PDA

View Full Version : This is what we need on CONSOLES to make AC3 look better

pacmanate
11-25-2012, 03:06 PM
I would suggest watching the whole video because there are some major differences with this awesome PC dally but look at 0:45 specifically. That is the crap us console gamers get when playing AC3, then look at what magic the TXAA can do! It looks so much better :( Oh the woes of being a console gamer :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukmcBqaZ0hc&feature=related

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 03:10 PM
I know, It sucks :(. And thing Is, even the next gen consoles wont be up to scratch with PC.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
I honestly never even notice that stuff.

pacmanate
11-25-2012, 03:19 PM
I honestly never even notice that stuff.

I do :( Especially in this game! Besides even if you didn't notice it, you can at least see the difference in the video :P

LightRey
11-25-2012, 03:20 PM
I do :( Especially in this game! Besides even if you didn't notice it, you can at least see the difference in the video :P
Hardly. Half the time I'm not even sure what they're talking about.

ze_topazio
11-25-2012, 03:44 PM
There's barely any difference, show me some mods like the ones fans do for the likes of Skyrim that makes the game look a lot better and i might be impressed, this however makes close to no difference.

Kaschra
11-25-2012, 03:47 PM
At least we console gamers got the game much earlier :rolleyes:
I don't really care for the graphics anyway.

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 03:48 PM
There's barely any difference, show me some mods like the ones fans do for the likes of Skyrim that makes the game look a lot better and i might be impressed, this however makes close to no difference.

Then you need to get your eyes tested.

pacmanate
11-25-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't see how you cannot see the difference for any of these things :S The trees look much better with TXAA on, the flickering and stupid shadowing on the buildings is gone with it, the DX11 Tessellation is amazing too.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 03:52 PM
True dat. Some of the Skyrim mods look absolutely stunning.

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2012, 04:05 PM

I would if Ubi didn't lock it's game -_- stupid anvil and forge combination.

The only thing possible so far is changing textures temporarily using texmod, and what I've already done:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/728927-Assassin-s-Creed-III-PC-color-mod

ace3001
11-25-2012, 04:10 PM
At least we console gamers got the game much earlier :rolleyes: I don't really care for the graphics anyway. Three weeks is much earlier, now? You could've said that with AC1, AC2 or Brotherhood, but not for this. Anyway, this kinda thing depends on personal taste. The main difference with the PC version is the very simple fact that you can get native 1080p or higher on it, actually. Or even better, triple monitor setups. That kinda thing makes a big difference. But for those who have played constantly on consoles are used to the upscaled 720p (or if the TV is 720p, it won't matter at all), and not having something like TXAA really isn't an issue. The game looks pretty good enough already.

Kaswa101
11-25-2012, 04:22 PM
How come Connor's hood is down in the city? :eek:

DavisP92
11-25-2012, 04:24 PM
True dat. Some of the Skyrim mods look absolutely stunning.

I think stunning is selling the mods too short o.O

Have you seen skyrim with 100 mods on.

http://kotaku.com/5961994/what-skyrim-looks-like-when-youre-running-100-mods-at-once

LightRey
11-25-2012, 05:16 PM
I think stunning is selling the mods too short o.O

Have you seen skyrim with 100 mods on.

http://kotaku.com/5961994/what-skyrim-looks-like-when-youre-running-100-mods-at-once
Yeah crazy. A while back I saw a 9gag post that showed images of Skyrim with mods that could fool pretty much anyone into thinking they were real life pictures.