PDA

View Full Version : From Hype to Disappointment: IGN was right! (spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 08:42 AM
This is by far the most disappointing AC game....there are positive aspects of the game that deserves mentioning but overall, the negative aspects of the game overshadows the brilliance of a would be masterpiece.

1) Desmond's ending......dafuq?

Okay, by far the worst ending I have seen from a video game. It is not due to the fact Desmond died at the end. It is due to the fact that there is little consistency and connection between this and the past game. Whatever happened to the "one that will accompany you across the gate"? Where's this Eve person? Why did Minerva tell Desmond to seek and find these lost temples to save humanity and only to find out that she wanted Desmond not to activate the temple and save billions of lives? This doesn't make sense and it contradicts what Minerva told him to do at the end of AC2. Also, none of the above questions are clearly answered. The betrayal of Juno was pretty obvious. We all knew what would happen. This ending was so obvious and not the very least exciting. We barely spent anytime with Desmond and after training him to a master assassin, Ubisoft decides to write him off. Good old Ubisoft, they promised a proper ending but instead they left the ending completely out in the open so they could make more games and money...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlynsNdO3XQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWZ1pnju_O8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWjhKHwGTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqWqNtrmblE

2) Desmond Mission

They sucked. Short, brief, and only three missions. Most of the guards act like they are 18th century soldiers. Slowly drawing out a pistol then fighting with a baton, eh?? Really realistic in terms of 21st century is concerned, and to be more specific I would like to talk about the missions.

A) Skyscraper- I was really hyped and excited when I first got to play Desmond. I was really hoping for some dramatic moments and it was all good all up until the point where he lands on the helipad. This is very stupid. They didn't allow you to control the character and inflitrate the building like a true assassin. Instead they got lazy and skipped straight to the cutscene where Desmond meets Cross. This is the best part. Cross, the highly trained assassin/ templar with hours spending in the animus decides to move within arms length and points a ***ing gun at Desmond and puts himself in a position where he could be easily disarmed. He didn't come with any backup and gets knocked out in the first second. I though there would be a fight and chase through the building but I guess we will have none of that right. They are too lazy to put it in there.

B) Brazil - Once again the bad *** Agent Cross fails miserably. Misses every shot at Desmond, enters a high speed chase and then with the highly technological era in the 21st century, engages in a fist fight with Desmond with several other templars that all have guns but too stupid to use them. Desmond somehow manages to escape through the subway unnoticed. Seriously, with all the resources the templars had, they could of easily disabled the subway system and track Desmond down. There is no way he could have escaped. Realistic much?

C) Abstergo - Just walk into Abstergo and save your daddy, kills everyone with blades, use the apple and make them all commit suicide and walks out the door like a BOSS. Right......I know this game is not realistic but you honestly think you can go up into the lion's den, get what you want and walk out unscathed? How did he managed that. They wouldn't even make it across the border with Abstergo having everything on lockdown.

---->So there you go, I was told I would get more Desmond than ever, spent some quality time with him, and expect at least 1 & 1/2 sequence worth of missions. Instead, this is 3 short missions and a bad ending. Welll played, Ubisoft.

3) Modern day Templars.

To think how important the modern story was, you'll think they make some effort telling the templar story. I mean at least show us something about narraitve Warren Vidic, Daniel Cross, Lateitia England, Alan Rikkin, master templar from ACB and more......but they decided it was unimportant. We simply killed Vidic and Cross without knowing much about them. Well, we do actually, if you read the comics and stuff but that doesn't necessarily help the new fans of the series. Because they barely included any narrative or a cutscene aside from conversations with Rebecca about Cross, it doesn't feel particularly rewarding to kill them.

4) Modern day Assassins/ AC initiates

Harlan T. Cunningham, Adirano M., assassin's that have gone dark, the ones that went into hiding. I thought you will get a chance to meet some of the team on ground. Especially since the build up from AC initiates and the past games. But no, you don't meet any of them or hear from them. Ain't that a b****** knoqing that they posted alll these things on AC initiates and we don't even get to meet them.

5) Lucy Stillman

They really decided to go along with the whole triple agent bs story, eh. I understand that she has gone dark for too long and decided to embrace the templars because they provided emotional comfort. But this doesn't make sense. Judging by the way she reacts to Desmond and she cares for him and the rest of the team and only to find out she is a traitor? It is bad enough that we had to download a DLC from ACR to find this information but I was really expecting more from AC3. The explaination wasn't even consistent enough to convince me that she has any reason to betray the assassins. Her friend Leila Marino is dead because of Vidic and his minions and she knows it. Why would she want to work with them in the first place?

6) Subject 16

Why did subject 16 hugged Desmond? Why was Desmond arm glowing at the end of ACR. These questions are inadequately explained at best. Maybe, he achieves better synchronization and reduce the bleeding effect. Maybe the arms saves Desmond when he released Juno. Yeah, this is pretty much left unanswered.

7) Huge Battlefields.....2000 NPCs?

Where? Battle of Bunker hill and we could only take one direct route from the tree line. Unlike what was previously advertised in the trailer, we can't choose which path to take before we assassinate Pitcairn. Also what happened to all the screenshots and images from "anvilnext" trailer. They are absolutely non-existent. I expected battlefields to be a huge part of the gameplay and there is only one!!!! What happened to ducking beneath branches, charging at a platoon and killing 100's of redcoats and jump in the smoke and shoot an arrow at a general? Yeah, that was misleading on Ubisoft's part.

8) Patriots Betrayal

So George Washington isn't exactly who he turns out to be and decides to sack Connor's village. And that's fine. But what happened to the hacked images showing patriot templars and Connor holding an apple at Bunker hill. We never got to do anything of that stuff. How about the "Connor's story" trailer where he kills Continental soldiers and in some way hinting that he may hunt down some of the key figures of the American revolution. Didn't happen. Inconsistent with the trailers.

9) Hunting

-"at least over two dozen animals in the game that we could engage in" ....oh really, name a few. Eagle, squirrel, crow, mouse, cows, turkey, chicken, dogs, cats, elks, deer, wolves, racoons, bobcats, cougars, hare, foxes, bears, beavers and lamb. Yup, this is not two dozens I have been informed about. At least not all of them can be hunted or actively engaged in. And why are animals so stupid? They seriously need to flee on sight when they see you but they just wait there for you to be killed. Not to mention the QTEs don't offer anything challenging. It doesn't matter if you press the wrong button. You simply press the button you intended and finish a bear. All of this is repetitive.

10) Unresponsive crowds

Jesus, what happen to the last 4 games in development. The crowds respond to you when you perform "socially unacceptable" moves like parkour or killing guards. Nowadays, they look at you at best and they don't even scream. Half of the time you cannot hear them talking unlike Revelations, Brotherhood...etc. Not to mention at Abstergo, when Desmond started killing the first two guards. Why aren't the people screaming when you killed a man. Why are there still some people standing there. This is some bad NPCs. At least not the ones I'm told about where you'll see people stealing apples and a lady falling,etc,etc, etc.

11) Short sequences, missing missions?

If one chooses to play through the main missions, I'll say they could be finished in well less than 10 hours. Not the 20 hours as advertised. The missions are fewer in each sequence too. It is only 3-4 and 5 at best. In AC2, it was at least 7-8, if not more than that. Not to mention the constant loading screen during the mission is an utter annoyance. I felt there are some missions that needed to be included between missions as well as it fails to bridge the gap between certain events in the story. We should have went to Martinique to retrieve shipment but this never happened in the main missions.

12) Soundtrack?

Although the soundtrack for AC3 is good and well made but why is it so short. Let's look at some of the past games that actually have music playing in the cities

AC2 - 1:54:35
ACR - 2:42:58
ACB - 1:07:20
AC3 - 1:03:57

What happened?? Gotten lazy?

13) Bugs Bugs, Bugs, Bugs,......

Never happened in past games or barely present but now, it is the most gltichiest game I have ever played. Drop in frame rates, blurry textures, verticle lines against the night sky, fall in maps, people popping in and out, lips not moving during cutscene, just to name a few.....

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8199/8215818506_c47cff774e_m.jpg

Here, is one of them I found after the 2nd patch in New York Underground, towards unlocking the Brewary.

13) Pass through??

Wow, is not actually usable. Never useful in getaways unlike the Boston trailer. Usually to get to the window, you have find it and climb the building slowly or try awkwardly to climb jump into it. Not really helpful and bad mechanic in game.

14) Desmond Never spins.....

So they said Desmond spins while vaulting? when did this happen? Never. The only people doing the spinning is Connor and Haythem.

13) Marketing

Anvilnext, huge battles, proper ending, bigger than ever, dynamic NPCs, Desmond important and longer than ever, 25 hours of main story missions, two dozen animals,.....blah,blah,blah....I'll give them credit for marketing methods and their "inside AC videos" where they show that they work so hard for these things to be in game only to find that none of these things are in the game. And full of glitches. This makes them good pathological liars and they will say anything to attract their customers

In conclusion, I would have to say I am absolutely upset with the way AC3 went. There are positive aspects but everything that is bad overshadows it I've been a fan since the first AC and AC2 was absolutely amazing but after ACB, ACR, and this......yup, I will say this is my last game. I know all of you are fans of the series and you are entitle to your opinion but this is pretty much sums up my experience for this game and the direction this series is going. Just down the drain, becoming like COD with little stealth elements, annual releases, and DLCs. .....and right in the s***hole

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 08:47 AM

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 08:49 AM

Okay, by far the worst ending I have seen from a video game. It is not due to the fact Desmond died at the end. It is due to the fact that there is little consistency and connection between this and the past game. Whatever happened to the "one that will accompany you across the gate"? Where's this Eve person? Why did Minerva tell Desmond to seek and find these lost temples to save humanity and only to find out that she wanted Desmond not to activate the temple and save billions of lives? This doesn't make sense and it contradicts what Minerva told him to do at the end of AC2. Also, none of the above questions are clearly answered. The betrayal of Juno was pretty obvious. We all knew what would happen. This ending was so obvious and not the very least exciting. We barely spent anytime with Desmond and after training him to a master assassin, Ubisoft decides to write him off. Good old Ubisoft, they promised a proper ending but instead they left the ending completely out in the open so they could make more games and money...

2) Desmond Mission

They sucked. Short, brief, and only three missions. Most of the guards act like they are 18th century soldiers. Slowly drawing out a pistol then fighting with a baton, eh?? Really realistic in terms of 21st century is concerned, and to be more specific I would like to talk about the missions.

A) Skyscraper- I was really hyped and excited when I first got to play Desmond. I was really hoping for some dramatic moments and it was all good all up until the point where he lands on the helipad. This is very stupid. They didn't allow you to control the character and inflitrate the building like a true assassin. Instead they got lazy and skipped straight to the cutscene where Desmond meets Cross. This is the best part. Cross, the highly trained assassin/ templar with hours spending in the animus decides to move within arms length and points a ***ing gun at Desmond and puts himself in a position where he could be easily disarmed. He didn't come with any backup and gets knocked out in the first second. I though there would be a fight and chase through the building but I guess we will have none of that right. They are too lazy to put it in there.

B) Brazil - Once again the bad *** Agent Cross fails miserably. Misses every shot at Desmond, enters a high speed chase and then with the highly technological era in the 21st century, engages in a fist fight with Desmond with several other templars that all have guns but too stupid to use them. Desmond somehow manages to escape through the subway unnoticed. Seriously, with all the resources the templars had, they could of easily disabled the subway system and track Desmond down. There is no way he could have escaped. Realistic much?

C) Abstergo - Just walk into Abstergo and save your daddy, kills everyone with blades, use the apple and make them all commit suicide and walks out the door like a BOSS. Right......I know this game is not realistic but you honestly think you can go up into the lion's den, get what you want and walk out unscathed? How did he managed that. They wouldn't even make it across the border with Abstergo having everything on lockdown.

---->So there you go, I was told I would get more Desmond than ever, spent some quality time with him, and expect at least 1 & 1/2 sequence worth of missions. Instead, this is 3 short missions and a bad ending. Welll played, Ubisoft.

3) Modern day Templars.

To think how important the modern story was, you'll think they make some effort telling the templar story. I mean at least show us something about narraitve Warren Vidic, Daniel Cross, Lateitia England, Alan Rikkin, master templar from ACB and more......but they decided it was unimportant. We simply killed Vidic and Cross without knowing much about them. Well, we do actually, if you read the comics and stuff but that doesn't necessarily help the new fans of the series. Because they barely included any narrative or a cutscene aside from conversations with Rebecca about Cross, it doesn't feel particularly rewarding to kill them.

Harlan T. Cunningham, Adirano M., assassin's that have gone dark, the ones that went into hiding. I thought you will get a chance to meet some of the team on ground. Especially since the build up from AC initiates and the past games. But no, you don't meet any of them or hear from them. Ain't that a b****** knoqing that they posted alll these things on AC initiates and we don't even get to meet them. oooh 12

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Jeez dude the game was awesome, the ending inspiring, the game play revolutionary.
Also M, what do those numbers mean?

Josegtx13
11-25-2012, 08:59 AM

oooh 12

Imma Deck you in the Schnoz!

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Imma Deck you in the Schnoz!
Godang it freezer now i have to give you more...xD

Nice to see a TFS fan here :P

and Snooper, Do not mind me. I`v just heard these things so many times I`v made a mental list of the number of times I heard them in my head..

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Jeez dude the game was awesome, the ending inspiring, the game play revolutionary.

That is fine if you think that way. Many people don't. I don't. I didn't say it was completely bad. Naval battles were fun but....yeah modern day story, glitches, yeah....not the game I thought it turns out to be.

psf22
11-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Snooper lol

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 09:05 AM

The numbers Mason! What do they mean?
http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/The+numbers+Mason+What+do+they+mean+_5d974ef6968f4 9eb50ad4c9d99bfe8da.jpg

M for Mason.. Madre de Dio..

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:05 AM
That is fine if you think that way. Many people don't. I don't. I didn't say it was completely bad. Naval battles were fun but....yeah modern day story, glitches, yeah....not the game I thought it turns out to be.
A Minority of people, mind you...

FACT..most people here liked the game..

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 09:07 AM

and Snooper, Do not mind me. I`v just heard these things so many times I`v made a mental list of the number of times I heard them in my head..
scooper not snooper

Josegtx13
11-25-2012, 09:07 AM

Are you coming onto me?

xD TFS is too hilarious

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 09:09 AM

Also most people are actually Ok with the ending, as the poll shows. But what do those numbers mean -_-

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:09 AM

Haha...fanboys to be exact. The way I see it on message boards, reviews, and other forums. People don't like this game, at least in some aspects. Well at least not the ending and modern story and such. But being Assassins_M, you are quick to jump the gun, aren't you? Well good, keep playing assassin's creed 25 annual releases and cliff hanger endings on each one. Pretty sure you'll really enjoy it then.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Are you coming onto me?

No:p

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Haha...fanboys to be exact. The way I see it on message boards, reviews, and other forums. People don't like this game, at least in some aspects. Well at least not the ending and modern story and such. But being Assassins_M, you are quick to jump the gun, aren't you? Well good, keep playing assassin's creed 25 annual releases and cliff hanger endings on each one. Pretty sure you'll really enjoy it then.

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 09:11 AM
To the OP: Much of the post contains criticism based on bad fact. And never judge a game by its hype. Try going dark for a change, as I did with any AC games after the original AC.

So many complainers actually liked the game, mind you, even if certain aspects disappointed them.

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:14 AM
To the OP: Much of the post contains criticism based on bad fact. And never judge a game by its hype. Try going dark for a change, as I did with any AC games after the original AC.

Never had one thing spoiled for me. I expected what this game to turn out the way the way trailers and developers said it would be. Of course I knew there were exaggerations but I never expected this. I mean if it is fine with you liking the game. It's okay. You are entitle to your opinion and I won't change it but the amount of problems I have experienced in this game more than any other including Revelations proves that this game was rushed and not well polished are thought out before released.

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 09:15 AM
IGN said this game was a disappointment? I must be reading another IGN then..

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Never had one thing spoiled for me. I expected what this game to turn out the way the way trailers and developers said it would be. Of course I knew there were exaggerations but I never expected this. I mean if it is fine with you liking the game. It's okay. You are entitle to your opinion and I won't change it but the amount of problems I have experienced in this game more than any other including Revelations proves that this game was rushed and not well polished are thought out before released.
Going dark, including the trailers. Trailers are always misleading.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:16 AM
the amount of problems I have experienced in this game more than any other including Revelations proves that this game was rushed and not well polished are thought out before released.

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:16 AM

So many complainers actually liked the game, mind you, even if certain aspects disappointed them.

"Certain aspects".....if you mean that the ending and the story then is pretty huge don't you think?

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:17 AM
IGN said this game was a disappointment? I must be reading another IGN then..

No they said the Desmond's story is unsatisfying and there are things that go unpolished. But there are more problems then this.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:18 AM
No they said the Desmond's story is unsatisfying and there are things that go unpolished.

Josegtx13
11-25-2012, 09:19 AM
No:p

:eek:

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:19 AM

Oh look you can write 3 digit numbers good for you.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Oh look you can write 3 digit numbers good for you.
Akh..That`s a new one

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Akh..That`s a new one

XD

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Akh..That`s a new one

Stop man, you're killing me with all the math. You need to simplify them further.

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 09:31 AM
"Certain aspects".....if you mean that the ending and the story then is pretty huge don't you think?
I get what you're saying. Search through the posts and they may surprise you, though; some loved the game even if they hated the story/ending. The game has so many issues besides those two, but what I loved about ACIII is its ambition, however unpolished it may be. You are free to check out everybody's/fanboys' past posts and find that us fans of ACIII are actually pretty vicious when it comes to criticizing the game. Lack of ambient music is one example.

psf22
11-25-2012, 09:32 AM
The longest alinea where OP talks about Desmond vs Cross is a completely useless argument.

It's comparable to, why doesn't the Bad Guy ever shoot the Hero when he's got him point blank? Because then it would be GG.

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 09:34 AM
The longest alinea where OP talks about Desmond vs Cross is a completely useless argument.

It's comparable to, why doesn't the Bad Guy ever shoot the Hero when he's got him point blank? Because then it would be GG.
To be frank, the way Cross acted throughout ACIII, no way anyone with such an unstable mind would be able to best Desmond.

psf22
11-25-2012, 09:36 AM
I get what you're saying. Search through the posts and they may surprise you, though; some loved the game even if they hated the story/ending. The game has so many issues besides those two, but what I loved about ACIII is its ambition, however unpolished it may be. You are free to check out everybody's/fanboys' past posts and find that us fans of ACIII are actually pretty vicious when it comes to criticizing the game. Lack of ambient music is one example.

I was actually quite harsh towards the ending of the game. In particular the way it was executed, but after replaying the game and rewatching the ending a few times on Youtube i'm actually not bothered by it anymore.

ace3001
11-25-2012, 09:37 AM
I feel that the OP has a couple of valid points. No question about it, Assassin's Creed III is a great game. From a purely gameplay perspective, I'd say it's even the best in the series. However, AC was never about the gameplay alone. It could've been better than what it was.
For example, Desmond missions are poorly executed. Especially the Return to Abstergo one. Why do pistol wielding guards take so long to aim their pistols? Why does Desmond openly go killing everyone when going into rescue a hostage? Granted, they're small things considering that Desmond's missions formed only a really small portion of the game.
Then there is the issue of bugs. I know that M here keeps saying that he's heard it so many times, but the fact remains that there are quite a bit of bugs in this game. None of them game breaking, of course, but minor annoyances. Like memory markers disappearing and clunky platforming in certain places.
And then, the ending. Most guys here seem to dislike it being criticized, but it really could've been better presented. As it is, it just felt too abrupt.

psf22
11-25-2012, 09:37 AM
To be frank, the way Cross acted throughout ACIII, no way anyone with such an unstable mind would be able to best Desmond.

And that^^

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:39 AM

Right....I don't even think you read my arguement. Is not just those two. I included music in one of the categories by the way just so you know.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Oh..Fan-boys like me:eek: (I`m strangely not bothered by that anymore. and I`m not going to tell someone to look through my posts to prove that I`m not a fan-boy)

So Yes...COME TO ME BROTHERS

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:41 AM
And that^^

He may be unable to best Desmond but don't forget that he was raised in the animus with year's worth of training. To act so carelessly and walk right up to Desmond with no backup or precautions. Seriously?

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Oh..Fan-boys like me:eek: (I`m strangely not bothered by that anymore. and I`m not going to tell someone to look through my posts to prove that I`m not a fan-boy)

So Yes...COME TO ME BROTHERS

why does it matter. if you are happy with the game than that's good. Enjoy it. I don't feel the same way. Maybe is the amount of glitches. You are lucky you haven't experienced any.

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 09:42 AM
I was actually quite harsh towards the ending of the game. In particular the way it was executed, but after replaying the game and rewatching the ending a few times on Youtube i'm actually not bothered by it anymore.
I actually bum rushed the game my second time around and didn't proceed to insert the power sources until the very end. I viewed the Juno scenes with the ending immediately after altogether as one big ending, which actually helped a lot. I wouldn't suggest any first time players to view those scenes with so many hours in between the power source insertions.

Right....I don't even think you read my arguement. Is not just those two. I included music in one of the categories by the way just so you know.
I did read your argument. What I posted was something more general.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:44 AM
why does it matter. if you are happy with the game than that's good. Enjoy it. I don't feel the same way. Maybe is the amount of glitches. You are lucky you haven't experienced any.
It matters because you gave SO MUCH for criticism and less than a line for positives..

You said there are good things....GIVE THEM PROPER MENTIONS..even if they`re over shadowed...

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:47 AM
I feel that the OP has a couple of valid points. No question about it, Assassin's Creed III is a great game. From a purely gameplay perspective, I'd say it's even the best in the series. However, AC was never about the gameplay alone. It could've been better than what it was.
For example, Desmond missions are poorly executed. Especially the Return to Abstergo one. Why do pistol wielding guards take so long to aim their pistols? Why does Desmond openly go killing everyone when going into rescue a hostage? Granted, they're small things considering that Desmond's missions formed only a really small portion of the game.
Then there is the issue of bugs. I know that M here keeps saying that he's heard it so many times, but the fact remains that there are quite a bit of bugs in this game. None of them game breaking, of course, but minor annoyances. Like memory markers disappearing and clunky platforming in certain places.
And then, the ending. Most guys here seem to dislike it being criticized, but it really could've been better presented. As it is, it just felt too abrupt.

Exactly, I defended AC3 when it first came out but after seeing a number of flaws, I simply cannot choose to ignore it and pretend is not there.

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:49 AM
It matters because you gave SO MUCH for criticism and less than a line for positives..

You said there are good things....GIVE THEM PROPER MENTIONS..even if they`re over shadowed...

I didn't want to drag to long because I will have to write a whole lot more which doesn't help getting my point across. To list a few: naval missions, peg leg, homestead, economy (sort of good and bad), combat, and freerunning. I don't completely hate the game, but as I said before, there are alot of things that ruins this game. It could have been much better.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:52 AM
I didn't want to drag to long because I will have to write a whole lot more which doesn't help getting my point across. To list a few: naval missions, peg leg, homestead, economy (sort of good and bad), combat, and freerunning. I don't completely hate the game, but as I said before, there are alot of things that ruins this game. It could have been much better.
give positives the same treatment as you gave negatives....right now you`re unfair...and I MAY continue joking..

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 09:55 AM
give positives the same treatment as you gave negatives....right now you`re unfair...and I MAY continue joking..

I agree with M

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:55 AM

I weight them equally. However, the amount of bad things in this game for me is more than the good. The story in AC is the most important and it is what kept me buying the last five games. Connor's story was done decently. There are a few hiccups but it was okay. Not as exciting as Ezio. And you already know about the modern story. And besides, it doesn't necessarily support my arguement for my post. The whole point is to point out the flaws.

psf22
11-25-2012, 09:56 AM

It's been obvious to me that Desmond has always been used as a plot device, although they seem to hint to more, and everything that concerned 'his gameplay' was done just to give it a bit more duality and meaning. If the guards and all those irrelevant details were worked out 'better', then everyone would be going: "The Desmond pieces are so hard etc" when it's never been about 'his gameplay' to begin with. It's more of a pass through segment(s) and nothing more.

Regardless I found his missions the most enjoyable compared to games past.

If they ever decide to let the game occur in real time then it should just ditch the historical ancestry angle and go all out. When or even if that happens you can then legitimately criticize them for being lazy or not creative etc. As it is of right now it's still open.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:58 AM
I weight them equally. Haha.......No

However, the amount of bad things in this game for me is more than the good. The story in AC is the most important and it is what kept me buying the last five games. Connor's story was done decently. There are a few hiccups but it was okay. Not as exciting as Ezio. And you already know about the modern story. And besides, it doesn't necessarily support my arguement for my post. The whole point is to point out the flaws.

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Haha.......No

12345678910....tada...im so smart

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 10:00 AM
I saw the comparison of soundtracks' lengths, and they're factually incorrect.

psf22
11-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Soundtrack length? Really?

Assassin_M
It amazes me how someone who lists no wrong in the game is automatically labeled a fan-boy, but anyone who lists no good is entitled to this.....Yeah No..

monster_rambo
I saw the comparison of soundtracks' lengths, and they're factually incorrect.

Go on youtube and search the soundtracks. Have a good listen.

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Go on youtube and search the soundtracks. Have a good listen.
We're not arguing about the quality of the music. So much of the tracks from the actual game didn't make it on the official soundtrack, so the collection is not as short as you made it out to be.

It amazes me how someone who lists no wrong in the game is automatically labeled a fan-boy, but anyone who lists no good is entitled to this.....Yeah No..
You score something a 7, you are "honest." You score something a 8+, you are "bought."

agentpoop
11-25-2012, 10:07 AM
i completely agree with OP. I'm a hardcore fan of the series and this AC3 story was a slap to the face.

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 10:08 AM

Do you happen to write essays with contradicting arguments? It doesn't help the reader and it is confusing. It is best to state your thesis and support your argument so that it is clear and coherent. But okay, I already gave you a list of things that are good in the game. It's a short list and not much to talk about and despite what it has to offer, it is in no way nearly enough to cover the amount of flaws it has.

Theguy8585
11-25-2012, 10:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smw8RhEaBPU

Why aren't there MORE MISSIONS like a WOLF in SHEEPS CLOTHING, I Really miss these platform chase sequences SO MUCH, does anyone else.
Everyone please watch the video above, this is what I MISS, these types of chase sequences, they were so exciting so incredible, so much fun, what happened to these? Why are there so few of them. I'll gladly take a smaller world for more exciting sequences like this.
Man, each new assassin's creed disappoints me, maybe I have fond memories, but I loved AC:Brotherhood so much, and one of the reasons was how exciting chases felt, such as this one. Am I the only one that misses this stuff. I swear Revelations lacked them, and so did ACIII, so many follow target and listen in on conversation. It saddens me. Because theres no other series that has the potential to deliver this particular type of thrill. I also the miss fast combat of brotherhood, now its so boring, and just as easy. I miss chaining 90 kills and shooting enemies through each other by simply holding the gun button down and aiming through the enemy to target another one. And please add an option to remove the slow motion on every last kill.

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 10:10 AM
We're not arguing about the quality of the music. So much of the tracks from the actual game didn't make it on the official soundtrack, so the collection is not as short as you made it out to be.

You score something a 7, you are "honest." You score something a 8+, you are "bought."
I give AC3 an 9, bro and rev 6, 2 5, 1 8
(2 5 cause I don't like Ezio all that much) as you can see I rated AC 1, and 3 more than 8. am I bought? No ?am I honest? yes

monster_rambo

well, I raged when IGN gave it an 8.5/10. Thought it at least deserves 9.5/10. After finishing the game. 8.5/10 is a good score. That's the best they deserve.

Assassin_M
Do you happen to write essays with contradicting arguments? It doesn't help the reader and it is confusing. It is best to state your thesis and support your argument so that it is clear and coherent. But okay, I already gave you a list of things that are good in the game. It's a short list and not much to talk about and despite what it has to offer, it is in no way nearly enough to cover the amount of flaws it has.
I`v seen numerous reviews here..making a prefect balance between what they saw good and what they saw bad...Reviews and complaints are not essays...You do not need me to tell you that...

You`re like this... "The game was so bad...it was like...the worst ever..because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because ...oh and that bit was good"

"But the game is good"

"FAN-BOY"

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 10:12 AM
I`v seen numerous reviews here..making a prefect balance between what they saw good and what they saw bad...Reviews and complaints are not essays...You do not need me to tell you that...

You`re like this... "The game was so bad...it was like...the worst ever..because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because ...oh and that bit was good"

"But the game is good"

"FAN-BOY"
Bacicaly

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 10:14 AM

"But the game is good"

"FAN-BOY"

Wait, I thought you didn't care about being called a fan boy. I didn't even say fan boy in the last few post except the first reply so why do you keep mentioning it?

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 10:14 AM

"But the game is good"

"FAN-BOY"

lmao

psf22
11-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Wait, I thought you didn't care about being called a fan boy. I didn't even say fan boy in the last few post except the first reply so why do you keep mentioning it?

He says this because you used it as an argument to enhance, validate your point.

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 10:19 AM
well, I raged when IGN gave it an 8.5/10. Thought it at least deserves 9.5/10. After finishing the game. 8.5/10 is a good score. That's the best they deserve.
I think I agree with the score, but that article was not well-written.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:19 AM
You used Fan-boy....I used it against you...Counter it..not go around it

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 10:20 AM
He says this because you used it as an argument to enhance, validate your point.

No, is because he really cares that he cares being called a fan boy. I'm probably not the first and probably not the last person to call him that. Whatever, fanboy.

psf22
11-25-2012, 10:21 AM
No, is because he really cares that he cares being called a fan boy. I'm probably not the first and probably not the last person to call him that. Whatever, fanboy.

Oh wow, what a weak response.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:22 AM
He can`t find a suitable reply to my argument so he resorts to derogatory terms xD

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 10:23 AM
He can`t find a suitable reply to my argument so he resorts to derogatory terms xD
He has yet to counter my argument about the soundtrack's length.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:24 AM
He has yet to counter my argument about the soundtrack's length.
So That`s........2

You`re Awesome, OP

I guess we have a new "Legends7788" :rolleyes:

psf22
11-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Oh btw M: "you really care that you care.. "

Maybe nerves?

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Oh btw M: "you really care that you care.. "

Maybe nerves?
No..Ribs

infamous_ezio
11-25-2012, 10:35 AM
The game wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The story lacked on so many points. The ending was under whelming, the Desmond missions were also a joke... But I suppose I had my hopes up way too high. This game had Alot of potential, but it just seems like it's getting watered down (story wise). Brotherhood was the climax, from
Revelations it just went down, Christ sales one of the main story points was revealed as dlc...

phantommoth
11-25-2012, 10:49 AM
This is by far the most disappointing AC game....there are positive aspects of the game that deserves mentioning but overall, the negative aspects of the game overshadows the brilliance of a would be masterpiece.

2) Desmond Mission

3) Modern day Templars.

Harlan T. Cunningham, Adirano M., assassin's that have gone dark, the ones that went into hiding. I thought you will get a chance to meet some of the team on ground. Especially since the build up from AC initiates and the past games. But no, you don't meet any of them or hear from them. Ain't that a b****** knoqing that they posted alll these things on AC initiates and we don't even get to meet them.

5) Lucy Stillman

They really decided to go along with the whole triple agent bs story, eh. I understand that she has gone dark for too long and decided to embrace the templars because they provided emotional comfort. But this doesn't make sense. Judging by the way she reacts to Desmond and she cares for him and the rest of the team and only to find out she is a traitor? It is bad enough that we had to download a DLC from ACR to find this information but I was really expecting more from AC3. The explaination wasn't even consistent enough to convince me that she has any reason to betray the assassins. Her friend Leila Marino is dead because of Vidic and his minions and she knows it. Why would she want to work with them in the first place?

6) Subject 16

Why did subject 16 hugged Desmond? Why was Desmond arm glowing at the end of ACR. These questions are inadequately explained at best. Maybe, he achieves better synchronization and reduce the bleeding effect. Maybe the arms saves Desmond when he released Juno. Yeah, this is pretty much left unanswered.

7) Huge Battlefields.....2000 NPCs?

Where? Battle of Bunker hill and we could only take one direct route from the tree line. Unlike what was previously advertised in the trailer, we can't choose which path to take before we assassinate Pitcairn. Also what happened to all the screenshots and images from "anvilnext" trailer. They are absolutely non-existent. I expected battlefields to be a huge part of the gameplay and there is only one!!!! What happened to ducking beneath branches, charging at a platoon and killing 100's of redcoats and jump in the smoke and shoot an arrow at a general? Yeah, that was misleading on Ubisoft's part.

8) Patriots Betrayal

So George Washington isn't exactly who he turns out to be and decides to sack Connor's village. And that's fine. But what happened to the hacked images showing patriot templars and Connor holding an apple at Bunker hill. We never got to do anything of that stuff. How about the "Connor's story" trailer where he kills Continental soldiers and in some way hinting that he may hunt down some of the key figures of the American revolution. Didn't happen. Inconsistent with the trailers.

9) Hunting

-"at least over two dozen animals in the game that we could engage in" ....oh really, name a few. Eagle, squirrel, crow, mouse, cows, turkey, chicken, dogs, cats, elks, deer, wolves, racoons, bobcats, cougars, hare, foxes, bears, beavers and lamb. Yup, this is not two dozens I have been informed about. At least not all of them can be hunted or actively engaged in. And why are animals so stupid? They seriously need to flee on sight when they see you but they just wait there for you to be killed. Not to mention the QTEs don't offer anything challenging. It doesn't matter if you press the wrong button. You simply press the button you intended and finish a bear. All of this is repetitive.

10) Unresponsive crowds

Jesus, what happen to the last 4 games in development. The crowds respond to you when you perform "socially unacceptable" moves like parkour or killing guards. Nowadays, they look at you at best and they don't even scream. Half of the time you cannot hear them talking unlike Revelations, Brotherhood...etc. Not to mention at Abstergo, when Desmond started killing the first two guards. Why aren't the people screaming when you killed a man. Why are there still some people standing there. This is some bad NPCs. At least not the ones I'm told about where you'll see people stealing apples and a lady falling,etc,etc, etc.

11) Short sequences, missing missions?

If one chooses to play through the main missions, I'll say they could be finished in well less than 10 hours. Not the 20 hours as advertised. The missions are fewer in each sequence too. It is only 3-4 and 5 at best. In AC2, it was at least 7-8, if not more than that. Not to mention the constant loading screen during the mission is an utter annoyance. I felt there are some missions that needed to be included between missions as well as it fails to bridge the gap between certain events in the story. We should have went to Martinique to retrieve shipment but this never happened in the main missions.

12) Soundtrack?

Although the soundtrack for AC3 is good and well made but why is it so short. Let's look at some of the past games that actually have music playing in the cities

AC2 - 1:54:35
ACR - 2:42:58
ACB - 1:07:20
AC3 - 1:03:57

What happened?? Gotten lazy?

13) Bugs Bugs, Bugs, Bugs,......

Never happened in past games or barely present but now, it is the most gltichiest game I have ever played. Drop in frame rates, blurry textures, verticle lines against the night sky, fall in maps, people popping in and out, lips not moving during cutscene, just to name a few.....

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8199/8215818506_c47cff774e_m.jpg

Here, is one of them I found after the 2nd patch in New York Underground, towards unlocking the Brewary.

13) Pass through??

Wow, is not actually usable. Never useful in getaways unlike the Boston trailer. Usually to get to the window, you have find it and climb the building slowly or try awkwardly to climb jump into it. Not really helpful and bad mechanic in game.

14) Desmond Never spins.....

So they said Desmond spins while vaulting? when did this happen? Never. The only people doing the spinning is Connor and Haythem.

13) Marketing

Anvilnext, huge battles, proper ending, bigger than ever, dynamic NPCs, Desmond important and longer than ever, 25 hours of main story missions, two dozen animals,.....blah,blah,blah....I'll give them credit for marketing methods and their "inside AC videos" where they show that they work so hard for these things to be in game only to find that none of these things are in the game. And full of glitches. This makes them good pathological liars and they will say anything to attract their customers

In conclusion, I would have to say I am absolutely upset with the way AC3 went. There are positive aspects but everything that is bad overshadows it I've been a fan since the first AC and AC2 was absolutely amazing but after ACB, ACR, and this......yup, I will say this is my last game. I know all of you are fans of the series and you are entitle to your opinion but this is pretty much sums up my experience for this game and the direction this series is going. Just down the drain, becoming like COD with little stealth elements, annual releases, and DLCs. .....and right in the s***hole

I only joined the forum to tell you this: Man......you know my mind!!!!!! we must have been brothers somewhere in the history!!!

You said everything I wanted to say about this game (by the way....game? did UBISOFT call this a GAME? where was the fun part?)

Everything they promised was not there.....and everything good about AC games are gone like a fart in the wind............

Seriously.......what happened???? I've been a fan since the first AC and I've been anticipating AC3 for so long (right after AC2)....But this? This pointlessly glitch game they called AC3? It is the last dollars I would spend on the series.....

BeCk41
11-25-2012, 10:50 AM
I didn't read this entire list because I'm not done with the game yet, but it definitely wasn't "the best game" in my opinion. I didn't understand why Ubi had to dang near change everything! I thought the past games were fine and they didn't have to start all the way over on a new slate. The dialog is aggravatingly long and just skip all the cut-scenes because their so long. Story wise, I don't even know whats going on anymore- it's like Connor is getting confused about who he is fighting for; the Templar's or the Assassins, which makes us confused as well.

The characters are also expelling an entire variety of anger I never knew would happen. Connor seems mad at everyone and everything- blaming others for destroying his village which makes him very ignorant and unlikable as a character. So far Mr. Kenaway is the only one I like in this game as he seems to be the only one with his act together.

ace3001
11-25-2012, 10:54 AM
The dialog is aggravatingly long and just skip all the cut-scenes because their so long. Story wise, I don't even know whats going on anymore- it's like Connor is getting confused about who he is fighting for; the Templar's or the Assassins, which makes us confused as well.The reason for your confusion is right here in this quote.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:56 AM
What`s with the over reaction ?? "We`re like brothers oh you read my mind" ?? What`s wrong with "Excellent points. I agree with you" with a little spice added there, Huh ??

psf22
11-25-2012, 10:56 AM
I didn't read this entire list because I'm not done with the game yet, but it definitely wasn't "the best game" in my opinion. I didn't understand why Ubi had to dang near change everything! I thought the past games were fine and they didn't have to start all the way over on a new slate. The dialog is aggravatingly long and just skip all the cut-scenes because their so long. Story wise, I don't even know whats going on anymore- it's like Connor is getting confused about who he is fighting for; the Templar's or the Assassins, which makes us confused as well.

The characters are also expelling an entire variety of anger I never knew would happen. Connor seems mad at everyone and everything- blaming others for destroying his village which makes him very ignorant and unlikable as a character. So far Mr. Kenaway is the only one I like in this game as he seems to be the only one with his act together.

Highlighted: replace 'us' to singular POV

ACfan443
11-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Although the game wasn't terrible and I did enjoy Connor's story, I have to agree with the OP on a lot of the points. The game was definitely over hyped and everything about Desmond's plot was executed poorly. The main reason I bought AC3 was for the modern day plot, previous games had got me so excited for it, but it was a huge let down.

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Can't talk about others but I'm finding the dialogs of this game a lot more engaging that the other ACs. the facial animations and VA really put life into them. Why would anyone want to skip them? O.o

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Can't talk about others but I'm finding the dialogs of this game a lot more engaging that the other ACs. the facial animations and VA really put life into them. Why would anyone want to skip them? O.o
Meh too long...not going to listen..lol

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Might as well delete AC and play CoD.. No dialogs total action. >.<

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 11:52 AM
What scares me is that there are pro mag reviewers who claimed to skip cutscenes, yet thought they have the right to criticize the story. Don't get me started on skipped side quests...

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 11:53 AM
What scares me is that there are pro mag reviewers who claimed to skip cutscenes, yet thought they have the right to criticize the story. Don't get me started on skipped side quests...
Does it matter if they`re Pro or not ?? Idiots are idiots..Pro or not

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 11:55 AM

I have just started the game, so in no position to judge how the later cutscenes are, but I didn't ever feel like skipping a cutscene O.o Whenever a cutscene starts i let go of my controller, sit back and enjoy.. not get impatient xD

LightRey
11-25-2012, 12:22 PM
point 6 is ******ed. Subject 16 hugged Desmond to protect him from deletion, nothing more. Desmond's arm was glowing later and later only later, because of his TWCB genes. What you saw glowing when S16 hugged Desmond was the stuff that was being deleted or the stuff that was protecting Desmond.

Stop supporting this ridiculous theory. It was proven wrong long ago.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 12:23 PM
point 6 is ******ed. Subject 16 hugged Desmond to protect him from deletion, nothing more. Desmond's arm was glowing later and later only later, because of his TWCB genes. What you saw glowing when S16 hugged Desmond was the stuff that was being deleted or the stuff that was protecting Desmond.

Stop supporting this ridiculous theory. It was proven wrong long ago.
You`re late to the party..

I already scared him off :P

ace3001
11-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Assassin's Creed isn't a game series for those who want to skip cutscenes and "jump into the action", and I hope it stays that way.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 12:48 PM
You`re late to the party..

I already scared him off :P
Doesn't matter. Had to be said.

psf22
11-25-2012, 12:51 PM

lol

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Doesn't matter. Had to be said.

Had to be you. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.

xD

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Had to be you. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.

xD
What's a salarian doing here? Nobody told us anything about this.

MasterAssasin84
11-25-2012, 01:59 PM

But Many people do think the game is awesome including myself , the reason why you dont hear of it on these forums as much as you do complaints is people are busy enjoying the game.

I think the problem people are having is that they having an issue with the change of direction , i garauntee you that if it was complete repaint of Revelations or Brotherhood people will be more
pissed off.

I kind of feel for ubi because it seems that no matter what they do people are always quick to flame them and very rarely hear compliments, these are the same people that reguarly come on hear and moan but still go out and buy these games. Listen everyone is entitled to their opinions but what people fail to take into consideration is the game has to evolve to keep it fresh, you would not want to see Assassins Creed go down the Call of Duty route would you.

I am in no way flaming everyones opinion but i do believe that ubi made a bold decision to go down this route and i think they pulled it off well, i just love the complexity of Connors situation
He is torn between the Assassins and Fighting for his people !!

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 02:05 PM
remember when everyone was ****ting about how bland Connor was, and in the polls he was ahead by a mile?

remember when everyone was putting down AC3 but when asked to rate it most listed it as the best AC?

yeah, the hate on the forums can be very misleading. Complainers are usually more vocal than the others, and always seem larger in number than they actually are.

Donpedro13
11-25-2012, 02:31 PM
I agree with the OP mostly. They seriously ****ed up the whole storyline since the killing of Lucy. Am i pissed? No, because i haven't bought any AC games since Revelations. Also, yes, because they ruined one of my favorite games :/

rocketxsurgeon
11-25-2012, 02:35 PM
But Many people do think the game is awesome including myself , the reason why you dont hear of it on these forums as much as you do complaints is people are busy enjoying the game.

I think the problem people are having is that they having an issue with the change of direction , i garauntee you that if it was complete repaint of Revelations or Brotherhood people will be more
pissed off.

I kind of feel for ubi because it seems that no matter what they do people are always quick to flame them and very rarely hear compliments, these are the same people that reguarly come on hear and moan but still go out and buy these games. Listen everyone is entitled to their opinions but what people fail to take into consideration is the game has to evolve to keep it fresh, you would not want to see Assassins Creed go down the Call of Duty route would you.

I am in no way flaming everyones opinion but i do believe that ubi made a bold decision to go down this route and i think they pulled it off well, i just love the complexity of Connors situation
He is torn between the Assassins and Fighting for his people !!

I agree with you completely. I really enjoyed the game actually.
At the end of the day, there are soem things i thought they could have done better with the game, but ubi cant satisfy everyone.

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 02:37 PM
I agree with the OP mostly. They seriously ****ed up the whole storyline since the killing of Lucy. Am i pissed? No, because i haven't bought any AC games since Revelations. Also, yes, because they ruined one of my favorite games :/

You agree with OP about a game you haven't bought? Genius detected.

xboxauditore
11-25-2012, 02:40 PM
The game was good, Glitches were bad.

You people are negative, Stop and enjoy the game for once.

Donpedro13
11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
You agree with OP about a game you haven't bought? Genius detected.

Piracy my friend, piracy...

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Sigh. them I'm very happy you were disappointed from this game xD

pacmanate
11-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Lets be honest, Ubisoft lied a lot about what was going to be in this game.

"Assassin's don't twirl, it is why Desmond has his own move set" said Alex *shows of Desmonds twirl*

*Player puts in AC3 and plays as Connor. Vaults over something and twirls*

Connor twirls, Desmond doesn't have his own move set, Desmond never needs to twirl (I think). Desmond missions aren't as long as 2 sequences worth, lost mayan ruins isn't 20 minutes of gameplay it is around 7 max. I could go on but...

LightRey
11-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Piracy my friend, piracy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbkTgYZAuFQ

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Lets be honest, Ubisoft lied a lot about what was going to be in this game.

"Assassin's don't twirl, it is why Desmond has his own move set" said Alex *shows of Desmonds twirl*

*Player puts in AC3 and plays as Connor. Vaults over something and twirls*

Connor twirls, Desmond doesn't have his own move set, Desmond never needs to twirl (I think). Desmond missions aren't as long as 2 sequences worth, lost mayan ruins isn't 20 minutes of gameplay it is around 7 max. I could go on but...

This. They did give us a lot of BS and room for misinterpretation before release.

DavisP92
11-25-2012, 04:00 PM
to be honest the OP does make a few good points, the game was kinda disappointing (imo) because I was expecting to play an amazing game one that would change AC forever. Bring it back to what made AC1 amazing, add AC2's story and emotional pull, and improve on the recruits of ACB and ACR. But it failed in some aspects and succeeded in others.

The gameplay was better, more stealth :) (needs even more though), I liked Connor and Achilles, homestead, and hunting (needs more animals and more animal animations/interactions).

However, the story wasn't as great as AC2 (which had me drawn to it from start to finish) AC3 kinda had me interested in it, but then just became... idk really, meh-ish. Sync. system kinda made the game more annoying rather than challenging, hunting was too easy, not enough paths to kill our targets, way too many glitches (i haven't experienced them really though), recruits were pretty bad, and dumb lies by Ubisoft (different animations, Connor's are completely different from Ezio's animations. Yet they reused a few kill animations, and then Desmond who was suppose to have different parkour animations from Connor didn't)

All in all I still like the game, and will go back to it from time to time. But this game compared to AC1 and AC2 (for me) isn't at their level, I could go back to those games all the time and play AC2 from start to finish and AC1 I would do certain missions i liked. I haven't played AC3 really after I beat it, It doesn't pull me in like the first two.

About the soundtrack that the OP didn't reply about, idk how the length of the soundtrack matters, but AC3's music that appeared in the game didn't feel as amazing as AC2. But honestly for me the only song I really liked in AC2 was Ezio's Family.

Side note: I would like Ubisoft to some how give us a way to find our missions, both main and side, with the hud off and us in eagle vision. If you are in the Frontier with the hud off how can you find your way to boston, new york, or the hunting cabins???

MasterAssasin84
11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
to be honest the OP does make a few good points, the game was kinda disappointing (imo) because I was expecting to play an amazing game one that would change AC forever. Bring it back to what made AC1 amazing, add AC2's story and emotional pull, and improve on the recruits of ACB and ACR. But it failed in some aspects and succeeded in others.

The gameplay was better, more stealth :) (needs even more though), I liked Connor and Achilles, homestead, and hunting (needs more animals and more animal animations/interactions).

However, the story wasn't as great as AC2 (which had me drawn to it from start to finish) AC3 kinda had me interested in it, but then just became... idk really, meh-ish. Sync. system kinda made the game more annoying rather than challenging, hunting was too easy, not enough paths to kill our targets, way too many glitches (i haven't experienced them really though), recruits were pretty bad, and dumb lies by Ubisoft (different animations, Connor's are completely different from Ezio's animations. Yet they reused a few kill animations, and then Desmond who was suppose to have different parkour animations from Connor didn't)

All in all I still like the game, and will go back to it from time to time. But this game compared to AC1 and AC2 (for me) isn't at their level, I could go back to those games all the time and play AC2 from start to finish and AC1 I would do certain missions i liked. I haven't played AC3 really after I beat it, It doesn't pull me in like the first two.

About the soundtrack that the OP didn't reply about, idk how the length of the soundtrack matters, but AC3's music that appeared in the game didn't feel as amazing as AC2. But honestly for me the only song I really liked in AC2 was Ezio's Family.

Side note: I would like Ubisoft to some how give us a way to find our missions, both main and side, with the hud off and us in eagle vision. If you are in the Frontier with the hud off how can you find your way to boston, new york, or the hunting cabins???

Thats would be cool actualy , to make better use of Connors Eagle vision.

Torvaldesq
11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
remember when everyone was ****ting about how bland Connor was, and in the polls he was ahead by a mile?

remember when everyone was putting down AC3 but when asked to rate it most listed it as the best AC?

yeah, the hate on the forums can be very misleading. Complainers are usually more vocal than the others, and always seem larger in number than they actually are.

Polls on a forum for fans of the game? Funny, I've seen complainers on this forum outnumbered (not just in polls) by fans. The old, "It's just that the forum attracts more complaints" line is weak. Works much better for game forums where a game has different classes and people come to the forums to complain about their class being underpowered or another class being overpowered.

And give me a break on the idea that Connor is a good character. Connor is bland. If some people on an Ubisoft forum think it's a well-written character, it's just a testament to the willingness of fans to lower standards for game writing.

Game characters tend to not be too deep to begin with. But even as a game character, Connor isn't even as well done as Ezio was after Ezio had only one game. Connor just blandly keeps doing missions helping the colonials after finding out George Washington burned his village when he was a child AND after he sends a raid to the village a second time. He shows no real personality, except for occasional looks of disdain to everyone while giving some weak "liberty" dialogue in a monotone, passionless voice. A solidly written character would have actually shown real struggle over whether he should be supporting the British or the colonials, given that he's from a tribe of the Iroquois Confederacy. Instead you don't get struggle. You get one or two boring moments where he says, "I have my doubts" then proceeds to do or say nothing to any other character that demonstrates real doubt. His relationship with the revolutionaries was about as boring as it could be.

Connor was dull. He COULD have been a good character. The background he started out with had a lot of potential. Don't confuse potential with realization though. He didn't realize the potential of being a half-native in colonial america. He squandered it. His character had potential from the fact that his mother died in a raid sanctioned by Washington during the Seven Years war and the fact that most of the tribes chose the British. Again, he squandered that potential. He had potential from being the son of a templar. Again, squandered potential. (Between the two, it seems any good dialogue only came from Haytham). He shouldn't have another game. His greatest potential was in THIS game in THIS conflict with THAT cast of characters, and the potential wasn't met.

Best they move on and go to a different era. Maybe Connor can get a cameo as a super old man training as Assassin who is active during the civil war.

Torvaldesq
11-25-2012, 06:45 PM

Why would anyone need to give positives the same treatment as negatives? What an absurd statement. This is not the first game in a series. When AC 1 came out, I had a lot of positive and negative things to say about that game. I felt the side missions in it were dull and overly repetitive (things such as eavesdropping, not even counting the "collect the flag" sidequest that seemed to have no purpose). The combat was a little too simple (press counter to win). But I also told friends about what was good. The story was pretty original and impressive. The size and scope of the city details was amazing, the exploration system was impressive. Later games improved on lots of things. Sidquests got a lot better in AC 2 from AC 1. Free-running improved a lot. Multiplayer was incredibly fun when it was introduced in Brotherhood.

When you are reviewing an original game, the "good" needs more commentary. When you are reviewing a sequel in a game franchise with numerous other entries, there's an assumption that most of what works about the series was kept. The commentary should be focused on what the sequel brings to the table that the others don't. In the case of AC 3, that's mostly going to be bad. And it's sad, because it could have been much better. The game feels like it was rushed.

dchil279
11-25-2012, 07:13 PM

true, but FACT: EVERYONE who has been a fan from the beginning of AC is disappointed that the past few games have been getting dumbed down and the plotlines have become less intricate and more linear... except you

LightRey
11-25-2012, 07:19 PM
true, but FACT: EVERYONE who has been a fan from the beginning of AC is disappointed that the past few games have been getting dumbed down and the plotlines have become less intricate and more linear... except you
That's not a fact at all. It never ceases to amaze me how people like yourself are so easily duped into thinking there's some kind of majority when more people complain than compliment. Complainers are always overrepresented, especially ​on the internet.

Jexx21
11-25-2012, 07:26 PM
I actually believe that the plotlines have been getting more intricate and less linear- on the borderline of being convoluted.

trever09
11-25-2012, 07:45 PM
http://images.wikia.com/dragonage/images/2/2a/Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

DTfunjumper
11-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Anothe fun fact: Many complain about the complainers not having enough compliments. I wrote a small review with MANY positive things about AC and also saying it was an overall very good game with many buts and i got totally ignored because for some reason complainers attract people much more^^ So what really is happening is that you are FEEDING THEM to complain even more. I mean, he's right on many things and i would have a lot mor to add!

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Anothe fun fact: Many complain about the complainers not having enough compliments. I wrote a small review with MANY positive things about AC and also saying it was an overall very good game with many buts and i got totally ignored because for some reason complainers attract people much more^^ So what really is happening is that you are FEEDING THEM to complain even more. I mean, he's right on many things and i would have a lot mor to add!
I am so sorry for missing your review. I usually try to bump such thread, but your fun fact is quite true...and sad.

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:00 PM
I am so sorry for missing your review. I usually try to bump such thread, but your fun fact is quite true...and sad.

Whoever said this was a review? AC has made 5 games. If it is anything, I really wish I could say a lot of positive things about this game but unfortunately there isn't much and this is not the point of this thread. The point is to point out the flaws. And the length of the soundtracks? The fact that it is too short is a fact that they haven't including enough music in it. Like the ambient music in the city everyone wants. This is the first AC game i haven't heard anything from the city.

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:02 PM

Oh and I do have every right to complain because the fact is Ubisoft lied alot of things about the game. I was expecting the things in the game to turn the way it is suppose to like epic battlefields. We had one and it was completely linear. Give me some good points about the game besides saying "oh people who like this game is a fan-boy".

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 09:02 PM
And me (I actually loved the ending) and loads of others.

Baked_Cookies
11-25-2012, 09:17 PM
OMFG please can some Mods delete all the same freakin threads that pop up about the same freakin thing. What are mods for? I mean this is crazy every 10 minutes there is a new post about something like this. Please going on here and crying your little heart out about how you wasted 60 bucks or Ubi lost a customer and all that BS is just that BS. Please F off man Im so tired of people that cant respect the things that are produced for them. Yes the game has flaws but jesus people just be happy great games like this exist. I said it on another one of these threads and Ill say it again. PATHETIC!

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:21 PM
OMFG please can some Mods delete all the same freakin threads that pop up about the same freakin thing. What are mods for? I mean this is crazy every 10 minutes there is a new post about something like this. Please going on here and crying your little heart out about how you wasted 60 bucks or Ubi lost a customer and all that BS is just that BS. Please F off man Im so tired of people that cant respect the things that are produced for them. Yes the game has flaws but jesus people just be happy great games like this exist. I said it on another one of these threads and Ill say it again. PATHETIC!

Why don't you bring up so good points besides saying this thread should be deleted ? Everyone has a right to express their opinion and besides the fact they lied about the game mechanics and this game has not just minor but major flaws like its plot proves that this game deserves no respect. Is their 5th game so it shouldn't be like this.

FrankieSatt
11-25-2012, 09:27 PM

That not only has flaws but it's no where near the game that AC2 was. Games only get better when the dev team knows that people have problems with the game and the decisions that were made. If you don't like the opinions, don't read them.

ShrunkLawyer0
11-25-2012, 09:32 PM
then your a moron the ending was ****

shobhit7777777
11-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Game was a disappointment....biggest one this year. Glad I had Dishonored and Absolution to wash out the bitter taste AC3 left. Athough AC3 did make me appreciate ACR even more..so I guess I do kind of owe it a thanks for "entertaining" me.

UrDeviant1
11-25-2012, 09:38 PM
then your a moron the ending was ****

Yes, let's all agree with the mighty ShurnkLawyer or be morons. GTFO.

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 09:40 PM
And me (I actually loved the ending) and loads of others.
Upon multiple viewings, it wasn't as bad as my first impression of it.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:42 PM
"Everybody has the right to opinion"

"I liked the ending"

"MORON"

You bunch of Hypocrites xD

Layytez
11-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Where are my platforming puzzles I was promised ?

Jexx21
11-25-2012, 09:43 PM
I still need to see it. I'm only at the beginning of sequence 6

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Upon multiple viewings, it wasn't as bad as my first impression of it.

So that means you have to watch it several times in order to get used to the ending?? Okay. Makes sense.

LightRey
11-25-2012, 09:44 PM
"Everybody has the right to opinion"

"I liked the ending"

"MORON"

You bunch of Hypocrites xD
Everybody has the right to their own opinion!

As long as they agree with me! D:

Jexx21
11-25-2012, 09:46 PM
my opinion is the right obe

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:47 PM
To the person saying that highlighting the Positives the same as the negatives is absurd..

I think your presence here is absurd..

DTfunjumper
11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Where are my platforming puzzles I was promised ?

We got promised many things which did not appear, like the full power of AnvilNext, making people on the roads have their own timetables, not just running in circles, reacting to the environment (weather, Connors actions), huge battles with hundreds of NPCs..... i knew they were exaggerating, but not that they would leave out on so many things.

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 09:51 PM
To the person saying that highlighting the Positives the same as the negatives is absurd..

I think you`re presence here is absurd..

Okay M, let's hear some good rebuttal from you besides oh " stop attacking this game" & "people complain too much". If you really have some good arguments about the points I made then lets hear it.

DTfunjumper
11-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Okay M, let's hear some good rebuttal from you besides oh " stop attacking this game" & "people complain too much". If you really have some good arguments about the points I made then lets hear it.
My ****storm-sense is tingling...

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:55 PM
My Friend, I`v no Problem with you hating EVERYTHING, but you put yourself in a tight spot. You give about 10 Paragraphs for what you hated (No problem with that) and THEN claim that there were indeed positive things, but you do not even bother to give them at least 1 paragraph..You gave positives less than a line..

I`m not going to correct your opinion. you hated all these things. fine. your problem is that you admitted to finding positives. highlight them as well..constructive criticism includes The Negatives, then positives (more than just "Oh that bit was good" emphasize" and future suggestions. So far...you`v only done the Negatives..

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 09:56 PM
My ****storm-sense is tingling...
settle down...no one thinks you`re funny

TrueAssassin77
11-25-2012, 09:56 PM
it is an awesome game. tho you have some valid points...

i wish they hadn'y cut so many good stuff from the game. it seems as if instead of taking out a mechanic and replacing it with something different, they simply took it out. we were suppose to be able to put animal skins on connor... that was suppose to replace armor of the last game... but instead we just don't have either. We have a grand total of 7 dyes... We can't canoe(which was in AC2 i believe) the assassin recruits have been dumbed down in terms of customization... the blunt weapons are now considered slow weapons... tho in previous games they were only slightly slower than the sword(very disappointed in that). only weapons worth using is the sword, tomahawk, and the hidden blades... the knife animations are completely removed, without anything to replace them.

instead of taking stuff out, they should have re-thought them. they did well with alot of things tho. they re-thought alot of things for the better. but the game reminds me of Infamous 2. awesome games but had a few things missing that could have made them godly(for sure GOTY). the difference is... AC3 actually had all of those things but they were intentionally cut-out of the game. rifle on back, canoeing, skins, etc. whole missions were cut from the game, maybe even whole sequences. Ac3 had the tools to be a godly game, but they were cut from production... that is what really bothers me. if they had simply never been thought of, id have been fine in a strange sort of way. but knowing the potential the game clutched in its grasps... but was tossed aside bothers me alot.

AC3 9/10

my ratings:
ACB
AC3
ACR
AC2
AC1

DTfunjumper
11-25-2012, 10:00 PM
settle down...no one thinks you`re funny
Is that all you can bring up? I mean, i've been reading about all your moaning when people complain. If you hate it so much, then just the hell ignore it and carry on, you're not even being productive, just leading teh ext nonsensical discussion, thinking your smartar se-clever counting and comments would lead you anywhere.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Is that all you can bring up? I mean, i've been reading about all your moaning when people complain. If you hate it so much, then just the hell ignore it and carry on, you're not even being productive, just leading teh ext nonsensical discussion, thinking your smartar se-clever counting and comments would lead you anywhere.
Oh look ! a Woman who does not know any better...what are the odds ?

You just had to keep going on right ?? Did I even speak to you up there ? You just to be a funny guy "OH SHIZ STORM IS COMING HAAAAHHAAA" You should`v sat down, shut your mouth and wait like everyone else...but no...you had to butt in and poke in your nose

DTfunjumper
11-25-2012, 10:03 PM

i wish they hadn'y cut so many good stuff from the game. it seems as if instead of taking out a mechanic and replacing it with something different, they simply took it out. we were suppose to be able to put animal skins on connor... that was suppose to replace armor of the last game... but instead we just don't have either. We have a grand total of 7 dyes... We can't canoe(which was in AC2 i believe) the assassin recruits have been dumbed down in terms of customization... the blunt weapons are now considered slow weapons... tho in previous games they were only slightly slower than the sword(very disappointed in that). only weapons worth using is the sword, tomahawk, and the hidden blades... the knife animations are completely removed, without anything to replace them.

instead of taking stuff out, they should have re-thought them. they did well with alot of things tho. they re-thought alot of things for the better. but the game reminds me of Infamous 2. awesome games but had a few things missing that could have made them godly(for sure GOTY). the difference is... AC3 actually had all of those things but they were intentionally cut-out of the game. rifle on back, canoeing, skins, etc. whole missions were cut from the game, maybe even whole sequences. Ac3 had the tools to be a godly game, but they were cut from production... that is what really bothers me. if they had simply never been thought of, id have been fine in a strange sort of way. but knowing the potential the game clutched in its grasps... but was tossed aside bothers me alot.
THANK GOODNESS! Finally somebody hits the core of most problems!

DTfunjumper
11-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Oh look ! a Woman who does not know any better...what are the odds ?

You just had to keep going on right ?? Did I even speak to you up there ? You just to be a funny guy "OH SHIZ STORM IS COMING HAAAAHHAAA" You should`v sat down, shut your mouth and wait like everyone else...but no...you had to butt in and poke in your nose
And why exactly should i shut up? I've been reading most of your replies and knew something semi-humoristic noonsense was going to come from this way. It's nothing personal, i like many of your posts, but in this cathegory you'e lost your mind.
EDIT: I'm a guy.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:07 PM
EDIT: I'm a guy.
Oh Look...A woman who doesn't know any better.. what are the odds ??

DTfunjumper
11-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Oh Look...A woman who doesn't know any better.. what are the odds ??
Oh look, a sexistic egyptian, what an innovation.
EFIT: I see the rest actually shut you up.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Now that this is done...No reply yet from OP regarding what I said ??

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 10:15 PM
He needs to prove that we actually think the game is anywhere near perfect first.

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Oh look, a sexistic egyptian, what an innovation.
EFIT: I see the rest actually shut you up.
Show some respect and try not to deliberately start a flame war

DTfunjumper
11-25-2012, 10:16 PM
And why the heck should he? He stated his opinion the way he wanted, highlighting the negative aspects (which is totally legal for emphasizing the issues of something) and leaving the positives out.(maybe he doesn't see any worthy being mentioned, who knows?)
Just because they're missing, it doesn't mean it's incomplete or that he has to justify why he didn't mention them.

DTfunjumper
11-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Show some respect and try not to deliberately start a flame war
I pay respect when i get some in teh first place, which was not given.

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 10:19 PM
I pay respect when i get some in teh first place, which was not given.
From M... XD, good luck trying to get respect from him, what I meant was be the mature one

DTfunjumper
11-25-2012, 10:21 PM
From M... XD, good luck trying to get respect from him, what I meant was be the mature one
Okay i'll give you that one ;) I don't generally dislike him, just this isn't his best topic IMO

zhengyingli
And why the heck should he? He stated his opinion the way he wanted, highlighting the negative aspects (which is totally legal for emphasizing the issues of something) and leaving the positives out.(maybe he doesn't see any worthy being mentioned, who knows?)
Just because they're missing, it doesn't mean it's incomplete or that he has to justify why he didn't mention them.
I'm more worried about a chunk of the original post based on bad facts. Like the length of the soundtrack.

TrueAssassin77

AC3 9/10

my ratings:
ACB
AC3
ACR
AC2
AC1

THANK GOODNESS! Finally somebody hits the core of most problems!
thanks

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Okay i'll give you that one http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/wink.png I don't generally dislike him, just this isn't his best topic IMO
Yeah some idiots can really piss him off, legends for example

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 10:35 PM
My Friend, I`v no Problem with you hating EVERYTHING, but you put yourself in a tight spot. You give about 10 Paragraphs for what you hated (No problem with that) and THEN claim that there were indeed positive things, but you do not even bother to give them at least 1 paragraph..You gave positives less than a line..

I`m not going to correct your opinion. you hated all these things. fine. your problem is that you admitted to finding positives. highlight them as well..constructive criticism includes The Negatives, then positives (more than just "Oh that bit was good" emphasize" and future suggestions. So far...you`v only done the Negatives..

Okay if really want to hear it so badly then I'll give you some things that you would like:

1) Connor's story

Overall I thought this was decently done. Exploring the 3 stages of Connor: going from as a young child that sees the world in black and white and realizing that not everything has defined boundary lines really puts a perspective into things. I love how he becomes alienated from his village and even forced to kill his own friend. This creates a lot of internal conflict within the character. I really loved his relationship with his father and is a bit odd to work with a templar. He really wanted his father to accept the assassin's ideology and wanted to to give him a chance but things do not work out it is intended. I do however have criticisms about this. First, I expected Connor not knowing his father and then eventually through this "journey" of his to meet him by chance and becomes shocked to find out he is a templar. I thought it was stupid to think that Connor, who never seen his dad, just looks at a portrait and automatically knows who his father is, and then without a slightest hint of expression says "I'm going to have to eliminate my father too". I also didn't think Haythem would so readily kill his son. That little fight at the end, I would think they both so some sympathy or regret for each other, but no, he simply says without emotion "goodbye father".

2) Naval Missions

Den defense was horrible. This is amazing. One of the few things that made AC3 in some way redeem itself. Really liked the weather and the physics of the waves and navigating through the sea. I don't think I need to say more. Don't think many or if any offer this kind of pirate like experience.

3) Peg Leg missions

A wonderful return of the platforming sequence. Some memorable moments and lovely solving kidd's treasure at the end. Could have been longer like brotherhood but still pretty decent.

4) Freerunning

Finally some realistic parkour moves. Vaulting, dives, rolls. No more jumping off a high story building and landing 20 stories below. Really glad they just have this one button does all instead of pressing R+x. I didn't like pass through moves because they never worked. And for some reason, the leap of faith works about 50:50 in this game. I synchronize a view point and I press R+x. i ended up jumping and falling to my death. Kind of kills the moment. You can climb on the side of cliffs but unlike what they advertise, not everything is climbable. This is fine and realistic but there are places that have gaps and hand placements and I couldn't climb them.

5) Frontier

Maybe the best map in AC? Not sure, hard to decide between this and venice. But is a nice break from the city. Is large, plenty to do and lots of variety. Is especially good in the winter. You do feel the harshness of the winter when treading through deep slow. It makes hunting more difficult and hard to navigate. However, I am a bit disappointed with the caves, I expected to find a bit more than a few peg leg trinkets.

6) Side Missions

More than ever, probably takes up more time than main missions. Lots of variety but I only liked the Homestead missions and the frontiermen missions because they offer some sort of depth into the story. Doing the homestead missions allows the player to feel part of the era and see what life is like during the 18th century. There are some memorable moments like achilles death but I don't understand why they didn't include this in the main mission. This is really important, I shouldn't have to finish the game and then do the side missions and find out there is a scene like this. Brawler missions and Liberations get kind of repetitive and I would have to say in the tunnel system, the puzzles are easy and there are too many glitches like the one I posted.

7) Economy/trading

Feels far more challenging and immersive for the era. Is nice to know that I'm not sitting on my a** waiting 20 minutes to collect money at the bank. I can actually craft stuff, trade fur, and defend my own convoy. Unfortunately, it gets really boring and seems kind of pointless after a while.

So there, a few good points but they too have their flaws.

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm more worried about a chunk of the original post based on bad facts. Like the length of the soundtrack.

Really is that the only thing you could say? Bad facts, they are legitimate criticisms and there are inconsistency and things that were hinted were never answered. Like the "one who accompanied you to the gate" or "how subject 16 warns desmond of "she's not who you think it is" but never said anything in ACR and AC3. Oh and yes the soundtracks, go on youtube and type in either AC2/ACB/ or AC3 soundtracks. Clearly it is shorter and there is no music in the cities. The crowds do not react to what you're doing. Need I say more?

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Was that so hard ?? Thank You, OP:)

I take back everything I said...the jokes and all:p

I apologize

monster_rambo
11-25-2012, 10:50 PM
Was that so hard ?? Thank You, OP:)

I take back everything I said...the jokes and all:p

I apologize

It doesn't matter. I really wish I could have been as much as a fan as you are. But I kind of died after what they did. I apologize too.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:53 PM
It doesn't matter. I really wish I could have been as much as a fan as you are. But I kind of died after what they did. I apologize too.
No harm done and believe me..You have my sympathies...

I was disappointed in a lot of fields too...the NPCs, random quests, canoes, large scale battles and the free roam music...

I certainly wish everyone enjoyed it as I did, but i wont think less of you if you did not..that`s the whole point really

laromu
11-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Polls on a forum for fans of the game? Funny, I've seen complainers on this forum outnumbered (not just in polls) by fans. The old, "It's just that the forum attracts more complaints" line is weak. Works much better for game forums where a game has different classes and people come to the forums to complain about their class being underpowered or another class being overpowered.

And give me a break on the idea that Connor is a good character. Connor is bland. If some people on an Ubisoft forum think it's a well-written character, it's just a testament to the willingness of fans to lower standards for game writing.

Game characters tend to not be too deep to begin with. But even as a game character, Connor isn't even as well done as Ezio was after Ezio had only one game. Connor just blandly keeps doing missions helping the colonials after finding out George Washington burned his village when he was a child AND after he sends a raid to the village a second time. He shows no real personality, except for occasional looks of disdain to everyone while giving some weak "liberty" dialogue in a monotone, passionless voice. A solidly written character would have actually shown real struggle over whether he should be supporting the British or the colonials, given that he's from a tribe of the Iroquois Confederacy. Instead you don't get struggle. You get one or two boring moments where he says, "I have my doubts" then proceeds to do or say nothing to any other character that demonstrates real doubt. His relationship with the revolutionaries was about as boring as it could be.

Connor was dull. He COULD have been a good character. The background he started out with had a lot of potential. Don't confuse potential with realization though. He didn't realize the potential of being a half-native in colonial america. He squandered it. His character had potential from the fact that his mother died in a raid sanctioned by Washington during the Seven Years war and the fact that most of the tribes chose the British. Again, he squandered that potential. He had potential from being the son of a templar. Again, squandered potential. (Between the two, it seems any good dialogue only came from Haytham). He shouldn't have another game. His greatest potential was in THIS game in THIS conflict with THAT cast of characters, and the potential wasn't met.

Best they move on and go to a different era. Maybe Connor can get a cameo as a super old man training as Assassin who is active during the civil war.

Good job. Your posts sums up my thought. Connor lost his best chance.

Mega8BitPanda
11-25-2012, 11:10 PM
I really wish Ubisoft would just make a blasted statement in regards to the fans, even if it were just a sticky here. Why do we need a new topic for every single opinion of the ending or game as a whole? We have countless, take your pick and post in there if you have genuine grievances... when one dies to the second page another is made... gah. I mean fair play, you make some valid points but really, yet another topic?

That said, I completely agree with you on all things concerning Desmond, both story and missions. Most certainly on length! I feel outright lied to when they said it would be a sequence and half worth of him and 3 missions is all we got. 3 mission that were 5 - 10 minutes in length; Desmond's journey last longer in Revelations! More Desmond than ever before, I highly disagree with Ubisoft on that.

The marketing and crowds, I agree were pretty bad. You only killed patriots in game when your notoriety was full and they acted as law keepers, I think there was one or two missions you actually took them on for story reasons? The rest Connor just shouted at them in the cutscenes... It wasn't as advertised and I did feel pretty annoyed upon finishing that so much was removed but I can't lie and say I won't buy the next game, it was still a good product that had false advertising or, the very least, exaggerated.

If the next AC follows in the shoes of AC3 and not improve, I guess that's when I'll have a massive outcry about it and leave the franchise. It's some shaky times indeed.

shobhit7777777
11-25-2012, 11:14 PM

Eh?

I've been following this thread with some interest and I'm not too happy with the way you've jumped on the OP for a paper thin reason. I never thought you'd resort to such tactics.

I'd told you last time as well regarding your "Opinion=/=Fact" argument that you're falling back on flawed logic for god knows what reason...and you're doing it again with this.

If I make a thread "I loved AC3 and it exceeded all expectations" (LOL no it didn't) do you expect me to put up a laundry list of all the faults? No. That would be daft. Do you want to be daft? Please don't be daft...

OP clearly stated that the game did some things right....but wanted to focus on the things that went wrong. The "good" part of the game is not within the parameters of this discussion. Discussing what this game did right is off topic here.

Glad you guys kissed and made up.

Farlander1991
11-25-2012, 11:54 PM
That little fight at the end, I would think they both so some sympathy or regret for each other, but no, he simply says without emotion "goodbye father".

I don't think it was without emotion. But, out of curiosity... after your village was turned against you and you were forced to kill your childhood best friend, after the people you believed in turn out to be not better (maybe even worse) than those you consider your enemies, after your Mentor and closest thing to a father figure you had for most of your life dies, what DO you say to your father after you killed him? To me personally that was the point when Connor got fully broken (and had nothing left except the goal to find Lee) and it is the fact that he doesn't find anything to say that makes that moment so strong. Plus, I think (I MAY be wrong) that's the only time when Connor addresses to his father personally as, well, 'father' (as far as I remember it always was just 'you' or something like that).

monster_rambo
11-26-2012, 12:04 AM
I love how all the threads that criticize AC3 got moved to "Hints & Tips" so less people can see them. A clever way to censor people. "Hints & Tips" are for discussing gameplay, walkthroughs, tricks & tips but I see Ubisoft can' t handle criticism and would fall so low as to using this tactic.

TrueAssassin77
11-26-2012, 12:14 AM
^ they are moved because there are spoilers in the thread..........................

non-spoiler threads go in general discussion
spoiler threads go in to hints

this is a rule that has been in affect for awhile... you are a rule breaker

shobhit7777777
11-26-2012, 12:15 AM
I love how all the threads that criticize AC3 got moved to "Hints & Tips" so less people can see them. A clever way to censor people. "Hints & Tips" are for discussing gameplay, walkthroughs, tricks & tips but I see Ubisoft can' t handle criticism and would fall so low as to using this tactic.

I would like to believe that it was moved here because your post contained plot spoilers. There have been critical threads on the main forum before and still are.

monster_rambo
11-26-2012, 12:16 AM
^ they are moved because there are spoilers in the thread..........................

non-spoiler threads go in general discussion
spoiler threads go in to hints

this is a rule that has been in affect for awhile... you are a rule breaker

I put a huge spoiler warning in the title. Not that big of a deal.

TrueAssassin77
11-26-2012, 12:36 AM
you say it's no big deal... yet here you are complaining about it being moved

monster_rambo
11-26-2012, 12:41 AM
you say it's no big deal... yet here you are complaining about it being moved

Because there are spoiler threads in the general discussions that are still there and not removed. Is not a big deal because I put a "spoiler warning" in the title so it should stay in the general thread. But you see, they don't really want people to see the negativity and criticism about this game so they moved it to "hints and tips". Am I doing a walkthrough? No. Am I asking advice on how to beat a mission? No. It should belong in the general thread NOT "hints and tips".

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 01:26 AM
I`m just posting this here since it`s relevant to show how much of a fan-boy I am..

Originally Posted by Assassin_M
Now obviously it`s a design flaw, but I`ll start by saying that I agree with all your points. I absolutely hated how they handled Cross in the end. they Portrayed him very well in the first couple of Desmond missions. I genuinly liked it and thought it was building up to something epic in the end. We get to Abstergo, awesome Scenes with Cross. Chase.Assassinate. Loading screen....WAITING FOR AWESOME DEATH DIALOGUE TO MAKE UP FOR THE LACK OF AN EPIC BATTLE....No. I honestly felt angry. It was just.. I dunno..Wrong ?? get you used to Epic or emotional scenes then give you this with Cross ? Why ? at least Vidic had a death scene..

Regarding the Battle base missions. I thought that was a lack of design experience in the area. They only did the large scale battles once in Brotherhood and it worked, but here ? not so much...I enjoyed running through Charles town while buildings were crumbling. It was a good Choice as a catalyst for the large scale battle missions. I also enjoyed the hiding through the rocks, but like you said, I did not feel like it was a BATTLE. Sure there was the sound effects, screaming and Dying, but...there was this piece that`s missing. I think we saw it in the E3 Trailer. actually taking part in them. Do not get me wrong; i`m happy we never took sides, but what would`v worked is actually have it work like the trailer. You have to RUN through the Army where about 7 or 8 Soldiers intercept you each time and you have to dispatch them quickly and be on your way through the army. now obviously they can justify all of them not killing with them focusing on the actual Patriot advance..

Now the horse commanding Battle base missions. That was just BAD. Poor Design Implementation, because the Horse should never be relied on for something else other than Transportation in this game. the horse is clunky and unrealistic and they should know that instead of thinking that this will be fun. It`s not...least favorite mission in the game. They could`v used this as also what`s seen in the trailer. using the horse to get somewhere FAST. dodging bullets and Cannon balls while trying to remain on the road and evade buildings..etc..

As for the ending, it`s context did not feel too bad, but it`s what happened. I feel that Cross should be left as is; being killed at Abstergo and have Vidic waiting for Desmond at the Homestead for an Epic firefight..actually feel satisfied with FINALLY getting that Key..You know ? It just felt like a missed Opportunity..

monster_rambo
11-26-2012, 02:05 AM
I`m just posting this here since it`s relevant to show how much of a fan-boy I am..

[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

I take back what I said about fan boy.

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 02:11 AM
I take back what I said about fan boy.
Nah You and I kissed and made up:p

I was putting this for anyone who was going to think that everyone who liked the game had no complaints..

Shad0wmancer1
11-26-2012, 02:31 AM
Just down the drain, becoming like COD with little stealth elements, annual releases, and DLCs. .....and right in the s***hole

You, my friend, are absolutely one hundred percent correct about everything you said. This will also be the last Assassin's Creed I play.
Ubisoft absolutely spent more time, money, and effort on marketing, advertising, and making pretty trailers than they spent on the actual game.

NeverThat
11-26-2012, 06:38 AM
Besides the 'that's it??' ending, I think Ubi's biggest mistake was making a cookie cutter, jack of all trades type of game that tries to hard to appeal to every type of gamer. Mostly all devs are following this bandwagon trend. A little something for everybody. Same situation with other AAA disappointments like Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3. Maybe it's a risky move business wise to stay in your lane instead and focus less on drawing in new crowds but as long the sales are up, we can all expect more of the same down the line. That being said, I'll still play AC3 just for the story but I couldn't see myself blowing $60+tax on it, let alone blowing another $30 on DLC that doesn't even exist at this point.

NeverThat
11-26-2012, 06:45 AM

[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Lol, I assumed you were one of Ubi's fanboys attacking any and every criticisms about AC3. A final showdown with Desmond and Vidic at the Homestead would have been epic if written in properly.

Torvaldesq
11-26-2012, 06:54 AM

I think your presence here is absurd..

I said that it's absurd to imply necessity in a consumer's review to treat the positives the same as the negatives, specifically pointing to the fact that sequels routinely are judged based on what they do different than previous entries in a series.

It's an Assassin's Creed game. That implies a certain type of gameplay from the start, which implies positives from the beginning. There is no reason to demean a post like the OP's simply because he did what any typical consumer does with feedback (if they're inclined to give feedback) on being disappointed with a product - they voice why they're disappointed.

You either agree with the points or disagree with the points. Attacking them for not listing out things the game did right is nothing but a red herring. If you think something was done so incredibly well (and was something new for a sequel in this series) that it should swing things back around, then talk about that rather than lambasting him for not mentioning it.

pirate1802
11-26-2012, 07:17 AM

Because they contain spoilers. Read the forum rules, they're pretty clear. And its been like that for a while. There are quite a few non-spoilery criticism threads in the main area, so would do you good to get out of this victim mentality. :)

monster_rambo
11-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Because they contain spoilers. Read the forum rules, they're pretty clear. And its been like that for a while. There are quite a few non-spoilery criticism threads in the main area, so would do you good to get out of this victim mentality. :)

There are plenty of spoiler threads in the general discussion area. And Hello, big spoiler sign in the title, so if you choose to open this thread, you proceed at your own caution. is pretty clear why they did this.

pirate1802
11-26-2012, 07:50 AM
There are plenty of spoiler threads in the general discussion area. And Hello, big spoiler sign in the title, so if you choose to open this thread, you proceed at your own caution. is pretty clear why they did this.

Yeah.. you didn't read the rules. Even with the bigass spoiler title, the topics still go in the Hints and Tips section. Its written in big red letters right at the top of the warning thread. But hey, don't let me stop you from whatever you believe!

Also, what spoiler threads in the general discussion are we talking about? As far as I'm aware, the mods may be late to react sometimes, but over the time almost all spoilery threads are moved here.

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 08:24 AM
I said that it's absurd to imply necessity in a consumer's review to treat the positives the same as the negatives, specifically pointing to the fact that sequels routinely are judged based on what they do different than previous entries in a series.

It's an Assassin's Creed game. That implies a certain type of gameplay from the start, which implies positives from the beginning. There is no reason to demean a post like the OP's simply because he did what any typical consumer does with feedback (if they're inclined to give feedback) on being disappointed with a product - they voice why they're disappointed.

You either agree with the points or disagree with the points. Attacking them for not listing out things the game did right is nothing but a red herring. If you think something was done so incredibly well (and was something new for a sequel in this series) that it should swing things back around, then talk about that rather than lambasting him for not mentioning it.
Yeah Hello...Sorry..He gave details of what was good thank you. Apparently he had no problem listing the good and giving it detail..It`s not like i`m holding a gun to his head..

He was fine with it..So I don't see why you`re constantly butting in like this

Torvaldesq
11-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah Hello...Sorry..He gave details of what was good thank you. Apparently he had no problem listing the good and giving it detail..It`s not like i`m holding a gun to his head..

He was fine with it..So I don't see why you`re constantly butting in like this

I never said he shouldn't or wouldn't. What I said was that your criticism of him was absurd - and it was. If someone else posts a thread criticizing the game without giving a list of what they liked, you can be aware of why it looks weirdly defensive for you to jump on them for the same reason. Not to mention your trollish behavior in posting replies with nothing but a number in them.

pirate1802
11-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Funny thing is, OP says IGN was right: AC3 was a disappointment.

I read IGN's review just to be sure, nowhere did it say it was such a huge disappointment, infact it said AC III is one of the best in the series. Soo not sure why OP is quoting IGN..

TinyTemplar
11-26-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm agree that the main story is short. And too much attention to Connor's father... and Desmond...
You just do not have time to enjoy the game for Conor-assassin (what you actually waited for such a long time). First we were forced to play for his dad, and then we have to watch as he grows up and when he finally put on his bloody hood the game just goes to an end!
Plus these missions on ship ... I honestly thought that it would be something like means of transportation, like gondolas in the previous games. But no, it turns out some missions that need to be specially triggered. So you can't run the ship outside the mission. This is insane. Why they had to put Pirates of the Caribbean in the game to the detriment of the things we loved in ac II or brotherhood.
Also the game began to look more like RPG with it's quests. The main assassin-character doesn't have his own big story anymore, he was introduced more as a tool for finding the next artifact. But he had to be the primary hero. More attention should have been paid to Connor, not Desmond. Desmond is the one who was supposed to be a tool through which we learn the story of Connor. Otherwise it is not interesting. It's not what the game supposed to be about (at least I believe so).

I think all this interest to Desmond and his fight with the Templars (including Daniel Cross) and the end of the world was just forced upon us. This is not the main reason why we played the game, the main reason was the era in which we were traveling, But now the relation between the past and the present is for the benefit of the present, which, besides, is not finalized (all of these models and animation, it is clear that working on it wasn't as thoroughly as on Connor's environment)

shobhit7777777
11-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Funny thing is, OP says IGN was right: AC3 was a disappointment.

I read IGN's review just to be sure, nowhere did it say it was such a huge disappointment, infact it said AC III is one of the best in the series. Soo not sure why OP is quoting IGN..

Dude....a game in a long series of franchises can be the "best" in that line but it doesn't mean that it isn't a disappointment. Technically, I too think that AC3 was the best game in the franchise.....but I'm still disappointed by it.

We are not comparing it to what the franchise has been and what it has done....we are comparing it with what it COULD'VE done and achieved....that is why it is a disappointment....it fell short.

pirate1802
11-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Dude....a game in a long series of franchises can be the "best" in that line but it doesn't mean that it isn't a disappointment. Technically, I too think that AC3 was the best game in the franchise.....but I'm still disappointed by it.

We are not comparing it to what the franchise has been and what it has done....we are comparing it with what it COULD'VE done and achieved....that is why it is a disappointment....it fell short.

Yeah I get that. I'm not even discussing whether this game was an actual disappointment or not. I myself am disappointed by certain aspects of the game. I'm just perplexed by this outta the blue "IGN was right!!!" addition to OPs title. Especially when IGN's review was nowhere as.. shall I say, complaining as OP's post.

To use a wildly exaggerated example, its something like. : "Bush was right! Bin Laden is indeed a saint!" O.o

TinyTemplar
11-26-2012, 08:32 PM
lol)

Assassin_M
11-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Seriously ? When`s the Vidic Parody account coming ??

TinyTemplar
11-26-2012, 08:45 PM
you must be jealous;)

monster_rambo
11-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah I get that. I'm not even discussing whether this game was an actual disappointment or not. I myself am disappointed by certain aspects of the game. I'm just perplexed by this outta the blue "IGN was right!!!" addition to OPs title. Especially when IGN's review was nowhere as.. shall I say, complaining as OP's post.

To use a wildly exaggerated example, its something like. : "Bush was right! Bin Laden is indeed a saint!" O.o

They were right about the fact that people will not be satisfied with Desmond's ending. And it turns out they were right. Besides people were b***hing on the these forums about IGN's score. 8.5 is a good score and that is the best they deserve considering how rush and how many things they could have done.

Shingram
11-27-2012, 01:48 AM
All legitamate issues with the game and ubisofts big game company motif of screwing its fans. Terrific post by OP.

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 02:18 AM
All legitamate issues with the game and ubisofts big game company motif of screwing its fans. Terrific post by OP.

Thanks for agreeing with me. I knew somehow since the beginning of AC1, that this game is going to be a recipe for disaster. Simply because they are overly ambitious and try to do too many things at the same time. They try to cover a bit of history, conspiracy, TWCB, modern Desmond's story, all the clues and hints in ACB & AC2, and to somehow think they could pull this off without one aspect of the story failing. Seriously they should stop this "jack of all trades" mentality and just make an assassin game. In AC3, we clearly see the focus on Desmond is clearly lacking and all of the things said in subject 16's videos and the end of ACB were left unanswered. This is the biggest reason why I am so pissed. To add insult to injury, the background story on AC initiates never appeared in the game and I don't understannd why since modern day story is so important, why didn't they include some narrative on modern templars and assassins. Another thing is that they spread misinformation to attract customers. The things they promised never appeared in the game and this so called "long ending" only happens to be 9 minutes. Seriously instead of focusing on putting on the side missions, put some effort in Desmond's story. And also why DAFUQ am I spending so much time playing as Haythem and in the prologue. I got nothing against him but I was seriously anticipating to play as Desmond and Connor. That only happened after sequence 3 and I ONLY play him as a Child!!!

Honestly, if they just released AC1, AC2 and AC3 instead of developing ACB & ACR. Maybe AC3 will be a better and well polished game. Maybe they should develop ACB because it was okay and the ending was shocking and hinted about alot of things but ACR didn't really entertain me and they said "this game would answer all your questions" never happened. . I already knew this is going to happen and this is just going to turn into annual releases with none of our questions answered. . Sorry for the long rant.

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 02:43 AM
"it is an awesome game. They did so many things right. The combat took a step in the right direction. The free-running is awesome. Connor is a superb hero and is very real. Connor's evolution throughtout the story is truely phenomenal. The frontier is breathtaking but...

i wish they hadn't cut so many good stuff from the game. it seems as if instead of taking out a mechanic and replacing it with something different, they simply took it out. we were suppose to be able to put animal skins on connor... that was suppose to replace armor of the last game... but instead we just don't have either. We have a grand total of 7 dyes... We can't canoe(which was in AC2 i believe) the assassin recruits have been dumbed down in terms of customization... the blunt weapons are now considered slow weapons... tho in previous games they were only slightly slower than the sword(very disappointed in that). only weapons worth using is the sword, tomahawk, and the hidden blades... the knife animations are completely removed, without anything to replace them. The bombs from ACR had more variety and more uses. They apparent lack of music throughout the game. The Assassination and Curior(spelled wrong) have been downgraded extremely. in AC2 the assassination contracts were stellar and abundant. a good set of missions in each city. you might have to tail a guy. or fight an army! intmidate a guy, or bribe him. the curior missions had a time limit. why were theses not present in AC3? they weren't re-thought, they were downgraded. puzzles and such... downgraded extremely. almost non-esistent. where is the secret armor? the best armor in the game, only made available through quest? that was completely taken out, and replaced with something barely noticeable...

It makes the game FEEL smaller despite the fact that its actually the biggest game to date. It doesn't help that you go through a significant part of the game as a non-main character. making the game FEEL smaller despite the fact the main story is as long if not longer than previous games. The replayability took a big shot imo. I feel no reason why i should restart the game a third time. because there is literally nothing i can do in a differernt way. My assassin recruits will always be the same people. no matter the limited number of dyes i will always look the same basic way. Using a different main weapon choice isn't as great a reason anymore since, Blunt weapons and heavy weapons are now almost the same thing. the knife and tomahawk ARE the same thing. hunting is kinda restrictive, only a handful of animals to interact with. what can i do differently? the missions are kinda linear. the greatest example of this is were i am forced to ride a horse with some idiot the whole mission... where he tells me exactly what to do....

In previous Ac i could start the game back over and do things differently. it really doesn't help that in order to start over in AC3 i have to grind my way through haythams prolouge. I love haytham as a character... but i didn't buy the game to play as him.

The true issue with this game... is variety in a way. Its almost to linear in alot of ways. just a sense of restriction. This is arguably the best game in the series... but some of the things that were taken out of production... some of the things ignored and downgraded... could have made this game the undisputable best game of the YEAR, the best game in the series by far, the game in which all games are judged upon. "

i actually agree most you your points

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 02:46 AM
"it is an awesome game. They did so many things right. The combat took a step in the right direction. The free-running is awesome. Connor is a superb hero and is very real. Connor's evolution throughtout the story is truely phenomenal. The frontier is breathtaking but...

i wish they hadn't cut so many good stuff from the game. it seems as if instead of taking out a mechanic and replacing it with something different, they simply took it out. we were suppose to be able to put animal skins on connor... that was suppose to replace armor of the last game... but instead we just don't have either. We have a grand total of 7 dyes... We can't canoe(which was in AC2 i believe) the assassin recruits have been dumbed down in terms of customization... the blunt weapons are now considered slow weapons... tho in previous games they were only slightly slower than the sword(very disappointed in that). only weapons worth using is the sword, tomahawk, and the hidden blades... the knife animations are completely removed, without anything to replace them. The bombs from ACR had more variety and more uses. They apparent lack of music throughout the game. The Assassination and Curior(spelled wrong) have been downgraded extremely. in AC2 the assassination contracts were stellar and abundant. a good set of missions in each city. you might have to tail a guy. or fight an army! intmidate a guy, or bribe him. the curior missions had a time limit. why were theses not present in AC3? they weren't re-thought, they were downgraded. puzzles and such... downgraded extremely. almost non-esistent. where is the secret armor? the best armor in the game, only made available through quest? that was completely taken out, and replaced with something barely noticeable...

It makes the game FEEL smaller despite the fact that its actually the biggest game to date. It doesn't help that you go through a significant part of the game as a non-main character. making the game FEEL smaller despite the fact the main story is as long if not longer than previous games. The replayability took a big shot imo. I feel no reason why i should restart the game a third time. because there is literally nothing i can do in a differernt way. My assassin recruits will always be the same people. no matter the limited number of dyes i will always look the same basic way. Using a different main weapon choice isn't as great a reason anymore since, Blunt weapons and heavy weapons are now almost the same thing. the knife and tomahawk ARE the same thing. hunting is kinda restrictive, only a handful of animals to interact with. what can i do differently? the missions are kinda linear. the greatest example of this is were i am forced to ride a horse with some idiot the whole mission... where he tells me exactly what to do....

In previous Ac i could start the game back over and do things differently. it really doesn't help that in order to start over in AC3 i have to grind my way through haythams prolouge. I love haytham as a character... but i didn't buy the game to play as him.

The true issue with this game... is variety in a way. Its almost to linear in alot of ways. just a sense of restriction. This is arguably the best game in the series... but some of the things that were taken out of production... some of the things ignored and downgraded... could have made this game the undisputable best game of the YEAR, the best game in the series by far, the game in which all games are judged upon. "

i actually agree most you your points

I swear you posted the exact same comment somewhere.

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 02:49 AM
i did. i tried to quote it... but didn't work obviously

its just proof i support at least some of what you are saying

shobhit7777777
11-27-2012, 04:50 AM

An 8.5 is not a score given to a game that has blown their minds.....

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 04:53 AM
An 8.5 is not a score given to a game that has blown their minds.....
That`s off the point..

Did you read IGN`s review Verdict ?? It`s far from saying "Disappointing"

No one ever claimed an 8.5 is a score that blows minds, BUT it isn't bad...8.5 is great.

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 04:57 AM
That`s off the point..

Did you read IGN`s review Verdict ?? It`s far from saying "Disappointing"

No one ever claimed an 8.5 is a score that blows minds, BUT it isn't bad...8.5 is great.

This is something I said in a previous post

They were right about the fact that people will not be satisfied with Desmond's ending. And it turns out they were right. Besides people were b***hing on the these forums about IGN's score. 8.5 is a good score and that is the best they deserve considering how rush and how many things they could have done.

Edit: I agree the title was kind of misleading but you get my point.

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 04:58 AM
all problems can be traced back to haythams part.......

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 04:59 AM
This is something I said in a previous post

Sure. A review is an opinion to me. No more no less...

I really couldn't let myself be bothered by it..

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 05:00 AM
all problems can be traced back to haythams part.......
Can you stop spamming that please ? Alright we get it....enough

And No I disagree

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 05:04 AM

And No I disagree

I find Haythem interesting but they spent a little bit too much time on the prologue then on the Desmond story. I don't really want to go play "hide and go seek" or spent 5 hours as Haythem instead of Connor or Desmond but I was okay. Is just that they neglected Desmond's part of the story.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 05:06 AM
I find Haythem interesting but they spent a little bit too much time on the prologue then on the Desmond story. I don't really want to go play "hide and go seek" or spent 5 hours as Haythem instead of Connor or Desmond but I was okay. Is just that they neglected Desmond's part of the story.
Agreed on Desmond`s Story..

But in no way can I blame it on the Prologue...

I blame it on poor Design and writing decisions..

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Sure. A review is an opinion to me. No more no less...

I really couldn't let myself be bothered by it..

I swear you were unhappy in another thread about how IGN gave AC3 the same score as ACR and ACB. You had no problem being an 8.5 but just something about being the same score as previous 2 games or did I misquote you?

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 05:12 AM

And No I disagree

resources were obviously put into haythams story more than any other part of the game.
how many "6 months later" do you get in haythams part? likw 1? 2? how many in connors?
did you ever feel as if the events were disconnected in haythams part? if so how often compared to connors....
the prolouge is 5 hours and the ending is 5 minutes....
The sequences were longer in haythams part of the story... can't say the same for connor's

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 05:23 AM
I swear you were unhappy in another thread about how IGN gave AC3 the same score as ACR and ACB. You had no problem being an 8.5 but just something about being the same score as previous 2 games or did I misquote you?
I disagreed. I never threw a hiss about it..because there is definitely something wrong when you equate ACR with this...Again, I disagreed and thought it was stupid(ACB got a lower score than ACR and AC III)

So Yes. i`m okay with 8.5. my problem was that it was equated to ACR which AC III is by far superior to it in every (non subjective) field.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 05:24 AM
resources were obviously put into haythams story more than any other part of the game.
how many "6 months later" do you get in haythams part? likw 1? 2? how many in connors?
did you ever feel as if the events were disconnected in haythams part? if so how often compared to connors....
the prolouge is 5 hours and the ending is 5 minutes....
The sequences were longer in haythams part of the story... can't say the same for connor's
Again, I cannot blame Haytham`s Prologue simply because it got more resources. I blame the people who did not pour the same amount of resources in other fields of the story..

TrueAssassin77
11-27-2012, 05:27 AM
... stop being so rational **** it

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 05:28 AM
... stop being so rational **** it
I apologize xD

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 05:29 AM
Again, I cannot blame Haytham`s Prologue simply because it got more resources. I blame the people who did not pour the same amount of resources in other fields of the story..

Agreed 100%. Blame Hutchinson (correct spelling?) if you may. Its like blaming rich people for all the miseries of the poor >.<

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 06:01 AM
I disagreed. I never threw a hiss about it..because there is definitely something wrong when you equate ACR with this...Again, I disagreed and thought it was stupid(ACB got a lower score than ACR and AC III)

So Yes. i`m okay with 8.5. my problem was that it was equated to ACR which AC III is by far superior to it in every (non subjective) field.
I have problems with the article itself. ACR and ACIII's don't share the same reviewers, and therefore they don't share the same scale, whatever. ACIII's review in particular is extremely poorly structured, and was too obvious that the reviewer failed to dive in and understand certain aspects.

As for the score of 8.5, I think it's only a great score if reviewers in general stop over-inflate every other under deserved games. Games sharing the same flaws as ACIII get a pass for some reason; the reviewers in the industry are not consistent.

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 06:04 AM
I have problems with the article itself. ACR and ACIII's don't share the same reviewers, and therefore they don't share the same scale, whatever. ACIII's review in particular is extremely poorly structured, and was too obvious that the reviewer failed to dive in and understand certain aspects.

As for the score of 8.5, I think it's only a great score if reviewers in general stop over-inflate every other under deserved games. Games sharing the same flaws as ACIII get a pass for some reason; the reviewers in the industry are not consistent.

Alas, you finally came back. So did you check the soundtracks on Youtube I was talking about?

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 06:12 AM
Alas, you finally came back. So did you check the soundtracks on Youtube I was talking about?
Lol, I actually teach privately, so excuse me for having something more important to do!

As for the soundtrack, yeah, I disagreed with you about the length about the soundtrack, and it still stands. I have always blamed the official soundtrack album for being shorter than before from the very beginning, but that's only because there are a bunch of tracks that were used in the game that received the "unreleased" treatment.

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 06:21 AM
Lol, I actually teach privately, so excuse me for having something more important to do!

As for the soundtrack, yeah, I disagreed with you about the length about the soundtrack, and it still stands. I have always blamed the official soundtrack album for being shorter than before from the very beginning, but that's only because there are a bunch of tracks that were used in the game that received the "unreleased" treatment.

"something more important to do", but yet here you are. It still stands the fact that AC3 soundtracks are shorter than all of the other AC games and it does not have ambient music. The official soundtracks are almost all inclusive except maybe the "Lexington and Concord". But then again, please excuse my rudeness kind master. For I have corrected you and objected your authority so I will await quitely for my 300 lashes. Thank you.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 06:27 AM
"something more important to do", but yet here you are. It still stands the fact that AC3 soundtracks are shorter than all of the other AC games and it does not have ambient music. The official soundtracks are almost all inclusive except maybe the "Lexington and Concord". But then again, please excuse my rudeness kind master. For I have corrected you and objected your authority so I will await quitely for my 300 lashes. Thank you.
I like how you play the triumphant slave..

And pardon, but the soundtrack DOES have Ambient music..It`s just not implemented outside of the missions...

Does this go well with your criteria of a "Person who`s not trying to look down on you" ?

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 06:29 AM
There are ambient music, they just weren't implemented during free-roam. And where's Haytham's theme??? A lot more than the Lexington soundtrack didn't make it in.

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 06:36 AM
I like how you play the triumphant slave..

And pardon, but the soundtrack DOES have Ambient music..It`s just not implemented outside of the missions...

Does this go well with your criteria of a "Person who`s not trying to look down on you" ?

Well if you say that this is ambient music than that is fine. It is clearly not city music or free roam music. In no way am I hearing something similar that was played in Florence or Constantinople while free-roaming. The soundtrack is good. But it is clearly cut short and there is no city music. Music playing during missions are pretty standard. This is the first game without city music. And zhengyingli's first post was saying that I was factually wrong or whatever and he used in his own words "people were more complaining about the lack of ambient music" or something along those lines. So he used this word so I guess he was implying free-roam music because this is something everyone was complaining about.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 06:37 AM
It is clearly not city music or free roam music. In no way am I hearing something similar that was played in Florence or Constantinople while free-roaming..
Then it's more of a preference issue.

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Then it's more of a preference issue.

If it is preferene then they should have an option to either play music during free-roam. That lack of it and the shortness of soundtrack is a clear indication they haven't put nearly enough effort as the past games.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
If it is preferene then they should have an option to either play music during free-roam. That lack of it and the shortness of soundtrack is a clear indication they haven't put nearly enough effort as the past games.
Like I said, you're underestimating the amount that's left out of the soundtrack.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Well if you say that this is ambient music than that is fine. It is clearly not city music or free roam music. In no way am I hearing something similar that was played in Florence or Constantinople while free-roaming. The soundtrack is good. But it is clearly cut short and there is no city music. Music playing during missions are pretty standard. This is the first game without city music. And zhengyingli's first post was saying that I was factually wrong or whatever and he used in his own words "people were more complaining about the lack of ambient music" or something along those lines. So he used this word so I guess he was implying free-roam music because this is something everyone was complaining about.
It is Free roam/city music. It`s just not implemented outside of missions..

Cities have a specific ambient theme that plays ONLY during missions and keeps looping during those. so does the Frontier..

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Like I said, you're underestimating the amount that's left out of the soundtrack.

I've played the games (all of them) and listened to all the soundtracks to know enough the soundtracks in AC3 is cut short in comparison to others. No city music. Maybe you are including the sounds when you press a button on the menu or some sound effects. End of discussion.

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 06:55 AM
It is Free roam/city music. It`s just not implemented outside of missions..

Cities have a specific ambient theme that plays ONLY during missions and keeps looping during those. so does the Frontier..

It is not free roam if I'm in the middle of a mission and tries to enter a new area or start a secondary memory and it tells me (cannot be done during memory). No, not free roam. it is during mission and there is a limit on free roam during missions.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 06:57 AM
I've played the games (all of them) and listened to all the soundtracks to know enough the soundtracks in AC3 is cut short in comparison to others. No city music. Maybe you are including the sounds when you press a button on the menu or some sound effects. End of discussion.
So you just "feel" the soundtrack doesn't compare in terms of quantity? That still doesn't disprove my point on the mass amount of music that's left out of the soundtrack. If you want to argue the lack of quality in the compositions, that's cool with me. My argument still stands on the quantitative front.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 06:59 AM
It is not free roam if I'm in the middle of a mission and tries to enter a new area or start a secondary memory and it tells me (cannot be done during memory). No, not free roam. it is during mission and there is a limit on free roam during missions.
That`s not how it works. It`s a track that keeps looping when you`re in a city...so that constitutes as a freeroam/city track. granted it`s not implemented outside of missions, but that`s all you can really complain about..

Because saying that the game has no city music is AGAIN factually wrong; however, Music not being implemented outside of missions is a fact and a legitimate complaint..

Mine and many others`

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 07:07 AM
So you just "feel" the soundtrack doesn't compare in terms of quantity? That still doesn't disprove my point on the mass amount of music that's left out of the soundtrack. If you want to argue the lack of quality in the compositions, that's cool with me. My argument still stands on the quantitative front.

Please list me all the soundtracks from all the games with the lengths of each individual soundtrack and the sum of all soundtracks from each game and compare the length and then talk.

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 07:11 AM
That`s not how it works. It`s a track that keeps looping when you`re in a city...so that constitutes as a freeroam/city track. granted it`s not implemented outside of missions, but that`s all you can really complain about..

Because saying that the game has no city music is AGAIN factually wrong; however, Music not being implemented outside of missions is a fact and a legitimate complaint..

Mine and many others`

They are clearly not city soundtracks. They are just music that helps build suspense and the setting during missions. If we are talking about real city soundtracks it would be something like "welcome to konstantinye","the crossroads of the world" , "byzantium", "Home in Florence", "tour of venice" just to name a few. These are songs specifically dedicated to being played in the city itself. Soundtracks played in the missions are different. I don't recall one song being dedicated to either New York or Boston.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Please list me all the soundtracks from all the games with the lengths of each individual soundtrack and the sum of all soundtracks from each game and compare the length and then talk.
You talkin' 'bout the unreleased tracks, also?

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 07:14 AM
You talkin' 'bout the unreleased tracks, also?

Yes please.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 07:21 AM
Yes please.
That, I cannot do unless I learn how to extract music from the game itself. You'll have better luck in the official soundtrack thread. But, I'll still say that it's not a good practice to compare the length of any game's soundtrack solely based on their respective official album release.

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 07:25 AM
That, I cannot do unless I learn how to extract music from the game itself. You'll have better luck in the official soundtrack thread. But, I'll still say that it's not a good practice to compare the length of any game's soundtrack solely based on their respective official album release.

Still, it is still fair to say based on in game experience and from official soundtracks that it is actually shorter. Maybe I am wrong. But hey, even if they included the full soundtrack list, I highly doubt it will be longer than AC2 or ACR seeing how it lacks proper city soundtracks.

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 07:28 AM
Still, it is still fair to say based on in game experience and from official soundtracks that it is actually shorter. Maybe I am wrong. But hey, even if they included the full soundtrack list, I highly doubt it will be longer than AC2 or ACR seeing how it lacks proper city soundtracks.
You may not be wrong, and I may not be right is what I'm trying to get at. ACIII tracks still may be shorter in bulk(there's still the missing multiplayer tracks), but the official album is just criminal in cutting that awesome Haytham theme and others out.

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 07:35 AM
They are clearly not city soundtracks. They are just music that helps build suspense and the setting during missions. If we are talking about real city soundtracks it would be something like "welcome to konstantinye","the crossroads of the world" , "byzantium", "Home in Florence", "tour of venice" just to name a few. These are songs specifically dedicated to being played in the city itself. Soundtracks played in the missions are different. I don't recall one song being dedicated to either New York or Boston.

I've only played in Boston so far, so I can only talk about that, but Boston has its own soundtrack. It starts as soon as Haytham gets off the ship and keeps playing from time to time. Infact I'm listening to it right now, its one of my favourite from AC III.

EDIT: This one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZDV5X67n8E)

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 07:41 AM
I`m done getting through to you..

I`m obviously not going to deter you from what you believe so keep on..

I`m out

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 07:47 AM
I've only played in Boston so far, so I can only talk about that, but Boston has its own soundtrack. It starts as soon as Haytham gets off the ship and keeps playing from time to time. Infact I'm listening to it right now, its one of my favourite from AC III.

EDIT: This one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZDV5X67n8E)

Well I guess I did leave out that one. Not sure if it is played in New York tho. Honestly I would have never forget if there were more soundtracks dedicated to the cities. It is something you go "uh-huh I remember this song when I was in "insert city". But because there is only one soundtrack, not only it is hard to remember, but also difficult to distinguish itself. No where near on par as the previous game's sountrack where there are at least 3 songs dedicated to one city.

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 07:50 AM
I`m done getting through to you..

I`m obviously not going to deter you from what you believe so keep on..

I`m out

Okay fine, if you think that a soundtrack that is played while doing a mission in Boston constitute a city soundtrack then believe what you are believe.

avk111
11-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Mr Assassins M ,

sir I have sent you a pm please check could you have received it ?

thank you

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Mr Assassins M ,

thank you
Can you send it again please ? I`v received nothing

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Mr Assassins M ,

thank you

That was so polite it almost hurt xD

avk111
11-27-2012, 10:14 AM
That was so polite it almost hurt xD

Thank you Mr Pirate,

You can always help in managing my thread called " DId Connor RIse to justice " under Hints and tips.

please put your interesting perspective on the subject.

Thanks

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Thank you Mr Pirate,

You can always help in managing my thread called " DId Connor RIse to justice " under Hints and tips.

Thanks

Dear avk111,

Be rest assured I would earnestly help you in your endeavor to find out whether Connor did in fact rise to justice or not, once I finish the game.

Once I do, I'll put my thoughts in your esteemed thread.

Till then,

Yours sincerely,
pirate1802.

LilyasAvalon
11-27-2012, 12:02 PM
... IGN? Right? HAHAHAHA.

Oh, you were serious? Let me laugh harder.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 12:09 PM

You`re gonna be called a trolling fan-boy

zhengyingli
11-27-2012, 12:34 PM

I don't care much for their scoring, but the articles are just pure ****. Disorganized throughout with lack of understanding of major mechanics. You'd do better with Game Informer (not a big fan of them either, but this is an exception), who not only rated the game better, but the reviewer actually published an extremely extensive ACIII beginner's guide on the day his review was published. Now that is what I call understanding the game.

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 01:53 PM

Your laugh made me laugh.

LightRey
11-27-2012, 04:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
:o

shobhit7777777
11-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Thank you Mr Pirate,

Thanks

Good Evening Avk. I have one query. Are you from India or the sub-continent?
Awaiting your reply.

Regards
S.

scooper121s
11-27-2012, 08:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
:o

Wow, that was almost exactly like his post :eek:

TinyTemplar
11-28-2012, 08:43 AM
By the way, AC III turned out not so bad as I thought first time. I started to play the homestead missions and, in general, I would say that I take back my words about the stupid quests.
First impression of the game is so unpleasant, that, perhaps, many just do not try to achieve full synchronization, thinking that with Desmond's death the game is over. But if you look closely, you can actually feel the game and realize that it is not inferior to the previous games, but in something it's even better. Thank you, Ubisoft, for yoir fresh look at the games and lack of fear of something new. :)

monster_rambo
11-28-2012, 09:20 AM
By the way, AC III turned out not so bad as I thought first time. I started to play the homestead missions and, in general, I would say that I take back my words about the stupid quests.
First impression of the game is so unpleasant, that, perhaps, many just do not try to achieve full synchronization, thinking that with Desmond's death the game is over. But if you look closely, you can actually feel the game and realize that it is not inferior to the previous games, but in something it's even better. Thank you, Ubisoft, for yoir fresh look at the games and lack of fear of something new. :)

You are right AC III is not a bad game. Unfortunately with the amount of flaws in this game and the way they ruin the modern day story there is very little reason to go on playing. I will still play on and achieve the platinum trophy but like I said, this will be my last game. I simply cannot trust Ubisoft anymore because of their marketing techniques and their broken promises.

TinyTemplar
11-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Well, I won't rush with my decisions, I'll see what they will do to the next game. At least I'll follow the news

BATISTABUS
11-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Let's go through their bullet-points.

+Fantastic Setting: Yep
+Immersive world: Yep
+Loads to do: Yep
-Inconsistent: Somewhat
-Inflexible within missions: If they're talking about "don't be detected" or 100% Synch and other such restrictions, then I disagree. However, if they're talking about the missions that do not play like the rest of the game at all (chases, commanding squads, Paul Revere), then I agree.

Does this equal an 8.5? Not in my mind. Are the criticisms legitimate? For the most part, they seem to be.