PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Playground

BigUrn
11-23-2012, 04:31 PM
I like the playground but it needs more options and customization. All you get is one extremely stupid target to kill which is a waste cause playground could be alot more beneficial. You should have options like a difficult setting for one as you could really practice and harness your skill that way as how it is now dude won't even stun you while you walk in front of him. Going on defense would also be great again with a difficult setting to make you really work. Iam not sure if it's to late to do these things or not via a patch but food for thought for the next game.

guitargod33
11-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Meh, really the only way to get the kind of practice you speak of is to just play some matches. Wolfpack as an example, even the best of AI can't prepare you what real players might throw at you. Playground is very useful for getting to know the maps, which really is its strong point anyway.

Norcent31
11-23-2012, 07:34 PM
I just see it as a cool place to see all your customized characters together.

ThaFazz
11-23-2012, 07:48 PM
just play wolfack

Crumplecorn
11-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Wanted is the mode you are looking for.

BigUrn
11-23-2012, 09:05 PM
True but Ive played a few games that have a really detailed version of the playground. You can do wolfpack but again the AI ain't that smart. Getting used to the maps is a very good thing to have in your head as you know where all the choke points ect ect

guitargod33
11-23-2012, 09:16 PM
True but Ive played a few games that have a really detailed version of the playground. You can do wolfpack but again the AI ain't that smart. Getting used to the maps is a very good thing to have in your head as you know where all the choke points ect ect

which is why I kinda think it would be pointless.
Literally about 30 minutes spent on the playground on each map simply sprinting around, finding routes, and familiarizing yourself with every aspect of them is more valuable than practicing battle with an AI anyway. Other games may be able to pull it off, but this is Ubi we're talking about and since they're as challenged as they are I'd say let them focus (or ignore, really, if we're being realistic) on more important things

BigUrn
11-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah I would love if they tweaked the playground but that's just me probably won't happen though 3 games and a ground finish still gets priority over a kill so

Leo_12521
11-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Would be definitely nice to have but since they didnt bring back alliance because instead they brought us that awesome new coop mode called wolfpack and they designed the AIs of the npcs there with all their effort theres no more advanced playground than that in the game except real games vs players. But at least for offense training wolfpack is quite good at least for setting up kills and being as quick as possible moving through the map and cutting tagrets of but the spotting system of the npcs is weird and unrealistic (no player would let you run into his group but then as youre in it stop realizing you. and on higher sequence targets its more like a proximity scan over time). A defense training would be a nice feature but if they bring it then as a new mode or something in a dlc you have to buy but probably not before the next game...