PDA

View Full Version : Completing Fort missions so enervating in AC3

npatten
11-25-2012, 09:21 AM
I had one of the most aweful mornings trying to complete one Fort Mission....I started early morning around 6:30 and still not completed....I gave up on it and will come back to it later. What I hate in the new AC3 is the way that soldiers keep appearing from nowhere. They don't even show on the radar as they used to in previous ACs....In this Fort Mission, one which is on a cliff almost, I went it, killed the officer in charged first, then went out, stayed within the perimiter of the fort and waited till the alarm ended. Then I went back it, in stealthy manner to reach the powder store and ignited it......While it blew up, I had to run out of the fort for some time just to let things cool down.....After doing all this, I found out that I forgot to raise down the flag of the fort....But when I went back to it, I realized that I've moved slightly outside the red perimeter of the fort, and every soldier in every locations reappeared again. Even those that I had killed!! So I had to start again.....I know they wanted to make it more difficult, but not by making us look stupid in the process....What is the sense of doing over the same thing again, the powder store which had been blown up even reappeared, the officer in charge also reapppeared simply because I moved out slightly outside the area of the fort......

I'm playing two games at this time, AC3 and Red Dead Redemption....It's the first AC that really gets on my nerve to the point of leaving it for something else.

Even the weapons of Connor really suck. I don't know how many time you need to slash a soldier with the hidden blade for him to be killed, as though the hidden blade is really not sharp enough. Another thing is that Connor often freezes when being shot with guns, but he freezes for too long, several bullets hit him without you being able to do anything about it...ANd you can often disycnronised because you are caught up in the gun shooting.....I really think they overdid some of the features this time....You can make it more difficult, but you don't need to make people look stupid.....WHat's the point of killing the same soldiers over and over again, and they keep appearing from nowhere....At least in Red Dead Redemption, when they are killed they are killed, you know how much you killed!! I'm simply frustrated.....I wanted to show it here to let them know if they are reading!

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 09:49 AM
What is enervating?

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2012, 09:59 AM
But fighting is so easy in this game, what's the problem?

psf22
11-25-2012, 10:06 AM
I think OP looks more stupid by saying he's shocked at being stunned after being shot, but somehow not surprised by not dying.

Jesur22
11-25-2012, 10:28 AM
You said that fighting is easy in assassins creed 3 ?!?!?!
You played other assassins creed games????
if you think it's easy to fight... fight then with the officers (Notirity level 3)
Enjoy!!!

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:30 AM
"Game hard, Game sucks"

Joke Thread

ecWarAmp
11-25-2012, 10:32 AM
I have cleared all 7 forts and i'll admit, they arent easy, but i dont think they should be easy. however at no point during this did i ever think to run all the way out of the fort. I think its pretty obvious that entering the red zone triggers the event and thus leaving it will cancel it, the same way your notorious level goes up when entering it.

ace3001
11-25-2012, 10:45 AM
I don't get this. I'm someone who usually suck at games. I play a lot of games on easy mode, because hey, it's just entertainment. Even some of AC's fights were tough for me. But since AC2, it has been really easy. AC3 is no different. The combat is a lot more enjoyable, but it's still easy.

if you think it's easy to fight... fight then with the officers (Notirity level 3)They're not any different to any of the fat, bulky enemies found in the frontier. Disarm and hack away with the tomahawk. Only thing is, the counter button -> attack button setup won't work here. Instead, it's counter button -> disarm button -> attack button. Not so difficult.

ProdiGurl
11-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Even the weapons of Connor really suck. I don't know how many time you need to slash a soldier with the hidden blade for him to be killed, as though the hidden blade is really not sharp enough. Another thing is that Connor often freezes when being shot with guns, but he freezes for too long, several bullets hit him without you being able to do anything about it...ANd you can often disycnronised because you are caught up in the gun shooting.....I really think they overdid some of the features this time....You can make it more difficult, but you don't need to make people look stupid.....WHat's the point of killing the same soldiers over and over again, and they keep appearing from nowhere....At least in Red Dead Redemption, when they are killed they are killed, you know how much you killed!! I'm simply frustrated.....I wanted to show it here to let them know if they are reading!

It's not that the weapons "suck" - they all have strength and weaknesses & that's why some weapons are better for some fights than others imo.
It means you may need to buy one at the store which is partly why you earn money.
When I tried to attack a Convoy using just the blades, I lost pretty quickly. I switched to my iron dagger & rope dart & that was all I needed.
The Tomahawk worked good too (I just prefer the speed of the dagger).
I don't see a valid complaint there on weapons, just switch it to something else.
As for him being shot..... that's another one that I don't think is valid. & if you haven't already, try to tap your 'a' (xbox) button & use a human shield before they fire (when you see the yellow triangles pop up).

psf22
11-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I Like semi-liberating forts.

Go in, kill the captain, lit the powder store, leave.

Go out the red zone, then repeat till failure.

ProletariatPleb
11-25-2012, 01:23 PM
You said that fighting is easy in assassins creed 3 ?!?!?!
You played other assassins creed games????
if you think it's easy to fight... fight then with the officers (Notirity level 3)
Enjoy!!!
Yes.
Yes.
I do fight when them, it's fun.

Just took these for your viewing pleasure, and no, it's not a high count, it's normal:

http://i.minus.com/ib2DCwfhtzQ3j2.png

http://i.minus.com/iEP2g4ahT6gNG.png

npatten
11-27-2012, 10:16 AM
I Like semi-liberating forts.

Go in, kill the captain, lit the powder store, leave.

Go out the red zone, then repeat till failure.
The fort was located on a cliff...To escape the guards, I had to jump off the cliff...Actually I was forced to jump off the cliff because of the bullets coming from all sides....I only had to swim away for the cliff just a little to go out of the red perimiter....Doing that restarted the thing all over again....I must have spent half a day trying to complete that fort mission. Connor is so weak as compared to Ezio really. He gets beaten up so easily. I do have the sword! The reloading of guns is also a big headache......

I've finished the fort now....Another hell of mission is the one where you ride a horse to catch the patriot messengers.....You ride this horse in a small forest path and every time the horse gets out of the path, it gets stuck....Sometimes, you only get over a small rock and the horse is incapable of jumping over it.....

As I said , I'm also playing another game called Red Dead Redemption at the same time, and it's surprising to see all the ressemblances....The skinning of animals to get money, the horse lose stamina.....But the game Red Dead Redemption is so much more fluid. Fluidity is important to make a game enjoyable. This is what made me love Assassin's creed so much. But a lot of the fluidity in previous versions seems to have dissapeared....I've still haven't caught up with the patriot messengers in Sequence 11 but having to ride this horse again doesnt give me any pleasure to start again. And every time I kill a soldier with the horse next to me, it starts running aways. I need to catch it first to continue my route!

npatten
11-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Yes.
Yes.
I do fight when them, it's fun.

Just took these for your viewing pleasure, and no, it's not a high count, it's normal:

http://i.minus.com/ib2DCwfhtzQ3j2.png

http://i.minus.com/iEP2g4ahT6gNG.png

You are a born killer it seems!