PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Assasin's Creed III Ending

Ruscris2
11-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Ok, so I finally got to see how Assasins Creed III ends. And I have to say: Is Desmond really dead? I think not. They made Desmond spark during Assasins Creed III, especially the Abstergo part, and than decided to kill him....reallly? Right when things started to get interesting.

So what makes me believe that Desmond is still alive: Remember the glowing arm (which we assume is Subject 16, or a part of him) at the end of Revelations? They didn't really explain that in III. Actually they didn't talk about S16 at all. Ok, so from what i remember at the end of Assasins Creed III, Desmond touches the orb with the same hand that was glowing. What if, instead of Desmond being sacrificed, Subject 16 has been? That explains why Desmond didn't "die" in an instant (or maybe Juno was just a ***** :P), and also fills the Subject 16 plot hole. This would be a nice start for Assasin's Creed IV.

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 02:48 PM
What is the Subject Sixteen plot hole?

roostersrule2
11-25-2012, 02:50 PM
In regards to the glowing arm, I can almost guarantee if he touched the ball thing with his left hand nothing would of happened.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Subject 16 is gone. This has long been confirmed. Also, Desmond is dead, the encyclopedia confirms that too. Finally, Desmond's arm glowing had nothing to do with S16, this too was confirmed long ago.

MasterAssasin84
11-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Subject 16 is gone. This has long been confirmed. Also, Desmond is dead, the encyclopedia confirms that too. Finally, Desmond's arm glowing had nothing to do with S16, this too was confirmed long ago.

I just think there is a state of denial going on here lol !! People need to accept that Desmonds story has finished :)

But back on topic subject 16 died whilst in captivity at abstergo his time in the Animus broke his mind sent him of his head and ultimately he commited suicide

LightRey
11-25-2012, 05:11 PM
I just think there is a state of denial going on here lol !! People need to accept that Desmonds story has finished :)

But back on topic subject 16 died whilst in captivity at abstergo his time in the Animus broke his mind sent him of his head and ultimately he commited suicide
I was referring to the copy of him inside the animus that was deleted, but that too yeah.

ACfan443
11-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Desmond might have a digital conscience alive in the animus, but his physical form is roasted to a crisp.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Desmond might have a digital conscience alive in the animus, but his physical form is roasted to a crisp.
I doubt that too. S16's copy was made on purpose and he had the programming skills to do so. Desmond had neither the motive nor the skill to do the same.

kudos17
11-25-2012, 05:56 PM

Depends on what you mean by that. It is HIS ancestor that's being synced to the Cloud. In a way, it's a trace of him. And Desmond is sort of special. I doubt he's just completely gone.

But I doubt he's Subject 16-style, either. I don't think he'll be floating around the Cloud, offering advice in cryptic and vague fashion to random passersby.

Overall, I think it's safe to say the majority of Desmond is gone. In future games, they may make a passing remark about him, but that's it.