PDA

View Full Version : What scene from Ac3 took your breath away? SPOILERS!!!!

StarzSuicide
11-25-2012, 07:56 AM
The back an forth with Hickey. That was INTENSE. By far my fave part of AC ever.

The emotion and realism in it is pure genius. I felt bad for Connor. But he is my face because he still fights... Even if his hands will always be empty.... I'd live by the creed if i was taken by some horrific event and told to become an assassin.

DOWN WITH THE TEMPLARS!!
DOWN WITH TGE DATHER IF UNDERSTANDING!!

FOR THE CREED!!!!!!!!

SOMETIMES I EAT TOAST!!!

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 08:42 AM
ASSASSINI!!! INSEMA PER LA VITTORIA!!!
My favorite scene was Haythams dying moment "Don't think i'm going to caress you cheek and say I was wrong"

AdrianJacek
11-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Let's not draw this out. You've got nowhere to go and I've got a gun. Speaking of which... It's the 21st century and you're still running around with only a tiny knife for protection? It's stupid.

agentpoop
11-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Desmond killing Vidic, Haytham's early plot twist, Connor finally putting on the hood (took long enough...) and everything with TOWCB except for the ending

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Finding out that Juno had a Husband....who she stabbed with a Knife..

Seriously that ***** needs to work out her Relationship issues......away from Desmond

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Finding out that Juno had a Husband....who she stabbed with a Knife..

Seriously that ***** needs to work out her Relationship issues......away from Desmond
XD, but seriously, yes she does

zhengyingli
11-25-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm going for a less obvious scene. Getting help for Prudence's about to be birthed baby. That music..... wow.

BeCk41
11-25-2012, 11:17 AM
◘ When Juno explained the history of the place Desmond was in- it was just so moving to me, as every sentence she said made me connect with the "others who came before" more than ever.

◘ Soaring as an Eagle while events were being explained to you. This was just incredible with the surrealism, the game could have opened with this scene and I would have been one of the best openings to a game ever.

Aphex_Tim
11-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Desmond's rampage at Abstergo. That was so f*cking awesome! :p

kriegerdesgottes
11-25-2012, 11:31 AM
I agree actually. I really loved the conversation Connor had with Hickey. That was def one of my favorites.

TheHumanTowel
11-25-2012, 11:43 AM
The end of Haytham's fight with Connor, when he's strangling him. Dat speech.

Dtanobo
11-25-2012, 01:43 PM
I just finished and I'm going to say charles lees death. No words, a final drink and the blades kill. The title screen I thought was amazing mainly because I didn't suspect it. Haytham was an amazing character and completely arrogant (in a good way) and his banter with his son. There are so many scenes though I can't remember them now. I can say Assassin's creed 3 (while have a disappointing ending) was AMAZING

roostersrule2
11-25-2012, 02:02 PM
When Connor's talking to Washington and Haytham and says "A warning to you both - choose to follow me or oppose me and I will kill you." Also when Connor kills Pitcairn that speech was amazing showed that Templars aren't just bad guys and the facial animation was awesome. The Abstergo mission with Desmond was Desmond's biggest highlight of the series.

MasterAssasin84
11-25-2012, 02:08 PM
The back an forth with Hickey. That was INTENSE. By far my fave part of AC ever.

The emotion and realism in it is pure genius. I felt bad for Connor. But he is my face because he still fights... Even if his hands will always be empty.... I'd live by the creed if i was taken by some horrific event and told to become an assassin.

DOWN WITH THE TEMPLARS!!
DOWN WITH TGE DATHER IF UNDERSTANDING!!

FOR THE CREED!!!!!!!!

SOMETIMES I EAT TOAST!!!

I just love the scene were Haytham discovered the note that detailed George Washingtons order to wipe out Connors people , i actualy though that was quite emotional on both parts,

Haytham was very keen to help connor who himself was reeling with shock from Washingtons betrayal and when Connor turned Haythams help down he looked genuinly hurt , it was like he really wanted to get to know his son and salvage their relationship !!.

I really did feel for the both Connor and Haytham.

SaintPerkele
11-25-2012, 02:13 PM
I have not played the whole game yet, so I'm skipping most of these posts.

When it comes to main scenes of the game (so far) definitely Lee's introduction in the "Assassin" order. Shaun's "Wait, what?" was exactly my thought in that moment. The whole beginning was brilliantly executed by the developers.

Entering the Opera in London was amazing too. Seeing so many NPCs in one spot for the first time was awesome and climbing the inside of the building was breath-taking.

Also, most sea battles. Especially when there's thunder and huge waves.

My most favourites scenes however are the somewhat random events. I was entering Black Creek for the first time (think it was summer and sunset, so orange-ish beams of light were coming through the branches. I was slowly climbing through the trees, admiring the forest (definitely my most favourite part of the Frontier!), no humans nearby and
then I spotted two Wapitis fighting with their antlers. I was climbing down, they saw me and ran away in different directions. That moment was just beautiful.

Quite nice was also walking through Boston Harbour on a summer morning and seeing a small boy teaching a dog to sit up and beg. It was close to an assassination target, so he saw me murdering the guy and ran away with the dog following him.
I love the atmopshere of ACIII so much. Can't wait to spot more of these events.

Kaschra
11-25-2012, 02:17 PM
The Haytham plottwist during the end of sequence 3 - I seriously jumped out of my seat xD

Desmond's rampage at Abstergo - especially killing Vidic and then walking out like a boss.

Hickey's death speech - because, in the end, he was right.

Charles Lee's death - I dunno, it's just epic because neither him nor Connor said a word. Lee knew it was his end.

Haytham's fight with Connor and his death speech - ****, that was intense. And I jsimply love Haytham's voice.

Achilles' death - that was really sad ;__;

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 02:34 PM
- Every memory corridor scene. This game reminded me of AC1 in how interesting the back-and-forths were. Plus, they composed the most amazing music piece to play while you're in the memory corridor.

- Haytham's plot twist. My jaw dropped. I was actually suspicious of Church, but never suspected Haytham.

- Charles Lee strangling 4-year old Connor. "You are nothing but a speck of dust!"

- The "crystal ball" scene.

- The execution scene. That one really took me by surprise in how cinematic it was.

- Every time in a battle that you had to retreat. That music would start playing and everyone would be running around you.

- Battle of Charlestown. Did you see the buildings fall apart?

- Haytham and Connor's debates.

- Lee's end.

- Norris and Myriam's wedding. :)

- Achille's death :(

- All 6 of the First Civ plans.

- William punching Desmond.

- First time seeing the skyline in modern day. I know we see modern day cities all the time in games, but AC built up to it, and made me genuinely excited to see it. Also, the MMA? stadium. And Abstergo HQ. All of Desmond's missions were awesome.

- The end. Yes, it was underwhelming, but discovering Juno had been freed was a very interesting development. One I didn't see coming. Though when you think back, they DID foreshadow it.

roostersrule2
11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Surely there were more people that figured out the Haytham Templar twist, you could tell when he was given that list of names and how they referred their group as the Order not the Assassins.

xboxauditore
11-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Charles Lee when he is at Haythams funeral, and Ratohnhake:ton shows up.

"I will burn your village to the ground, Roast the heads of your elders in the flames!"

Or the Battle of Chesapeake, Favourite mission by far.

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Surely there were more people that figured out the Haytham Templar twist, you could tell when he was given that list of names and how they referred their group as the Order not the Assassins.

I've actually referred to the Assassins as "the Assassin Order" before, so it flew past me. Plus, the Templar recruits had Assassin symbols over them!

roostersrule2
11-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Charles Lee when he is at Haythams funeral, and Ratohnhake:ton shows up.

"I will burn your village to the ground, Roast the heads of your elders in the flames!"

Or the Battle of Chesapeake, Favourite mission by far.That and the Battle of Bunker Hill.

roostersrule2
11-25-2012, 03:13 PM
I've actually referred to the Assassins as "the Assassin Order" before, so it flew past me. Plus, the Templar recruits had Assassin symbols over them!It's not that their calling it the order, but It's because their not calling it the assassins.

willstannard
11-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Young Connor: what...is your name? Charles Lee: Charles Lee, why do you ask? Young Connor: So I can find you!

rocketxsurgeon
11-25-2012, 06:19 PM
ASSASSINI!!! INSEMA PER LA VITTORIA!!!
My favorite scene was Haythams dying moment "Don't think i'm going to caress you cheek and say I was wrong"

I have to agree with this one, loved the speech by Haytham.

Dangerzone50
11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Achilles passing away did it for me... that and the "AHA!" moment that followed, as you realize that the woman and child in the painting are his wife and child Connor and Abagail, buried on the hill with him... also explaining why Achilles chose the name "Connor" for Ratonhnhake:ton... it was moving, well thought, and very subtle, i bet a lot of players missed the connections

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 06:33 PM
It's not that their calling it the order, but It's because their not calling it the assassins.

They didn't call each other Templars, either. And, like I said before, the HUD does refer to them as Assassins.

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Achilles passing away did it for me... that and the "AHA!" moment that followed, as you realize that the woman and child in the painting are his wife and child Connor and Abagail, buried on the hill with him... also explaining why Achilles chose the name "Connor" for Ratonhnhake:ton... it was moving, well thought, and very subtle, i bet a lot of players missed the connections

I found the graves before Achilles died, and so jumped the ball way ahead on that reveal. Was touching, though.

cmrggamer
11-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Wow, so many good scenes here.
-Haytham and Connor scenes--it was interesting to see how their relationship developed. Connor so desperately wanted his father, but they're both proud and they would never be able to agree. Also, I loved Haytham's voice. From what I've read about other people's comments, Haytham had a difficult past and this makes him interesting to me. They showed snippets of him letting down his guard, showing his affection just in the tiniest ways with facial expressions, even when he was so careful to not let his emotions get the best of him. The death scene was really quite sad... "I should have killed you long ago."
-Even though I knew it was coming, when Connor's mother died I was really saddened by it, too. I really liked her as a characters, I kind of wish we could have seen more of her and Connor's relationship.
-The scenes with Lee. I think when he found Connor as a kid and Connor's mother had talked about the dark hunger in Haytham's eyes...you really could see it Lee's as he had Connor up against the tree. Goosebumps.
-As everyone has been saying, the last words with all of the targets have been really interesting; Hickey's was one of my favorites. I love how it was less black-and-white like in AC1, because it makes the player relate to Connor more with the difficulty in his decisions. For some reason, I also liked the death scene between Haytham and Braddock.
SIDE NOTE: Does anyone know where we can get the music that plays in the background during these scenes? It's definitely one of my favorite pieces. It sounds similar to one of the tracks from the soundtrack, but it's...sadder.
-I love the little things in the game, like the animals interacting together, the people doing little jobs around the cities, the stories of the people in the Homestead. I loved climbing up the trees when the sun was breaking over the mountains--it was beautiful.
-Achilles death. I knew it was going to be a painting of his family...and as someone mentioned above, the fact that he named Connor that was very subtle but nice too.

pirate1802
11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
I just started playing ACa III and till now I'd say the sight of snow-covered Boston in night, as lamps are lighted around the street. It may not seem much but it really reminded me of The Christmas Carol. :')