PDA

View Full Version : Please consider patching The Giant and the Storm

ShadowXion
11-25-2012, 12:01 PM
The optional objective for The Giant and the Storm is probably one of the most frustrating missions in AC. There are tactics to complete this, however even with saying that it would seem that many times exposing the powder happens either by random, or lucky chance. This seems too inconsistent.

We all like a challenge, however this mission could benefit from a glance by the devs. Please consider making the powder becoming exposed a little less "random" or at the very least add a check point after you destroy the 5 ships in the beginning to make the trial and error less tedious.

SoraTehKun
11-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Had to try a few times.. but was honestly pretty easy. Nothing compared to that one where you had to destroy the two ships unnoticed.

Kaswa101
11-25-2012, 12:13 PM
I agree that it's a pain, but it's not that bad. I would welcome a patch though, because it sucks that it's mostly luck-based. I'll never do it again though, as that thing had me raging for several frustrating tries.

montagemik
11-25-2012, 04:00 PM
What is with the recent spurt of players asking for patches or re-writes of mission parameters .
It's NOT supposed to be easy .......It's supposed to provide a challenge .

FIGURE IT OUT - PUT THE EFFORT IN YOURSELF.

"scrap the secondary objectives - i don't like failing "
"Make it so we can catch this guy easier"
"let me blow the ships up with one shot"
"Please give me this achievement or unlocked content - i can't be arsed earning it properly"

Those lines above are just a few examples of the type of requests i'm bored of seeing.
This game CAN be 100% completed - & IS NOT as difficult as AC Brotherhood
I'm no master gamer , Don't spend every waking moment playing videogames & Do not enjoy struggling through games for countless hours stuck on one tiny thing ..........IF I managed this game with little replay or effort - Surely you guys can too.
Many of us waited 3 years for this - I Wouldn't appreciate what we finally received to be DUMBED DOWN even more because someone can't be arsed figuring a mission out ..

Sorry - But it's a cert 18 / M game - it's not supposed to be as easy as LBP or pokemon. Get over it & learn.

Baked_Cookies
11-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Its just something you have to keep trying man. It took me a few attempts but actually I got the powder kegs to show up when I ran along side the ships and busted that area. Then it worked for me and thats how I told me neighbor to do it and it worked for him. Just takes a few times

Rogue-Eaglet
11-25-2012, 04:53 PM
No! While I did have to restart a few times, cause one of them frigates thought it'd be funny to sink of its own accord, it's very much doable. Sides, it's nowhere near as hard and frustrating as a certain tank in ACB.

Seriously, Montagemik is right. Optional Objectives are supposed to bring a challenge to your play of that specific memory. Making it easier would null the point of having those.

GunnarGunderson
11-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Man, I only did that mission out of luck. One of the frigates crashed into me and I took out the man o war's powder store with a pixel width of health left

Dangerzone50
11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Just like the tank missions in Ac:B that everyone was crying about, Its actually easy if you follow a simple strategy...

#1 Do NOT buy the navel ram till after this mission (you don't really need it, you wont miss it in the earlier missions... the alternate shot types and hull reinforcements are a better use of funds)
#2 Once the 3 ships show up, chain shot them and incapacitate all 3 before proceeding to step #3
#3 RAM the ships head on! after one or two full sail rams, the weak points will show up like clockwork, right at the bow, easily pickings for the swivel cannons

Notice: If you did buy the ram, then it gets a bit trickier, as you need to only go half sail, then cut the sails just before ramming into the ships. this compensates for the extra damage your ship will do (as a full sail hit with the ram will sink even a man-o-war with one good hit!)

Most of these missions have some sort of trick to getting the full-sync requirements, people are just too lazy to use their head or try different approaches