things that the earlier games did that AC3 didn't that I missed, such as showing hide-spots on the map, or the color change to the character when you were hiding, but overall I'd never go back.

psf22
11-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Having gone back and played AC2 from start to finish after beating AC3, I would agree with the "feeling of more control" part of the past games, but having lept to my demise multiple times during AC2 (and Bro then Rev) even while knowing exactly what I needed to do, and me having to press the button to do it, not having that not happen in AC3 makes up for that "lack of feeling of control", to me at least. While I was playing AC3 I really got a hint of Zelda where the character was jumping automatically but I was still in control of the direction and everything else. May in the next installment they can add an option between the 2.

Besides climbing though, just general movement in AC3 was all around better. To those who think the controls are better in AC2 or Bro or Rev, I'd suggest going back and playing them and actually feeling the difference. Conner moved with more fluidity and speed than his predecessors especially since you could run into people and not stumble, that coupled with the fact that you rarely (if ever) jumped to the ground when you didn't want to when being chased. There were a few things that the earlier games did that AC3 didn't that I missed, such as showing hide-spots on the map, or the color change to the character when you were hiding, but overall I'd never go back.

Agreed. It's smoother, faster and overall easier to free run. AC2 free-run feels so dated and a lot less fluid after replaying it, it's still good though.

I'm having no problems either on my end.

ace3001
11-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Besides climbing though, just general movement in AC3 was all around better. To those who think the controls are better in AC2 or Bro or Rev, I'd suggest going back and playing them and actually feeling the difference. Conner moved with more fluidity and speed than his predecessors especially since you could run into people and not stumble, that coupled with the fact that you rarely (if ever) jumped to the ground when you didn't want to when being chased. There were a few things that the earlier games did that AC3 didn't that I missed, such as showing hide-spots on the map, or the color change to the character when you were hiding, but overall I'd never go back.That is because AC1 and AC2 trilogy's controls weren't so dumbed down. It expected some kind of input from the player rather than doing everything automatically. AC III takes dumbing down to the next level by even pushing and shoving people automatically, whereas the previous games expected us to do it manually. If you're just looking for easy free running with no effort, AC III is there. There again, you sometimes are unable to swiftly jump down to lower elevations thanks to the lack of a slower sprint speed. And WHERE THE HELL IS LEDGE GRAB??

kriegerdesgottes
11-26-2012, 05:55 PM
That is because AC1 and AC2 trilogy's controls weren't so dumbed down. It expected some kind of input from the player rather than doing everything automatically. AC III takes dumbing down to the next level by even pushing and shoving people automatically, whereas the previous games expected us to do it manually. If you're just looking for easy free running with no effort, AC III is there. There again, you sometimes are unable to swiftly jump down to lower elevations thanks to the lack of a slower sprint speed. And WHERE THE HELL IS LEDGE GRAB??

Agreed. I liked having to think about how to climb up a building and become extremely skilled at free-running as opposed to the game just doing everything for me and I would say I fall off of things (especially trees) much more frequently now than I ever did before. I never fell off the things on accident in the previous games because I played them religiously and I was really good at it and now all that skill and necessity to use my brain while parkouring/climbing is gone.

ProdiGurl
11-26-2012, 07:01 PM
The new control scheme does leave a lot to be desired as far as free running is concerned. Feels like the control we had over the Assassin is reduced.

And all I can say is thank God for that. Who wants to micro manage every single movement he makes in a long game?
Sorry but my fingers got sore - at one point in ACB I had to take a 2 day break from playing becuz my fingers were too worn out lol.

I know.... & I'm sure you'd find alot of complaints to change things back then that they disliked. People demand new changes & then when it happens, want things the way they were.
Either way Devs go, they get criticism. but this happens with most popular series from what I'm seeing.

I totally agree with the first poster. The controls are REALLY BAD in comparison to AC2, Brotherhood and even Revelations. Combat system is almost impossible to use the way it should be. Please bring back the controls as they were...

Please NO. Combat is 100 x's better where you actually have to think & do more than drink magic potions & button mash. I loved them but this ups the challenge a little more.
I think it would be bad to revert back to the old way once we've had to learn new controls too. & they had changed Eagle vision/sense I think in ACR from previous games.
Sometimes we need to just get used to new things - they become familiar and likeable.

yep

ace3001
11-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Who wants to micro manage every single movement he makes in a long game?Those who want to do something in the game rather than having the game do it for them, that's who.

You're right about the combat, though. Despite it still being as easy as AC2 was, this setup is a lot more fun to mess around with. I just wish we had more control over dual wielding without it happening automatically. But then like the free running, Ubisoft seems to have gone down the "dumb down everything" path with that.

UrDeviant1
11-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Look at what only having to press 1 button to run actually does to running In general. It's freed up another finger so we can control the camera while running, thus making Connor the best runner/free-runner.

ace3001
11-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Look at what only having to press 1 button to run actually does to running In general. It's freed up another finger so we can control the camera while running, thus making Connor the best runner/free-runner.
Maybe that's why they did it, then. Only it was never an issue for us PC players in the previous games either, so this new setup feels terrible. However, I can understand why console users would prefer this. Considering this, it can sure be taken as an advantage.

UncappedWheel82
11-26-2012, 07:50 PM
I d
That is because AC1 and AC2 trilogy's controls weren't so dumbed down. It expected some kind of input from the player rather than doing everything automatically. AC III takes dumbing down to the next level by even pushing and shoving people automatically, whereas the previous games expected us to do it manually. If you're just looking for easy free running with no effort, AC III is there. There again, you sometimes are unable to swiftly jump down to lower elevations thanks to the lack of a slower sprint speed. And WHERE THE HELL IS LEDGE GRAB??

I'd agree though I wouldn't use the term dumbed down as it was all just streamlined. You can still do everything, all the jumping stuff, from the previous games by just pressing 'jump', and "Where's the ledge grab" you ask? In AC3 YOU CAN STILL LEDGE GRAB, you just didn't/don't need to as much as in previous games. If you want to forge your own path you can by just jumping off an edge and grab on to an outcropping of your choice, but (mostly) because of the setting you don't have to. But really you've got to admit that by the time Rev came along the controls of AC had become cumbersome and bloated. The only people who could play the games were the people who had been there from the beginning as the whole scheme had become exclusive rather than inclusive to players. AC3 took that gameplay and made it less of a chore which allows it to be more "fun" to the casual player but still keeping the core of what was there. Trust me, I understand where you are coming from, but I also understand the consessions that need to be made for games to be "fun" and able to be digestible to the massess. Love it or hate it, Ubi wants this game to sell and it is, at least in part, the bottom line.

In the end though, part of me misses the "control" that I had in previous games, but seriously, after playing through AC2 and the rest again, stumbling through crowds, jumping down into intersections on "accident", clunky/overly complicated combat, and generally slower speeds/less fluidity of movement, really soured my nostalgia. Like I said before, there are things I miss, but really most of those things exist outside of combat and movement and have to do more with character, story, and the design of the world of the game. Ultimately I get the same feeling in AC3 that I did in previous installments only it's easier to pull them off, and I feel like more of a badass since I know i can't be touched in combat.

Really I think people gripes should be more with the content like no real tombs/dungeons like in AC2, or the fact that the contract/delivery/whatever missions have a finite end. AC2 and brotherhood seemed to allow you to be able to do those side mission indefinitely so that even after you beat the game you always had "missions" to do, while in AC3, once you do them, they are done. There is no reason to play AC3 once you've done everything since everything is done, but ehh...go figure.

UncappedWheel82
11-26-2012, 07:56 PM

very good point.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 01:18 AM
and "Where's the ledge grab" you ask? In AC3 YOU CAN STILL LEDGE GRAB, you just didn't/don't need to as much as in previous games. If you want to forge your own path you can by just jumping off an edge and grab on to an outcropping of your choiceThat is not what ledge grab is. I suggest you play one of the previous games and see.

TheDanteEX
11-27-2012, 03:17 AM
Seriously, just hold B or circle to drop down ledges while in high profile. I think it just takes time to get into a new control scheme. After playing with the same engine for so many years, of course it's hard to adjust. The running does feel a lot looser, but whether that's good or bad is up to the player.

My major complaints: The B or circle button being used for pretty much any interaction with the world. So many times I've picked up weapons, whistled, or pick-pocketed by mistake. Usually, it's not a big deal, but it can be frustrated when inconvenient. Running up walls by mistake is an obvious one. Once it happens, it's probably going to happen again right after until you let go of that trigger. Lining up correctly to slide under fences takes a little too much accuracy, since you're usually trying to escape guards. Very rarely when trying to escape, Connor will turn around all on his own to face the enemies like he's being sucked in. For the most part, though, combat and casual game-play are transitioned very nicely. Sheesh, why don't we ever praise that?

KingHunter012
11-27-2012, 03:49 AM
I kinda understand your frustration.. but i will try to answer/solve the problem lol. For the chase thing, that annoyed me too! REALLY BAD! I hated how you couldn't knock anyone down and how guards would shove you down when you ran around them, like their guns extended 5 feet to the side. The Thanksgiving day patch was supposed to fix all of that, idk because i haven't played a chase since then. i've just been doing all the side quest.
And for the climbing and free-running. It does do it all for you but the reason they put it all into one button is because it makes it easier to continue a smooth run while chasing for instance or on scafold or rooftops. You can easily leap over a fence by holding x for ps3 and a for xbox while running. It helps with the stupid mental mistakes you make while climbing in previous games like not pressing x or a in the right time and falling to your death. I know it is kinda boring with the one button thing but what they took away from the climbing they added to the fighting. Which i am sure you can tell is very different and in a way more challenging. Enemies are more random in attacking and they have different ways of killing them, it's not the same old block and counter.
I know this doesn't "solve" the problem, but i hope it brings some understanding i guess haha. I love this game and i love this series! No matter what comes next from Ubisoft i'll buy it and play it til the next. :)

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 05:22 AM
That is not what ledge grab is. I suggest you play one of the previous games and see.
If you're talking about catch backs, you only need the left thumb stick for such a task in ACIII instead of a direction = right face button.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 05:27 AM
And all I can say is thank God for that.

I cannot imagine how I can tree run quickly without the risk of jumping off with the old control scheme. Don't get me wrong, I can make the old games dance, but that's only because the parkour in cities are easy to predict due to their structured nature.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 05:30 AM
If you're talking about catch backs, you only need the left thumb stick for such a task in ACIII instead of a direction = right face button.So, you have to aim at the direction the ledge is in, and he automatically grabs? Thanks, I'll try that out.

Why aren't changes like this explained in that first free running tutorial? Neither this, nor the High profile button + Interact button to drop was explained anywhere.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 05:33 AM
I cannot imagine how I can tree run quickly without the risk of jumping off with the old control scheme. Don't get me wrong, I can make the old games dance, but that's only because the parkour in cities are easy to predict due to their structured nature.That is because the old control scheme required you to use your brain a bit and turn in the proper direction instead of relying on the game to stop you from falling. If I'm to use a very crude analogy, this is a bit like the difference between manual transmission and automatic transmission of a car. The new control scheme just does everything for you, and as a side effect of that, you lose some amount of control you had over free running in the previous games.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 05:39 AM
So, you have to aim at the direction the ledge is in, and he automatically grabs? Thanks, I'll try that out.

Why aren't changes like this explained in that first free running tutorial? Neither this, nor the High profile button + Interact button to drop was explained anywhere.
Well, at least now you can exclusively blame the tutorial. I pretty much mastered the control scheme in every way, but most of it was exploring in the way I did during the old tutorial-non-existent NES days. Ubisoft should've included a tutorial complex similar to Brotherhood, EXPECIALLY with the control scheme revamped.

And on the catch backs, don't try anything complex, yet. I would suggest you try out hanging from a ledge, let go, and push the stick forward, Connor'll surely catch the ledge below him as he falls. Master that, THEN go experiment.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 06:07 AM
The tutorial system sure deserves to be blamed, though. It keeps on explaining stuff like back eject over and over again despite them being performed exactly the same way as in the earlier games. But it doesn't explain the stuff that has been changed.

Anyway, I managed to get ledge grab and dropping from higher elevation working.

But the drop movement still feels incredibly awkward to me because it requires that you stop moving before going to high profile, or you'll be jumping to something in front instead of dropping down. In the previous games, we could easily let go of the legs button and drop down without breaking movement.

Jexx21
11-27-2012, 06:14 AM
That is because the old control scheme required you to use your brain a bit and turn in the proper direction instead of relying on the game to stop you from falling. If I'm to use a very crude analogy, this is a bit like the difference between manual transmission and automatic transmission of a car. The new control scheme just does everything for you, and as a side effect of that, you lose some amount of control you had over free running in the previous games.
I feel like the controls for free-running are almost the same- so I have no idea what you're talking about.
Maybe it's because I use the keyboard and mouse.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 06:17 AM
In the previous games, we could easily let go of the legs button and drop down without breaking movement.
This is true. I remedied that by letting go the free run button a millisecond before the edge and then mashing the right face button as I reach said edge. It IS awkward, I'll give you that much.

Jexx21
11-27-2012, 06:21 AM
What? No you couldn't in the previous games letting go of the sprint button would just make you automatically do a hang.

In AC3 you can just run straight off a building without breaking movement if you hold down the drop button (O on PS3, B? on Xbox). That and if you do it while standing you get an awesome three point landing.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 06:24 AM
What? No you couldn't in the previous games letting go of the sprint button would just make you automatically do a hang.

In AC3 you can just run straight off a building without breaking movement if you hold down the drop button (O on PS3, B? on Xbox). That and if you do it while standing you get an awesome three point landing.
That's what kolita meant, hanging, I think. Not dropping down.

And you actually don't have to mash the circle button? If that's true, you've made my right thumb a lot happier.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 06:28 AM
What? No you couldn't in the previous games letting go of the sprint button would just make you automatically do a hang.Nope. Run to the edge of the building holding high profile and legs both, and let go of legs while still in high profile. This causes Ezio to drop quickly down to whatever level is below and continue running without breaking the motion. Connor cannot do this.

In AC3 you can just run straight off a building without breaking movement if you hold down the drop button (O on PS3, B? on Xbox). That and if you do it while standing you get an awesome three point landing.Dropping down a building and jumping off a building are two things. When you jump off, if there's a building in front, Connor will grab onto that or jump onto it if it's close enough, instead of dropping down. The "drop" button (that is O on PS3, B on Xbox and E on PC) is actually "hang" unless you're in high profile. And when you're in high profile, Connor will jump off the edge instead of dropping, if you don't stop movement.

Jexx21
11-27-2012, 06:30 AM
On my PC it's left mouse button instead of E, and when I use it in high profile I don't 'jump', I drop. I could never do that as Ezio unless there was something underneath me that wasn't far away.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 06:33 AM
Nope. Run to the edge of the building holding high profile and legs both, and let go of legs while still in high profile. This causes Ezio to drop quickly down to whatever level is below and continue running without breaking the motion. Connor cannot do this.

Ah, that's what you meant. Connor can, but not while in constant motion. Are we talking about ledges that're similar to the roof under the chimney in the Renaissance?

ace3001
11-27-2012, 06:38 AM
On my PC it's left mouse button instead of E, and when I use it in high profile I don't 'jump', I drop. I could never do that as Ezio unless there was something underneath me that wasn't far away.

I'm using the default controls. Anyway, it's the button that you do everything with in the game, basically. The "interact" button. You drop by pressing that in high profile if you're not moving. This is what I'm stressing on. You need to stop moving. Or Connor will jump onto the next building automatically. Ezio could jump down without breaking stride as long as the distance was not one that would cause him to lose health.

Ah, that's what you meant. Connor can, but not while in constant motion. Are we talking about ledges that're similar to the roof under the chimney in the Renaissance?Yes. He can't in constant motion. You have to stop moving before you can drop down. Which is what makes it awkward.

Jexx21
11-27-2012, 06:39 AM
I drop of buildings when pressing O/B/whatever when I AM moving also.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 06:47 AM
I drop of buildings when pressing O/B/whatever when I AM moving also.Low profile: Hang. High profile: Drop. In high profile, you will jump off irrespective of whether you press it or not, if you're moving, because moving to an edge in high profile means automatically jumping off to the next building. So the only way to trigger the "drop" event is to stop moving. I think you still haven't realized the difference between jumping off and dropping down.

Jexx21
11-27-2012, 06:49 AM
I think you haven't realized that I know what jumping off and droping down is.

I jump off when I'm doing high profile + jump, I drop when I'm doing high profile + drop/hang/interact/counter/throw

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 06:53 AM
I think you haven't realized that I know what jumping off and droping down is.

I jump off when I'm doing high profile + jump, I drop when I'm doing high profile + drop/hang/interact/counter/throw
I know what kolitha's talking about. What you're talking about is a different kind of drop. Try going on a fence. Stay there. Simply tilt towards the ground, and Connor simply hops down. THAT's the type of drop we're talking about.

Jexx21
11-27-2012, 06:54 AM
that is what I experience

ace3001
11-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Maybe my English isn't good enough to explain this in words. So, here.

By jump, I refer to this:
http://i.imgur.com/IozQv.gif

And by drop, I refer to this:
http://i.imgur.com/fN55o.gif

This drop, Ezio could do without stopping motion. Connor can't.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Maybe my English isn't good enough to explain this in words. So, here.

By jump, I refer to this:
http://i.imgur.com/IozQv.gif

And by drop, I refer to this:
http://i.imgur.com/fN55o.gif

This drop, Ezio could do without stopping motion. Connor can't.
Good news. Our friend Jexx has opened my eyes. If you hold the right face button while free running (without breaking any speed), Connor'll do the hop.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Good news. Our friend Jexx has opened my eyes. If you hold the right face button while free running (without breaking any speed), Connor'll do the hop.Hey, he's right. Sorry, my mistake, then.
If you press the interact button just before the jump animation starts, he does indeed drop down.
Welp. Time to practice that.

Jexx21
12-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Yea, your english was fine :P

I was starting to wonder if my game was bugged or something.

Also, i feel like I experience more of an actual drop, like you slow down dramatically horizontally once you drop, and once you land and roll you stay at the same speed. I also hold down the right face button while free-running and it still does the same thing.. but I use Mouse + Keyboard, so I dunno, maybe that has an affect.