PDA

View Full Version : Homestead Mission "The Fight" - Baffling minigame makes no sense

Rikeus
11-24-2012, 07:01 PM
So I'm doing the homestead mission "The Fight". The mission requires you to separate two fighting lumberjacks through a convoluted minigame (as though AC3 didn't have enough of them) that the game does absolutely nothing to explain, as though it were all self explanatory and I should feel stupid for not knowing what to do. The minigame has two controls, WASD on the left and up, down, left, right arrows on the right (which I imagine replaces left and right analogue stick on console). A, D, left arrow and right arrow move their symbols left and right, and as far as I can tell the others don't actually do anything. There's also some sort of moving bar on each side, and when one goes to the middle one of the guys hits the other. What the bloody hell am I supposed to do with this? I can't even look at both bars at the same time, so I imagine even if I do figure out what the **** I'm meant to be doing, I'll have to become a chameleon to actually do it. What the hell were you thinking with this **** Ubisoft?

StrikeQ
11-24-2012, 07:39 PM
I didn't even try to play this with KB/Mouse. Just hooked up my ps3 controller. Though I usually prefer KB/M.

As for that game you need to separate the two to stop the fight. By moving the bars away from each other to pull them apart. Not sure how it's done with KB/M but with controller I just moved both sticks apart and was oddly simple.

Stiler
11-24-2012, 07:52 PM
basically on the pc your w/s/a/d control sthe left guy and the arrow keys controls the right guy.

You want to keep those two bars that move toward the center instead inside the w/s/a/d or arrow icons, just gently tap the a and right arrow keys both just tap tap tap them and try to keep the bars going to the outside instead of the middle.

Rikeus
11-24-2012, 08:47 PM
This is ****ing ridiculous. I CANNOT do both sides at once, it's like trying to draw a picture with both hands, on two separate pieces of paper that are far enough apart that you can't look at them both at the same time. I just threw my mouse at the wall in rage. **** you ubisoft and your stupid ****ing minigames I ****ing hate this ****

dhr09
11-24-2012, 09:43 PM
I use the keyboard also, just ignore the promts it give you. tap "a" and "right arrow" every few seconds to keep the bars green and moving out. once they reach the outside edge of the bar done.

Andre_0112
11-24-2012, 09:46 PM
You can do one side and then go for the other one. Have you tried that? NO. Why? Because you're too dumb to recognize the fact you can't do both at the same time because it would be ****ing ******ed.

MT4K
11-24-2012, 09:49 PM
This is ****ing ridiculous. I CANNOT do both sides at once, it's like trying to draw a picture with both hands, on two separate pieces of paper that are far enough apart that you can't look at them both at the same time. I just threw my mouse at the wall in rage. **** you ubisoft and your stupid ****ing minigames I ****ing hate this ****

You can do them one at a time... Once one reaches the end it will stay done and you can do the other side.

BuzzardBee714
11-25-2012, 07:52 AM
@MT4K

Thank you! Did it your way and it finally worked.

metaxas2010
12-29-2012, 10:49 AM
I tried doing that but as soon as it reaches the end it goes back towards the centre very quickly and i just end up seeing one of the two getting punched!! WHY IS THIS EVEN PART OF THE GAME?!?!

AjinkyaParuleka
12-29-2012, 12:39 PM
This thing doesn't suck at all I find this funny,extremely funny and it's quite easy lol.I play on PC.

diwas13
12-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Was frustrating the first 3 times, but then I figured it out. Whats really frustrating is the **** lock picking :)

Trumpsexual
01-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Lockpicking is easy, don't move the mouse back and forth; move stuff away from your mouse and clear a good bit of space (a little bigger than a piece of printer paper will do, that's about how big my mouse pad is.), move the mouse to the right slowly until it hits the spot, then move it up without moving the mouse right at all, then press. It's simple, just don't follow the directions haha.
That being said, this mission is hard. None of this works for me, I've read this, some other guides, and some stuff on YouTube. It isn't that it doesn't work I guess, but nothing happens. I press the buttons and neither of them move or anything. I just stand there in between them while they're pushing each other, neither of them hit the other, no one moves, nothing. Just the pushing, like it is at the start.