PDA

View Full Version : AC3 - Sequence 10 - Tackle Target From Above

keve94
11-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Hi! I've tried to complete this mission around 45 times now with no success. How am I suppose to tackle this guy without dropping down when drop and tackle is on the same button (E)? Every time i try he just dropps down. I tried to lock on the target by using "F" but that didn't help me at all.
By the way is the lock target funktion broken or something? I remember that in the previous games, when you locked the target it stayed locked but now it just zoom in a bit.

Help please? :)

keve94
11-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Sorry about that. Seems like the target funktion does work, it's just very easy to break it when your on a roof which i find a bit dissapointing =/

ace3001
11-25-2012, 06:15 PM
You can't lock on anymore. F is manual aim.

schrubbejg24
11-25-2012, 07:28 PM
I assume you are on PC? I literally am having the same issue - right now.

I found this looking for a solution.

Ubisoft is garbage and it is a crime how they can get away releasing games that do not work.

When I am above the character with nobody around to target Connor just grabs at the air. I have tried holding right mouse and jumping, tried without.... this is hopeless... Ubisoft makes rage.

schrubbejg24
11-25-2012, 07:58 PM
I assume you are on PC? I literally am having the same issue - right now.

I found this looking for a solution.

Ubisoft is garbage and it is a crime how they can get away releasing games that do not work.

When I am above the character with nobody around to target Connor just grabs at the air. I have tried holding right mouse and jumping, tried without.... this is hopeless... Ubisoft makes rage.

Samm4el
11-30-2012, 03:52 PM
I am on the same quest and its impossible to do, this quest like alot of other quests on the pc version is bugged
while they seam to work fine on console.
And they whant us to support them by bying theyre games, **** ubisoft
happy i dident spend any money on this game, my friend is pissed of tho

dhr09
11-30-2012, 10:12 PM
The quest is not bugged on pc, you just have to do it correctly...to tackle you have to hold the RMB and E at the same time is all. I did it on the second try...you can out run the guy if you know his path when he turn the last corner there are stairs get a head of him and sit on the railing hold RMB and when he comes by and is highlighted press E. Simple really.

DiggerK2
12-22-2012, 04:55 PM
I had some trouble with this one too. It was not the buttons problem it was all the other enemies chasing me that disrupted my "stakeout". However than I remembered I got assassin's assisting me, so I made them attack all the guards that I pass by while running to the stairs in last alley before the target, and than it was just simple wait and RMB+E without interruption.

As for PC game bugs I tried to do it like on one youtube video where they run ahead through the house, but when i tried it Conor didn't want to run through like it was an invisible wall.

daniel.united
12-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Some missions in AC3 are just impossible to complete.. =/

YazX_
12-22-2012, 06:08 PM
IT IS bugged but in different way, you have to do it while standing on the beam, if you were in climbing position it will not count. here is a vid on youtube shows you how to do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUpSyYhYBWQ

IcemanGBR
12-22-2012, 06:29 PM
I was having trouble with this but them I realised how to do it (although I don't know the controls on PC). Once you get in the final alleyway and are on top of a ledge/building and the target is highlighted, hold the sprint button and press the drop button. If I recall correctly, this worked the first time I tried it. If it doesn't work, maybe you have to press the attack button when you're midway through your drop or maybe don't hold the sprint button. It's been a while since I did the mission so can't be more precise.

Michaela8917
12-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks a lot!It works!This mission is really driving me crazy...:)

Razrback16
12-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Yeah some of those missions, the 100% sync is just absolutely absurd and makes no sense for the flow of the game. I liked the 100% sync pieces in Brotherhood & Revelations because most of the time they at least made sense if you were to do them in the context of a mission, but in AC3 a lot of them are things that you would absolutely not do.

NeaEmrys
01-10-2013, 02:47 AM
First I couldn't do it, but after reading this thread I realized I wasn't actually pressing RMB and E at the same time - so, in short: wait for the target to come as in the videos, then press forward+space+RMB+E at the same time. I practiced a bit before I tried the mission again, and it was worth it. It doesn't work perfectly every time, because it requires some timing, but I actually ended up doing it in the last alley as in the video, except I was sitting on the rope hanging between the houses and then jumped tackled the target from there. Hope that helps.

Anykeyer
01-10-2013, 06:19 AM
LOL, I didn know its hard. And I bet devs didnt mean this approach too, its way too set up to be in mission's constriction. This can be done aprox after 15-20 secs of chase, by tackling from woods, there are plenty of them near buildings.

Frag_Maniac
12-06-2013, 07:02 AM
This always seems to happen with AC games, there's a handful of missions where an objective leaves you experimenting with controls, and it's only made worse by misleading chat.

I'll agree on one thing, that it's extremely difficult if not impossible to do whilst running, at least on PC anyway. It actually had me trying LMB with open hand enabled, but even from small heights FAR less than rooftops I've seen it done from on console, the sage would die.

What worked for me was just running along the ground and waiting for him from atop the corner of a stone wall right where he runs down some steps, but the keys it required was Shift+E, not RMB+E. RMB by default is bound to aiming of weapons, not for tackling, and F does nothing at all, unless you want to use whatever item you have equipped. Have fun throwing change at him, shooting him, tossing a throwing knife at him, or here's a gem, pull your treasure map out. That's all the good F will do you. LOL

Shift makes sense because normally tackling is something you do while free running, and Shift = FREE RUN! The only problem is, Ubi messed up the mechanics on PC because, 1) technically you shouldn't be able to tackle someone while still, esp since Shift (free run) is required, and 2), there's not an adequate lock-on to tackle them from above while running. LMB locks on perfectly fine, only problem is he dies.

In Ubi's defense however, it's a massive, detailed game world with loads of stuff to do, so I'm sure play testing was monumental, and because of that, the black sheep platform that garners only 20% of sales at best is often where most of the bugs show up, esp when you consider all the hardware compatibility testing alone that the PC platform requires.

Majjiks
01-29-2014, 10:30 PM
This always seems to happen with AC games, there's a handful of missions where an objective leaves you experimenting with controls, and it's only made worse by misleading chat.

I'll agree on one thing, that it's extremely difficult if not impossible to do whilst running, at least on PC anyway. It actually had me trying LMB with open hand enabled, but even from small heights FAR less than rooftops I've seen it done from on console, the sage would die.

What worked for me was just running along the ground and waiting for him from atop the corner of a stone wall right where he runs down some steps, but the keys it required was Shift+E, not RMB+E. RMB by default is bound to aiming of weapons, not for tackling, and F does nothing at all, unless you want to use whatever item you have equipped. Have fun throwing change at him, shooting him, tossing a throwing knife at him, or here's a gem, pull your treasure map out. That's all the good F will do you. LOL

Shift makes sense because normally tackling is something you do while free running, and Shift = FREE RUN! The only problem is, Ubi messed up the mechanics on PC because, 1) technically you shouldn't be able to tackle someone while still, esp since Shift (free run) is required, and 2), there's not an adequate lock-on to tackle them from above while running. LMB locks on perfectly fine, only problem is he dies.

In Ubi's defense however, it's a massive, detailed game world with loads of stuff to do, so I'm sure play testing was monumental, and because of that, the black sheep platform that garners only 20% of sales at best is often where most of the bugs show up, esp when you consider all the hardware compatibility testing alone that the PC platform requires.

I had this issue and tried all the above mentioned combo's and it was still not working. Then I realized that I had in game mapped the E command to my fifth mouse button {Logitech Performance MX}. This should have made the combo shift and that button while running But the game won't recognize the combo that way for some reason.So then I reset my controls to default and the combo shift and E worked.. I had to map the fifth button to E through the Logitech software.

PS... I was able to tackle him 5 yards from where he was by coming around the far corner of the house. He can't see you until your close and he runs right in front of you.

HERMIEkid
01-01-2017, 08:14 PM
I had some trouble with this one too. It was not the buttons problem it was all the other enemies chasing me that disrupted my "stakeout". However than I remembered I got assassin's assisting me, so I made them attack all the guards that I pass by while running to the stairs in last alley before the target, and than it was just simple wait and RMB+E without interruption.

As for PC game bugs I tried to do it like on one youtube video where they run ahead through the house, but when i tried it Conor didn't want to run through like it was an invisible wall.

What is RMB?

HERMIEkid
01-01-2017, 08:17 PM
I just realised it stands for right mouse button(Google helped me)

And it worked!!! thank you so fking much man. I am eternally gratefull to you

Darktun1991
01-24-2017, 07:00 AM
The quest is not bugged on pc, you just have to do it correctly...to tackle you have to hold the RMB and E at the same time is all. I did it on the second try...you can out run the guy if you know his path when he turn the last corner there are stairs get a head of him and sit on the railing hold RMB and when he comes by and is highlighted press E. Simple really.

Thank you very much. I did it ^^:p

Harbing3rs
05-01-2017, 01:53 AM
The problem with this sequence is no one knows to hold the right mouse button than the E button when he is highlighted on the PC version or mouse and keyboard. There is no tutorial, no indication when you hold right mouse button that you are in tackle mode, Am I suppose to guess? How long would it take to figure this one out on your own?! and please no condescending "I did it first try" garbage, how would the average, unenlightened, non condescending Joe figure this one out?!, this sequence is disappointing for not providing any tutorial about how to tackle and can cause many a broken mouse or keyboard because of it, glad that this answer is available here.

angels8
02-14-2019, 07:29 AM
when u get to the stairs only push e and right click at same time..done then he jump and get him..