PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Basic Edition for Ingame Content?

OneSullenBrit
11-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Hello. I tried searching for a similar topic, but I didn't want to see any spoilers so I had to stop.
I preordered the Join or Die edition, but the shop I preordered from screwed me over and cancelled the day before release, and everywhere else was sold out. Is there any way I can 'upgrade' my standard edition of the game, so I can get the ingame content I missed out on?

Kardall79
11-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Here's what I see happening in your future, and there are a couple of possibilities.

1) Ubisoft will take the stolen codes as a sign of satan. They will then ask a customer who has pre-ordered to submit a proof of pre-order (Receipt) of the Join or Die edition. It will have a store code/sales number or at the minimum and online order confirmation #.

After they confirm that, then they can manually add it in. Same thing happened with SWTOR when it came out. I bought the CE box and all, no code period in the box. I was given a standard key so I could at least play. And then they processed my screenshot/scans of my receipt to verify that I actually did buy the CE, and then upgraded my key. Only took 3-4 Business days after launch, but all was good.

2) They will say no, and you will get upset and angry, never to buy Ubisoft again.

3) They will say no, but give you something in return of hopefully equal value in in-game value.

4) They will say yes, but only if you jump through the ring of fire. Shark Bait Oo-Ha-Ha.

OneSullenBrit
11-25-2012, 09:37 AM
That's... nice. It has nothing to do with my situation, but it's nice.

Like I said, the shop I preordered from cancelled my order. There was no 'lost code' or anything, I just ended up buying the standard edition because everywhere else was sold out of the Join or Die edition. I just want to know if there was a way I can upgrade to the special edition, or a way to buy the extra preorder ingame content.