PDA

View Full Version : ACIII ending ties in with AC movie

Mattaio19
11-24-2012, 04:19 AM
It's got me thinking for a few weeks now since III has been released. Instead of a game that actually focus's on present day 2012/going on 2013, what about a movie? THE movie? Because i'm not sure if it's possible to have a full on modern day game with juno taking over the earth and going to war with the humans, but in a movie ... it could work really well does anyone agree? I know it's wishful thinking but i actually think that's what will happen. And the next game will probably focus around connor, maybe without the present day bits in.

Just imagene the creed movie with juno going to war with us, and how amazing that would be. I think it would be a major twist if ubisoft decided to go into that route. It might not even be a movie "movie" with actors, it might even be CGI. No one even know's at this point. It's just got me thinking. What do you reckon about this? Would you want this to happen?

xboxauditore
11-24-2012, 04:56 PM
They are planning a movie and I'm terrified because it's going to kill the franchise like most Game-movies do.

Mattaio19
11-25-2012, 02:59 AM
I know they are, and that's why i made this thread haha :) I don't think it will kill it, they weren't kidding when they said they wanted to make Assassin's Creed a global franchise with merchandise or something along the lines of that. I just think that's what will happen in the movie. They couldn't really squeeze it into the next game could they? I doubt it. So a movie could actually do the trick. Maybe not completely finish the first civilization/the ones who came before story because that might continue further later on in future games but who know's what the future holds instore for creed :)

Turul.
11-25-2012, 07:44 AM
ubisoft has so much creative control, it will be fine, it may not be great, but it wont be prince of persia.

ubisoft wanted so much control with its IP, therefore it took forever to find a studio that agrees to all of their demands

Dangerzone50
11-25-2012, 10:38 PM
the last movie, lineage was not that bad, it did a very good job of setting up the Ac2 story and characters... plus the game continued right from its ending. cautious optimism here lol

montagemik
11-26-2012, 04:12 AM
Don't take this out of context guys - But for me The AC Movie is going to need production values on par with the Lord of the rings trilogy - Some serious acting ability & really good quality throughout .
I Just don't want an AC Movie for the sake of it ...........I want grandeur & substance with it in all it's aspects ....It's what the story deserves - Nothing less.
(Lord of rings maybe not best analogy - but you get the point)

The movie apparently covers or mixes AC1 & AC-2 plotlines from what i've read - Kind of dissapointing each game isn't a movie in it's own right if i'm honest.
Already i'm picturing most of the Ancestor stuff being nothing but flashbacks or cut down in some way. :(

RatonhnhakeFan
11-26-2012, 04:21 AM
ubisoft has so much creative control, it will be fine, it may not be great, but it wont be prince of persia.

ubisoft wanted so much control with its IP, therefore it took forever to find a studio that agrees to all of their demands

George Lucas had 100% creative control over the Prequels. We all know how that went lol. So yeah, it may not automatically be a great thing