PDA

View Full Version : Why ill never buy a ubisoft product ever again...

trooper14
11-25-2012, 05:10 PM
1) Bugs with no fixes - take for example AC3...ppl get crash stuck in menues etc and no 1 gives a F
2) Support - a title who does not really reflect the truth, they never answer and when they do they answer foolish reply
most can not contact them and have to be forced to phone them...what a solution is that? WHY NOT FIX THE **** PROBLEM?????
3) Finance - they will send you a copy u didnt purchase 99% a lower Edition even thou you proove them wrong there is no way to get a refund
4) Forum - this forum is ussles other than us customers helping one another, from all my reading i have never read a forum manager typing a smart productive thing
THEY ALLWAYS BLAME YOU FIRST AND WONT EVEN CONSIDER ITS SOMTHING FROM THERE END
5) uplay is like steam origin and ubisoft have the right to want that and thats fine but i wish uplay/ubisoft will be half the company EA is, in EA they answer they reply they solve and if they cant they at least try...here the MODS give u a feeling that u are rude to even complain and how dare you to want somthing that is rightfully youres...
6) why suffer heartache like me? why spend money like me?(i was double charged for 1 copy) WHY WHY WHY???

I have an answer for you all because Ubisoft have long abandond us pc gamers....the answer is SKIDROW :)

Peace out.

CCBIGGS
11-25-2012, 05:25 PM
I tried Skidrow and Reloaded cracks and got the same thing. I dont know maybe we will actually get to play the game at some point. Like I said before Trooper I would not admit to working on Assassins Creed 3 to anyone. If you can not make a game play on what is now common hardware there is something wrong and I would be ashamed. Once they Skidrow/Reloaded have it figured out that is where I will be going. So I can delete this Uplay crap that certainly does nothing to help the game actually play. Steam says I have played 45 minutes and all of that time was watching the opening cut scenes 30 times in a row yesterday, and a couple times today. That cut scene I can say is not worth $49 !! LOL

MaceMagoo
11-25-2012, 05:37 PM
So your problem is the trading menu thing I take it? Just use the arrow keys for now instead of the mouse wheel, there you go sorted it for you. Why have a massive rant over something like this? And mentioning pirating a game will get you banned.

trooper14
11-25-2012, 05:42 PM
So your problem is the trading menu thing I take it? Just use the arrow keys for now instead of the mouse wheel, there you go sorted it for you. Why have a massive rant over something like this? And mentioning pirating a game will get you banned.

i didnt got stuck in the menu ,i read alot others did...
the problems are far more worst if its from the MP to mass bugs in the SP till sometimes crashing and worst....
SO this is all of our problems not just mine

and i dont care if they ban me from the forums ,they dont help me and never hellpd me in the past and i purchased more then 8 games VIA uplay
cant submit a ticket and like i said far more problems...SO let them ban me for saying skidrow(did not mention pirating or anything just a name :) ) i dont care anymore i got to a point that im tierd from any of this crap

sanceman
11-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Piracy is not the answer, not buying the game is. If you guys bought the game and it's broken for you then there's always a way to get a refund. You just have to prove that your system has nothing to do with it. So bottom line: bad port, don't buy it but also don't pirate it. Suggestions for you to buy instead: XCOM, Dishonored, Hitman Absolution, all of them have better PC versions.

GosuGian
11-25-2012, 06:08 PM
You sir deserve a ban.

CCBIGGS
11-25-2012, 06:17 PM
I have not pirated, AC3 I paid $49 just like everybody else. And if Skidrow/Reloaded beat Ubisoft to letting me play the game I paid for then that is where I will go and Ubisoft and there Uplay be ****ed.
Ban away!! I dont have time to prove my system is not at fault just like I really dont have time to piss and moan here "It just makes me feel a little better"
You are right sanceman, I have both XCOM and Dishonored and they both look and play great. And I really wish I would have done the research and new about this Uplay crap, If I would have I would not have bought it.
It is just a **** shame, it seems you can not buy a game for the PC unless the devs are loyal PC devs. I dont get if you can make it run on xbox and ps3, dont even bother releasing for PC if you cant make it run. You can not tell me they did not test this on a PC that if not identical to what I have was pretty darn close. I know there are lots of variables there but come on.
I have watched the beginning cut scene close to 40-45 times now and have made it to the big room after stickin the eden orb in the door where I get a crash to desktop and a audio loop requiring a restart. Now it only takes my PC maybe 20 seconds for a restart but it gets old. When my PC runs every new game just fine I find it hard to believe it is a problem on my end. Especially when in a couple day or weeks there will be a patch come through and everything will be fine, or it will never work and Skidrow or someone else will fix it.
I am done now thanks for helping me to feel a little better.

IASoldier
11-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Piracy is not the answer, not buying the game is. If you guys bought the game and it's broken for you then there's always a way to get a refund. You just have to prove that your system has nothing to do with it. So bottom line: bad port, don't buy it but also don't pirate it. Suggestions for you to buy instead: XCOM, Dishonored, Hitman Absolution, all of them have better PC versions.

Hell yeah. XCOM, Dishonored and Absolution are excellent games. And at least, they were well ported to PC.

Ignitio
11-26-2012, 12:35 AM
I feel with you man, they cancelled my order and no refund.. Ubisoft should be ashamed of what they've done to their customers, I usually dont whine about these sorts of things, cause they usually gets solved from times to times.. But now I am pissed...

cicero70
11-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Hello i bought the game yesterday and wanted to play it on sunday. I installed it and then go in the game and played 2 levels which are killing someone at opera and then moving on a ship from london to boston. After the level was finished as i saw boston in game it went to loading screen ( the syncronyzing ) .

I can run , jump and do everything in this screen althought pressing "esc" is not working and i left the game like that for 4 hours and nothing happened still on same screen.

I typed this to at least 6 bug report topic and opened one myself and waiting for 8 hours tried every ****in thing and still noone gives a simple ****.

Today one of my friend asked me why did u buy it ? I answered him that i like these games and i want them to get money for it because they deserve it but now i am just swearing myself that why the **** i gave that money. Just for the record you lost a ****in customer that never gonna give any**** to you again.

Face.Ache
11-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Definitely the last time I buy a game from ubisoft. I just can't believe they haven't learned from the mistakes they made with brotherhood and revelations. Even if they manage to fix the MP this week, which I highly doubt. Probably a lot of players won't even bother coming back to this game after they finished the SP. I'm surprised no one really complained about the MP's user interface. This must be one of the most confusing interface I've ever seen from the ASC franchise.

Bad213Boy
11-26-2012, 02:32 AM
I don't know what games all of you were playing when each AC game was released, but they all had major issues.

It's called corporate greed. You ever ask yourself why game developers are allowed to sell unfinished bugged games? Some may say that it's an attemp to prevent pirating. But lets face it, they do it because they can. Because the sooner they get the game on the shelves, the sooner they can steal your money.

It's funny. Congress can make developers put game ratings on the front of the box, but they don't do anything about gaming developers finding a loop hole and exploiting it. It something very easy that can be done. There needs to be a government third party agency involved that the developers should pay for prior to releasing their game to the public. They can even slap a "T", for teen, on the front of the box and then later come out with a blood patch, nudity patch, or some other kind of homicidal patch. There's no regulations or obligations these game developers must abide by. There's no fines, nothing.

It should be illegal what these game developers are putting on the shelves. It doesn't matter if it's Ubisoft or EA. They all do it. It's all about advertising man. It's about making you want more. It's about you visiting their site. It's about you seeing their advertisements and buying something else you really don't need. More clicks equals more money for them.

There's one thing I've learned since patches were made available online over the years, never try playing a newly released PC game. You're just asking to be disappointed. I know it seems like you HAVE to have to have it, but just let it go and play another game for a few months. Look at how terrible Star Wars The Old Republic was on it's release. The game lost so many members that they have to offer it free now. Open your eyes people.

I haven't bought a game in over 10 years. I would have to say that this probably why most games are pirated. You can just wait a while and get a patched free game to play without problems.

MastaGengis
11-26-2012, 02:35 AM
I wish i had just kept on waiting for Metalgear Rising !!!!

BzkGB
11-26-2012, 02:40 AM
It's called corporate greed. You ever ask yourself why game developers are allowed to sell unfinished bugged games? Some may say that's it to help prevent pirating. But lets face it, they do it because they can. Because the sooner they get the game on the shelves, the sooner they're able to make money on it. Most sales come in the first 2 weeks of it's release.

It should be illegal what these game developers are putting on the shelves. It doesn't matter if it's Ubisoft or EA. They all do it. I haven't found one decent game developer that hasn't done this. They all release patches to fix bugs because they expect you to visit they're brain washing website in hopes of buying something else. It's all about advertising man. It's about making you want more and getting familiar with their website. More clicks means more money.

I don't know what games all of you were playing when each AC game was released, but they all had major issues.

There's one thing I've learned since patches were made available online over the years, never try playing a newly released PC game. You're just asking to be disappointed. I know it seems like you HAVE to have to have it, but just let it go and play another game for a few months. Play a few games that have been stable for awhile.

I haven't bought a game in over 10 years. I would have to say that this probably why most games are pirated. You can just wait a while and get a patched free game to play without problems.

+1.

al-Assas
11-26-2012, 03:03 AM
I would have to say that this probably why most games are pirated. You can just wait a while and get a patched free game to play without problems.

That doesn't make any sense. If the game were finely polished at release, the pirated version would be as well. That makes no difference in the appeal of the pirated version.

Of course some games are more buggy at release than others. They can't all be exactly the same. You can buy the game at release and take part in the final phase of testing, or you can buy it later and play a more finished game from the start. It's your choice. Funny how young people are the impatient ones, even though they have the more time left ahead of them.

Face.Ache
11-26-2012, 03:26 AM
That doesn't make any sense. If the game were finely polished at release, the pirated version would be as well. That makes no difference in the appeal of the pirated version.

Of course some games are more buggy at release than others. They can't all be exactly the same. You can buy the game at release and take part in the final phase of testing, or you can buy it later and play a more finished game from the start. It's your choice. Funny how young people are the impatient ones, even though they have the more time left ahead of them.

I don't agree with this statement at all there shouldn't be a "final testing phase" especially with a large company as Ubisoft. Also It's not about being impatient it's about bringing a half finished product to the market and basically lying to their customers about the state which it's in right now. I think it's weird that most people are okay with the fact that a game can be buggy or not completely functioning on release dates. In my opinion I think that's highly unprofessional. Would you be okay with accepting a half finished painting which you ordered and payed for because the artist couldn't make his deadline?

al-Assas
11-26-2012, 04:00 AM
Software isn't like a painting. It is absolutely professional, that bugfixing and optimization continues after release, based on bug reports from a wider use than what's possible before release. That's how software is made, except in mission critical software, which games are not.

Now, the amount of bugs and the level of pre-release optimization is another question. And communication is a third one.

I don't know how AC3 PC compares to other games that are ported from console, with low expectations for PC sales. But making up expectations where there are no specific promises, that's just silly. And actually, I suspect that militant demands may be part of the reason for bad communication on their part: they don't want to promise anything. That's how it usually goes, anyway.

Black_Widow9
11-26-2012, 05:08 AM
Discussion of Piracy is not allowed on the Forums and you will be banned.

Please make sure you contact Ubisoft Support and let them know of any issues you are having.
http://support.ubisoft.com/