PDA

View Full Version : Knife throwing noobs

WayneCain2
11-25-2012, 05:15 AM
Ok from what I'm noticing the game is making it easier for knife killing noobs...1)take out mute and charge 2) lengthen the cooldown of smoke (which isn't a bad thing just an observation) 3) taking out the drop stun. Now I've played th game for a while now, I consider myself a fairly good player, but I haven't found an answer (other than smoke) for someone who knifes me and runs at me before I'm given a chance a couter-knife. Any tips from the community.

DroppedClock56
11-25-2012, 05:25 AM
@waynecain2

knife rushers are a real problem now and it seems that ubisoft supports them. The thing is though smoke is almost the only answer but if u have really good strategy, your target would not even know you are coming therefor not having a chance to throw a knife. Thats really the only thing I can think of though sadly. Knife you then just knife em back =)

Fezzul
11-25-2012, 05:38 AM
use wipe/knife/animus shield before they knife you, don't be so obvious, use terrain to block them, laugh when they kill you for 100-150 points

BadNeighbour010
11-25-2012, 09:21 AM
I don't think there's anything you can do about it. Once you're knifed and if your smoke is gone and they're too close for a counter knife, you're pretty much screwed.

BigUrn
11-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Well if someone knifes you and runs straight at you and stuns you then you just got lagged as you knife stuns don't work that way. You can knife stun by trickery such as knifing them acting like your running away behind them and stun.

Crumplecorn
11-25-2012, 12:39 PM
I've never had anyone knife me before running me down. Why would anyone do that?

SoXFan231642
11-25-2012, 12:50 PM
people complain about every ability , just play simple deathmatch or something else ( as in, a different game).
im surprised i havent seen any threads complaining about decoy and bodyguard yet.
It gets old hearing people screaming over the mic no matter what people do.
its a good thing muting people is easy.

Carbiner
11-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Well this isn't exactly a "noob" tactic except that the ubiquitousness of knives does serve as yet another balancing measure to make Wanted more enjoyable in AC3. The most noobiest of noob knife tosses: throw one at a dude standing directly over a ledge, climb up and grab kill. Pure noob tactics, all the time. I will say its annoying when someone knifes you mid climbing animation and you don't fall but wind up in the above situation instead, but a clean knife on a watcher is fine.

EldestPainter
11-25-2012, 02:40 PM
I've been using the animus shield and 'seems' to be working. Blocked a few ranged attacks, although I can't say for sure they were all knives, but I have been hit with knives once as you can throw them by just tapping the Y button, and the shield takes a bit of time to engage, so that's a bit of an issue.

Also, knife stuns are WAY to easy now, they need to adjust that a bit so that there is less time you have between when you hit your pursuer with a knife to when you can stun.

EldestPainter
11-25-2012, 02:50 PM
The most noobiest of noob knife tosses: throw one at a dude standing directly over a ledge, climb up and grab kill. Pure noob tactics, all the time.

How is this a noob tactic? Punishing someone for standing on a roof looking over a ledge is wonderful. If anything, it's a nooby to be standing on a ledge.

Archybad
11-25-2012, 03:02 PM
How is this a noob tactic? Punishing someone for standing on a roof looking over a ledge is wonderful. If anything, it's a nooby to be standing on a ledge.
Nah, bro. That's way more nooby than knifing your target so you can throw smoke at them before sprinting and activating your shield to secure those delicious hundred points. :rolleyes:

EldestPainter
11-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Nah, bro. That's way more nooby than knifing your target so you can throw smoke at them before sprinting and activating your shield to secure those delicious hundred points. :rolleyes:

The most noobiest of noob knife tosses: throw one at a dude standing directly over a ledge, climb up and grab kill. Pure noob tactics, all the time.

I agree, 100 point knife, rush kills = 'noob'

I also feel that getting a grab kill on someone standing on a roof or ledge using knives is not even close to being on the same "noob level" as 100 point rush kills.

Fair to say we are in agreement?

SeeknDestroy1318
11-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Knives aren't noobish, it's noobs who use knives just to slow you down to run at you and get reckless kills, contested kills that are noobish. The fact that i can use a knife to prevent you from contesting my kills so i can get a silent/incog without having to worry about someone running away everytime they hear whispers in order to bait and stun is perfectly anti-noobish, if anything it balances the game greatly against roofers, reckless runners, OSB'ers etc. If i get knifed smoke bomb works, bodyguard can work, firecrackers are great and hilarious(especially in assassinate) so yea there isn't some uber simple counter to knives but there are ways to do it.

I like to think of knives as my own in game message to slow down!!

SillySin
11-25-2012, 03:59 PM
use wipe/knife/animus shield before they knife you, don't be so obvious, use terrain to block them, laugh when they kill you for 100-150 points

This ^

Pryotra
11-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Knives aren't noobish, it's noobs who use knives just to slow you down to run at you and get reckless kills, contested kills that are noobish. The fact that i can use a knife to prevent you from contesting my kills so i can get a silent/incog without having to worry about someone running away everytime they hear whispers in order to bait and stun is perfectly anti-noobish, if anything it balances the game greatly against roofers, reckless runners, OSB'ers etc. If i get knifed smoke bomb works, bodyguard can work, firecrackers are great and hilarious(especially in assassinate) so yea there isn't some uber simple counter to knives but there are ways to do it.

I like to think of knives as my own in game message to slow down!!

I agree, though I use knives pretty liberally. Free incogs/silent kills and stuns without having to worry about contested is really nice, and hard to pass up in a world with contested kills.

@bigurn BTW, that isn't necessarily how it works. You can easily get a stun/uncontested kill from in front, you just have to know the ranges and take into account the direction and speed they are going. I love getting stuns on those greedy people who still beeline towards you even when knifed. It is even easier to get the incog with that now, though I find civilian walking well will get you alot of uncontested kills if done well.

Leo_12521
11-25-2012, 05:28 PM
I think the main problem is that knives are in default set one. ^^ If both were with disruption you would get disrupted all the time before they were sprinting at you. Most noobs just use abilities randomly and hope they will secure their kill or save them like moneybombs when you knive them but that with the knives actually works if the defender has no smoke or shield so theyre learning that they get stunned not that often if they use their knives first and so its getting more and more of a problem.

EldestPainter
11-25-2012, 06:54 PM
I though I find civilian walking well will get you alot of uncontested kills if done well.

this

n00bfi_97
11-25-2012, 06:55 PM
The lies not with knives or Ubisoft but rather the people using them.