PDA

View Full Version : what do you love about AC3

MasterAssasin84
11-23-2012, 10:43 PM
I am sick and tired of all the negativity and my sentiments to those ( and they know who they are ) either get a life or don't play the game simple.

AC3 does have its flaws but its nothing that can't be fixed, but what do you love about AC3 ?

For me it will be Combat system, think its such step forward from previous AC games and I find it very intuitive
secondly I love the hunting , now I have never played RDR but I truly think ubi have done an A class job, !
Graphically the game is stunning and I feel that New York and Boston are very alive and the new Assassin is a perfect addition to the brotherhood because his
story is treading a fine line between his duty and the freedom of his people and.i feel the side missions do that justice as it makes you prioritise what's more important ?
Fighting the Templars or the revolution .

well done ubi I can't wait to see what forthcoming content you have for AC3

the_heat11
11-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Combat system and the amount of side content. Whatever you do DON'T LET LEGENDS ON THIS THREAD!!!!!!

Staple-Tape
11-23-2012, 10:45 PM
I absolutely love the double counter kills. I've had so many yet I still feel like I'm missing some.

MasterAssasin84
11-23-2012, 10:47 PM
@the_heat God forbid !!!! a revolution will be starting lool ""

@Staple I love the counter kills especialy when the guards come from both directions !!!

UrDeviant1
11-23-2012, 10:51 PM
I love the kill animations and the amount of them. They are so badass. And I love how the cities look at night when you see the ambient lighting from street lights and when It's raining with thunder and lightning. Getting Into a huge fight when the weather Is like that and then looking back at all your kills. Bodies everywhere, piled on top of eachother, against walls and hanging from pub signs. I love It.

ProdiGurl
11-23-2012, 11:33 PM
I love the kill animations and the amount of them. They are so badass.

This is first on my list of favorite things about ACIII (all the combat system is much improved). The longer I play, the more I appreciate as I go along and get familiar.
I hate to sound shallow becuz I don't make a big deal of clothing, but I did just buy some other outfits at the general store & he looks even kooler in the dark blue.
Almost reminds me of Ezio from the back becuz I had him in black/dark blue often. Great job on the assassin gear.

I LOVE the amount of side missions - and that so many are just short little fun things to break things up in between missions.
I really like building a community w/ the crafters. Haven't done a Fort yet but those look fun.
Oh and Convoy's - I love defending & attacking those. Free-for-all's are awesome. So glad they kept in an element of 'den defense' as a concept.
Weather was done so well too. I have more but can't think of them right now.

JCearlyyears
11-23-2012, 11:39 PM
I like running on the rooftops with the ninja hack on and running up behind guards and trying to kick them into the "goal" aka the haystack.

MasterAssasin84
11-23-2012, 11:42 PM
This is first on my list of favorite things about ACIII (all the combat system is much improved). The longer I play, the more I appreciate as I go along and get familiar.
I hate to sound shallow becuz I don't make a big deal of clothing, but I did just buy some other outfits at the general store & he looks even kooler in the dark blue.
Almost reminds me of Ezio from the back becuz I had him in black/dark blue often. Great job on the assassin gear.

I LOVE the amount of side missions - and that so many are just short little fun things to break things up in between missions.
I really like building a community w/ the crafters. Haven't done a Fort yet but those look fun.
Oh and Convoy's - I love defending & attacking those. Free-for-all's are awesome. So glad they kept in an element of 'den defense' as a concept.
Weather was done so well too. I have more but can't think of them right now.

you know I have some codes here for some new Connor outfits but I ain't used them yet one of the is the captain of the Aquila and it comes with new weapon.

but I have to agree the animations are flawless especialy the double counter kills, mind you Alex Hutchinson did say Connor has over a thousand different animations.

LoyalACFan
11-23-2012, 11:43 PM
I absolutely love the double counter kills. I've had so many yet I still feel like I'm missing some.

Yeah, I love these too. Just a tip if you want to see them all; there are different animations depending on whether the enemies are carrying muskets or swords, and they only attack in pairs if they're both carrying the same thing. If you get your notoriety up to 3 stars and you're fighting against the big officer dudes that start patrolling the city, they become much more likely to attack in twos, and you get to do double kills on two guys with swords instead of the usual two guys with muskets. Play around with different weapon types (hidden blades, blunt weapons, swords, tomahawks, and even fists) and there's a ton of cool stuff to see.

LoyalACFan
11-23-2012, 11:46 PM
but I have to agree the animations are flawless especialy the double counter kills, mind you Alex Hutchinson did say Connor has over a thousand different animations.

And it's probably true, but not all of them are combat-related. There are tons of mundane ones too (running, climbing, jumping, opening doors, pulling switches, etc.)

Shingram
11-23-2012, 11:50 PM
I am sick and tired of all the negativity and my sentiments to those ( and they know who they are ) either get a life or don't play the game simple.

AC3 does have its flaws but its nothing that can't be fixed, but what do you love about AC3 ?

For me it will be Combat system, think its such step forward from previous AC games and I find it very intuitive
secondly I love the hunting , now I have never played RDR but I truly think ubi have done an A class job, !
Graphically the game is stunning and I feel that New York and Boston are very alive and the new Assassin is a perfect addition to the brotherhood because his
story is treading a fine line between his duty and the freedom of his people and.i feel the side missions do that justice as it makes you prioritise what's more important ?

Why do you have to attack and be a jerk to those people you disagree with why couldnt you just stick to the topic of the thread you started without bashing others? It's like you want to challenge those people and have them ruin your thread. I love the games ability to provoke deep thought about the nature of our human history with legit historical facts while integrating them into their A vs T story. Gameplay is fun and addicting. Overall the parkour is a thrill for me as well and the soundtrack compliments the game very well. NOTHING beats the first AC chase theme which i wish they had been smart enough to implement at some point in the game like when we are chasing Lee. Little homages like that send chills down the spine and I think it could have been a cheap but smart way to make the ending much more enjoyable.

That doesn't invalidate all the flaws and dissapointing aspects of the game which you seem to indicate it does with your opening statement. Neither do the few flaws and atrocious conclusions and exploitation of fans ruin the fact that this is an enjoyable game to play.

The kill animations are great as well and gave me a reason to cycle through each weapon AND enjoy each weapon. The power and rage behind the axe, the "ooooh: slicing of the swords in conjuction with the hidden blades. Even the unarmed came with plenty of "oooh!" kills.

Naval missions were also addictive fun. I really enjoyed the homestead story as well. I didn't feel like there was an in game mechanic that rewarded me for building the homestead but the story and characters in this side mission far outshone anything in the main story. The one exception is Nathan who really intrigued me. He very very very briefly started to discuss his motivations and then the game decides to 180 and make him pure bad guy to Connor when I'm just getting hooked into wanting to know more.

Felix-Vivo
11-24-2012, 12:07 AM
I love Connor. And the environments, like the Frontier in a thunderstorm... I love a lot of this game.
:)

MasterAssasin84
11-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Why do you have to attack and be a jerk to those people you disagree with why couldnt you just stick to the topic of the thread you started without bashing others? It's like you want to challenge those people and have them ruin your thread. I love the games ability to provoke deep thought about the nature of our human history with legit historical facts while integrating them into their A vs T story. Gameplay is fun and addicting. Overall the parkour is a thrill for me as well and the soundtrack compliments the game very well. NOTHING beats the first AC chase theme which i wish they had been smart enough to implement at some point in the game like when we are chasing Lee. Little homages like that send chills down the spine and I think it could have been a cheap but smart way to make the ending much more enjoyable.

That doesn't invalidate all the flaws and dissapointing aspects of the game which you seem to indicate it does with your opening statement. Neither do the few flaws and atrocious conclusions and exploitation of fans ruin the fact that this is an enjoyable game to play.

The kill animations are great as well and gave me a reason to cycle through each weapon AND enjoy each weapon. The power and rage behind the axe, the "ooooh: slicing of the swords in conjuction with the hidden blades. Even the unarmed came with plenty of "oooh!" kills.

Because if you look all around you there is nothing but threads which are ****ging the game off I just thought it will be nice to have thread were there is no negativity and no flaming and discuss what we love about the game then someone like you comes along and immediately assumes that I am doing this to piss them off I love the game but I admit there are flaws which can be fixed , the idea of this thread was to discuss what we like and not argue with each other . yes I think the combat is step in the right direction and there is a lot of people who agree and there are a lot that don't ,

i just think its refreshing from games like revelations that are borderline button mashing

ProdiGurl
11-24-2012, 01:40 AM
@ Shingram, he has every right to make a thread about the topic he wants and to set the tone for it.
Why does he have to invite the complainers or haters when he wants to know what the Highlights of the game were for people.
There are plenty of threads for that - alot of us are sick of the same complaints over and over.
I personally appreciate a positive thread without negativity for a change. - most of us voiced our issues in other thread discussions & the pinned Feedback thread

Shingram
11-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Because if you look all around you there is nothing but threads which are ****ging the game off I just thought it will be nice to have thread were there is no negativity and no flaming and discuss what we love about the game then someone like you comes along and immediately assumes that I am doing this to piss them off I love the game but I admit there are flaws which can be fixed , the idea of this thread was to discuss what we like and not argue with each other . yes I think the combat is step in the right direction and there is a lot of people who agree and there are a lot that don't ,

i just think its refreshing from games like revelations that are borderline button mashing

But then your opening flames and challenges EVERYONE with an oppossing viewpoint. Major hypocrisy and frankly not smart you were practically begging for your thread to be derailed. If you want a nice polite thread try having a nice polite opening post. It's not rocket science. I didn't say anywhere that your motivation was to piss people off. It's just fact if you challenge people with statements like the ones you made you are going to usually stir trouble.

Shingram
11-24-2012, 06:27 PM
@ Shingram, he has every right to make a thread about the topic he wants and to set the tone for it.
Why does he have to invite the complainers or haters when he wants to know what the Highlights of the game were for people.
There are plenty of threads for that - alot of us are sick of the same complaints over and over.
I personally appreciate a positive thread without negativity for a change. - most of us voiced our issues in other thread discussions & the pinned Feedback thread

of course similarly I have the right to ask him why he would sabotage his own thread with a statement that insults and challenges others which would invite other people to come insult and criticize both him and the game...which is what he says he doesnt want. Thats my point why say you want a nice thread and start with a statement like "I am sick and tired of all the negativity and my sentiments to those ( and they know who they are ) either get a life or don't play the game simple." It made me laugh because it was so counter productive

H4rry Pl0pper
11-24-2012, 06:43 PM
hmmm, what did I love? I liked certain things, but did not love them. Weather and night/day mechanic were great. That's all I got

WolfeUK
11-24-2012, 06:48 PM

alot of game company's use what they read in forums to improve there future games, so if we didnt complain future games would suffer ;)

ProdiGurl
11-24-2012, 06:50 PM
I forgot to add going thru the trees. What a great idea & the controls work it perfectly.

@ Wolfe above, again, there are PLENTY of threads for that, he doesn't want this to be one of them.

WolfeUK
11-24-2012, 06:54 PM
I forgot to add going thru the trees. What a great idea & the controls work it perfectly.

@ Wolfe above, again, there are PLENTY of threads for that, he doesn't want this to be one of them.

then dont make it one ;)

Baked_Cookies
11-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Wanna know what I love most about AC3? The fact that it pissed off so many whiny little girls with their panties in wads. From the hood being down to the hair Connor had all the way to the quiver that isnt on other outfits that people cry so much about. I mean come on Ubi gives us another amazing AC game (with flaws yes) and the only thing people focus on is crying about the glitches. What really made me dis appointed as a whole in the gaming community was the fact that right after the game released people were crying all over forums about broken stuff and glitches THEY HAVE TO BE FOUND SOMETIME. I mean holy hell people didnt even give them a chance to fix things and then when they do release a patch people find something else to cry about. Lets put it this way if you want go back to playing Atari Pong and stuff like that because if a great game like AC cant even satisfy these jerks than nothing can.

BeCk41
11-24-2012, 08:03 PM
secondly I love the hunting , now I have never played RDR but I truly think ubi have done an A class job!

If you've ever played Red Dead Redemption you would realize that Ubisoft almost copied the hunting aspect. But I'm not going to say anything about this as Red Dead copied a game called Red Dead Revolver, which practically had the same game elements so... I guess everyone "borrows" ideas and they could probably care less about who came up with what first.

*Anyway, I'm now going to love everything I like about the game because I was negative at first about it.

♥ I love the weather scheme this time- it seems to change just like the time does.
♥ I love Connors little cozy home.
♥ I loved flying as an eagle and crashing into trees.
♥ I love Connor's outfit- he looks like a bad-a** and you feel like a bad-a**.
♥ I liked seeing father and son Assassin and Templar 'working together.'
♥ I liked crashing recklessly into other ships, while they fled in horror.
♥ I like petting animals that won't kill me.
♥ I like the multiplayer character- I think they do the sucky Revelation ones justice.
♥ my list goes on and on, but I'll stop.

LightRey
11-24-2012, 08:08 PM
if you've ever played Red Dead Redemption you would realize that Ubisoft almost copied the hunting aspect. But I'm not going to say anything about this as Red Dead copied a game called Red Dead Revolver, which practically had the same game elements so... I guess everyone "borrows" ideas from other companies and they could care less about who came up with what first.

*Anyway, I'm now going to love everything I like about the game because I was negative at first about it.

♥ I love the weather scheme this time- it seems to change just like the time does.
♥ I loved flying as an eagle and hitting trees, thus not getting 100% sync.
♥ I like seeing what it might be like in a Native American village.
Not that this is any form of proof, but Ubisoft released a statement before release that they had thought of the hunting system before RDR was released, so, assuming that they aren't lying and they were unaware of the hunting system in RDR (and did not edit theirs based on RDR's after release), if it was copied from another game it wasn't RDR.

Either way, I don't care. By all means game developers should copy good stuff from each other. It makes for better games.

Dtanobo
11-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Tree climbing and the frontier. **** it was purdyyyy. The combat was killer and I always got excited when I did double counters. The weather effects. The graphics, I thought were awesome. I loved connor as a character (the voice actor was killer). More assassination types like from cover. Being able to walk and assassinate in motion with a bunch of different weapons and THE BOW

The framerate killed a lot of fun though and I wish the AI was a little more forgiving in some ways. I felt like I had to be in a bush all the time to make sure they didn't find me. There are more nitpicks but the game has SO much to do so I really can't bash on it too much. One of the best games this gen

Dtanobo
11-25-2012, 02:53 PM
If you've ever played Red Dead Redemption you would realize that Ubisoft almost copied the hunting aspect. But I'm not going to say anything about this as Red Dead copied a game called Red Dead Revolver, which practically had the same game elements so... I guess everyone "borrows" ideas and they could probably care less about who came up with what first.

♥ I loved flying as an eagle and crashing into trees.
♥ I liked seeing father and son Assassin and Templar 'working together.'
♥ I like petting animals that won't kill me.
♥ I like the multiplayer character- I think they do the sucky Revelation ones justice.

Red dead redemption, is in a way, a sequel to Red dead revolver (meaning it's within the same universe) so they didn't copy anything, just improved a mechanic they came up with previously.

Paribissee
11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
I love the seasons and specially the snow cause im from Finland lol so got to love snow..