PDA

View Full Version : Just had a response from Ubisoft regarding ATI cards

BzkGB
11-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm currently at work, so there's no way I can try this until later but, after 5 days, I've just gotten a response from Ubisoft regarding ATI cards and Assassin's Creed 3 FPS drops.

"Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Assassin's Creed 3.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident).

The lag affects ATI cards and it is due to a conflicts with the latest Catalyst. You need to redownload the latest Catalyst drivers as they have now been updated to be optimized for AC3."

Not sure if it's true or not, but as I said I can't test it right now. Hope it works for you guys - lemme know!

spectatorx
11-25-2012, 03:04 PM
It's not true. 12.11 beta 9 is not out yet and i'm not sure if it will be relased, maybe amd will just release 12.12 driver instead of any other beta or they will launch another beta, i do not know their plans.

BzkGB
11-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Great. I see Ubisoft are hiring clueless monkeys to work in their support department, then.

spectatorx
11-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Here is the site where show up 12.11 beta driver updates and or maybe i'm blind but i do not see there info about beta 9:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst1211betadriver.aspx

And this is direct link to beta 9 driver:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_12.11_Beta9_NET4.exe
but it seems to be not working :-)

Yes, ubisoft support is a really pointless thing about technical things. In this kind of problems it is better to do things from my faq and if they not help so to post a new thread on forum. Ubisoft support may be helpful only with licensing things like unfairly banned product key etc.

BzkGB
11-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah I've been checking the 12.11 beta driver page pretty much every day for updates but... nothing. I didn't know about the beta 9 driver page though ;<

Ah well, seems it was a waste of a support ticket then.

MrGreenest
11-25-2012, 03:48 PM
i have a freind who have AMD CPU and nVidia GPU, and he also gets lag in boston

BzkGB
11-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Well with any luck you're right and they're working on beta 9. Just read on Overclock.net that Tracks, supposedly an AMD hardware rep, claims:

"I cannot comment on anything compute-related, as I don't actively follow those driver threads internally.

As for the issues people are encountering with the CAP, we found a bug that causes the 12.11CAP1 installer to fail on some systems. We're just going to bake those fixes into a new beta driver and get it posted for people (beta9). You'll be able to install it right over the top. Stay tuned."

Don't really know if he's a legit AMD employee or not, just throwing it out there. If they are working on a beta 9 there'd better be some AC3 optimisations in there!

Whyzax
11-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Oh come on, if amd was working on this, it would be done till now