PDA

View Full Version : Full synchronization

bhammer1964
11-23-2012, 06:26 PM
AC3 is my first AC game. Its ok, not great, but ok. One question I have is about "synchronization". I think I know what it is, but I don't know how it affects game play. And do I really care about *full* synchronization? Whats the point?

SleezeRocker
11-23-2012, 06:37 PM
you get 'points' which in turn helps you gain 100$ in the game.
Also leads you to two trophies:
1. Getting 100% on all the main chapters +an outfit for connor
2. Getting FULL 100$ on everything gets you another trophy

*or achivement if you playing on x360

montagemik
11-23-2012, 06:42 PM
It's really just a self imposed challenge for yourself - Can you complete the missions exactly how your ancestor did - IF so you're rewarded a little.
If not - so be it , Just go hack em up instead.

The earlier games increased your lifebar or Armour for successful syncing - this is primarily for your own satisfaction now in AC-3

bhammer1964
11-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the answers. I find a lot of the gameplay tedious enough without repeating them.

Another question: The backstory with Desmond and the modern day tie-in is jarring and really takes away from immersion. I don't see how it adds anything. Am i missing something?

It's really just a self imposed challenge for yourself - Can you complete the missions exactly how your ancestor did - IF so you're rewarded a little.
If not - so be it , Just go hack em up instead.

The earlier games increased your lifebar or Armour for successful syncing - this is primarily for your own satisfaction now in AC-3

Assassin_M
11-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Am i missing something?
Yeah...

4 Games

ACfan443
11-23-2012, 11:48 PM
I have a question about full synchronisation. I'm replaying a few missions to get 100% synch, one of optional adjectives in "The Braddock Expedition" requires you to destroy powder carts (by shooting at them)

During that mission, I only have two bullets, so I can't fire at the third powder cart...can someone help me with this or am I screwed and have to start a new game? D:

ZephyrStrife
11-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Buy more bullets?

Assassin_M
11-23-2012, 11:53 PM
I have a question about full synchronisation. I'm replaying a few missions to get 100% synch, one of optional adjectives in "The Braddock Expedition" requires you to destroy powder carts (by shooting at them)

During that mission, I only have two bullets, so I can't fire at the third powder cart...can someone help me with this or am I screwed and have to start a new game? D:
You`re Screwed Sorry...

the start of the mission is not that hard, though..

ACfan443
11-23-2012, 11:56 PM
You`re Screwed Sorry...

the start of the mission is not that hard, though..

You mean all the time and effort I put in to try and get the 100% synch trophy will be COMPLETELY WASTED, and I'll have to play through the entire game all over again, and do all the side missions ALL OVER AGAIN. Because of ONE mission? WHAT THE F***.

EDIT: I think I'm going to cry.

UrDeviant1
11-24-2012, 12:24 AM
You mean all the time and effort I put in to try and get the 100% synch trophy will be COMPLETELY WASTED, and I'll have to play through the entire game all over again, and do all the side missions ALL OVER AGAIN. Because of ONE mission? WHAT THE F***.

Replay the mission? :/

Assassin_M
11-24-2012, 12:28 AM
^^^That ?

Did you try it ?

ZephyrStrife
11-24-2012, 12:30 AM

Er, what? Just quit the memory, buy some bullets, and go start the mission again.

ACfan443
11-24-2012, 12:34 AM

I did from the DNA tracker, when I played that mission during natural progress, I only had two bullets. So when I replay it now, I still only have two bullets

Assassin_M
11-24-2012, 12:36 AM
I did from the DNA tracker, when I played that mission during natural progress, I only had two bullets. So when I replay it now, I still only have two bullets
Soooo Exit mission, Buy bullets, retry mission ?? how`s that ?

UrDeviant1
11-24-2012, 12:41 AM

Can you pickpocket any of the guards at the camp where you need to get the redcoat outfit?

EDIT: Okay so I'v just had a go at this cause I was curious If there's a way around It. And yes, there Is. At the camp where you need to get a redcoat outfit, there Is a guard standing next to a pile of branches (hide spot). Go into the branches, and then from that hide spot go directly Into some bushes (hide spot), and kill the guard from this position. You can then loot his corpse while remaining hidden. A guard will become partially notified but just remain In those bushes until he walks away. Fixed.

ACfan443
11-24-2012, 01:02 AM
Can you pickpocket any of the guards at the camp where you need to get the redcoat outfit?

EDIT: Okay so I'v just had a go at this cause I was curious If there's a way around It. And yes, there Is. At the camp where you need to get a redcoat outfit, there Is a guard standing next to a pile of branches (hide spot). Go into the branches, and then from that hide spot go directly Into some bushes (hide spot), and kill the guard from this position. You can then loot his corpse while remaining hidden. A guard will become partially notified but just remain In those bushes until he walks away. Fixed.

Thank you very much :D

ACfan443
11-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Soooo Exit mission, Buy bullets, retry mission ?? how`s that ?

I've finished the whole game and I'm playing as Connor. That was the mission with Haytham. I thought buying ammo outside of replay missions (from the DNA tracker) didn't count in that mission, so you're fixed with whatever the amount of ammo you had when you played that mission naturally. Or does it not work like that?

TwoDents
11-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the answers. I find a lot of the gameplay tedious enough without repeating them.

Another question: The backstory with Desmond and the modern day tie-in is jarring and really takes away from immersion. I don't see how it adds anything. Am i missing something?

The story is pretty much focused on Desmond. Everything that happens while he is in the Animus is to help him. The main story is with Desmond, while the backstory (which is odd, since most of the game is you playing as an Ancestor) is in the Animus. I honestly haven't gotten broken away from the immersion, because, let's face it, the Ancestors are "tools" for Desmond.

montagemik
11-24-2012, 02:20 AM
I've finished the whole game and I'm playing as Connor. That was the mission with Haytham. I thought buying ammo outside of replay missions (from the DNA tracker) didn't count in that mission, so you're fixed with whatever the amount of ammo you had when you played that mission naturally. Or does it not work like that?

Not sure to be honest - I rarely used my pistol with Haytham .
Try it & see . or try replaying the mission before the expedition & keep more than 2 bullets - at least 4 . See if it carries over to the expedition mission replay. Worth a try & haytham missions aren't too difficult to replay. (compared to missions on later memories)

Jexx21
11-24-2012, 02:28 AM
you get full sync by defeating the basilisk with godric's sword