PDA

View Full Version : AC3 seems very glitchy (PS3)

Riquez
11-25-2012, 04:00 AM
I only just started playing but already there seems to be a huge number of glitches or weird jumps in the story. I am getting totally lost.

I go into the green dragon talk to a guy, then when i leave im in some totally different area in the countryside. I do a mission & then im suddenly somewhere else - it happened about 4 or 5 times.
Cuts scenes are glitchy too; im talking to the captain of the ship & he doesn't move his mouth. I was wondering who the hell was speaking - LOL

Just now I am starting sequence 3, the last task was to free the prisoners & then escape. At the main gate are a line of riflemen, but to the side are about 5 guys all stuck on a small wall - they cant seem to move so i just stand there & calmly shoot each one with my pistol.
Then i hoped over the side wall & jump on a horse. Suddenly a cut scene starts : shooting the general & some dude with me i have never seen before - its like it skipped a huge part of the story.

Is this happening to everyone?

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 04:04 AM
The Glitches ? Happened to some, never happened to me..

Story ? You`re probably not paying enough attention.... (I`m saying maybe)

montagemik
11-25-2012, 04:10 AM
I'm on PS3 , Worked fine for me too.

Mine doesn't play how you're describing it .

chinsky
11-25-2012, 04:13 AM
I only just started playing but already there seems to be a huge number of glitches or weird jumps in the story. I am getting totally lost.

I go into the green dragon talk to a guy, then when i leave im in some totally different area in the countryside. I do a mission & then im suddenly somewhere else - it happened about 4 or 5 times.
Cuts scenes are glitchy too; im talking to the captain of the ship & he doesn't move his mouth. I was wondering who the hell was speaking - LOL

Just now I am starting sequence 3, the last task was to free the prisoners & then escape. At the main gate are a line of riflemen, but to the side are about 5 guys all stuck on a small wall - they cant seem to move so i just stand there & calmly shoot each one with my pistol.
Then i hoped over the side wall & jump on a horse. Suddenly a cut scene starts : shooting the general & some dude with me i have never seen before - its like it skipped a huge part of the story.

Hello,
The same glitching situation is happening to me. I free the prisoners and then it jumps to the next chapter desyncronizing me. It states I failed killing the General and did not avoid open conflict. I start at the gate with my companions in Red Coat uniforms at the prison gate. I have attempted to retry it a few times, but each time it repeats. I have yet to resolve the glitch.

Riquez
11-25-2012, 04:16 AM
Well it seems i did kill the general, as I am now on the next chapter - but i didnt actually kill him or meet him or do any objectives - it just suddenly jumped to after this point in the story with no explanation.

montagemik
11-25-2012, 04:25 AM
Well it seems i did kill the general, as I am now on the next chapter - but i didnt actually kill him or meet him or do any objectives - it just suddenly jumped to after this point in the story with no explanation.

The general is one of the officers near the prisoners in the stocks - the guys you freed . So you did kill him at some point . & that was the final mission in MEMORY 2 .

chinsky
11-25-2012, 04:31 AM
You are correct that the man is not the general. You kill him in a later chapter. Any suggestion what may cause why the target is stated is killed and the glitch occurs? It skips the seqence and will not allow me to complete it.

Riquez
11-25-2012, 05:03 AM
The general is one of the officers near the prisoners in the stocks - the guys you freed . So you did kill him at some point . & that was the final mission in MEMORY 2 .

When I said I killed the general I mean at the part where there is a line of guys protecting the main gate. There is a cut scene showing you kill him with a pistol.
What happened is this: I did not go to the gate - I climbed over the wall on the left side & down some wooden steps. There was a horse, which i got on. At this point it desynchronised & i failed the mission. However, it then shows a cut scene shooting the general & now i am on sequence 3.

In my DNA for sequence2 the last part is "infiltrate southgate" there are 4 objectives. All of them are incomplete, including kill the general. But I have watched the cutscene of me killing him - thus, it has glitched.

XxFEARLESSEINxX
11-25-2012, 05:17 AM

You own a PS3 worst 'console' for sandbox games.
It's specific to that sad excuse for a console.
Have fun having the worst Assassins Creed III experience!

montagemik
11-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Yeah , so crap they had to include extra content by way of compensation - all on one disc too - it's outrageous. :eek:
They only included the same fixes for the patch on all console systems to cover their backs - truly shocking .
(that was sarcasm by the way for the misinformed previous helpful poster)

That isn't the General in the cutscene you're watching - The general is an officer patrolling on the far right side next to the single prisoner in the stocks -
Look for him with Eagle vision - Then he's highlighted with a Blue icon on your minimap .

Try to pay attention to the game before blaming your failures on the game itself - it saves embarressment.
Perhaps look for a guide on the internet if you're really struggling this much early on.

chinsky
11-25-2012, 07:04 AM
When I said I killed the general I mean at the part where there is a line of guys protecting the main gate. There is a cut scene showing you kill him with a pistol.
What happened is this: I did not go to the gate - I climbed over the wall on the left side & down some wooden steps. There was a horse, which i got on. At this point it desynchronised & i failed the mission. However, it then shows a cut scene shooting the general & now i am on sequence 3.

In my DNA for sequence2 the last part is "infiltrate southgate" there are 4 objectives. All of them are incomplete, including kill the general. But I have watched the cutscene of me killing him - thus, it has glitched.

Hello,

I will continue researching your glitch as well as mine as they appearat the same chapter and checkpoint.

Riquez
11-25-2012, 07:16 AM
That isn't the General in the cutscene you're watching - The general is an officer patrolling on the far right side next to the single prisoner in the stocks -
Look for him with Eagle vision - Then he's highlighted with a Blue icon on your minimap .

OK, well I have misunderstood that part then. I assumed the guy you execute in the cut scene was the General.

Regardless, something is definitely wrong here - i desync because i left the area & yet it shows the final cutscene & sends me to the next sequence - that cannot be right.