PDA

View Full Version : Steam & Uplay & Windows 8 problem

Miqq1990
11-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Hello. I own Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood and Revelations on Steam and I can't seem to make them work under Windows 8. The games work on my Windows 7 installation though.

I launch the games normally from Steam, Uplay launches, I log on normally, game details show normally. I hit play. The following happens:

Assassin's Creed II - The first cinematic plays for around 5 seconds and the game closes showing the window thanks for playing and that I have played for 0 minutes.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Upon launching the game crashes with windows error message ACBSP.exe has stopped working. Also tested in offline mode and the same issue happens.
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Same as above (ACRSP.exe has stopped working).

I am running Windows 8 Pro with Media Center (64-bit). I have made sure the best drivers possible are installed, and I can run other titles that are not related to Uplay without any issues.

Dual booting with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit. Games are installed on a 3rd partition that existed before Windows 8 installation (Games themselves have also been installed before, as I used to play from my Windows 7).

heitorglauco
11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
I was with the same error.

Go to your Ubisoft Game Launcher installation folder and set the Uplay.exe file to run as administrator and use the compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Do the same to the .exe files of your games. That should work.

Miqq1990
11-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Uplay will not run when set to run as administrator. It would run by itself, but when launched from steam, it won't run. Setting game executable to run as administrator makes the game totally unable to launch from Uplay.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi guys, please contact Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

Miqq1990
11-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Had that done before already but so far no reply.

sophie-felix
03-01-2014, 01:56 AM
I cant activate my Uplay product (assasins creed 4) it keeps saying "theres a problem connection to uplay service, plz try again later. its very frustrating. I have windos 8 fyi

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
03-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, please have a read here https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eaegCAA