PDA

View Full Version : Connor's voice acting

ace3001
11-25-2012, 05:57 AM
Is it just me, or is Connor's voice acting a bit too monotonous? I guess it was okay during the main story missions (Except for when he was speaking in the Native American language. That was horrendous, but that was pretty much for all Native American characters. Did the Animus lose the ability to translate voices with the new update Rebecca did?), but when it comes to stuff outside it, like Homestead missions, it's as if he's just reading out the lines monotonously like a robot.

rileypoole1234
11-25-2012, 05:59 AM
English isn't his first language. I thought the same as you at first, but then I thought more on it and I really like it now. I guess it just took time to get used to it.

XxFEARLESSEINxX
11-25-2012, 06:01 AM
Is it just me, or is Connor's voice acting a bit too monotonous? I guess it was okay during the main story missions (Except for when he was speaking in the Native American language. That was horrendous, but that was pretty much for all Native American characters. Did the Animus lose the ability to translate voices with the new update Rebecca did?), but when it comes to stuff outside it, like Homestead missions, it's as if he's just reading out the lines monotonously like a robot.

He's Native-American in his language using emotion in speech (like Japanese) is a strange concept.
You could have turned subtitles on, it'll translate the languages.

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 06:04 AM
I thought his voice acting was sub-par at first as well, but it grew on me. And by the end of the story, I loved hearing Connor speak. Can't really say what changed my mind exactly.

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 06:11 AM
It's how native Americans really speak in English (I know because his voice actors Native american) and it can easily grow on you, and the argument he doesn't convey much emotion in his voice is ridiculous, not only that he conveys much emotion in his body language as well.

ace3001
11-25-2012, 06:11 AM
So, talking with little emotion is a normal thing to Native Americans? Something I didn't consider.

http://i.imgur.com/l9IdRl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/l9IdR.jpg)
I mean, for lines like this, for example, I'd normally expect someone to say with some feeling, rather than drawling it out.

He's Native-American in his language using emotion in speech (like Japanese) is a strange concept.
You could have turned subtitles on, it'll translate the languages.I meant that the previous games translated the Italian voices to English voices, under the excuse that the Animus could translate the voice itself. But suddenly, the Animus can't do it in this game.

Oh, and off topic, but related to the quote above: Japanese show enough emotion when speaking.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 06:13 AM
"GIVE ME LEE"

Nuff said

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 06:14 AM
"GIVE ME LEE"

Nuff said
Plenty of emotion

XxFEARLESSEINxX
11-25-2012, 06:14 AM
So, talking with little emotion is a normal thing to Native Americans? Something I didn't consider.

http://i.imgur.com/l9IdRl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/l9IdR.jpg)
I mean, for lines like this, for example, I'd normally expect someone to say with some feeling, rather than drawling it out.

I meant that the previous games translated the Italian voices to English voices, under the excuse that the Animus could translate the voice itself. But suddenly, the Animus can't do it in this game.

Oh, and off topic, but related to the quote above: Japanese show enough emotion when speaking.

I would say that they wanted to add some Native-American culture into the game.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 06:17 AM
Plenty of emotion
Indeed...

Ezio only showed that emotion when he asked Ahmet about Sofia..LULZ xD

"WHERE IS SHE" Hahahaha !! You Old Pervert :P

TrueAssassin77
11-25-2012, 06:21 AM
ezio never used alot of emotion really... he just had an awesome accent to hide that fact... connor on the other hand has no accent... and he has an awesome voice actor

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 06:24 AM
ezio never used alot of emotion really... he just had an awesome accent to hide that fact... connor on the other hand has no accent... and he has an awesome voice actor
I know right ?
Connor felt happy enough...he does not have to be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m_rPCLOCbg

ace3001
11-25-2012, 06:24 AM
Ezio never showed emotion? Are you guys being sarcastic or something? :/

LieutenantJojo
11-25-2012, 06:26 AM
The main problem I had with the Connor's voice is the fact that 13 year old Connor sounds the exact same as 25 year old Connor. It's quite ridiculous.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 06:27 AM
Ezio never showed emotion? Are you guys being sarcastic or something? :/
Not really no...

Ezio was really always "Cool" AFTER he became an Assassin. He never showed anger AFTER he became an Assassin..

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 06:28 AM
Indeed...

Ezio only showed that emotion when he asked Ahmet about Sofia..LULZ xD

"WHERE IS SHE" Hahahaha !! You Old Pervert :P
XD

XxFEARLESSEINxX
11-25-2012, 06:29 AM
The main problem I had with the Connor's voice is the fact that 14 year old Connor sounds the exact same as 28 year old Connor. It's quite ridiculous.

FIXED!
It's called puberty, he must have been an early bloomer!
XD

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 06:29 AM
The main problem I had with the Connor's voice is the fact that 13 year old Connor sounds the exact same as 25 year old Connor. It's quite ridiculous.
Not really..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7UaWL3clRM

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Not really..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7UaWL3clRM
Holy ****, that sounds.... jeez :eek:

Jexx21
11-25-2012, 06:43 AM
That second Peg Leg mission?

"GIVE ME WHAT BELONGS TO ME!"

classic Connor

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 06:45 AM

classic Connor
"We NEED to get out of here"
"You don't say ?"
xD

ace3001
11-25-2012, 06:48 AM

classic Connor"GIVE ME WHAT I CAME HERE FOR!"
I actually laughed at that. Felt like he was screaming like a kid who had his favourite toy taken away by someone. :p

And there was also "If I ever see you on this land again, I will END YOU".

Not that Connor didn't have his share of outbursts. I'm talking about normal speech.

Not really no...

Ezio was really always "Cool" AFTER he became an Assassin. He never showed anger AFTER he became an Assassin..
It's not just anger that I'm referring to as emotion. He didn't speak in monotone like Connor does. And he was angry enough when facing the pope, and that was long after he became an Assassin.

TrueAssassin77
11-25-2012, 06:50 AM
ezio does speak in monotone... his accent hides it man.

Jexx21
11-25-2012, 06:50 AM
I actually thought that the second Peg Leg mission was seriously badass.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 06:51 AM
"GIVE ME WHAT I CAME HERE FOR!"
I actually laughed at that. Felt like he was screaming like a kid who had his favourite toy taken away by someone. :p

And there was also "If I ever see you on this land again, I will END YOU".

Not that Connor didn't have his share of outbursts. I'm talking about normal speech.

It's not just anger that I'm referring to as emotion. He didn't speak in monotone like Connor does. And he was angry enough when facing the pope, and that was long after he became an Assassin.
Angry at the Pope ?? xD When was that ?? It was cool anger really...

Dont get me wrong. I LOVED Ezio...But Connor showed WAY more VARIED emotion...

did you ever see Ezio genuinely happy ? Ezio was always cool, flirty, surprised or angry :P

When Connor was angry he WAS angry...When he was happy..You could feel it..he does not have to be "YAAAAAAAAY" I felt it..his face..his body language. and when Connor was cold..Boy was he COLD

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 06:54 AM

did you ever see Ezio genuinely happy ? Ezio was always cool, flirty, surprised or angry :P

When Connor was angry he WAS angry...When he was happy..You could feel it..he does not have to be "YAAAAAAAAY" I felt it..his face..his body language. and when Connor was cold..Boy was he COLD
And when he was sad, it could make you feel sad too

ace3001
11-25-2012, 06:57 AM
I actually thought that the second Peg Leg mission was seriously badass.It was badass indeed. I still have yet to figure out how to perform those "running assassinations", though. I don't think I've ever done one of those.

I felt like when Connor was angry, he was angry, and when he was happy, he was monotone. It's not exactly about what kinda emotions he has. It's how he delivers the lines. Considering as Noah Watts is a Native American, I guess maybe that really is how they speak.

And Ezio was angry enough at the pope. Especially in the first "kill" sequence, where Rodrigo pretty much plays dead.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 06:59 AM
And when he was sad, it could make you feel sad too
Connor`s sorrow got to me mostly through his facial emotion...

Those eyes, man
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdwfwsY7u61r7wdmp.png

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Connor`s sorrow got to me mostly through his facial emotion...

Those eyes, man
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdwfwsY7u61r7wdmp.png
you just made me sad :(

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 07:04 AM
you just made me sad :(
Cry xD

ace3001
11-25-2012, 07:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4iyjgl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/4iyjg.jpg)

I'm not talking about a lack of emotion, guys. I'm talking about a lack of emotion in normal speech, whenever he isn't having an outburst of emotion.

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Cry xD
Ratonhnhake:ton ftw
go home Ezio

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 07:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4iyjgl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/4iyjg.jpg)

I'm not talking about a lack of emotion, guys. I'm talking about a lack of emotion in normal speech, whenever he isn't having an outburst of emotion.
I understand xD
I was just making a point..

There are people who speak that way..

Try living a life where your held by the throat, hit with a rifle butt, see people burning alive and witness your mother dying when you`re 5...then live with the thought that at any minute DOZENS of Colonists are going to smash your home and take your land when you`re 14 then kill people for a living when you`re 18 and kill your father when you`re 27...What a happy life...he probably doe snot even know HOW to convey happiness

TrueAssassin77
11-25-2012, 07:10 AM
get over it. his voice acting is fine.

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Now now...

Lets remain Civil here;)

It`s going pretty good, really..

first OP not to blatantly say "OH CONNOR ZUCKS"

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 07:12 AM
I understand xD

Try living a life where your held by the throat, hit with a rifle butt, see people burning alive and witness your mother dying when you`re 5...then live with the thought that at any minute DOZENS of Colonists are going to smash your home and take your land when you`re 14 then kill people for a living when you`re 18 and kill your father when you`re 27...What a happy life...he probably doe snot even know HOW to convey happiness
What a horrible life :( you just made me doubly sad:(

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 07:12 AM
What a horrible life :( you just made me doubly sad:(
Cry with a Passion xD

TrueAssassin77
11-25-2012, 07:14 AM
Now now...

Lets remain Civil here;)

It`s going pretty good, really..

first OP not to blatantly say "OH CONNOR ZUCKS"

ill settle down... for now

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 07:14 AM
ill settle down... for now
Thank you:)

ace3001
11-25-2012, 07:42 AM
I understand xD

Try living a life where your held by the throat, hit with a rifle butt, see people burning alive and witness your mother dying when you`re 5...then live with the thought that at any minute DOZENS of Colonists are going to smash your home and take your land when you`re 14 then kill people for a living when you`re 18 and kill your father when you`re 27...What a happy life...he probably doe snot even know HOW to convey happinessThat's true. If that tone of voice is intentional, your point stands. That's something I didn't consider. Mainly cause there were points in the main story where he actually spoke with emotion.

http://i.imgur.com/Hvcu7.jpg

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 07:49 AM
That's true. If that tone of voice is intentional, your point stands. That's something I didn't consider. Mainly cause there were points in the main story where he actually spoke with emotion.

The Emotions he showed during the Story that were emphasized on were either anger or sorrow...the only 2 he ever lived with his entire life..He was literally surrounded by anger and sorrow

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 07:50 AM
The Emotions he showed during the Story that were emphasized on were either anger or sorrow...the only 2 he ever lived with his entire life..He was literally surrounded by anger and sorrow
Which is really sad, i'm triply sad now, you have to stop posting about that:(

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 07:52 AM
Which is really sad, i'm triply sad now, you have to stop posting about that:(
And you have to stop being a drama queen:p

FirestarLuva
11-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Connor's voice was just right.
Now that I think of it, Ezio's voice hardly showed any emotion except a few times. People didn't find it monotonous because he had an accent.
Anyway, I wonder who voiced child Connor in the game. I really loved his voice when he was a child. Usually child voice actors are god **** annoying, but I appreciate that Ubi chose carefully and didn't hire the first child they met along the way. Something interesting I noticed though, it might seem stupid, but don't you guys find young Connor's voice similar to young Simba's from The Lion King? XD Even their adult voices are similar at times, though Connor's voice seems a bit more deep. :P