PDA

View Full Version : Did the lack of ambient music broke your immersion in AC III ? (Poll)

heshesh
11-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Well I've seen a post in the forum and I've wanted to see to how many people have been affected by the lack of ambient music and if so : did it break your immersion in AC III ?
(no spoilers i haven't completed the game yet !) ;)

The ambient music was always omnipresent in AC to AC revelations,so why is AC III so souless when it comes to ambient music while free roaming is it a glitch ?

P.s :I really want to support this post so the devs might see it in the near futur.

dbuddy101
11-25-2012, 02:23 PM
The reason they didn't put ambient music is because of the Frontier, I believe. You are able to hear the sounds of the frontier a lot better without the ambient music, and it really sets the mood for the wilderness, instead of having music there. I personally don't care either way, but if people really want it, and get the devs on board, I won't be complaining.

BeCk41
11-25-2012, 02:23 PM
No because I never even noticed the music apart from the intro and Indian chants. I think we can all agree that the soundtrack cannot compare to the past AC games, it just didn't have the emotional vibe it once did.

heshesh
11-25-2012, 02:27 PM
No because I never even noticed the music apart from the intro and Indian chants. I think we can all agree that the soundtrack cannot compare to the past AC games, it just didn't have the emotional vibe it once did.
True that, the soundtrack in AC II and Brotherhood was just phenomenal.
I'm a music lover and i'm used to those amazing soundtrack but didn't get anything apart from the missions.

ace3001
11-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Nope. I didn't even notice it. But then again, the soundtrack was rather lackluster this time around, so I don't mind the lack of BGM, anyway.

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 02:41 PM
I actually didn't notice. I'm going to disagree on the soundtrack being poor though.

Haytham's theme, Desmond's theme, the First Civ theme, the memory corridor piece, the sailor chants. I have two more but they contain spoilers so I won't post them :p

Anyway, I instantly loved those 4 tracks (5 if you count the chants).

Jay_2750
11-25-2012, 02:58 PM
No, without the ambient music it sets the mood and in the Frontier it actually feels and sounds amazing. You can here all the animals calling their mates, fighting against each other (Elks) and hunting has a fun atmosphere as well.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Not at all. It's possible that I would've liked it more if the game had good ambient music, but I did not mind it at all, be it in the frontier or the cities.

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
This Is something I really did mind. I spent 4 hours In one sitting running (no fast travel or horse) through Boston, New York and the Frontier, and a lot of the time the only sound, or the sound that stood out most was the sound of Connors footsteps and It made me feel lonely :(

pacmanate
11-25-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't even notice these things, purely because the sounds were more real, like just people talking or shouting, birds, animals. It didn't really need any music. Tbh when music did randomly come on in the Frontier I felt like the immersion was severed.

Jay_2750
11-25-2012, 03:23 PM
With what other forumers just said, I couldn't agree more. The sounds are environment are much more realistic then the previous games.

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 03:25 PM
There Is just a severe lack of ambient music. It didn't ruin Immersion, It just means I'm missing out on something.

JCearlyyears
11-25-2012, 03:28 PM
I wish there was music because I wanted it and because you can turn off the music. The cities didn't feel right, I think that the music plays a big role for some people. It has been an option in the past. Even if the frontier sounds great by its self, music would help it for some people and be an option for those who don't care about it.

heshesh
11-25-2012, 03:48 PM
I don't even notice these things, purely because the sounds were more real, like just people talking or shouting, birds, animals. It didn't really need any music. Tbh when music did randomly come on in the Frontier I felt like the immersion was severed.

But if the music was continuous it would have been better.

MasterAssasin84
11-25-2012, 04:00 PM
To be honest i felt the game story and environment and gameplay was enough to immerse me , i would have liked more background music but it wasnt a big issue and to be fair i really loved the
ambient sounds of the frontier in a strange i kind of put me in a summer mood :) lol !

heshesh
11-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Don't know why but i just get bored without music.

ProdiGurl
11-25-2012, 04:15 PM
I had to vote Yes becuz lack of music in free roam (which there's a lot of) was/is leaving me with a hollow/empty feeling thru so much of it.
I have very few complaints w/ this game & I'm loving it but it really needs more music going on for me. But I have noticed the music picked up since hitting Seq. 7.
:)
If they're going to have complete silence, they really need alot more background noise going on - wind, birds chirping, crowds chattering (worthwhile conversations & humor is always helpful)
and whatever. Just more of that would have helped.

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Not really, if there was ambient music it could've been good, but I didn't really "miss" it, the city din was enough.

As a sidenote - Also, the dissing just because Kyd wasn't there is annoying.

heshesh
11-25-2012, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=As a sidenote - Also, the dissing just because Kyd wasn't there is annoying.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's true. ..

ACfan443
11-25-2012, 04:54 PM
I definitely think it breaks the immersion. Ambient music is one of the staples in AC games and is known for. creating the awesome atmospheres. No music this time round makes the world feel quiet and empty. But when it starts playing during missions, the atmosphere picks up and feels epic. I wish they'd just bring it back for free roam

heshesh
11-25-2012, 04:59 PM
I do believe this is one (and only one)problem in AC III in my opinion.

Baked_Cookies
11-25-2012, 05:11 PM
When it comes to immersion into a game like this the ambient music for me has no effect. I mean if its suppose to be a real experience and you are suppose to be immersed liked you are in the game yourself then lets face it when we are walking around in the real world we dont have our own ambient music playing. So the fact that the music wasnt a big thing while roaming around really doesnt bother me.

cmrggamer
11-25-2012, 06:02 PM
I definitely loved the ambient music in the other games, but this time around I guess it didn't really bother me that it wasn't there. I think when the Native American sounding flute or chants played (I can't remember which plays in the Frontier) it kind of reminded me that there wasn't any music playing. I love the sounds of the Frontier, though. I think its relaxing. If they wanted to put ambient music it would have be quiet enough that you can still hear the sounds of the forest.

tarrero
11-25-2012, 07:42 PM
TBH

A little bit!

AssassinVenice
11-25-2012, 08:26 PM
I missed the ambient music, just because the world felt so much more alive with it in previous AC games and also because I LOVE the new soundtrack.
There were so many possibilities to incorporate some nice tunes into the free running segments, but Ubi missed out on that...

heshesh
11-25-2012, 09:18 PM
I missed the ambient music, just because the world felt so much more alive with it in previous AC games and also because I LOVE the new soundtrack.
There were so many possibilities to incorporate some nice tunes into the free running segments, but Ubi missed out on that...

Yeah you're right i mean it was maybe the only thing they couldn't miss...