PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] My thoughts on the Story of AC:3

Oxford_of_Dale
11-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Rushed.

[Spoilers incoming]

As someone who loves the modern day era part of the AC universe, I was looking forward to Desmond playing a larger role. While what he did was significant, no one acted like it. Daniel Cross and Vidic both die so abruptly, and Desmond doesn't care. I was on the edge of my seat when I killed Daniel Cross. Then nothing happened. I was on the edge of my seat when I killed Vidic. Then nothing happened.

Now the ending. I won't go into too much detail about whether I liked the ending, but they didn't do a good job of it. There is a difference between not knowing what's going on and looking forward to finding out in a sequel, and simply not knowing what just happened. Desmond seems to understand everything about the situation briefly explained by two arguing deities I certainly didn't. And none of the other characters spoke up during this scene, save for William Miles expressing his confusion. Shaun and Rebecca should have had something to say at the end of the world, don't you think?\\

As for Connor, I like him. As a character I can relate to him more than Ezio. But there was no interaction between Desmond and Connor. The relationship between Desmond and Ezio was intimate. Connor was just a shopping list of memories to get to the key at the end; a key which Connor knew nothing about. A key problem with Connor in my eyes is he doesn't feel like an Assassin. In Assassin's Creed 2 we see Ezio slowly come to terms with his heritage and the ancient war between templars and assassins. Connor seems to fight with the Assassin's because it is convenient. The way his story progresses is too disjointed for my taste as well. A series of sequences that don't particularly relate to each other. Charles Lee is the goal at the end, but the final confrontation with him left much to be desired. This is the templar grand master, but Connor doesn't seem to notice. The whole conflict between the templars seems foreign to Connor, and Connor felt foreign to Desmond.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts. Discuss?

agentpoop
11-25-2012, 10:58 AM
agreed

I almost feel as though Connor is forced into the series just cause they felt obligated to have an ancestor. He never really feels important like Ezio did. The whole aspect of being an Assassin is just non existent. And his recruits wearing their street clothes doesnt help that cause either. Desmond should of had one of those post death talks with Vidic.... That'd have helped the gravity of the story so much more. Vidic was really a huge part of the AC universe. I liked his death scene but w/o the talk or even acknowledgment you just killed him leaves something to be desired.

POP1Fan
11-25-2012, 11:23 AM
agreed

I almost feel as though Connor is forced into the series just cause they felt obligated to have an ancestor. He never really feels important like Ezio did. The whole aspect of being an Assassin is just non existent. And his recruits wearing their street clothes doesnt help that cause either. Desmond should of had one of those post death talks with Vidic.... That'd have helped the gravity of the story so much more. Vidic was really a huge part of the AC universe. I liked his death scene but w/o the talk or even acknowledgment you just killed him leaves something to be desired.

The whole point Willam made in his conversation with Desmond after that mission could have been expalined much better in a post-death scene.