PDA

View Full Version : Ladders explained

Ubi-Cali
11-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Hello all,

We have seen many comments about the Abstergo ladder and more generally, about the ranking system in Assassin’s Creed III Multiplayer, and we would like to detail this evolves in the game.

What is the Abstergo Score?

Each player has an Abstergo Score, which is counted in points. The Abstergo score is updated at the end of each session:

The player’s level (from 1 to 50, then Prestige) is not considered in this update.
A victory will always make your Abstergo score increase. The number of points you earn depends on your current Abstergo score and your opponents’ Abstergo score.
A defeat will always make your Abstergo score decrease. The number of points you lose depends on your current Abstergo score and your opponents’ Abstergo score.
The lower your Abstergo score, the more points you will earn for a victory and the less points you risk to lose for a defeat.
Leaving a game session while it’s still in progress will make you lose points. This point loss will be indicated at the end of the next session you fully complete.

In Free For All modes, the way players compare to each of their (up to) 7 opponents is taken into account. For instance, if a player finishes 3rd , they will be considered to have lost against the players who ranked 1st and 2nd, and to have won against all players ranked from 4th to 8th. Depending on their Abstergo score and their opponents’ Abstergo scores, this means they can earn points even if they’re not ranked 1st overall.
In team modes on the other hand, the team’s average Abstergo score is compared to the opposing team’s average Abstergo score. The highest average score determines how many points the team earns.

How is one’s rank determined?

The indicator used to determine a player’s rank in the ladder is the Abstergo score. The higher the Abstergo score, the higher the rank.
However, contrarily to the Abstergo score, which is updated immediately, it can take up to six hours for the Abstergo rank to be updated.

The ladder is tiered in 6 different grades, each of which will get you specific rewards (emblems, relics):

Novice: you are ranked in the last 20% of the community (0-20%)
Adept: you are ranked in the next 20% of the community (21-40%)
Experienced: you are ranked in the next 20% of the community (41-60%)
Expert: you are ranked in the next 20% of the community (61-80%)
Professional: you are ranked in the next 20% of the community (81-100%)
Legendary: you are ranked in the top 99 of the ladder

I joined a session in progress. Is there a risk that I will be losing points?

To prevent players from losing points in an unfair manner, when they join a session in progress, the following is applied:

If they join at any point during the 1st minute of that session: the session will be considered “fully played”. The normal rules used to determine the Abstergo score are applied. (The “join in progress” status that is applied in the two following cases is ignored.)
If they join at any point between the end of the first minute and the last 90 seconds of the session: at the end of the session, only a positive income will be taken into account. If they lose the match, their Abstergo score will remain unchanged.
If they join at any point during the last 90 seconds: they will not lose nor earn points.

By doing this, players can join a game session and finish it without worrying about their Abstergo score going down.

Is it possible to avoid losing points by leaving a session before it ends?

No. If players leave a session before it ends, they will be penalized as if they had lost this session, regardless of what the final result will be.

In Free For All modes, players will lose points as if they had finished 8th.
In Team modes, they will lose points as if their team had lost the game (even if they wind up winning).

But in order to avoid frustrations, we consider different cases:

If players leave sessions before the first minute has passed (which corresponds to 9:00 on the session timer), they will not be penalized for leaving.
If players leave a session after the first minute has passed (which corresponds to 9:00 on the session timer): they will be penalized for leaving.

We adapted the scoring behavior to penalize players leaving early because that would be an unfair way for them to bias their overall Abstergo Scores. Additionally, in team modes specifically, the presence or the absence of one or several players has an important incidence on one’s own chances to win and we want to sanction leaving a team.
However, the number of points an early leaver loses is only updated when the session he left actually ends. The player who left early will see this update in his Abstergo score at the end of the next session he finishes.

What are Reserve points?

Reserve points are used to help players who don’t get the chance to play as much.

When a player wins a game session, the Reserve points they’ve stored up will be used to boost their income. The way their income is boosted varies.

If they scored +65 and have 65 points or more available, their income will be doubled to reach +130 points (65 + 65) with points from their Reserve.
If they scored +65 and have less than 65 points available (let’s say 25), their income will be increased by this number of points, thus reaching a total of +90 points (65 + 25).

Useful facts:

The Reserve increases regularly as time goes by.
Players cannot decide when or how they spend Reserve points. Reserve points are an automatic mechanism meant to help players who cannot play as much.

This means that players with less time in their hands can still hope to be ranked well.
This also allows players to enter the competition even if they’ve missed the season start, since the amount of Reserve points is calculated from the day the season starts. This way, players starting late have a chance to compensate.

What about the issues the community brought up?

Be sure we and are paying a lot of attention to the ladder system. We want it to be as reliable an indicator as can be.
A few fixes already made their way to the game this week with our Thanksgiving patch.
We’ll make sure to keep you informed about any update on this topic.

Occido Lumen
11-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks so much for posting this. Really clears up how the system works.

Rossko23
11-23-2012, 06:11 PM
I really don't see what people's issues are with this... It looks fine to me. Just still the booster problem....

EscoBlades
11-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Thank you for the post, brilliant and clearly explained.

FlailingAmigo
11-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Good to know the mechanics a little better

CasualCreed
11-23-2012, 06:57 PM
I entered a session with 3 sek left and lost 50 points. (this was on PC)

http://i.imgur.com/emQe2.png

Have you thought about adding a "no" option when the system puts you in a different lobby to what you originally searched for? Getting in a different mode and not beeing able to leave without losing points = losing points in an unfair manner IMO.

Also, a few days ago I was constantly put in a different mode, I left immedeately and lost points every time.

Jaanii95
11-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Great explanation! Thanks a lot.

Rainin420
11-23-2012, 07:06 PM
This definitely clears up how things work a bit. We figured out most of this stuff from playing, but some stuff wasn't quite clear. Thanks for that!

As for people asking why people are complaining. You see how she outlined things to work? Well some of that just wasn't working how it should, it wasn't working how she outlined. The devs seem to be aware of this though and i haven't played much since the patch. I'm hoping some of the issues are fixed. As long as i can leave in first minute of a match because i don't feel like playing the mode, that's great. :) I know for a fact this feature wasn't always working correctly but i hope it is now!

Rainin420
11-23-2012, 07:09 PM

Have you thought about adding a "no" option when the system puts you in a different lobby to what you originally searched for? Getting in a different mode and not beeing able to leave without losing points = losing points in an unfair manner IMO.

Also, a few days ago I was constantly put in a different mode, I left immedeately and lost points every time.

This is what im talking about when i say things aren't working how they should. A few smartasses told me and others we didn't know what we were talking about and we just didn't know how things were supposed to work. Now that everything is clearly outlined we can OFFICIALLY say that things definitely were and possibly still are buggy with the Abstergo Ladder. I hope they fixed/will fix these issues like this poor person just presented.

B-L-A-D-E-S
11-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Thank you for taking the time to clearly explain it, very well written.

OuTRigHT_PaiNFuL
11-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Finally an explanation.

Thank you very much.

sirturmund
11-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Thank you for this post. This explanation and outline of how the system works is something we as a community needed.

I do however have a couple of questions.

First you said that,

A victory will always make your Abstergo score increase. The number of points you earn depends on your current Abstergo score and your opponents’ Abstergo score
If this was the case, how come there are matches we win and do not earn any points? The way I understood your point is that when we win, no matter what, our score should be increasing. So even if we face the lowest of the abstergo ladder and win, we should be getting at least +1 abstergo score but as it stands right now that is not the case. Most of my matches as a top 200 player lately haves ended with me winning no points even if I win.

Second, this is more of a concern, but could it be that two of the systems you have implemented conflict with each other? By this I mean the "joining a session late" system and the "leaving early" system. I have had it happen to me where while searching for a game of assassinate, the game throws me into a late match of wanted. Since I don't want to play wanted I leave, and I end up losing points anyways. Could it be that even though I joined the match late (after the first minute), because I ended up leaving its counting it as a loss and taking points away? Even though your system says that because I joined late I should not lose any points, whether coming 2nd or 8th (which leaving makes you come in 8th). Might just be a little bug that I would love for Ubisoft to look into.

Aside from that, thank you again for the post. Very informative.

senile old coot
11-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Although docking points for leaving early is definitely a good thing, its screwing me over lool! My Xbox has a dodgy power supply that is prone to overheating (conveniently about 2 minutes before the end of a match i'm clearly winning lol), so once every 4 or 5 games I effectively finish last by default lol. Might have to get a fan and stick it next to it :)

najzere
11-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Thank you for explaining this system!

I don't know if this is an issue with the patch or what, but after I installed it I earned no Abstergo Score points after winning two Deathmatch sessions. They were full sessions, although the first one did have some prestiged players quit out early. Is it possible that the amount of points you earn from players so far below you on the ladder is so small it rounds to zero?

Another issue I have is the lopsidedness of the modes high ranked players play. No one plays every mode equally, so if there is a mode which isn't played by many high level players, it will be much harder to climb the ranks by playing only that mode. I don't know if it's the case, but let's say most high ranked players (top 1,000) play Manhunt, Artifact Assault and Assassinate, and rarely play Deathmatch. As a Deathmatch-only player, I would have very little chance of ever playing someone above or around my Abstergo Rank, which means very little chance of gaining Abstergo Score. This means I'm competing against people I will never play for Abstergo Rank. So it's not really fair if you don't like the most popular modes. Could we possibly have individual mode ladders in addition to the overall ladder?

DayusMakhina
11-23-2012, 09:25 PM

No. If players leave a session before it ends, they will be penalized as if they had lost this session, regardless of what the final result will be.

In Team modes, they will lose points as if their team had lost the game (even if they wind up winning).

If players leave sessions before the first minute has passed (which corresponds to 9:00 on the session timer), they will not be penalized for leaving.
If players leave a session after the first minute has passed (which corresponds to 9:00 on the session timer): they will be penalized for leaving.

Fantastic.

How about not making the game freeze up (and it is only this game) causing me to have to restart my 360 and then getting penalised for it? Considering i'm top rank I see the Abstergo Score as a means of progression and for the most part it is always going up... then the game freezes and thus the last 3/4 games i've played count for absolutely nothing because AC3 has a habit of randomly freezing during MP play.

It's so infuriating.

Penalties for leaving games is great... penalties for disconnecting is not.

TH3 F4T C0BRA
11-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Not knocking this nice explanation but, how did I loose 300 points after I logged off Wednesday night and logged back in Thursday?
Where does this part of the equation come in?

hekatongyros
11-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Now I get it!!

Behind all the game's hype, built up for its release some weeks ago, and behind all of these posts in which Ubisoft and its staff offer concise and to the point eplxanations I can finally take a step back and see the bigger picture!

AC 3 isn't a game!
It's a bad joke coz they keep having to explain it!

/EDIT/

(jokes aside) Reading through some of the other posts I feel that a point that hasn't been quite exlpained is: Why haven't all these seemingly reasonable bits underlying the ranking system not been explained in-game? It isn't intuitive or obvious.

To avoid all of the confusion and some of the justified anger or dissing from the customers it would be nice to see posts like this a little bit earlier.

ABXantos
11-23-2012, 11:11 PM
This has eased a lot of questions for me and members of my clan. Thank you!

Although I would like to see what is the cause for sudden score drops when players turn off their consoles, even if it means restarting from a game crash (while not in game) to simply resetting the device. Many players including myself has seen massive triple digit score drops just from turning off and on our consoles.

senile old coot
11-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Fantastic.

How about not making the game freeze up (and it is only this game) causing me to have to restart my 360 and then getting penalised for it? Considering i'm top rank I see the Abstergo Score as a means of progression and for the most part it is always going up... then the game freezes and thus the last 3/4 games i've played count for absolutely nothing because AC3 has a habit of randomly freezing during MP play.

It's so infuriating.

Penalties for leaving games is great... penalties for disconnecting is not.

lol that literally just happened to me about 4 times in a row (AC3 has been completely unplayable for me tonight). then I left a few others due to the aforementioned unplayability. score went down by about 600...sweet..

Man_the_harpoon
11-24-2012, 02:38 AM
Thank you for explaining this system!

I don't know if this is an issue with the patch or what, but after I installed it I earned no Abstergo Score points after winning two Deathmatch sessions. They were full sessions, although the first one did have some prestiged players quit out early. Is it possible that the amount of points you earn from players so far below you on the ladder is so small it rounds to zero?

Another issue I have is the lopsidedness of the modes high ranked players play. No one plays every mode equally, so if there is a mode which isn't played by many high level players, it will be much harder to climb the ranks by playing only that mode. I don't know if it's the case, but let's say most high ranked players (top 1,000) play Manhunt, Artifact Assault and Assassinate, and rarely play Deathmatch. As a Deathmatch-only player, I would have very little chance of ever playing someone above or around my Abstergo Rank, which means very little chance of gaining Abstergo Score. This means I'm competing against people I will never play for Abstergo Rank. So it's not really fair if you don't like the most popular modes. Could we possibly have individual mode ladders in addition to the overall ladder?

Honestly I agree with this. I mainly play Assassinate and judging by my score, I'm within the top 99 players despite having played only a little. I think it should be individual mode too so it isn't forcing players who want the top of the ladders to play modes where other high ranked people are at.

A Ocean Man
11-24-2012, 02:54 AM
What is the point of the Ladder or score? Besides that one relic that 99% of players will never own, your rank doesnt do anything right? So why are people making a big issue about it?

Carbiner
11-24-2012, 01:26 PM
What is the point of the Ladder or score? Besides that one relic that 99% of players will never own, your rank doesnt do anything right? So why are people making a big issue about it?
It's just another epeen measuring stick. Last time I looked there were only like 400 people with all of the accolades so that relic is actually rarer than this one, so that part doesn't really hold up. The all challenges relic will be much much rarer than that. Unfortunately this explanation came way too late and already knowing who the good players are and seeing there's 1-5 out of 100 on the list at any point doesn't really inspire faith in the ranking system. Obviously there's still significant issues like losing points if you don't play perpetually, they might be on the way to fixing that but they might as well just move up the next season to like the middle of December as opposed to February when 10% of people will still be playing and still not caring about the ladder.

Murd3r Claws
11-24-2012, 03:41 PM

this clearly shows you gained 50 points...so why post this pic?

pardon i have a spot on my screen that made it appear green so forget i said this

derfy2
11-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Quit explaining how ladders work, and fix 'limited mode'.

dondarko
11-24-2012, 06:01 PM

This is what im talking about when i say things aren't working how they should. A few smartasses told me and others we didn't know what we were talking about and we just didn't know how things were supposed to work. Now that everything is clearly outlined we can OFFICIALLY say that things definitely were and possibly still are buggy with the Abstergo Ladder. I hope they fixed/will fix these issues like this poor person just presented.

This only shows that Gamers are a hopeless case. Don`t try to explain sth. that is more complex than KDR to them. Neither of you obviosuly read and "processed" the explanation Noctalya gave.

She clearly says:

We adapted the scoring behavior to penalize players leaving early because that would be an unfair way for them to bias their overall Abstergo Scores. Additionally, in team modes specifically, the presence or the absence of one or several players has an important incidence on one’s own chances to win and we want to sanction leaving a team.
However, the number of points an early leaver loses is only updated when the session he left actually ends. The player who left early will see this update in his Abstergo score at the end of the next session he finishes.

What does that mean exactly, considering the"prove" CasualCreed provided:

If I leave a game session early, say in Minute 9 of a Game Session I will only be "penalized" for it when the game session ends. Meanwhile my earlier game still goes on I`m entering a game session in the last minute (for which I should not be penalized). But when this game session is over and I finish it (meaning: staying after the credits) my earlier game session (that I abandoned) has also ended. So when the Abstergo Score comes up I will clearly get the wrong idea if it shows a negative (as it should, since this is actually a penalty for my ealier game session) abstergo point score, it doesn`t mean the system is bugged, it only shows that I didn`t know the hidden mechanism that shifts negative points over to another game, that has absolutly nothing to do with it.

This "obfuscating" feature also explains the legendary losses some people report. Say I get dc`ed 5 games in a row (and so never actually finish a game) and stop playing for 24h hours. The next time I come back I will have a huge amount of negative points that are hidden from me until I finish my next game session, so it`s almost sure, that no matter how I perform in this session I will loose a large amount of Abstergo Points. (Simply by not playing overnight, as it seems to me)

I´m far from claiming the Abstergo Ladder is free of Bugs, but I would never make statements like this:
Now that everything is clearly outlined we can OFFICIALLY say that things definitely were and possibly still are buggy with the Abstergo Ladder.

It`s dumb and you should feel dumb.

SillySin
11-24-2012, 06:02 PM
thnx for this

wints92
11-24-2012, 06:14 PM
This is awesome thank you. I will say that I figured a lot of this. The only problem is what the system is supposed to do and what it actually does. I was watching my brother play yesterday, he's a level 24 or so, ranked 43,000 something, has like 1000 Abstergo score. He joined a manhunt game with less then a minute left, lost, and lost 100 points. 100! Out of 1000! It's great to hear that Ubisoft the ladder is important to them so I am confident that they will fix bugs like this, it just takes time :o

Demon.King.
11-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Just 2 things...

1 - this is how it is supposed to work...but NOT how it works...ample proof of this has been provided above...

2 - stop dealing with minor issues in the game which do not effect game stability and performance, and start focusing on the REAL issues of the game...a LOT of people from multiple platforms still stuck in 'Limited Mode' all because you can't fix your account management system and your PC servers...

Now, at least have the decency to to post an answer in one of the many threads opened about this subject about why this is happening and how and when you will be fixing it...otherwise your presence here is of no real use...

SillySin
11-24-2012, 09:58 PM
I tried to explain this according to the Info mentioned here but couldn't.
even If I had Reserve points it won't match !

http://youtu.be/EKFpAFFgrE8

djtheharlequin
11-24-2012, 11:09 PM
My only complaint is that I will win a match by over 1000 points or by 100 points it doesn't matter, my abstergo score stays unchanged (=) ! The second I place 2nd place and lose by let's say 100-200 points my score dramatically drops by 50 ! IMO 1st 2nd and 3rd should all be rewarded accordingly. Please fix the scoring system!

ihateyou0
11-25-2012, 01:21 AM
So what Ubisoft means is if my teammate is bad I lose my score THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE
Why do I get stuck in a lobby I join for 5 minutes while everybody is playing until I can join when my team is losing and my score goes down?and how can I get stunned while I am waiting?
And why is it that when I wake up my score magicly went down!!!!
And can you make an option so I can quit playing hide and go seek (manhunt) IN THE LOBBY AFTER KIDS VOTE FOR IT without losing my score, because after a while smoke bombs and morph REALLY gets annoying. That would be appreciated.

ihateyou0
11-25-2012, 02:47 AM
And why is it that I disconnected from the host when I was winning 7-0 artifact assualt with 10000 score, do quick match and it puts me back in the same match BUT ON THE OTHER TEAM AND LOSE 100 ABSTERGO SCORE!!!!!! I WISH I COULD RETURN THIS GAME BACK TO THE STORE BUT I CANT, THIS IS MORE FRUSTRATING THAN THE SMOKE BOMBS IN REVELATIONS. The patch just made the ladder focus of team scores not individual scores so I eventually got to rank 150 this week after I posted another rant thread and now Im ranked 500 because I keep getting stuck with kids that dont know what to do.SERIOUSLY THIS KID WAS HIDING IN A HAYSTACK NEXT TO THE OTHER TEAM'S BASE WITH THE ARTIFACT FOR 3 MINUTES WHILE I WAS GUARDING OUR BASE. So I noticed he wasnt moving so I had to run around the haystack and get him out of it while the other team was capturing our artifact a couple times until finally someone noticed and killed us. OBVIOUSLY ITS MY FAULT I LOSE ABSTERGO SCORE EVEN THOUGH I GET TOP SCORE ALMOST EVERY GAME.

These are the problems I deal with every day with this game it REALLY NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Drybones20008
11-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Yeah someone needs to explain the sudden drop of points from one day to another. I had almost 3100 point couple days ago and now i have 2500ish! WTF. i don't get it. I win 90% of my games and i keep losing points?

I'm not gonna lie, i DO rage quit sometimes and i do quit a game of Wanted if i select Assassinate to play. But THAT many points? Hard to believe....

I always thought that I'm at least in the top 1000 players, but now my rank is 6000?! Is it because i only play ONE mode which is Assassinate? If i varied my modes with more team stuff would that help?

But yeah like other people mentioned the worst thing is not having an option to back out of a mode you clearly didn't ask for.

Carbiner
11-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Yeah someone needs to explain the sudden drop of points from one day to another. I had almost 3100 point couple days ago and now i have 2500ish! WTF. i don't get it. I win 90% of my games and i keep losing points?

I'm not gonna lie, i DO rage quit sometimes and i do quit a game of Wanted if i select Assassinate to play. But THAT many points? Hard to believe....

I always thought that I'm at least in the top 1000 players, but now my rank is 6000?! Is it because i only play ONE mode which is Assassinate? If i varied my modes with more team stuff would that help?

But yeah like other people mentioned the worst thing is not having an option to back out of a mode you clearly didn't ask for.

Hey I have one of the highest stuns per session for any purely FFA player and the highest in Wanted by far, I'm ranked like 25000th. To approximate I was a top 20 player in Brotherhood, a top 10 player in Revelations and probably top 5 now due purely to attrition. That's not to say I haven't gotten slightly better over time but its difficult to get better with no competition except at noob crushing and most of the other old good players would have gotten better at roughly the same rate anyway. I don't quit midmatch but I do quit if a match is already past the 9 minute mark when I join since you can't be awarded a win per winning percentage by the new rules outlined above and if your winning % is as high as mine it takes like 20-30 matches to get that back. If it was down around 75-80% it wouldn't be so bad. I might participate in the ladder in February eating not-wins (winning a match but still losing points on %) instead of avoiding them; but eh I just don't care that much and only play 3 or 4 matches a day now anyway. Every Wanted match I join I have the highest average kill score (don't use poison or score x2), near or close the highest average kills, and 3 times as many stuns per session as the next guy.

SeeknDestroy1318
11-25-2012, 05:43 PM

They stated that when you quit it counts as a loss against the whole lobby, So yes that is why you lose that many points, because it is factoring the rank of everyone in the lobby against you. Which is why even if you are not winning it is better to stay in game because it will mitigate the damage, and perhaps cause you to lose little to no points depending on the ranks of the players who place higher than you.

Also ive noticed a scrolling message in the bottom left corner of my screen after games that explains why i got/lost points in a given match.

Also point loss from quits aren't tabulated until the completion of your next match, so im guessing if you quit and don't play a game afterward the point loss may be more dramatic than you playing another game to completion.

SeeknDestroy1318
11-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Hello all,

To prevent players from losing points in an unfair manner, when they join a session in progress, the following is applied:

If they join at any point during the 1st minute of that session: the session will be considered “fully played”. The normal rules used to determine the Abstergo score are applied. (The “join in progress” status that is applied in the two following cases is ignored.)
If they join at any point between the end of the first minute and the last 90 seconds of the session: at the end of the session, only a positive income will be taken into account. If they lose the match, their Abstergo score will remain unchanged.
If they join at any point during the last 90 seconds: they will not lose nor earn points.
By doing this, players can join a game session and finish it without worrying about their Abstergo score going down.

I requoted this because i think an area people maybe overlooking/confusing is that if they enter a game after the first minute they are safe because only a positive outcome will influence score but a negative one will not. This condition is only TRUE IF YOU FINISH. It clearly states that any quit after the first minute will result in a penalty and that penalty will be counted as a loss against the whole lobby in FFA which can be extremely huge if there is any new players. You can check the ranks of each player before the game by selecting "show player profile" option. As how quitting in team modes exactly works i am not entirely sure since they say its average score they factor, but is that average score determined by the players who start the game or finish the game.

Also i would for the sake of error state don't use the 9:00 minute mark as deadon I would give yourself a +/- 10 second window, because im not sure exactly at what point the game consider you in the game. Is it the moment you spawn, when you select your ability set, when loading the map but not just yet in the game(techincally you show up as in the game to others waiting to drop in to spawn)

sirturmund
11-25-2012, 07:27 PM
I noticed something yesterday while playing. When quitting out of a lobby before the 1st minute of the match you won't lose points, just how it's suppose to, but if you quit out of the lobby any other time, including while you are waiting for a rematch, you will lose points. I think that's silly. If I just finished a match, I should be able to leave that lobby while the other players vote for a map and the time is counting down. I lost over a 100 points yesterday because after I won an Assassinate game, I wanted to go play manhunt with my friends and the left the lobby I was in about 20 seconds or so before rematch started.

So yea. For those who care about rank, I would say to always play it safe and if you want to leave a lobby, wait until the actually match starts and leave around 15 seconds after it starts. It's tedious because you have to wait for character selection, and good luck if your lobby goes below 4 people, then you have to wait for more people before you can quit without risking your rank.

dondarko
11-25-2012, 07:28 PM
I requoted this because i think an area people maybe overlooking/confusing is that if they enter a game after the first minute they are safe because only a positive outcome will influence score but a negative one will not. This condition is only TRUE IF YOU FINISH. It clearly states that any quit after the first minute will result in a penalty and that penalty will be counted as a loss against the whole lobby in FFA which can be extremely huge if there is any new players. You can check the ranks of each player before the game by selecting "show player profile" option. As how quitting in team modes exactly works i am not entirely sure since they say its average score they factor, but is that average score determined by the players who start the game or finish the game.

Also i would for the sake of error state don't use the 9:00 minute mark as deadon I would give yourself a +/- 10 second window, because im not sure exactly at what point the game consider you in the game. Is it the moment you spawn, when you select your ability set, when loading the map but not just yet in the game(techincally you show up as in the game to others waiting to drop in to spawn)

Good find! I really missed that, the expressions could really mislead you in thinking there were unconditional Rules. But now it seems, the Quitting-Penalty overrules them all.
I LIKE IT!
Game on, Ubisoft!

Why So Egar
11-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Ok so explain to me why. When i joined a lobbie. The game was still at the waiting for leader selection. My xbox froze. I get back into the game to find I lost 110 point's. So your system is flawed. An why do we randomly lose point's. Also I have been in game's against other guys who were in the top 100 with me. We won i got =.. next game lost and lost 110.. and draw a game and lost 110. Now i know i aint the only person with this problem. So what are you doing to fix these issues ? Or atleast explain why I randomly lose point's over night ? Or why I lost points on a freeze when a game hadn't started?

SeeknDestroy1318
11-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Don't know where it is in this forum but the devs have stated that this issue is a result of the ladder not working as intended and are looking into fixing it. Also as i've stated before this issue seems to be console specific to xbox players. Also my guess is with your xbox freezing the game interprets that as a forced sign out, (tactic some might use to avoid QP) im not saying it is fair but TBF that may just be an issue with xbox, i don't have console freeze on PS3 side, but i do get dropped from games randomly while in the middle of them. I do feel your pain however and hope it gets fixed.

cruzateu
11-25-2012, 08:57 PM
this thing is broken....

person x prestige 2
person y prestige 1(all professional)
person z level 50
person level 7 (the lowest rank) vs me and two other guys level 50

We lose, result -109 points! REALLY?

SeeknDestroy1318
11-25-2012, 09:05 PM
this thing is broken....

person x prestige 2
person y prestige 1(all professional)
person z level 50
person level 7 (the lowest rank) vs me and two other guys level 50

We lose, result -109 points! REALLY?

Unfortunately no it isn't based on your example. Level has nothing do with it, it's all about rank and those high prestige's could have a low enough rank and it determined by average rank of the team so that level 7 who probably also has a rank in the 100k's region could really muddy the water. Check the ranks of the player in the player menu before or during match to get a better idea.

cruzateu
11-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Unfortunately no it isn't based on your example. Level has nothing do with it, it's all about rank and those high prestige's could have a low enough rank and it determined by average rank of the team so that level 7 who probably also has a rank in the 100k's region could really muddy the water. Check the ranks of the player in the player menu before or during match to get a better idea.3 professionals and 1 other guy of the lowest rank vs 3 professional rank (and if i am remember right two of the other team were 48 and 86 of the ladder, but not so sure)

SeeknDestroy1318
11-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Yea unfortunately that single player can really drop the avg tremendously, which is why i think a combo or mean and either median or some implementation of the STD deviation should be used to correct this, ow you will see teams of 3 taking in one really low rank as a buffer to prevent point loss or worse yet to artificially deflate their team avg to boost their points earned.

I think a good solution is to combine the team avg but also weigh it against individual rank and performance as well to minimize some of this, so that if a player who is on the losing team but does well isn't harshly penalized for being high rank, conversely someone can't net too many points simply because they have a low ranking teammate(who often doesn't do much to contribute to the win/loss).

Murd3r Claws
11-25-2012, 10:30 PM
just curious why did i play against 4 people slightly higher than me in the ranking and won like 4 games in a row yet gained NO POINTS....oh wait on match 5 playing the same people iwe win and suddenly i get points...when voicing this issue all got points but myself and one other but it only happened once...wtf Ubisoft? im working hard to get this stupid relic and your crap MP robbed me of 100+ points...UGH FIX THIS

Zebroneath
11-26-2012, 02:35 AM
This Ladder explanation really clarifies how the system SHOULD be working, thank you for bringing this to light. Seeing some of the previous examples, I feel satisfied that the problems are being looked into and that we are not left alone in this matter.

SillySin
11-26-2012, 03:43 PM
After testing:

The above Info are not accurate as I lost 220 pts for quitting 2 games at the 1st minute !!!!

How can we trust you anymore ?!!!

- I am uploading a video to show how I lose 110 for quitting a game at the 1st minute.

SillySin
11-26-2012, 05:02 PM
just curious why did i play against 4 people slightly higher than me in the ranking and won like 4 games in a row yet gained NO POINTS....oh wait on match 5 playing the same people iwe win and suddenly i get points...when voicing this issue all got points but myself and one other but it only happened once...wtf Ubisoft? im working hard to get this stupid relic and your crap MP robbed me of 100+ points...UGH FIX THIS

I won against #1 (Veyron at that time) and he had 2 high level players in his team for 2 games and I gained nothing !!!

all I am doing now playing 10 games to gain 110 then lose them in one game against a full team !!

Murd3r Claws
11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
I won against #1 (Veyron at that time) and he had 2 high level players in his team for 2 games and I gained nothing !!!

all I am doing now playing 10 games to gain 110 then lose them in one game against a full team !!

believe me i know...the match i just won not 5 mins ago where the entire team left at once bc they were losing i gained nothing...this is bull...im tired of working so hard to get in the top 100 for this stupid relic when half the games i play and WIN i dont get squat...

luckyto
11-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Seems to be really fair and very well thought out on the FFA side of things. Good work, guys! :)

For team modes, I'm not so sure. Most of what we've gained or lost hasn't seemed right. I mean, take Domination. I've lost a 100 points in a match where it was four against two. In Domination, sheer numbers (2:1) count a great deal. Yet the Team Ladder scores are based on averages, rather than totals. I think it would be better to compare one teams' total to another teams' total. That way if a team was outnumbered, they were either punished minimally or rewarded greatly. Such a system would also account for four pros versus four noobs and so on.

Just a thought, Anyways, great post and thanks for the explanation. It's clear you have put a lot of thought into it -

Demon.King.
11-26-2012, 05:43 PM
The ladder system is broken, does not work as it should work in theory, and even so is stupid...Especially in team modes.

I believe that a win and a loss should both give and remove the same MINIMUM amount of points (for example 10 points) regardless of rank. the only things to be considered:
1 - in team modes is the team balance, whether it is 4 v 4, 4 v 3, or worse...and should also consider if there where quitters after half the match, and compensate the score outcome balance equally...

2 - the victory/loss margin, if the teams/individual players where very close in score, the point loss should be minimal, not take full loss anyway as if they had wiped the floor with you...

3 - being disconnected DOES NOT reduce score...hell, if you had the most perfectly stable MP ever, I would understand, but in a game that disconnects you half the time, losing points for disconnections is totally unfair...

4 - if you join a session and you don't like it/not what you looked for, and quit after a few seconds, you shouldn't lose points anyway...it's utterly stupid...there should be a time that starts from just after character selection, where anyone that is present in the game for less than 1 minute, regardless of whether he was in the game from start and left after character selection, or joined late at any point in the match and left, does not lose points.

5 - ladder rank, however not as it is now. regardless of what your rank is, you should get a minimum amount of points + points depending on the lobby. As your rank goes higher, the points from the lobby (for both win and loss) decrease, but the minimum does not, so that as long as you win, you will always get points, regardless of the situation, and if you lose to someone of lower rank, you don't lose all the points you gained in the previous 10 wins...which is ridiculous...

It is a simpler system, and would be relatively fair to everyone...

As it is now, i don't even care to look at the ladder since its 1) bugged, 2) boosted, 3) unfair due to not considering situations

luckyto
11-26-2012, 05:49 PM
I think it should be based on the quality of player. The system, in theory, is a good idea. In FFA, it seems to be pretty solid system.

I believe that a win and a loss should both give and remove the same amount of points regardless of rank. the only things to be considered:
1 - in team modes is the team balance, whether it is 4 v 4, 4 v 3, or worse...and should also consider if there where quitters after half the match, and compensate the score outcome balance equally...
2 - the victory/loss margin, if the teams/individual players where very close in score, the point loss should be minimal, not take full loss anyway as if they had wiped the floor with you...

But yes. Team Balance in Domination and AA is a big big factor that should be considered. Both of those are good points that should affect the weighting in team modes.

Demon.King.
11-26-2012, 06:06 PM
I think it should be based on the quality of player. The system, in theory, is a good idea. In FFA, it seems to be pretty solid system.

But yes. Team Balance in Domination and AA is a big big factor that should be considered. Both of those are good points that should affect the weighting in team modes.

I edited my post adding and changing some things which where a bit off..

luckyto
11-26-2012, 06:22 PM
The current system does allow you to quit within the first minute of the match.

And a big YES on #3.

Demon.King.
11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
The current system does allow you to quit within the first minute of the match.

I know the current system does allow that (even if i think the match must have actually started and you can't quit before loading), and I expanded on it, including the waiting in lobby + join late at any time.

luckyto
11-26-2012, 08:10 PM
My bad. Carry on. Peace -

najzere
11-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Are people getting Abstergo Score when they play FFA games now, specifically Deathmatch? I haven't played since last week when I got nothing for winning two straight sessions.

luckyto
11-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes. If you beat up a lobby of lower levels though, don't expect much. And often not the first game that I drop in, it's usually the second.

najzere
11-26-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't expect much, but at least something according to Natalya's post. The first match was a full match although most of the prestiges dropped out before the end.

FourTotal
11-26-2012, 10:20 PM
In AA if one team has more than the other i leave. I really dont give a rats tail if i lose points since with one less person we will lose most likely anyway.

If a person leaves later on in the game i leave. I dont care. 4 vs 3 is not my cup of tea.

If i get nothing but kids running around killing everything in sight but what they are supposed to, i leave. I dont care.

If i get dropped more than once in front of the same guy to be killed i leave. That is UBI serving me up for points. I dont care.

If i see a person walking aimlessly on offense i leave. Earn you own **** points. I dont care.

I am supposed to stay in th egame because i care about rank? I went from 328 to 11.000 today lmao. I DONT CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

UBI cares because now i cant get into a game again because they do not like it when people leave.

Jack-Reacher
11-26-2012, 11:05 PM
So basically keep joining in late games and you can never lose points only gain. Anywho has disconnects been cleared up, do they count as leaving?

ihateyou0
11-27-2012, 12:10 AM
So basically keep joining in late games and you can never lose points only gain. Anywho has disconnects been cleared up, do they count as leaving?
Yea Im pretty sure

Oxford_of_Dale
11-27-2012, 01:39 AM
I win matches but my score doesn't change. Why? I was in for the whole time.

B-L-A-D-E-S
11-27-2012, 02:22 AM
I just quit two team modes sessions that started from the start but i left as soon as the game started, it was only 9:57 when i left, and the other the timer was still above 9:00 minutes. I lost 200 abstergo score. I did this because it placed me in these games either with a divided team, or I lost one of my viewers in the process of joining the game. I cannot put into words at how frustrated I was after this surprise, especially after reading this thread.

najzere
11-27-2012, 02:28 AM
Well the OP is the concept they were trying to implement. It's pretty obvious they did not succeed. Hopefully they will fix this in another patch.

B-L-A-D-E-S
11-27-2012, 02:37 AM
yea, Hope so Najzere. It takes valuable time to build score, having it just taken away for 2 quits before the timer hits 9:00 seems unfair.

MOUSH46
11-27-2012, 04:42 AM
I dropped from rank 748 to 8000ish in 2 days while I was offline, I was not impressed. Now I have climbed back to 2000 but it is taking ages...last night I was playing 6 hours all on AA.
Every session was a team win and I only gained ranking points off 2 sessions. It states team win results in a + score. So why did I not gain?

Jack-Reacher
11-27-2012, 04:45 AM
Cuz ubisoft horrible evil waa waa company and i want it now!

luckyto
12-01-2012, 05:04 PM
You guys have got to do something about the team mode calculation. Going into a game 4 against 2 shouldn't affect a player's score.

Also, please try to work out someway for detecting for when you boot me from a sesson. I've only rage quit a match once in my life out of thousands of sessions, but I've had your servers boot me from a match several times a week.

lucreziasboy
12-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks for explaining how the ladder works!

Demon.King.
12-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks for explaining how the ladder works!

Small correction...how it SHOULD work...not how it does work...

lucreziasboy
12-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Small correction...how it SHOULD work...not how it does work...

Oh?Fail...

BigUrn
12-01-2012, 09:30 PM
So if say a prestige 12 quits when my team is winning he still loses points but how many exactly cause it says they lose points for leaving but yet I still see ranked players leaving when losing so obviously they must not lose as many points as they would of if they stayed. Also I heard yea they still lose points for leaving but you don't get as many points as you would of if they stayed is this true?

Lord_Xavius
12-03-2012, 12:37 AM
This system is complete and utter BS and broken as all hell. I'm sick of joining games BEYOND the first minute and losing points. I just lost a grand total of 500+ points because of joining games that were already in progress, half done and yet I still lose points.

Yeah your system is working like its supposed to UBI. Piece of crap.

Jack-Reacher
12-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Im also getting disconnected all the time so noo point in me ever even dreaming of breaking the top 100

W-E-S-P
12-03-2012, 01:17 AM
Being in the top 100 doesn't mean anything. Most of them are only there because they exploit the game in one way or another

BigUrn
12-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Right before the patch was implemented my so called score was like 3500 or something but with all the dc and joining games late it dropped all the way down to 1995 lol. I also don't like the fact you lose points if say 3 people leave as soon as the match starts or halfway through and it's like 1 or 2 people vs 4 or whatever kinda lame. I don't much care for my rank when it comes to my score it's just when I see those red negative 75s and what not it's like the game is telling me I suck. It says the season ends in february so hopefully by then a patch or two or three will actually fix the system

Red_SPiTFirE
12-03-2012, 02:00 AM
I've been losing points without it actualyl telling me i've been losing points. I seem to recall today being at about 2300 points and either gaining points or joining midmatch and having no change (=). But At some point I stopped to look and I was into the 2100's.

So I don't know if it is just the server catching up itself on how many points I should have but it didn't make any sense to me. Its a bit frustrating and its making me really careful not to quit games even if they're lagging to the point of no return.

Collinwood01
12-03-2012, 06:21 AM
So let me get this straight... If I am a player who plays for fun,not competitively, and I join a group and they are serious all about rank and point freaks, and my goal is to get some challenges done and I do horribly in score and they lose then I drag them down? Wow, that sounds really fair! Or lets say I play competitively and Im up against the laggiest crew on gods green earth and we lose 22k to 11k, Do we get to lose a bunch of points? Awesomesauce! By the way both of these scenarios happened just yesterday. My point is that as much as you might be into ranks and scores they can never really show anything of value because not everyone is on the same playing field for different reasons.

My suggestion would be to either have 2 different aspects for playing, like they did in ACB (Player match and Ranked match) or have some kind of tournaments where all players who enter are all at the same connection speed and ping and have dedicated servers just for them so that there is no outside interference from regular just for fun players. The problem with the first suggestion is that Ranked matches can have interference from regular just for fun players who join in just to get a game. The problem with the second suggestion is who will pay for the dedicated servers? Some food for thought. Maybe you could pay a fee to enter a tournament and some of the money would be used to pay for the dedicated servers and some for prizes. I think that would be cool.

Lord_Xavius
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm wondering why there isn't TWO ranks.

Why isn't there a rank for TEAM playing and another rank for FFA play?

That would "sort of" solve a lot of issues and give a more accurate reflection of someone who say, is great at Deathmatch/Wanted/Assassinate but may not be the best team player in Domination/Manhunt/Artifact Assault?

This doesn't solve the problem with teammates who are completely terrible bringing you down or people who quit, but its a better step in the right direction I think.

Kytr
12-03-2012, 07:53 PM
The first thing that needs to be fixed is being dinged for joining a game in progress. Since that was not your choice and is not under your control, there is NO possible excuse for taking a hit on that basis. Of course you will not win when you start with the game half over and people thousands of points ahead. One alternative is for the system to stop putting people into games that are more than a minute old.

The situation for team games also needs to be addressed -- when one side has more players, they will usually win. If the mismatch is more than 1 player, it becomes even worse (at 3 on 1, even the worst players you can find will beat the best). Losing points when playing uphill should not happen either.

Lord_Xavius
12-03-2012, 08:46 PM
The first thing that needs to be fixed is being dinged for joining a game in progress. Since that was not your choice and is not under your control, there is NO possible excuse for taking a hit on that basis. Of course you will not win when you start with the game half over and people thousands of points ahead. One alternative is for the system to stop putting people into games that are more than a minute old.

The situation for team games also needs to be addressed -- when one side has more players, they will usually win. If the mismatch is more than 1 player, it becomes even worse (at 3 on 1, even the worst players you can find will beat the best). Losing points when playing uphill should not happen either.

AMEN. This is my largest frustration at the moment. Its more than a little frustrating...

B-L-A-D-E-S
12-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm wondering why there isn't TWO ranks.

Why isn't there a rank for TEAM playing and another rank for FFA play?

That's Interesting.

najzere
12-03-2012, 09:50 PM
I asked for this in the ask a dev thread, but I want separate ladders for each mode, not just FFA vs Team, although that would be better than nothing.

Hitchhy
12-03-2012, 10:05 PM
I just played a match of Domination, it started as a 2 vs. 3 and after 4-5 minutes into this game they got a 4th player (so it was a 2 vs. 4) I tried everything i could possibly do and got 20 kills but we obviously lost anyway... when I was watching the session results I got really angry: I lost 110 Abstergo Points !! I mean seriously that is not fair!! I am prestige 4 and my teammate was prestige 2 and the opposing team consisted of one prestige 1 and three level 50 players... so can someone explain me how that is fair??? before that I won like 5 matches in a row and got a total of 80 Abstergo Points for that so it is very frustrating to see all of that destroyed by things like that

lucreziasboy
12-03-2012, 10:08 PM
I find raising my abstergo score easier on ffa sessons,especially on simple deathmatch.

Demon.King.
12-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I find raising my abstergo score easier on ffa sessons,especially on simple deathmatch.

I reached position 49 om PC just by playing AA, mostly with randoms. So it depend on luck and what team mates you get.

B-L-A-D-E-S
12-03-2012, 10:44 PM
I have some suggestions.

1. In team games, created groups should not be split. period. There is a reason people create groups, and that is to play with their friends or clanmates. If this problem cannot be addressed then when your group is split up, the reward for all in that group should be (=). There is no reason to have friends battling for points over one another. (Another idea is to put a prompt alerting you that your group will be split up before joining a session, and give the option to keep searching for another game.)

2. In team games, as someone pointed out when one particular team is outnumbered, there should be some compensation for that teams loss, and given a greater bonus if they win. There should be more leniency and reward, respectively.

3. In team games, If a player does his/her part and lets say scores 8,000 points and the rest of their team scores 1,000. Why should they be reprimanded. They did their part to try to secure the win. Individual contribution to the teams total score should be taken into consideration. (points, objectives etc...)

4. If a player joins a game whether its from the beginning or already in progress. There should be a window of 30 seconds to back out considering the fact that part of the time, you get put into a game that was not your preference. Examples of this are, groups getting split up, unbalanced teams, etc.., noone should have to play through a game solely because they are afraid of losing abstergo score. Once a player stays in the entered game and 30 has elapsed then they fall into the basic rules of win points/lose points category. I understand some people may say that players might leave just because the game does not suit them when they are farming for abstergo score. In that case you can put a limit on this to say 10 quits a day and there should be a display for that. (I am just putting this out there, this is not concrete and im sure adjustments can be made to this.). I also like the idea that joining a game with 9:00 or more left on the clock is considered a full game, and joining it after 9:00 only yields reward yet no loss (now if they can just get it to work)

5. No points should be lost for quitting a game that has not already completely started. The game tends to freeze alot in the lobby, during character choosing etc... which forces people to quit or restart their consoles. Hopefully that issue gets resolved, also another idea to letting people know when the game has officially started would be to maybe put a timer in the upper screen of the game indicating when the game will be completely locked and quitting without losing abstergo score will no longer be an option.

6. And lastly, I should be ranked number 1. I know, I know what you guys are thinking, that this is based solely on personal preference, but so is the fact I want a lamborghini and I dont have that, but Its good to dream sometimes, and I consider myself sort of a comedian.

Seriously though, these are just some suggestions. Im not sure if they are exactly ideal, but im just pointing out things I noticed from my past experiences. These suggestions are subject to change and more can be included in the future and as I become more aquainted with the game.

Off topic and on a side note. The picture displaying your first target stays in the game entirely to long. By the time is fades away, people are already half way across the map and it only becomes a burden while navigating the character.

B-L-A-D-E-S
12-03-2012, 10:54 PM
I asked for this in the ask a dev thread, but I want separate ladders for each mode, not just FFA vs Team, although that would be better than nothing.

That is something that is definately worth looking into and weighing the pros and cons as well Najere. That didnt even occur to me when I read the suggestion about a seperate FFA and Team mode ladder.

OroSama
12-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Huh. Pretty interesting comments . I'd like to share my experience with the Abstergo ladder:

Last night I played a lot and had 2639 (more or less), in this evening when I saw my score I had 1903 (more or less). I don't know what happened. I don't disconnect, won most of the matches...
My points just vanished... Very interesting.

a-l-e-x--68
12-06-2012, 04:47 AM
Just yesterday, December 5:
1. I played several sessions of DM, later I quit unwanted "Wanted" after people voted for it. Quit as soon as it started. Time was 9:30. Turn off PS3 and went to work. Back home in evening, turn on: -106 points.
2. Played again several sessions of DM, wanted to finish play but failed to quit during voting, new game started, turn off PS3 before it went to character selection. Turn on PS3 this morning: -106 point.

It is obvious to me that ladder does not work as it suppose to work. Hope that it can be fixed according to the statements at least.

It is important to distinguish between "quit", "disconnected from server", "connection lost" before punish a player.
I support idea of a different ladder for every mode. Team modes are very different from free-for-all, and also assassinate is completely different from deathmatch, for example.
As an extra suggestion: if I am the 1st now in the match and want to quit for any reason - please do not punish me and let me quit at any time.

Zawerni
12-06-2012, 06:23 AM
I recently was put in a high scoring game, with the first 4 players at 3000+ and only 1 minute on the clock. I ended up in 6th place when the game ended yet I lost 95 Abstergo score, but if I leave a game like this, I'm pentalized the same amount. The same happens in team games. I've lost around 380 Abstergo score from situations like this..

Evil 5teven
12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
The ladder system is total BS.

For a time-out, or disconnection, you lose the whole 100 points as you were labeled a quitter. It just makes me wonder, how two different things *has quit* / *has been disconnected* net you substraction of Abstergo Score.

If you don't play for more than...what...6 hours? A normal sleep cycle, then you get substracted points as well? Is it somehow a way to "balance" the first positions? To make them...unreachable?

I had 4600 points when I turned off my console, very proud of myself, because I got them with hardwork and good teamplay. Once I turn the game back on I'm down to 4100. So, 500 points just vanished?

Care to explain Ubisoft??? :mad::mad:

DeanOMiite
12-06-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm the opposite of everybody else...I lose points when I quit or when I get disconnected, I'm ok with that...but I'm actually NOT getting points when I win. I just played a game of Artifact Assault where

A) MY TEAM WON
B) I was the third highest scorer
C) I had the most captures
D) The other team had all four players at least in the "professional" rank, one of them was a lvl 1 prestige, and they had the #46 player on the ladder on their team

If I don't move up for beating THAT team, then how in the world do I move up!?

thatredrubicon
12-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Ok so if I join a game session wiht like 5 min left, I check the scores and I see that the person in first place has like 7000 points already, if I immediately leave at that point, will I be penalized at all?

a-l-e-x--68
12-07-2012, 04:57 AM
Ok so if I join a game session wiht like 5 min left, I check the scores and I see that the person in first place has like 7000 points already, if I immediately leave at that point, will I be penalized at all?

According to my understanding and experience - yes, you will be penalized! :(

a-l-e-x--68
12-07-2012, 05:00 AM
I'm the opposite of everybody else...I lose points when I quit or when I get disconnected, I'm ok with that...but I'm actually NOT getting points when I win. I just played a game of Artifact Assault where

A) MY TEAM WON
B) I was the third highest scorer
C) I had the most captures
D) The other team had all four players at least in the "professional" rank, one of them was a lvl 1 prestige, and they had the #46 player on the ladder on their team

If I don't move up for beating THAT team, then how in the world do I move up!?

Happens often. Last night I win 5 DMs in a row in competitive lobbies - got exactly 0 points for every win.
In my experience, penalize system works very aggressive while awarding part lags a lot...

Drybones20008
12-07-2012, 07:31 AM
My reserve points are just not paying out! I have freakin 345 reserve points! I would like those points to go to my tally please :p

SeeknDestroy1318
12-07-2012, 09:09 AM
My reserve points are just not paying out! I have freakin 345 reserve points! I would like those points to go to my tally please :p

They are supposed to get added into your tally when you play a game and win, but it wouldnt surprise me if it isn't working as intended nothing seems to be working properly, look at web compare on the assassinsnetwork that function hasn't been working for the better part of the last 2-3 weeks. it's just a plain crappy nonfunctional system that in theory works well but simply doesn't function as it should for x% of the player base.

King Kaneda VII
12-08-2012, 07:28 AM
I would like support two ideas that have been thrown out.

1. Uneven team games should be rated differently. I've lost several Artifact Assault and Domination games that were 4 v 2. Even for 2 great players, 4 average opposing players can be overwhelming odds to battle against. It can be fun to put up a fight, but the fight devolves from trying not to lose to trying not to be utterly curb stomped.

2. Matchmaking should not dump you into game types that you did not search for. First, it was not the game type the player wanted to play. Second, from experiences of dropping out of unintended and search again for what I wanted, I know that there typically is a session of what the player chose going on; the player was just shoehorned into the unintended game type for some unknown reason. Third, the player may not have a loadout set up for that game type. Fourth, it was not the game type the player wanted to play (I feel like this point was worth mentioning twice). My solution for this: let us sit in a lobby for what we want to play until it fills up with other players.

a-l-e-x--68
12-10-2012, 02:31 AM
1. Uneven team games should be rated differently. Even for 2 great players, 4 average opposing players can be overwhelming odds to battle against.

Here is the formula how to count team rank:
TeamRank= (PlayerRank*time (in seconds) of his play in this match) and sum for every player joined or quit team during the match.

Now team modes are frustrating to play - you always get huge punishment on team loss and zero to nothing when team wins...

Murzealous
12-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Matchmaking should not dump you into game types that you did not search for. First, it was not the game type the player wanted to play. Second, from experiences of dropping out of unintended and search again for what I wanted, I know that there typically is a session of what the player chose going on; the player was just shoehorned into the unintended game type for some unknown reason. Third, the player may not have a loadout set up for that game type. Fourth, it was not the game type the player wanted to play (I feel like this point was worth mentioning twice). My solution for this: let us sit in a lobby for what we want to play until it fills up with other players.

I totally agree with you, when searching for FFA games this is a regular occurence. I hate it when I get into an Assassinate game, finish it, and find out I got outvoted and now I'm going to have to play Deathmatch/Wanted and I'm forced to play because I can't back out because otherwise I'll lose Abstergo Score. They should just make it like the Event playlist where all three options after the game finishes are the same game type as the previous game so people know 100% sure what they searched to originally wanted to play will be what they end up playing.

Anykeyer
12-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Now team modes are frustrating to play - you always get huge punishment on team loss

LOL. No, not always. Remember, this game is made by Ubisoft.
I think this screenshot would make an epic contribution to this thread http://beta.xfire.com/users/worstnoobevar/screenshots/126508186

avi0013
01-11-2013, 07:20 AM
The ladder is really flawed. Not giving any points for coming in first (multiple times, including once winning over the player currently ranked #5) but losing 80-100 points for involumtary disconnections.How does that make any sense ubisoft? When is it going to be fixed?

KazikZOstrody
01-12-2013, 11:26 PM
well, I didn't read all post in this thread, but first three pages and last one gave me answer : I'm not wrong saying that leaving unwanted game mode at 9:55 makes me losing about 100 points.
Starting from mid Dec or something when I started to track my abstergo rank I estimate I lost something about 3000 points because several times it happened that :

- I lost connection with host even if my NAT was green;
- I landed in game mode I didn't want to play and I left it - I say it was always in first minute;
- My xbox hung up during the game and I had to reset it;

In last two days I lost ~300 points in that way. Roughly calculating I should be in top 100 if I would get back all points lost in that way from the beginning.

Anyway...today I tried other method : I wanted to leave a game and I did it just resetting xbox before game started , it was a screen with character choice, I didn't chose any one and just reset xbox - guess what ? I lost 100points :).

So generally Abstergo Ladder is good idea but technically it has poor and unreliable implementation.
It is similar to rank system used in game GO.
The weak side of Abstergo ladder is that on list it mixes players playing different modes - each mode requires a bit different skills, so generally it doesn't make sense to compare in one table relative strength of all players. In GO it makes sense as all players plays exactly the same game with the same rules.

DRaider94
01-13-2013, 02:31 AM
^This.

DeanOMiite
01-13-2013, 05:42 AM
I got stuck in a game tonight, one of those games that the time never started. I quit that match and lost 200 pts. The ladder is broken. And stupid.

XLT sMasHerZZX
01-13-2013, 05:48 AM
I also know a lot about ladders...

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/ladder.jpg

WyvernKnight27
01-13-2013, 09:32 AM
They're broken lmao

Love your cash, Ubi

Goowarna
01-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Can you explain the reasoning, behind getting a draw in AA and loosing over 100 abstergo score, when i was playing solo against a full party who all had higher ranks then me anyway and i scored over 12k, there best score was little over 6k

montagemik
01-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Can someone explain why people still give a crap about this obviously flawed / broken ladder & ranking system after 2 months ??

Tottertates
03-04-2013, 02:48 AM
So... my team played a bunch of low levels today (lvls 1-40), not by our choosing... we were matched up against them and were afraid to leave.

As was expected, they had no chance and lost the AA session 13-0. No one on my team was expecting to receive any abstergo points, but when the game ended, we were horrified to find that we all lost 20 points... FOR WINNING.

right.

IStoleYourShoes
03-04-2013, 08:26 AM
So... my team played a bunch of low levels today (lvls 1-40), not by our choosing... we were matched up against them and were afraid to leave.

As was expected, they had no chance and lost the AA session 13-0. No one on my team was expecting to receive any abstergo points, but when the game ended, we were horrified to find that we all lost 20 points... FOR WINNING.

right.

I've had that happen, where I break even or lose a few pts on first. The scoring is unreliable anyways. Couple o clanmates and I played four AA games against a set of higher level opponents today. 1st game - Tie- 20 pts, 2nd game - 1st place - 11 pts, 3rd game - Tie - 30 pts, 4th game - 1st - place - 100 points. I really cant explain the inconsitencies in scoring.

H3LLBILLY_III
03-04-2013, 05:50 PM
I played a deathmatch the other night with some prestige players. I won the match but since I started with 8 minutes left it gave me and = sign. That's fine but then I went to look at my abstergo score and mysteriously it went down 110 points. Not to mention the disconnects costing me at least 550 pts this season. It's so frustrating.

czeuch
03-04-2013, 06:00 PM
This is strange. After patch 1.0.3, in PS3, I stopped losing points when disconnected. My rank is much more stable in season 2.

Maybe it's a xbox issue?

aLeXiTo FcB
04-06-2013, 05:10 PM
hi all! since i have a LOT of reservation points (near 2000) it means that i only can spend it by winning tons of games with a huge score?? it's a bit annoying, don't you think, guys???

DomdudeDaGreat
04-06-2013, 06:46 PM
hi all! since i have a LOT of reservation points (near 2000) it means that i only can spend it by winning tons of games with a huge score?? it's a bit annoying, don't you think, guys???

Who cares about the ladder anymore... I WANT THE PYRAMID FROM ACB.

aLeXiTo FcB
04-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Who cares about the ladder anymore... I WANT THE PYRAMID FROM ACB.

I want my top 100 relic :D

kucingminummilo
04-06-2013, 07:47 PM

Thanks a fair reason to worry about the ladder. I am behind you man.

DomdudeDaGreat
04-06-2013, 09:01 PM

Did you get legendary but not the relic? It should of been fixed if this is the case...

Its just the ladder is very broken and that the pyramid thing worked much better IMO.

aLeXiTo FcB
04-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Did you get legendary but not the relic? It should of been fixed if this is the case...

Its just the ladder is very broken and that the pyramid thing worked much better IMO.

No, no!! i'm not there just yet... but i think i can reach it with a little bit more effort! that assuming they give me my reservation points someday! lol!!

ScribBleFaeRie
10-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Just wondering about some points in the op.

I joined a game with about 6 mins to go today, rank went down.

Was in a full game of wanted. Won by over 2000 points, rank stayed same.

Is the op just a lie, or has the system changed

woodbok
10-16-2013, 06:31 PM

It never changed, just was broken in the first place.

Ubi-Cali
10-17-2013, 10:05 AM

The rank doesn't evolve instantly, ladders are updated every 6 hours, so your rank would evolve in the upcoming six hours or lesss.

BlindInIce
10-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Any reason why the AC4 ladder has only updated once? It's been more than 24 hours since I started playing and still no rank at all.

Ubi-Valentin
10-31-2013, 03:44 PM
The ladders had been reset. Afeter a reset, there are always a few days without any ladder update, just in order to have solid numbers basically.

s4mur41_pl
11-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Can you explain how it is possible that matchmaking puts me (lvl 55) with guys/gals with prestige lvl 5-6 and I am the only one so low? Since lvl 30 I haven't won a single game because people have unlocked skills that are beyond my reach. Then my ladder level goes down because I disconnected (AC4 kicked me to the desktop and said it stopped working -I get it, bugs will be fixed) and how it is my fault? Why I am penalized for bugs in game?

TR0UBLMAK3R
12-10-2013, 08:58 AM
this was just a few days ago... after they were fixed and reset :(

http://youtu.be/xUQpNbOqkko

i got a little frustrated at the end there, but hopefully seeing it in real time can help the devs figure out whats going on.

Darkknife69
12-11-2013, 02:40 PM
nice to see someone explaining it in a good way TR0UBLMAK3R, a few friends and i thought we were going mad losing 100-200 points randomly. I even noticed my score drop while I was offline.

AntiChrist7
12-13-2013, 01:13 PM
^^ yeah i can understand losing points through my internet disconnecting or the game crashing, but getting 0 (0) after a won match trying to get the points back is very frustrating. I pretty much avoid teamgames now since even getting dropped in halfway gets you -50

Gestahl
12-15-2013, 07:13 AM
I'm getting - (-) at the end of every round. What's up with that? My position has slid all the way down to 805 despite getting in the top three in pretty much every round of the Takeover event. I know it's glitched, but at least other people are seeing zeroes. I'm seeing dashes.

Crjans2
12-15-2013, 09:01 PM
As far as I know none of the event matches effect your ladder score

. On another note Ubi can we please fix the connection issues I was disconnected from host last night with less than a minute remaining to win the game but because I was disconnected I lost rouhly 90 abstergo score points dropping me about 100 rank spots. This is unacceptable when connection issues are so rampant in your game. A loss of connection should result in either no change in score at all or at the very least no loss if your team wins the game.

Gestahl
12-15-2013, 11:08 PM
As far as I know none of the event matches effect your ladder score.Why? That seems dumb. It also makes me question how I was ever in the 600s when I was only ever really dominant in the Flying Dutchman event. I wasn't paying attention to my ladder changes during that event, so I don't know if it was the same or not.

Crjans2
12-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Ubisoft Please fix the ladder system or update this thread to reflect correct rules. I have played over a dozen games today where I join with less than 8 minutes remaining and was put on the team that had virtually no chance of winning upon the end of the game I lost over 60 abstergo points per game. This includes when playing against multiple of the top ranked 99 players in the world. If the gain/loss depends on ranking how are such huge losses explained when loosing to the best of the best? It also seems extremely unfair how big some of the loss hits are when loosing on a team that is outnumbered 2 to 4 the entire game (not as the result of people leaving). I also still stand behind that fact that when a player is disconnected from host because of connection issues they should NEVER take a -110 point hit. At this point I am giving up on the ladder system until the new season or until some of these issues are fixed.

Darkknife69
12-18-2013, 01:33 AM
I thought after I had a great time figuring this one out that I would start a topic for the collective issues with the abstergo Ladder...
one from me, tested (accidently) but may help with the recreation of this issue. I was playing as usual and got some good high scores for myself, had a good rating and got to 2500. Thinking I'll just have one more game I played a quick match and after winning I had the ladder score 0 (0). I though this would be a good time to check the theory that a friend and I had, the Abstergo Ladder gives you the score -100 and this point.

When checking through the Abstergo Ladder, plain as day my score was unchanged. Time for another game to see if it will take me points or give me the points from my last win. After another good match, a bit close but luckily I had just clinched 1st place. The Abstergo score I had 0 (0), when checking on the ladder screen once again it was still unchanged. Getting a bit more curious I said fine last game to see what happens, fun game again really enjoyed the group and came first again. excited to see the score that should be coming my way I presented with 2312 (+12). This means I lost 200 points, proving the theory correct and making me wonder how many people are experiencing this? Or, does anybody else have other issues?

i know that TR0UBLMAK3R has a video where i think she may have missed what happened, i will link if i can find.

http://youtu.be/xUQpNbOqkko

Localist2012
12-18-2013, 02:12 AM
Events used to effect your score in AC3, which was an absolute nightmare imo. Now most events take place using gamelab style (so no ladder effect), which is great.

You tend to have good and bad days "laddering". I can have excellent days where I earn 100's of points in a few hours, other days I'll have one of those disconnection from host nightmares and lose all my winnings even though I'm doing really well in the game I was disconnected from ><

I've easily been staying in the top 100, usually hovering between 40-70th and that's not even playing that much. Highest I've got is 6th.

EDIT: I can understand why there is a penalty for being disconnected. It's because if there wasn't, people would unplug their ethernet cable if they're doing badly in order to not lose points. Very sad, I agree. However, that's the only reason I can think of why they wouldn't introduce a zero penalty for being disconnected from the host.

Crjans2
12-18-2013, 07:15 AM
EDIT: I can understand why there is a penalty for being disconnected. It's because if there wasn't, people would unplug their ethernet cable if they're doing badly in order to not lose points. Very sad, I agree. However, that's the only reason I can think of why they wouldn't introduce a zero penalty for being disconnected from the host.

Yes I agree I am sure that is why there is a penalty. The problem is that at least on the Xbox One disconnect from host is a far far to common issue right now and it is causing massive losses to players and or teams that should be getting wins and thus increases. The issue seems to be exponentially worse when trying to play in a group. My entire 4 man group crashed back to our main home screen just last night some of the issues are clearly software/server issues while others may be Xbox One hardware issues.

redka243
12-20-2013, 01:22 PM
So if i understand right, leaving with 9 mins or more on the clock or in a lobby before a game starts should not make me lose points?
At what point exactly is the game session considered done and its safe to leave?
finally can someone give a summary of things that were said in the op and not currently working as intended for most players?

Gestahl
12-22-2013, 05:53 AM
I was the top scoring player on the losing team. We lost the lead with five seconds to go. I lost 70 points. It seems to me that playing well even on a losing effort, especially when you lose so close to the end, should still reward you with positive points. Winning isn't everything.

CasualCreed
12-22-2013, 08:41 AM
So if i understand right, leaving with 9 mins or more on the clock or in a lobby before a game starts should not make me lose points?
At what point exactly is the game session considered done and its safe to leave?
finally can someone give a summary of things that were said in the op and not currently working as intended for most players?

basically, if you wanna be sure not to lose any points, leave the first 0.5 sek into the match. Anything else can result in losing points

Azure__Soul
12-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Word to the wise, don't bother with the ladder. I have lost points for the game freezing on me, reset get back in to the menu then it freezes again…I loose 100 points. Actually I barely ever loose points by loosing a match, I usually win most of them. I think the abstergo ladder is stupid, but that is my opinion. It sucks the fun out of the game. Especially since I was at 25 at one point and then lost it due to vanishing points? I mean what the heck is up with that? I am sure many other players have lost points for no reason lol. On another note Ubi really needs to bring back the takeover event XD I loved it!!

rascalmutiny
12-26-2013, 10:12 PM
In my opinion, the ladder is a broken piece of garbage that should be scrapped entirely and rebuilt from the ground up.

In one game I lost 452 points in a random grouped team match. For most of the match, the other team had 4 and my team 3, but the other players on my team were low leveled and obviously had no idea what was going on or how to play Domination. With about 2-3 minutes left, half of the other team dropped (2 remaining) and we end up loosing by maybe 5%, but I outscored 2nd by 2000pts. I cannot fathom how the ladder system as previously explained worked me over so badly. Does it only take into account players at the end and thus I lost to two players? Will it ever be fixed on the WiiU (I'm starting to think I wasted money buying the system as we keep getting shafted w/ no DLC or events that don't work). I've had games were I joined in the last 3 minutes and still got screwed. Or where the whole match is 3 or 4 vs 2 and gotten screwed. In most cases, I've lead my team or the whole lobby in individual score.

Game today, 3vs1 in artifact assault. I've got 2400 ranking points, they look like they got the game for the holiday. Final score 3-3. I have 8200pts, they have 2200, 2000, 600. I lose 17 rank points for a 3-3 draw. What the hell?

Team modes should only count for ranking when your in a group and not randomly matched.

On another note, what moron thought that white text on a light green background was a good choice for the HUD?

The only takeaway I have from the multiplayer game is that you guys are dumb.

redka243
12-29-2013, 08:19 PM
What are Reserve points?

Reserve points are used to help players who don’t get the chance to play as much.

When a player wins a game session, the Reserve points they’ve stored up will be used to boost their income. The way their income is boosted varies.

If they scored +65 and have 65 points or more available, their income will be doubled to reach +130 points (65 + 65) with points from their Reserve.
If they scored +65 and have less than 65 points available (let’s say 25), their income will be increased by this number of points, thus reaching a total of +90 points (65 + 25).

Useful facts:

The Reserve increases regularly as time goes by.
Players cannot decide when or how they spend Reserve points. Reserve points are an automatic mechanism meant to help players who cannot play as much.

This means that players with less time in their hands can still hope to be ranked well.
This also allows players to enter the competition even if they’ve missed the season start, since the amount of Reserve points is calculated from the day the season starts. This way, players starting late have a chance

is this part working as intended? My reserve points dont seem to be used as fast as this indicates. Do i have to be first on an ffa mode to use the points or should i use them if in second too?

about not losing points if players join in the middle of a game.. Seems like an easy exploit of this would be people just joining friends games in the middle. Did they think bout that?

CasualCreed
12-30-2013, 12:44 PM
the thing I dont get with reserve points is.. everyone gets them. How does it help a player that only plays a little to reach higher on the ladder.. when everyone else gets them? The only difference IMO is that the ones that play a lot get to spend theirs while the other players dont get to do that.

redka243
12-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Yes, it serms like a good idea in theory if less active players get more reserve points than more active players but in practice the points arent spent fast enough. It should be points earned plus up to 3-6x from the reserve instead of 2x now (assuming the systemI have also had this happen, mostly during events.if you are experiencing this, try to biy erudito credits instead of leaving. The game will tell you that you need to leave the game session to buy erudito credits, just confirm. I have never gotten the blue screen of death with this workaround.

i believe some people call this "erudito out". is sorking as intended). Or they need to think of a new system. The ladder is currently much more a measure of who plays most than who is best...if you play just a few hours per week you currently have no chance of high rank even if you are a great player.

Reserve points might actually be making it harder for less frequent players to score high since active players also get them and can spend all their points unlike the less active players.

Gestahl
12-30-2013, 07:12 PM
The influx of new players is killing my ranking. I prefer Manhunt, but when I lose and I score 8500 points, with hardly anybody else scoring anything, why should I drop in rank? This is absurd. I once crawled my way to 200 but now I'm all the way down to 1750.

redka243
12-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Played about 5 hours last week and got up to 1100. Took a week off at christmas and dropped to 2k something after not playing for just one week... :p id like to make legendary once but i doubt it will happen considering the amount of limited playtime i can get in..

also, holy wow on legendary being top 100. I think it ought to go up to 250 or 500. It should be adapted to the community size in any case. May be harder on some systems than others..

Gestahl
01-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Why do you lose points if you get third place out of eight in Wanted? I mean, I guess you don't always lose points, but once you hit around rank 500 on the ladder then you do start losing points. I "get" the meaning. You need to win matches to be "elite", but nobody wins bronze at the Olympics and is considered a loser. There's prestige simply for making it that far. At the very least, getting third place should result in no gain. No loss as well. Just a big, fat zero. You shouldn't punish players for coming in third.

Anykeyer
01-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Other players' rank is taken into consideration. If you are 3rd place after low ranked players - you're considered a loser. Olympics isnt a good example because competition is always high there.

Gestahl
01-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Other players' rank is taken into consideration. If you are 3rd place after low ranked players - you're considered a loser. Olympics isnt a good example because competition is always high there.So instead of insulting me, it's insulting other players? Swell. If somebody does well enough to consistently get first place, which was the case in the two matches in which I finished third, then they are obviously high competition. I shouldn't go down in rank when they beat me. Especially when I still did well enough to get third place out of eight.

Saying "the competition was weak. You must suck." is hardly sporting. It's not fair to me and it's not fair to my competition.

Anykeyer
01-01-2014, 09:29 PM
You're overreacting. Losing to lower or equally ranked players results in loosing points. It's that simple.
In FFA modes every player's rank and time spent in session is considered.
I didnt say "weak". Many players dont care about rank, in fact 4 players out of 5 at the top are nothing more than legendary noobs.

Gestahl
01-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Well, the system is garbage. I'm done with it. I'm going to go back to playing Manhunt, where even if I score 8500 points, I lose ranking because the rest of my team failed to score any points. What a marvelous system.

Sephrick
01-02-2014, 05:19 AM
Screw the ladder.

I've finally been motivated enough to weigh in.

Loosing points for winning is an annoyance. Albeit, a temporary one with the influx of latecomers on the PS4. But my drop is noticeable given I've plummeted several hundred places since I only play Quick Matches. But tonight I lost a significant amount of points when I was placed into a Domination match that was 1v3 with two minutes remaining.

Instead of being a ***** and running I played and was penalized for it. Is this the environment you'd care to encourage?

The ladder's algorithm sucks; plain and simple. I'm not expecting a pat on the back for sticking with a game that's lost from when I drop in it or an an influx of newcomers, but negating the negative affects of positive behavior would be welcomed.

edit: I was the second-ranked player in a team match and lost as many points as when I was dropped in the game with two minutes remaining. How is that fair? Being the second best player in a match shouldn't take a back seat to having a team full of random teammates who don't have access to he abilities that allow them to compete against a team of prestiged players.

Anykeyer
01-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Stop whining. You never lose points if you win. Apparently "team" part eludes some players and they will invent any reason why they should not have lose points. But the fact remains - in team modes only your team's performance matters. Thats how it should be. Dont like it - dont play it, or play in group with experienced friends.
What do you even mean by being 2nd best player in Domination match? Score? LOL, you can camp at your base occasionally getting huge points for hidden incognito kills, be "the best player" but still contribute nothing to your team success.

Domination match that was 1v3 with two minutes remaining.

Cool story. First of all match would end without players in any of the teams. Second, you arent loosing any points if you lose after joining late (4 or less minutes before session's end)

Sephrick
01-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Stop whining. You never lose points if you win. Apparently "team" part eludes some players and they will invent any reason why they should not have lose points. But the fact remains - in team modes only your team's performance matters. Thats how it should be. Dont like it - dont play it, or play in group with experienced friends.
What do you even mean by being 2nd best player in Domination match? Score? LOL, you can camp at your base occasionally getting huge points for hidden incognito kills, be "the best player" but still contribute nothing to your team success.

Rampant fanboyism much?

Sorry if I seem to have struck a nerve. You can say I'll never lose ladder points for winning till you're blue in the face, but the fact remains that since Christmas I've lost points when winning against teams of low level players. Perhaps it's a bug that needs sorting out, so no need to jump down my throat for noting it.

Cool story. First of all match would end without players in any of the teams. Second, you arent loosing any points if you lose after joining late (4 or less minutes before session's end)

Cool story.

First if all I got dropped into a match that was 1v3, which means when I joined it was then 2v3.I've stuck it out after teammates abandoned me in 1 vs many situations strictly because it was under the 9 minute mark. I know full well how the ladder is supposed to work. What I'm saying in the post to which you replied is that it doesn't.

Secondly, I stand by my notion that ladder points shouldn't be affected by team performance. Because:

A) It's an individual rank, therefore it should only account for individual score. Why am I being punished because my team ewa any so great?

B) Assassin's Creed multiplayer is not popular enough for the don't like it/don't play it fanboy argument to hold water. I often have no choice but to play certain game modes based on what the limited community is playing -- especially at the launch of a new consoles when they player base is stretched across six platforms. Add an ability like most multiplayer a to search only a specific type of game mode and to see how many players are playing it and we can talk.but as it stands now setting the game type is more of a suggestion than a command.

There's no need to get so aggressive about me recounting my frustration over my own experiences. This is how games get better.

Anykeyer
01-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Rampant fanboyism much?

Sorry if I seem to have struck a nerve. You can say I'll never lose ladder points for winning till you're blue in the face, but the fact remains that since Christmas I've lost points when winning against teams of low level players. Perhaps it's a bug that needs sorting out, so no need to jump down my throat for noting it.

Rampant idoicity right here ^
You cant lose points if you won. If you lost points you didnt win. Winning = 1st place in FFA or team win in team mode. Nothing else. Period.

I stand by my notion that ladder points shouldn't be affected by team performance. Because:

A) It's an individual rank, therefore it should only account for individual score. Why am I being punished because my team ewa any so great?

B) Assassin's Creed multiplayer is not popular enough for the don't like it/don't play it fanboy argument to hold water. I often have no choice but to play certain game modes based on what the limited community is playing -- especially at the launch of a new consoles when they player base is stretched across six platforms. Add an ability like most multiplayer a to search only a specific type of game mode and to see how many players are playing it and we can talk.but as it stands now setting the game type is more of a suggestion than a command.

There's no need to get so aggressive about me recounting my frustration over my own experiences. This is how games get better.
A) Why not? Its a team mode. You can get the most points but it does not mean anything. What if you just camped in AA/domination or stole all kills in MH? Usual stuff I see often, from noobs and prestiged players alike. Taking personal score in team modes into account would be impractical.
I would agree if your suggestion would be to have 2 separate ranks, FFA and teams (or even 6 ranks, 1 for each mode). But all I see is whining and illogical suggestions based on what you want for youself, nothing more.
B) Really? You can join FFA game at any given time. And search will never ever redirect you from FFA to a team mode.

Gestahl
01-03-2014, 03:48 AM
B) Really? You can join FFA game at any given time. And search will never ever redirect you from FFA to a team mode.I can't speak for the PS4, but the Xbox One has less players than other systems. Our community challenges are weaker to represent that. I believe the PS4 had to plunder 900,000 warehouses in a recent challenge. Xbox One? 200,000. Our multiplayer has less players, too, or at least it did before Christmas. I can do a search for Wanted for twenty minutes straight with it telling me no games were found. It suggests doing a wider search, which does include team based modes like Manhunt. There are times where I'm forced to play something I absolutely hate, like Deathmatch, simply because it's the only mode with active players.

Am I whining? Perhaps. However, Assassin's Creed IV is the first multiplayer game that I've been able to play on a console in over a decade. So when I started playing the game and immediately found myself consistently ranked around 600, I became motivated to try to get into the top 100. The game's mechanics constantly work against me, however. Even if I get into the top 100, I won't stay there. My interest in this game isn't long-term. I very much doubt I'll be playing it past June except for multiplayer events which give out achievements.

But I'd still like to get Legendary and unlock the emblems before I call it a day. At the moment I'm ranked somewhere in the 200-300s.

Ysanoire
01-03-2014, 07:19 AM
I didnt say "weak". Many players dont care about rank, in fact 4 players out of 5 at the top are nothing more than legendary noobs.

Eh really? I don't know who you mean and why such high numbers. I know before the ladder fixes you could often see people with ridiculous Abstergo scores and 0 or 1 sessions played, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Every time I meet a legendary player in the game I can be sure it's going to be a tough fight. As far as I can tell, players in top 100 usually deseve to be there (of course, I don't play all the modes, and it's possible someone rode into top 100 on the backs of their teammates, but those would be exceptions). Sure, there are players OUTSIDE top 100 who also deserve to be there, but that doesn't make the legendary players noobs.

I agree with everything else you said. People always have reasons why they shouldn't have lost Abstergo points, but the fact is, if you win you don't lose score, and if you've lost... well, you deserve to lose it. And score doesn't tell you anything about how a person did in team modes either, it's only the team's result that matters (except in Manhunt, where getting points is the same as contributing).

Anykeyer
01-03-2014, 09:02 AM
t suggests doing a wider search, which does include team based modes like Manhunt.

There are 2 ways search can be extended. Automatic ("your preferred mode wasnt found, extending search") never goes into another category. It sticks to FFA or team modes.
But if you waited for a very long time there will be a prompt to start a new search. This time however it equals to pressing "quick match" and can give you any mode. Always decline that and start custom search.

Eh really? I don't know who you mean and why such high numbers. I know before the ladder fixes you could often see people with ridiculous Abstergo scores and 0 or 1 sessions played, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Every time I meet a legendary player in the game I can be sure it's going to be a tough fight. As far as I can tell, players in top 100 usually deseve to be there (of course, I don't play all the modes, and it's possible someone rode into top 100 on the backs of their teammates, but those would be exceptions). Sure, there are players OUTSIDE top 100 who also deserve to be there, but that doesn't make the legendary players noobs.

Playerbase is small enough for me to know almost every good player by nickname. There a lot of legendaries who just played in team for a week or so, They didnt even rode on the backs of teammates, because usually no one in their group is above average. Its harder to get legendary if you play FFA now, due to stunbaiting removed from assassinate, but still quite easy if you play all day. A lot of skilled players dont care about rank, instead they leave when they are loosing (and they lose more points by doing so compared to what they would lose if they have stayed), because winrate is permanent stat, unlike rank.
As for "high numbers" part. This one is simple, I could always beat 4 out of 5 "legends" even after 3-4 months break from the game. And Im not legendary most of the time (sometimes I do, by accident).

Ysanoire
01-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Playerbase is small enough for me to know almost every good player by nickname. There a lot of legendaries who just played in team for a week or so, They didnt even rode on the backs of teammates, because usually no one in their group is above average.

I don't get it, if they are bad players in bad teams, how do they gain Abstergo points in team modes?

, but still quite easy if you play all day.

Sure, totally, but you'd have to WIN most of the time.

As for "high numbers" part. This one is simple, I could always beat 4 out of 5 "legends" even after 3-4 months break from the game. And Im not legendary most of the time (sometimes I do, by accident).

But that doesn't make them bad players. Even if you can beat them without being in top 100 it DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE NOOBS. You're obviously and experienced player and I'm sure you're one of those people who don't care about rank, so it stands to reason that you wouldn't have legandary status but be able to beat some legandaries. But I don't really believe you could beat 4 out of 5 of them consistently ALL THE TIME.

A lot of skilled players dont care about rank, instead they leave when they are loosing (and they lose more points by doing so compared to what they would lose if they have stayed), because winrate is permanent stat, unlike rank.

Well, that's new to me. Are you saying that the same people who don't care about the ladder care about a different stat that doesn't go down over time, but is much easier to manipulate? That's what I'd call noobish behaviour.

Anykeyer
01-03-2014, 11:44 AM
I don't get it, if they are bad players in bad teams, how do they gain Abstergo points in team modes?

Average or below average. I dont know about you but I constantly end up in noob (lvs <30) lobbies in AC4. Its easier to find good players even in semi-abandoned AC3 (I do remember it was quite the opposite after ACR and AC3 releases, I could return to ACB and completely destroy the guy holding 1st templar grade place, over and over again). Finding noobs was good when I was doing challenges (and the most essential part for orchestrating assassinate usurper XD), but I did my last challenge on dec 31. Now I find it so boring I sometimes leave those sessions.
If you are in group of average players you would win most of the matches against low levels. Sure you wont have a lot of points from this, but if you do it long enough eventually you will get legendary rank.

Well, that's new to me. Are you saying that the same people who don't care about the ladder care about a different stat that doesn't go down over time, but is much easier to manipulate? That's what I'd call noobish behaviour.
Haha. I met a lot of players doing weird stuff. Like maintaining average kill score of 1000+ or average session score of 10k+

Ysanoire
01-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Average or below average. I dont know about you but I constantly end up in noob (lvs <30) lobbies in AC4. Its easier to find good players even in semi-abandoned AC(...). Now I find it so boring I sometimes leave those sessions.
If you are in group of average players you would win most of the matches against low levels. Sure you wont have a lot of points from this, but if you do it long enough eventually you will get legendary rank.

I don't think I do end up in noob lobbies so often, honestly. Sure, low level players are more numerous, but I can hardly play 2-3 matches without a few prestige players joining. 2-3 players who are better than you will make you lose score. If you got your rank undeservedly, then the first occasion you meet a good player, your rank will plummet.

I mean, I know where you're coming from, it is possible to grind your way to top 100, but I just think your conclusions are too far-fetched. If you're not a good player, you will not stay in top 100 for very long. For me there's a strong correlation between my opponents' rank and how hard the match will be. In top 20 there are a couple people I can never beat, and as rank goes down my chances of beating people increase. It actually lines up pretty well.

That depends on mode I guess.

Well, we'd have to assume that both you and your opponents are playing their favourite mode. Let's say out of those 100 people 20 got there playing your favourite mode. In order to support your claim, when playing these players you would only be allowed to lose to 4 of them, ever. I just don't think it's realistic.

Anykeyer
01-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Ofc there is a correlation between rank and skill. Rank 50 is likely to be more skilled than rank 5000. That does not change the fact that at any given time there are at least 200-300 non-legendary players who are clearly better than 80 legendary players.

Ysanoire
01-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Oh, I can agree with that, but that's very different than saying 80% of legendary players are noobs.If they were really noobs then I could waltz into any match with any number of legendary players in it and be almost sure I'd get at least second place which just sin't the case.

Thing is, players in top 300 or 400 or possibly more places are very similar to one another in skill, and will simply swap places in top 100 depending on how much they play, how lucky they are with matchmaking, whether they are having a good day or not [and then there are a handful of people who completely destroy everyone almost all the time, lol]. That's normal. But still, in general, those people at the top ARE good players, I think you also might be underestimating them simply because they're newer than people you've played with in the past and you know are great. But you know... new people come and learn the game, anyone can become good with some training.

Anykeyer
01-03-2014, 05:51 PM
I will never agree with that. Its not about rotation and equal skill. They are players of average or below average skill, sometimes just teamed tryhards, sometimes plain cheaters (they drop other teams when they lose).
Players in top 300/400 arent similar either. They are 3-5 players in each popular mode constantly destroying even the most skilled players.

Ysanoire
01-03-2014, 06:51 PM
But that's what I said - there's a bunch of brilliant people who are able to destroy most other players; and those people will make it to the top of the ladder eventually assuming they play their favourite modes (and if they don't it really isn't anyone's fault); but then they are followed by a large group of "good" players who will typically take like part of the legendary places and down to maybe 300 and will trade those places with one another.

I feel like we're starting to argue semantics now, especially what it means to be a noob, so I guess I'll leave it at that. I just don't agree with calling most legendary players noobs because bottom line is, in order to get there they had to get quite a bit of wins under their belt. They didn't bribe anyone or sleep with the developers, ya know :P

Anykeyer
01-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Thats not what I see. Many great players never appear in top 100 for whatever reason. Maybe they are leaving often (not necessary when they lose) maybe they arent active enough maybe they got other priorities (challenges, they mess with scoring a lot), maybe (and that happens often) its not their main platform but they do play on it
Maybe they dont even want to be legendary, that happens too. For example in early AC3 months I dropped legendary rank on purpose, because it interfered with finding noob lobbies, team distribuition (AC4 is different, I think it only cares about levels when distributing players between teams) and even opponents behaviour, which made doing challenges much harder.

Ysanoire
01-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Sure, there will always be some people who just don't play much or disconnect a lot or just don't care about rank, but that doesn't tell you anything about the people who did make it to the top places.

I mean, when I first got this game everyone had low level on the first day, I didn't look at the rank 'cause it didn't mean anything. But when you came across a good player, you knew they were experienced because they were just hella hard to beat. And every time I would remember someone for kicking my *** real bad, I would see them somewhere high on the ladder as soon as it updated after the reset (I'm talking about deathmatch 'cause that's what I play). So that's what makes me say the rank is usually deserved.

jediFlip
01-04-2014, 02:14 AM
Salutations friends,

I have a few simple inquires regarding the "ladder" system.

1) Can anyone tell me why I loose anywhere between 35-100 off my Abstergo score every time Ubisoft's hamster powered
servers drop me. Which is quite a few times per day.

2.) Can anyone tell me why I loose anywhere between 35-100 off my Abstergo score when players drop/rage quit ( I assume they got dropped ),
and the server looses the minimum number of players required to play, then shuts down.

3.) Can anyone tell me why I loose anywhere between 35-100 off my Abstergo score when my client crashes.

I would easily have an Abstergo Score of at least 3400 if these inadequacies were nonexistent. I'm sure you would too.

This is not a ladder. It is an antediluvian step-stool assembled with twigs and mud.

May the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows.

Your compatriot,
jediFlip

redka243
01-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Just want to say the team based scoring is awful. I was playing manhunt with hey ninetales yesterday against 2 very low lv players. About 2 mins in, two legendaries join and both are added to the other team making it four vs two. We get destroyed and i lose a ton of points. This makes me never want to play team modes...
1) number if players really needs to be considered. If teams are uneven the team with less players should not lose points.
2) looking at the average player score to compare teams is a bad idea. At the very least total score should be used instead.
3) ideally, having seperate ladders for team vs individual modes would be good. Ladders for each individual mode would be even better (deathmatch ladder, manhunt ladder etc) as this would encourage players to diversify.

the current mode rewards you most for picking only the ffa mode you are best at and playing that only.

re: reserve points- they should be usable to keep you from losing points too...

ScribBleFaeRie
01-09-2014, 01:02 AM
The OP is wrong, I joined a game with 7 mins on the clock today, lost 45 points. Will this be fixed? I finished 3rd.

Just happened again, but I started with 5:40 on the clock. If 2nd and 3rd aren't wins, then maybe the victory screen should only have 1st place on it?

ScribBleFaeRie
01-09-2014, 10:46 PM
3rd time in 3 days, started with less than 5 mins on the clock just now. No way in hell I was catching up. Finished 5th and lost 20 rank points. Is anyone from ubisoft actually monitoring this? Would appear not. I'm looking for answers, nobody is replying on here or their Facebook support page.

This is disgusting.

ScribBleFaeRie
01-09-2014, 10:59 PM
4th time in 3 days, what the **** is going on. Fix this problem ubisoft. Your game is stealing my rank points.

Gestahl
01-09-2014, 11:35 PM
I was doing good earlier today. Came in first three times in a row. Two times, I earned zero points. I assumed it was because I beat low ranking players, but lo-and-behold, when I returned a few hours later I somehow lost 100 points fell to 300 something. I'm never going to hit legendary. Making it so that only the top 100 players can get that status is absurd, in a game with a community this large. Hell, I'm on the Xbox One and there are 113,253 players. And that's the least popular console for this game. It has to be a metric ton on other consoles.

So this time, I mean it. I'm done. I'm just going to stick to the game modes that I enjoy and not worry one bit about the stupid ranking system. After doing that, and losing a game of Manhunt and Artifact Assault - despite doing well, mind you - I have a score of 1799. The ladder hasn't updated, but that'll drop me down to 600. Going from the 300s to the 600s for losing two competitive team matches. Yeah, that's surely a sign of skill right there.

People can defend this all they want. Have fun defending it. But I'm done.

Anykeyer
01-10-2014, 06:54 AM
lol finally

Gestahl
01-10-2014, 08:29 AM
lol finallyYet many more will take my place. I suspect you will be a busy lapdog. If it weren't for the fact that Assassin's Creed IV is the only true multiplayer game that I own on the Xbox One, the ladder's inconsistencies wouldn't have bothered me so much. Come June and this game won't be on the forefront at all.

Anykeyer
01-10-2014, 08:50 AM
They will fall

ScribBleFaeRie
01-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Ok this is becoming beyond a ****ing joke. Played 3 games this morning before lunch, no disconnects. Scoee was 3313 played my first game after lunch and won, netting me 32 points and now my score is 3248 can someone please explain to me how the piece of **** game has stolen approx 100 points off me? C'mon ubisoft get your **** together

ScribBleFaeRie
01-11-2014, 05:50 PM
And again. Turned ps3 off to watch an episode of torchwood, turn it back on. BAM! Another 94 points taken from me. And have I heard anything from ubisoft? Have I ****. Great customer service and support. Biggest ******** I've seen in ages. People should just go back to playing AC3

ScribBleFaeRie
01-11-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm getting quite tired of posting on this forum. Just played a DM game, and won actually 1st place. Got to the post match screen, and my ranking score read (0) 0 or whichever way round it is. I was slightly annoyed so I quit game from the menu. I reloaded the game and looked for a new match. I'd lost 100 rank points somewhere. I tried to join a new game and got disconnected from the host. Getting quite annoyed at this because I am (or at least was) close to top 100 can someone please please please explain what happened to me? I'm really getting upset with the game.

boser3
01-13-2014, 03:44 PM
I have had similiar experiences to other posters. OP statements regarding time joining match and points lost are incorrect. I've also won and got the 0 +0 ladder. I just play to enjoy but it would ne nice to have the ladder work as intened maybe then I could stay in top 100 instead of falling out from issues haha.

ScribBleFaeRie
01-13-2014, 06:48 PM
I'd check your score every time this happens. Happened to me twice at the weekend. Both times my scoee went down by 100 points.

ScribBleFaeRie
01-14-2014, 12:32 AM
Another game another victory. Another 100 points lost!!!! Ubisoft please explain why you hate me?

ScribBleFaeRie
01-15-2014, 12:54 AM
Seriously ubisoft. Do you people eveb know what customer service is? Another game. Another win. Then 0 (0) points on post game screen then I get disconnected from the host BEFORE the very next game begins. BAM! 110 rank points lost. I'll be looking for a customer service number to find out what the **** is going on and why your game is taking my hard earned points. And sucking the fun out of your game.

ballistik208
01-15-2014, 01:26 AM
I'm getting quite tired of posting on this forum. Just played a DM game, and won actually 1st place. Got to the post match screen, and my ranking score read (0) 0 or whichever way round it is. I was slightly annoyed so I quit game from the menu. I reloaded the game and looked for a new match. I'd lost 100 rank points somewhere. I tried to join a new game and got disconnected from the host. Getting quite annoyed at this because I am (or at least was) close to top 100 can someone please please please explain what happened to me? I'm really getting upset with the game.

dude i have posted a few rants about this, and it seems like ubisoft could really care less about what we think anymore.. there are posts going back for about a year now, and ubisoft does nothing about it.. but yeah i get the same symptoms that you do.. after the 0(0) shows up on my screen, then bam -100 + rank points.. i am so frustrated at this , that i almost threw my keyboard out my window.. and its a heavy mechanical one at that. But i am nearing the top 100 as well.. before they stole my points from me, i was ran 285 .. now they brought me back to 390 even after many wins and a few 2nd place finishes.. The Ladder system is garbage , and they should prolly make a new one, and trash this one.. or get a developer to help them make one because ubisoft is incapable of making one that is not buggy..

anyways good luck with your points.. and may they be stolen from you for winning ;)

ballistik208

gibran98
01-15-2014, 04:35 AM
Will it be fixed on the wii u?? It doesn't update anymore even when the scores have changed :confused:

ScribBleFaeRie
01-15-2014, 03:55 PM
This will never be sorted. Ubisoft won't even acknowledge that there is a problem. Desperate people might go to change.org or YouTube to try something drastic. I mean people have spent good money on this game and want to enjoy it, but can't.

If you have had problems, pm me them. I'll be the people's champion across all formats

ScribBleFaeRie
01-16-2014, 01:48 AM
Another 25 points randomly taken from me

ScribBleFaeRie
01-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Another win, another 109 points off me. It's getting ridiculous now maybe I will have to go through change.org myself, I won 3 games I played this morning. Gained 70 points and the lost 109 come the **** on ubisoft. Communicate with your players. We spend our hard earned money on your games, and you **** on us from your ivory towers. We pay your wages. Repay us by ironing out this ****.

Anykeyer
01-16-2014, 12:57 PM
Do you leave or disconnect from sessions? You're supposed to lose points for this but it takes up to 6 hours to see the effect.

ScribBleFaeRie
01-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Nope I stay in the games. I never leave a game after the pick a character screen.

TR0UBLMAK3R
01-17-2014, 01:45 AM
Why? That seems dumb. It also makes me question how I was ever in the 600s when I was only ever really dominant in the Flying Dutchman event. I wasn't paying attention to my ladder changes during that event, so I don't know if it was the same or not.

Crjans2 is right, event and gamelab matches give you abstergo credits but don't affect the ladder at all. this is true for public and private lobbies. the only way to rank up is to play the standard game modes in public lobbies.

TR0UBLMAK3R
01-17-2014, 01:49 AM
Yes I agree I am sure that is why there is a penalty. The problem is that at least on the Xbox One disconnect from host is a far far to common issue right now and it is causing massive losses to players and or teams that should be getting wins and thus increases. The issue seems to be exponentially worse when trying to play in a group. My entire 4 man group crashed back to our main home screen just last night some of the issues are clearly software/server issues while others may be Xbox One hardware issues.

agreed 100%. and from a development point of view, if the game knows it was disconnected from host vs lost connection (which it does, because it is able to differentiate the message responses after this event) it should also be able to react differently when these things happen.

but srsly... what's up with the 0 (0) thing? and it seems to always happen when i WIN. so frustrating.

ScribBleFaeRie
01-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Another 107 points lost because of your 0 (0) score. Can someone from ubisoft please please please explain why it keeps happening?

ScribBleFaeRie
01-18-2014, 04:39 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKK ubisoft sort your servers out. Clawed my way in to the top 200 and your game keeps disconnecting me and taking points off me randomly. I'm not the only person that is having problems. Cater to the people who pay your wages you ungrateful people. Instead of hosting crap events and adding more things that can go wrong in the game. It's laughable how **** your game is and your server. Absolue disgrace. If my staff acted the way yours did I would have them all fired. I've been in customer service for 11 years and never have I been so horrified. You're obviously having problems, and I wonder how many people are laughing at you now. Will I get the rank points back off you? Will I ****.

Azure__Soul
01-21-2014, 04:51 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKK ubisoft sort your servers out. Clawed my way in to the top 200 and your game keeps disconnecting me and taking points off me randomly. I'm not the only person that is having problems. Cater to the people who pay your wages you ungrateful people. Instead of hosting crap events and adding more things that can go wrong in the game. It's laughable how **** your game is and your server. Absolue disgrace. If my staff acted the way yours did I would have them all fired. I've been in customer service for 11 years and never have I been so horrified. You're obviously having problems, and I wonder how many people are laughing at you now. Will I get the rank points back off you? Will I ****.

I feel your pain, I was in the top 100 too…I counted my error report from my PS4 game crashes that happened with AC4, 200 crashes and each cost me 100 points off my score. I lost more from the game crashing then I ever lost from loosing a match. I hope they reset the ladder and give everyone a fresh start.

When will the ladder be reset? Please someone tell me?

Anykeyer
01-21-2014, 06:59 AM
It resets every 3 months automatically. Actual date can be checked in game.

Azure__Soul
01-21-2014, 01:12 PM
It resets every 3 months automatically. Actual date can be checked in game.

Where exactly in game do I look? It says season end, but no date. Just to be clear I am playing on the PS4.

EDIT: I also loose points from a 0 0 score. Funny thing is sometimes I get that when I win, I don't see how winning a match should make you loose points. The ladder in theory is not faulty you say? What constitutes a 0 0 score?

Anykeyer
01-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Progress hub > ladder. Its "season end 03/20/2014" on PC.

Azure__Soul
01-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Progress hub > ladder. Its "season end 03/20/2014" on PC.

Okay thats cool, but for PS4 users it says 00/00/00 :(

Ubi-Valentin
01-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Hi there!
I'll check with the team if and when it's supposed to reset.

Azure__Soul
01-21-2014, 09:14 PM
Hi there!
I'll check with the team if and when it's supposed to reset.

Well thank you Valentin I would greatly appreciate if you were able to find out. :)

AntiChrist7
01-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Getting dropped twice, lose 250 points. Win four times, get four times 0 (0). Thanks a lot...

Azure__Soul
01-21-2014, 10:07 PM
yeah what sucks is i get into a session and its me and one person against 4, I try to leave right away…maybe about 5 seconds after I got in and it said if I left I would loose score…wtf is that?

Anykeyer
01-22-2014, 09:05 AM
You're supposed to lose points if you leave. But there is a grace period of about 30s when you can leave without loosing anything. I dont know if its still in AC4 or if it works properly this time. AC3 had this feature but in my observation this time limit was incorrectly applied to session's time itself (the condition was to have 9:30 or more on the timer instead of <30s passed since you join).

ScribBleFaeRie
01-24-2014, 12:16 AM
Well the game takes points if you leave, how about taking points when you turn it off? Not even in a game mode. Literally played 2 games, gained 30 points and turned it off to work out and have some dinner. Switched it back on and I've lost 100+ points... Can anyone explain that? I was ranked 230something this time last week, now 684

ScribBleFaeRie
01-24-2014, 02:02 AM
Another 0 (0) will one of the ubisoft team please explain this result to me? I'm sick of winning then having my points stolen from me.

redka243
01-24-2014, 09:03 AM
Ive noticed that 0 (0) always happens when the other team rage quits (in team modes) and the game ends early. It says we win, we get 140 credits, then lose 100 or more abstergo points :(. Its like the game thinks we quit too just because the game ended early. Can anyone else confirm this?

if its reproductibke by others, maybe it can help them fix the 0 (0) bug...

CasualCreed
01-25-2014, 12:12 AM
99% sure you were hacked if you get 0(0) or randomly lose 100 points.

A dude joined the lobby and I got two 0(0) games in a row, afterwords I had lost 200 points. I left the session with him and I earned points for win again.

D34dBodyMan
01-25-2014, 11:12 PM
7000 points lost and counting xbox 1

LadyZeus
01-28-2014, 06:22 PM
99% sure you were hacked if you get 0(0) or randomly lose 100 points.

A dude joined the lobby and I got two 0(0) games in a row, afterwords I had lost 200 points. I left the session with him and I earned points for win again.

I'm pretty sure thats correct. It happened to me also, I got in a lobby with this one person who I think many people know is a hacker/cheater, he left after a few minutes and after that session (my team won) I got 0 (0) and I had lost 50 points.

MultipleGrain07
01-30-2014, 03:09 AM
Another 0 (0) will one of the ubisoft team please explain this result to me? I'm sick of winning then having my points stolen from me.

I'd really like to know why the 0 (0) score as well. It's incredibly frustrating losing hundreds of points because of this, and to kick me when i'm down the game goes into limited mode in the middle of a match, thats another 100+ points gone. I must have lost approx 2000 points over the past 6 weeks between the 0 (0) score + the game going into limited mode.

Does anyone at Ubisoft give a damn?

One thing i have noticed recently though is that both scenarios are occurring far less, i'm unsure why. I did configure my router ports recently on Ubisofts advice to help avoid the game going into limited mode + it seems to have worked, it's only gone into limited mode once for me since i did that, of course it had to happen just as i reached rank 89, game enters limited mode, i lose 100+ points, back down to rank 104, lol.

Why doesn't the game recognise the difference between a player quitting early + the game entering limited mode?

Is anyone at Ubisoft listening?

AntiChrist7
02-18-2014, 01:16 PM
do you lose points when someone invites you and you leave a game for it? That would explain why i lost -150 again

Where-am-I-again
02-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Does anyone at Ubisoft give a damn?

At least not enough to fix things.

Why doesn't the game recognise the difference between a player quitting early + the game entering limited mode?

See above question+answer.

Is anyone at Ubisoft listening?

See first answer.

do you lose points when someone invites you and you leave a game for it? That would explain why i lost -150 again

The system doesn't care how or why you leave a game, if you're out of the match in any manner before it's over (or sometimes even if it already is, thanks to Ubi), the game places you to "9th place", so that you lose to everybody in that match, including the 8th place player. Also, see answer #2

Meltorn
02-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Any news about the 0 (0) score? I lost about 600 points in the last week because of this bug ... it's so annoying ...

Nurek__78
02-21-2014, 12:49 AM
Can someone explain pls??

Where-am-I-again
02-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Nobody got hacked. Some people just haven't read the whole thread. You lose points after you quit a match before it's over (or get disconnected, which is stupid), and this point loss isn't shown until the end of your next match. The 0(0) thing is a bug (or bad luck, so that your last match's ladder reduction goes even with the next one's increase).

If somebody hacked the game, they would probably either do something to easily beat the matches, like go invisible or some other laggy bull like that, or just get massive point bonuses themselves. Not exactly worth one's time to reduce your opponent's points by 50-100 each match.

AntiChrist7
02-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Won 2 games, lost 250 points cause of 0 (0).... Serisoulsy, abolish the ladders or fix them. Now have to grind myself through 8 sessions to repair the damage.

In AC5, work with some kind of journal, like:
-played a dm session: +32
-played a manhunt session: -74
-played a dm session: -54

It doesnt even need to say it you got disconnect or so. just to know whhere my points go would be a whole lot

Hot_Isaac
02-25-2014, 03:23 PM
How do u explain this? I lost points for winning matches, and this is nothing, i have lost 8000+ points tll now due to all disconnections, freezes, that 0(0) and glitches, stuk in the middle of a map, can't move and so on...

Here take a look.

http://i62.tinypic.com/w9ehdg.jpg

Where-am-I-again
03-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Okay, so if one leaves a match early (or disconnects, as is customary) they will be considered to have lost to every player in the match. Does this mean that the players that stay in the match will have won over the players that leave?

For instance, if person X is on 6th place, meaning they're losing to #1-5 and winning over #7 and 8, and players #4,5,7&8 leave/DC, does this mean person X lost to places 1-3, finishing 4th, but won over nobody, or lost to #1-3 and won over the people who left?

Also, if somebody starts a game with 7 other players, but all the original players leave/DC over the course of the game, and new people join to replace them, and the person who played from the beginning wins the match, does this mean they won over 14 people or just 7?

DA SHIZZLE IG
03-06-2014, 12:09 PM
How do u explain this? I lost points for winning matches, and this is nothing, i have lost 8000+ points tll now due to all disconnections, freezes, that 0(0) and glitches, stuk in the middle of a map, can't move and so on...

Here take a look.

http://i62.tinypic.com/w9ehdg.jpg
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GLAD TO SEE THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!!! Man I and a few others should be in the top 10 by now. This seems to always happen to me when I get close to the top 100. Before that I hardly ever get any of this crap. It's sooo hard to play with a game full of other high ranking players too. Because they all don't want any problems when it comes to being at the TOP of the ladder lol. As soon as those rare games end almost everybody quits out SMH. It's stupid that they do this because even if you come in last place the most points that will be taken away is like 35 points max. Also you can come like in 3rd place and still get like +10 points or a bit more.

It's sad that this has been happening since the game came out and not one word on this. Especially that 0(0) crap that happens every now and then. This usually happens when I beat a bunch of people that are high on the abstergo ladder. Like other folks, I thought somebody was hacking because this would always happen when somebody in like the top 20 is playing too. Or I or somebody else would be in the lead ahead of the top 20 ranked player. The last few seconds would be counting down and then BOOM!!!, "you have been disconnected from the host" or the limited mode crap happens. I've seen others get booted that were ahead of the top ranked player too at the last second allowing the top ranked player to win lol.

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON HOW THE HIGHER RANKED YOU ARE THE MORE PEOPLE HUNT YOU. OR HELLA PEOPLE ALWAYS BEING PUT ON YOUR TARGET AND ALWAYS KILLING THEM THE MOMENT THEY SHOW UP AS YOUR TARGET. I HAVE HAD PRETTY MUCH THE WHOLE GAME ON ME(PLUS MY TARGET TO WORRY ABOUT) MULTIPLE TIMES. I'm guessing that this is a way to balance out the game or some weird s**t. They seem like they want you to lose or something lol(which I have because of this)

El Hybrid
03-21-2014, 05:17 AM
Hi everyone, I just joined a couple of minutes ago and this is my first post. Its a question concerning the ladder ranking. So i was playing AC4 this morning and I can't even remember what ladder rank i had but when I got back on tonight, it says I'm ranked 1, what is going on, this can't be possible, right? It must be a bug or something because i am not that great of a player to be ranked #1 or am i missing something here?

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p166/wardogz18/ScreenShot2014-03-20at110816PM.png (http://s128.photobucket.com/user/wardogz18/media/ScreenShot2014-03-20at110816PM.png.html)

Bojanglesz
03-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Hi everyone, I just joined a couple of minutes ago and this is my first post. Its a question concerning the ladder ranking. So i was playing AC4 this morning and I can't even remember what ladder rank i had but when I got back on tonight, it says I'm ranked 1, what is going on, this can't be possible, right? It must be a bug or something because i am not that great of a player to be ranked #1 or am i missing something here?

The ladders got reset yesterday, meaning everyone was sent back to a level playing field.

MultipleGrain07
03-21-2014, 04:25 PM
The ladders got reset yesterday, meaning everyone was sent back to a level playing field.

The Abstergo Ladder is also supposed to update every 6 hours but since it reset yesterday it hasn't been updated. 24 hours later and nothings changed. Anyone else noticed this?

Bojanglesz
03-21-2014, 06:28 PM
The Abstergo Ladder is also supposed to update every 6 hours but since it reset yesterday it hasn't been updated. 24 hours later and nothings changed. Anyone else noticed this?

Yeah, must be a fault or something. It's a pain as I ranked 312 as soon as it changed and everytime I lose a game, you lose nearly everything you've gained, hopefully they will sort it out soon.

Anykeyer
03-24-2014, 12:34 PM
This is how it is supposed to be. There is a prolonged delay between reset and first update to prevent players from easily getting to top 100 and associated rewards.

redka243
03-24-2014, 01:02 PM
I wish there was a comprehensive post somewhere about differences between the OP (which applies to AC3) and the system in ACIV.... Several points seem different in AC4. See here notably:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/862929-Manhunt-abstergo-ladder-mechanics-question

Where-am-I-again
03-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Today I've been disconnected from two sessions AFTER the session has ended (i.e. I'm in session results/rematch screen), and the game keeps draining my ladder points because of this. It's ridiculous. If I win a session, get credits, accolades, and XP, what could possibly lead the game to think I "surrendered" and lose ranking? Even the "previous results" tab in the MP menu shows I won the session(s). I've been losing tons of ladder points for all the different bugs in the ladder. I know it's stupid to even mind the damn thing, but every time I say to myself "to hell with the ladder, I'll just play for the fun", it starts working better and before I know it, I've gained some points and start following it again...

This company is losing customers because of the plethora of bugs this game has, I know I'm not paying Ubisoft a single dime for another bugfest like this.

PS. My internet is better than fine.

Kirokill
03-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Today I've been disconnected from two sessions AFTER the session has ended (i.e. I'm in session results/rematch screen), and the game keeps draining my ladder points because of this. It's ridiculous. If I win a session, get credits, accolades, and XP, what could possibly lead the game to think I "surrendered" and lose ranking? Even the "previous results" tab in the MP menu shows I won the session(s). I've been losing tons of ladder points for all the different bugs in the ladder. I know it's stupid to even mind the damn thing, but every time I say to myself "to hell with the ladder, I'll just play for the fun", it starts working better and before I know it, I've gained some points and start following it again...

This company is losing customers because of the plethora of bugs this game has, I know I'm not paying Ubisoft a single dime for another bugfest like this.

PS. My internet is better than fine.

Looks like you don't know life.
Nothing human made system work when you want it to work.
Everything you want to ruin ends up still working.
Humans are greedy, if they had two wells full of gold, no wonder they will still wish if they had a third!

Where-am-I-again
03-28-2014, 03:49 PM
Looks like you don't know life.
Nothing human made system work when you want it to work.

If anything good has ever come of this game, it's that it has taught me this ^^ But it still pisses me off :P

Excuse me if I expect to get a working game for my hard-earned money.

Kirokill
03-28-2014, 04:42 PM
I for some reason always remember this when something very good or a little bad happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xB5ceAruYrI

pittbull4200
03-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Same here Des I fell out of top 100 2x already due to coming in game kill disconnects after i hit Professional Rankings top 100

Today I have played about 8 games and back to 51 or so now but no disconnects so far, it gets real bad at night CMT my way servers go to lag crap bad, the RED NAT players should all be pushed to their own server 1 or 2 can completely cause harm to connection of the server and other good players messing the game all up.

There should be issued kicks for all RED connections or restrictions to designated servers for them that will make them fix their crap connections or Torrent seeding in game.

EDIT Last 2 games started again in lead in middle of game disconnected.
NAT / Upload green no ISP issues

After disconnects stopped servers were horrible, but winning a few games I had no points at all then logged back on later for it to show a large deduction of points.

pittbull4200
03-29-2014, 05:40 PM
I wished I could start a help thread or any forum thread not been able to for weeks now sent messages to AC4 mods no replies at all. There is no PREFIX like PC, console etc for me to choose and will not let me post topic. I don't think forums is upgraded to current browser updates possibly.
http://s30.postimg.org/izopiv9wx/Untitled_1.jpg

MP is disconnecting I have dropped out for the 4th time because of losing points, coming in first dominating the game ending up with 0 or -2 to -10 points like Desmonds shot shows
http://postimg.org/image/nfcltfno9

Upload Good / NAT Green

4x this has pushed me out of top 100 and is bs

Black_Widow9
03-30-2014, 02:48 AM
I wished I could start a help thread or any forum thread not been able to for weeks now sent messages to AC4 mods no replies at all. There is no PREFIX like PC, console etc for me to choose and will not let me post topic. I don't think forums is upgraded to current browser updates possibly.
http://s30.postimg.org/izopiv9wx/Untitled_1.jpg

MP is disconnecting I have dropped out for the 4th time because of losing points, coming in first dominating the game ending up with 0 or -2 to -10 points like Desmonds shot shows
http://postimg.org/image/nfcltfno9

Upload Good / NAT Green

4x this has pushed me out of top 100 and is bs
Hey,
I didn't see a PM from you?

What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing your cookies or a different browser?

For your disconnecting, you're going to need to contact Support.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

Where-am-I-again
03-30-2014, 10:29 AM

You have no idea what you're saying. The support does NOTHING but says "I have passed the information through to the appropriate departments regarding this. Apologies for any inconvenience caused." or something similar. There are probably thousands of support threads that have received a similar response. You're just pushing your customer from one place to another, absolutely no help to the customer.

pittbull4200
03-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Contacting support is waste of time they are idiots and tell you they can do nothing for you period. They must be outsourced to India or something.

They will offer no help at all trust me and you will wait for days to be told they can do nothing.

These servers and backbone network are becoming more unstable I have lost probably 400+ points in ladders because of this sh-- fell out of top 100 4x now.

Open 50% of ever port for PC not helping using the one I always have GREEN NAT and UPLOAD always still just disconnects in middle of winning friggen games they need to fix this pathetic junk, plus you can dominate 2fold the other servers scores and not even be awarded one single point or even get negative points for round.

I know Vanarai hes in top 20 losing points bc of the same stuff over and over not as frequent but many other players on friends list saying same thing.

http://i60.tinypic.com/i6fc6g.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2zoknb6.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2dcgzr5.jpg

Or these RED NAT goobs to lazy to fix their connection 1 or 2 will ruin server every time you get near or kill them vice versa you get a CI, totally ruining game play or they are ice skating and warping from one side of map to other because of their lag
http://i58.tinypic.com/2diepz6.jpg

pittbull4200
03-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Hey,
I didn't see a PM from you?

What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing your cookies or a different browser?

I keep my stuff cleared everytime my browser closes since new Firefox update this happened telling me forums most likely not compatible or not been updated to new browsers compatibility.

Contact support I have already found it is a waste of time no answers for anything and always sorry we cant help

I sent PM's to both Mods Gabe and Valentine in Ac4 forums days ago

Kirokill
03-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Contacting support is waste of time they are idiots and tell you they can do nothing for you period. They must be outsourced to India or something.
This is racism, but even I wonder about it too.

I keep my stuff cleared everytime my browser closes since new Firefox update this happened telling me forums most likely not compatible or not been updated to new browsers compatibility.

Try chrome it might help maybe?

Black_Widow9
03-30-2014, 09:49 PM

I sent PM's to both Mods Gabe and Valentine in Ac4 forums days ago
I will see what I can find out for you. Are you able to access the Forums from another browser? I was able to use the Prefix function from Chrome so I need you to double check.

Also if you have a Forum issue such as this, please contact myself or Mr_Shade. We're here every day and will be able to help you much quicker. ;)

As far as Support goes, no they are not outsourced and that's pretty rude in that context. The reason we need everyone to report it to Support, even if they don't have an immediate fix for you, is they gather your reports and the quantity and detail of them helps to decide how widespread the issue is and how best to fix it.

assassinvaaserc
03-31-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm trying to the be legandary
And finally I realized I'm Legendary...

http://i.hizliresim.com/x3r409.jpg (http://hizliresim.com/x3r409)

berninheck
04-01-2014, 04:37 PM
I wish there was a comprehensive post somewhere about differences between the OP (which applies to AC3) and the system in ACIV.... Several points seem different in AC4. See here notably:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/862929-Manhunt-abstergo-ladder-mechanics-question

Seconded.

XxAsSxAsSiNxX
04-07-2014, 12:01 AM

this is not working at least on x360....I joined a lot of games after the first minute already passed by and my abstergo points were taken away when the team lost, it seems that It does not take away points just if the match already started by 6 minutes, meaning that you have to join when there are just 4 minutes left to end, every time I joined a match and there were still 9 minutes to play or less, the points were taken away ....when you will fix this?????

Where-am-I-again
04-07-2014, 02:22 PM
....when you will fix this?????

Never.

berninheck
04-07-2014, 03:21 PM

this is not working at least on x360....I joined a lot of games after the first minute already passed by and my abstergo points were taken away when the team lost, it seems that It does not take away points just if the match already started by 6 minutes, meaning that you have to join when there are just 4 minutes left to end, every time I joined a match and there were still 9 minutes to play or less, the points were taken away ....when you will fix this?????

It seems on AC4 lately that if you join a session in progress and it's less than half over (>5 min left to go), a loss will cause you to lose ladder points. I joined a game of domination with ~6 min left to go and the side I joined was dominated. I was able to help the team turn things around, but there wasn't enough time to take the lead back. I lost ladder points on essentially a hopeless game. Same thing (essentially) happened with artifact assault. Joined a game with ~5.5 min left to go. Before I joined, it was 3-4 players on one team against just 1 (on the team I joined). Score was 9-1 when I (and others) joined. Game ended 9-7. More ladder points lost on a game that was a lost cause. There is no incentive to stay in any game in progress if the team you join is losing badly.

JeffBretelle
04-07-2014, 10:08 PM
RHAA I GOT LIMITED MODE THREE TIMES IN A ROW How am I supposed to stay in top 15 now? It really pisses me off badly.

johnkotzki
10-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Well as quoted below u guys are ubisoft biatches, the ladder is broken period.nothing to fix,coz not one sry *** ubisoft worker is on AC4 anymore,the servers get crappier every day,ubisoft just doesn T care about their customers,why drop the MUltiplayer,coz they are embarressed they haven T been able to fix any major flaws even though they ha 4 tries.Well be happy with your dirty dirty ubi money fkn mod
I will see what I can find out for you. Are you able to access the Forums from another browser? I was able to use the Prefix function from Chrome so I need you to double check.

Also if you have a Forum issue such as this, please contact myself or Mr_Shade. We're here every day and will be able to help you much quicker. ;)

As far as Support goes, no they are not outsourced and that's pretty rude in that context. The reason we need everyone to report it to Support, even if they don't have an immediate fix for you, is they gather your reports and the quantity and detail of them helps to decide how widespread the issue is and how best to fix it.