PDA

View Full Version : ACIII Crashes Make It Impossible to Play

BlueFriesian
11-25-2012, 12:06 AM
I noticed when I first started playing the game that it crashed every so often when I was in the colonies (boston mostly). However when in the frontier, it never crashed. It was playable and tolerable at first. But now literally can't continue the story/play the game. My last save is in the middle of Boston, every time I load it up, it crashes near immediately.

My Specs:

Intel i7 930 6-Core CPU
Evga Nvidia 570 GeForce
Evga Classified x58 Motherboard
8GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
850W Corsair PSU
1TB Memory
Windows 7 OS

I run the game off of steam. People have told me to run MSI Afterburner to boost my Mv to 1000-1100, however I was already running at 1175 Mv.

Any love for PC stability?

odankris
11-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Using the same GPU (gtx 570) and I can play the game maybe for 10-15 minutes before the crash. I did notice that this game is the only one crashing in this way and the only one causing the gpu to spin up very louldy (overheating?). Other games that are more demanding run fine (Witcher 2, Crysis, etc.) Never got this error before, so it's maybe something with the coding of the renderer in game (DX 11 path?). Once again, I'm only getting this error/crash with AC III.

Stiler
11-28-2012, 02:29 AM
Both of you guys most likely can fix it by upping your voltage to your cards. It's a known problem with the 570/580 gpu's.

Just be careful to keep the voltage within the safe range for your cards and check the temperature why you do it to make sure under load it doesn't get too hot.

On a 580 here, 1100 voltage worked for me and i can play with 0 crashing. This has worked for many people, see:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/728020-GTX-580-driver-stoppes-working-crashes-in-Assassins-Creed-3

Alclarity
11-28-2012, 04:52 AM
There is a beta driver out from Nvidia that addresses some crashing issues as well: Look for version 310.61

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us