PDA

View Full Version : In another moment, down went Alice after it.... (Far Cry 3 + AC3!)

pacmanate
11-25-2012, 03:49 PM
I noticed it yesterday, this quote is used in both AC3 and Far Cry 3, both made by Ubisoft. I found it pretty weird how the same quote opened two different games... what does it mean and why do they open both games? I find this really awesome but at the same time weird.

Go to 0:08 here on the Far Cry one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Dac93gGsE

8:34 on the AC3 one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cppwdn61zW4

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 03:52 PM
It's just Ubisoft being hipsters. Probably no meaning whatsoever.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 03:55 PM
For some reason that quote really stood out for me when I heard it in ACIII.

Baked_Cookies
11-25-2012, 04:01 PM
That is pretty odd? I never really noticed that good find man. Far Cry is another great Ubi titles

pacmanate
11-25-2012, 05:10 PM
It is right? @LightRey this quote stands out to me as well, I am not sure why though, but it is interesting. Especially because these two games are completely different in what they set out to do.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 05:18 PM
It is right? @LightRey this quote stands out to me as well, I am not sure why though, but it is interesting. Especially because these two games are completely different in what they set out to do.
Funny thing is I never played FC3 and it still stood out for me.

ACfan443
11-25-2012, 05:30 PM
I always wondered why shawn randomly said that. It's a bit like what Walt Disney/Pixar do, they have this 5 or 6 digit number that's present in all their animated films in different forms.

cmrggamer
11-25-2012, 06:13 PM
It's funny, that line stood out to me as well.
It's a quote from Alice in Wonderland...and I'm wondering if it was just basically the realization that something much bigger than them was going on and that maybe they had so blindly followed everything that had led them there. Maybe it was even acting as foreshadowing for the end...? I don't know.

Arathar
11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
What's even funnier is that no one realized it was from Alice and Wonderland in this thread until the last guy.

slade109
11-25-2012, 06:20 PM
lol it probably means nothing, but a litlte "easter egg" i guess you'd call it for fans.

Volition did the same thing with saints row and red faction

rocketxsurgeon
11-25-2012, 06:23 PM
I really loved that line.
Think it ties in to the ending nicely.

cmrggamer
11-25-2012, 06:40 PM
What's even funnier is that no one realized it was from Alice and Wonderland in this thread until the last guy.

I was worried people were going to think I was stupid for mentioning it XD

Jexx21
11-25-2012, 06:52 PM
..I thought it was obvious it was from Alice in Wonderland.

rocketxsurgeon
11-25-2012, 06:58 PM

This exactly...
Surely for someone to understand the meaning of the line they must know of it's origin.
Otherwise, it would not make sense at all.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 07:00 PM
So did I. I've never even read the book (or seen any of the movies) and it was obvious to me.

InfectedNation
11-25-2012, 08:58 PM
It was pretty obviously an Alice in Wonderland quote.
Also, this is not deliberate by Ubisoft because Danny Wallace (Shaun) wrote all of his own lines for ACIII (Source - Internet and the fact that he's credited as a writer)

rileypoole1234
11-25-2012, 09:08 PM
For some reason that quote really stood out for me when I heard it in ACIII.

Me too for some odd reason. Can't explain why, but it stuck with me.

Krayus Korianis
11-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Maybe because they're going into a hole without considering how they'll get out again? Less Derp, more Gerp.

pacmanate
11-25-2012, 09:21 PM
But when does Jason ever go into a hole.

The quote makes more sense for AC3 but I don't get the Far Cry one other than it is Ubisoft.

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 09:23 PM

The quote makes more sense for AC3 but I don't get the Far Cry one other than it is Ubisoft.

A metaphorical hole. Now stop digging yourself an deeper hole.

pacmanate
11-25-2012, 09:53 PM
A metaphorical hole. Now stop digging yourself an deeper hole.

A DEEPER hole? When did I even start hole digging :s

FinnSanity
12-24-2012, 03:27 AM

In Far Cry 3 the quote is shown as soon as you start a new save game and then the holiday footage commences, it finishes with them skydiving onto the island which was the moment before Vaas' men captured them and imprisoned them to be sold into slavery.

In Assassins Creed it is basically the same except they were going into the grand temple, something that had been untouched for thousands of years yet its technology was so advanced it needed the apple to open it and when Shaun quoted that he was wondering if the apple would get them out the same way :)

pacmanate
12-24-2012, 08:38 AM
In Far Cry 3 the quote is shown as soon as you start a new save game and then the holiday footage commences, it finishes with them skydiving onto the island which was the moment before Vaas' men captured them and imprisoned them to be sold into slavery.

In Assassins Creed it is basically the same except they were going into the grand temple, something that had been untouched for thousands of years yet its technology was so advanced it needed the apple to open it and when Shaun quoted that he was wondering if the apple would get them out the same way :)

OH I get it! :P LOL!

Legendz54
12-24-2012, 09:24 AM
FC3 had so many AC3 references, at one point your about to jump into a lake and your character says "leap of faith" and also SPOILERS One of your enemies decides to cut off your ring finger.

Man Anarkia
01-08-2016, 04:54 AM
far cry 3 is a alice & wonderland type story ac3 probably did it because it sounds cool & shawn kinda talks fancy so it sounds great when shawn says it.

cawatrooper9
01-08-2016, 03:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZaFs-kDwK4

I saw this two or three years ago. Interesting watch, if you have the time.