PDA

View Full Version : Press O to Skip

Solid-Shammy
11-23-2012, 02:44 AM
Really? Everyone, go do an interactive conversation or a Homestead mission. From now on, at the bottom right hand corner there is a hint prompting you to skip the cut scene. This is ridiculous and unnecessary, since before if you even moved the analogue stick it would prompt you to hold the O button to skip. That made sense and didn't ruin the immersion for me, so why did anyone think it would be a bright idea to implement this when it was perfect before the patch? It just doesn't make sense. You're telling me someone out there was that confused trying to skip a cut scene that they didn't read the prompt when they were furiously smashing buttons on their controller?

Please Ubisoft, get rid of this. I feel like an idiot every time you tell me to press R1 and X to do a back jump, but this, this is just unbearable!

jamgamerforever
11-23-2012, 03:15 AM
It's actually ruined the game for me.

Assassin_M
11-23-2012, 03:17 AM
Well...I certainly find it questionable,but it`s not bothering me one bit...I guess I`ll join the fun,,

So Gamebreaking Ubi...it ruins the whole game...even when I`m not on a cutscene..

jamgamerforever
11-23-2012, 03:28 AM
Well...I certainly find it questionable,but it`s not bothering me one bit...I guess I`ll join the fun,,

So Gamebreaking Ubi...it ruins the whole game...even when I`m not on a cutscene..

But the primary reason I buy Assassin's Creed is for the story. Hence, why I say it breaks the game. The cutscenes are disrupted.

Yes, I freakin' love the combat/stealth too, but that's not the primary reason I buy them.

Assassin_M
11-23-2012, 03:33 AM
But the primary reason I buy Assassin's Creed is for the story. Hence, why I say it breaks the game. The cutscenes are disrupted.

Yes, I freakin' love the combat/stealth too, but that's not the primary reason I buy them.
Mate you have my absolute respect and sympathy, but just allow me to speak out on how ridiculous i think this whole game breaking thing is...

LoyalACFan
11-23-2012, 04:18 AM
Game-breaking? No. Annoying, stupid, and unnecessary? Absolutely. No idea why they decided to implement this.

Assassin_M
11-23-2012, 04:24 AM
Game-breaking? No. Annoying, stupid, and unnecessary? Absolutely. No idea why they decided to implement this.
Exactly what`s on my mind...

StUbbZ24
11-23-2012, 04:24 AM
I swear people wake up everyday looking for things to complain about.

Solid-Shammy
11-23-2012, 05:00 AM
It's not game breaking, but it just angers me at how utterly useless it is. I just have to ask why? WHY? It was fine before.

twenty_glyphs
11-23-2012, 05:12 AM
When I saw this in the patch notes the other day I wondered where the heck it came from. Of all the changes people have been requesting, this was not one I ever saw. They are making really questionable decisions on a lot of issues like this in the game. Just so many decisions where things are made more difficult or annoying for no good reason on this series — no ambient music, bad UI design, putting up an annoying message on every single cutscene. I've never seen another game throw up a message that's always visible to skip a cutscene. The silly, amateurish decisions being made on this franchise really boggle my mind.

Solid-Shammy
11-23-2012, 05:15 AM
I swear people wake up everyday looking for things to complain about.

Look here buddy, I only complain about things that concern me. Because I'm selfish! You're selfish! We're all selfish! But I'm not a hypocrite, do you know why you're a hypocrite? Because you're complaining about me complaining about something you don't think is worth complaining about. I swear people just wake up everyday complaining about people complaining.

Assassin_M
11-23-2012, 05:19 AM
Look here buddy, I only complain about things that concern me. Because I'm selfish! You're selfish! We're all selfish! But I'm not a hypocrite, do you know why you're a hypocrite? Because you're complaining about me complaining about something you don't think is worth complaining about. I swear people just wake up everyday complaining about people complaining.
You`re a Yoshi

ZephyrStrife
11-23-2012, 06:21 AM
Its in the corner of the screen. Its not like its flashing rainbow colours and making itself obvious and distracting.

psf22
11-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Agree, completely unnecassary.

I'm sure it will be out with the next update lol

Aphex_Tim
11-23-2012, 06:23 AM
True, but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they added it since it worked perfectly fine before.

scooper121s
11-23-2012, 06:24 AM

lol, it really dosent bother me ither, some people are just nit-pickers

>>> I'm not a hypocrite <<<
everyones a hypocrite

Also, confusing text, also lol worthy

Solid-Shammy
11-23-2012, 06:28 AM
lol, it really dosent bother me ither, some people are just nit-pickers

>>> I'm not a hypocrite <<<
everyones a hypocrite

Also, confusing text, also lol worthy

Yes you're right, I am a hypocrite. But I'm a nice hypocrite.

psf22
11-23-2012, 06:30 AM
I was doing a homestead mission, and after i beat it, Connor was talking about them joining the village. During that convo a Jager just entered the cutscene and started bashing me, and he killed me.
Freakin hilarious

Press O to skip

scooper121s
11-23-2012, 06:32 AM
Yes you're right, I am a hypocrite. But I'm a nice hypocrite.
XD

Solid-Shammy
11-23-2012, 07:27 AM
I was doing a homestead mission, and after i beat it, Connor was talking about them joining the village. During that convo a Jager just entered the cutscene and started bashing me, and he killed me.
Freakin hilarious

Press O to skip

I've had that happen to me as well, it was a wolf however.

OmegaRomik
11-23-2012, 07:30 AM
it would have been nice if it wasnt there cuz i laughed at the ending when that....that thing came out so yeah.

psf22
11-23-2012, 07:38 AM
I've had that happen to me as well, it was a wolf however.

Seriously didn't you just Laugh Out Loud when that happened?!

I still chuckle just thinking about it. He just entered the scene with authority and Connor's just not paying attention and getting slashed all over :D

Solid-Shammy
11-23-2012, 07:43 AM
Seriously didn't you just Laugh Out Loud when that happened?!

I still chuckle just thinking about it. He just entered the scene with authority and Connor's just not paying attention and getting slashed all over :D

Yes it was hilarious. Prudence just sitting there completely oblivious to me getting mauled to death!

Calvarok
11-23-2012, 07:46 AM
This is a thing we're complaining about now. This is a thing that there is a topic dedicated to complaining about.

My guess is that it's not by design. Wait for another patch. A patch for that small little button at the bottom of the screen uring that cutscene that is of lower production value than the rest of the cutscenes in the game so it's not perfect to look at or vital to the story anyway.

As for the back-jump stuff, it's useful, since sometimes it looks like you could do something else, but there's always only one path through those free-running puzzles. In the case that you're super good at that sort of thing, just think of how crappy it would be for a player who didn't now what to do. The game never has a tutorial as a part of the main story that teaches you that skill at all. Up until that point they'll have only used it to back eject off of buildings.

Why do people see negative changes and then assume that they're by design?

This is why game developers don't implement everything that we say into the game verbatim. Because for every reasonable criticism there is an instance of totally missing the reality of an incredibly complex entertainment product: bugs, glitches, fixing one thing and then it breaks another thing.

It's good that we have this kind of discussion, since that's how people learn. But as someone who already has learned, it frustrates me to see stuff like this. And you know that stuff like this is what gets 80 pages of discussion.

Not the rational stuff.

psf22
11-23-2012, 07:51 AM
This is a thing we're complaining about now. This is a thing that there is a topic dedicated to complaining about.

My guess is that it's not by design. Wait for another patch. A patch for that small little button at the bottom of the screen uring that cutscene that is of lower production value than the rest of the cutscenes in the game so it's not perfect to look at or vital to the story anyway.

As for the back-jump stuff, it's useful, since sometimes it looks like you could do something else, but there's always only one path through those free-running puzzles. In the case that you're super good at that sort of thing, just think of how crappy it would be for a player who didn't now what to do. The game never has a tutorial as a part of the main story that teaches you that skill at all. Up until that point they'll have only used it to back eject off of buildings.

Why do people see negative changes and then assume that they're by design?

This is why game developers don't implement everything that we say into the game verbatim. Because for every reasonable criticism there is an instance of totally missing the reality of an incredibly complex entertainment product: bugs, glitches, fixing one thing and then it breaks another thing.

It's good that we have this kind of discussion, since that's how people learn. But as someone who already has learned, it frustrates me to see stuff like this. And you know that stuff like this is what gets 80 pages of discussion.

Not the rational stuff.

I'm still seeing hood threads opening up, so

Assassin_M
11-23-2012, 07:52 AM
But as someone who already has learned, it frustrates me to see stuff like this. And you know that stuff like this is what gets 80 pages of discussion.

Not the rational stuff.
My beef with these kinds of threads in a nutshell..

Solid-Shammy
11-23-2012, 07:53 AM
I definitely understand its purpose, but in every other Assassin's Creed game you could turn the tutorials off. This is the only one where you can't, I will put up with it though. Just like I have to put up the cut scene skip prompt. It's annoying but I'll live.

Solid-Shammy
11-23-2012, 08:38 AM
I've just realised that this isn't just in the low quality scenes, it is in every cut scene! WHY UBISOFT, WHY? This makes it worse, when I first read the patch notes I was hoping this wasn't the case. But it is. I'm seriously contemplating the idea of deleting the patch data and playing with a glitchy game. This might seem minimal to some, but for me it is a nightmare. I was beginning to accept it when I thought it was just for the side quests and such, but now this is a genuine problem.

scooper121s
11-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Yes it was hilarious. Prudence just sitting there completely oblivious to me getting mauled to death!
It happend to me as well, frikin awesome

Solid-Shammy
11-23-2012, 09:22 AM
it would have been nice if it wasnt there cuz i laughed at the ending when that....that thing came out so yeah.

What?

Matty7Ice
11-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Patch 3 might give us a glimmer of hope. The dev team heard us for the second patch. They will probably keep fixing **** and good thanks to them for what they have done so far.

psf22
11-23-2012, 09:54 AM
AC2 had update 1.10. So there's surely more coming.

Hitman4999
11-23-2012, 10:00 AM
O.o when is update coming for PC?

BeCk41
11-23-2012, 10:36 AM
I think it should appear for a few seconds then disappear, otherwise I start to skip the cutscenes... not sure why. xD

BeCk41
11-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Whoops! double post

fedeluca
11-23-2012, 12:06 PM
On the patch notes, an option to skip all the cinematic was reported. I thought "great, I can finally skip that small stupid things", I never imagined to find the skip button visible at all time on any cutscene! It doesn't bother me too much, but it's too easy to skip an important cutscene just pressing a button...

Anyway, too many bugs unsorted and even some new came up :/

Solid-Shammy
11-23-2012, 02:02 PM
On the patch notes, an option to skip all the cinematic was reported. I thought "great, I can finally skip that small stupid things", I never imagined to find the skip button visible at all time on any cutscene! It doesn't bother me too much, but it's too easy to skip an important cutscene just pressing a button...

Anyway, too many bugs unsorted and even some new came up :/

But why do this? It just doesn't make any logical sense.

Solid-Shammy
11-23-2012, 02:18 PM
I think it should appear for a few seconds then disappear, otherwise I start to skip the cutscenes... not sure why. xD

No, it should be like it was before the patch. You press a button and it prompts you to hold circle!

pacmanate
11-23-2012, 02:59 PM
The Circle skip thing doesn't even work. You press it then it tells you to hold it down. Its stupid! just have the second option :@

jamgamerforever
11-23-2012, 03:53 PM
To the people who think this is unnecessary: the reason I'm posting this here is in the hopes that Ubisoft will take notice and change it.

I didn't complain about the hood because it didn't really bother me, but this REALLY does. Definitely hope they make a patch to fix this patch. :P

linxcross
11-23-2012, 04:50 PM
While the game has many glitches I was still able to enjoy it. But this I can't stand. It's unnecessary and destroys the presentation of the game. It even shows up before the cutscenes even start playing.

Jexx21
11-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Its in the corner of the screen. Its not like its flashing rainbow colours and making itself obvious and distracting.

It kind of is. For me, it keeps switching from

PRESS E TO SKIP
to
E SKIP

and back again every five seconds.

Jexx21
11-23-2012, 05:00 PM
O.o when is update coming for PC?
PC has the 2 patches released already pre-built onto it.

Solid-Shammy
11-24-2012, 03:02 AM
While the game has many glitches I was still able to enjoy it. But this I can't stand. It's unnecessary and destroys the presentation of the game. It even shows up before the cutscenes even start playing.

I highly doubt it is going to be fixed. It was implemented in the patch, and I have a feeling we will be stuck with it forever.

legends7788
11-24-2012, 03:05 AM
This for some reason doesnt happen on my game so i dont give a crap

jamgamerforever
11-24-2012, 03:45 AM
I highly doubt it is going to be fixed. It was implemented in the patch, and I have a feeling we will be stuck with it forever.

If enough of us complain, then they'll likely change it. Especially because there's no conceivable logical reason for keeping it as is.

psf22
11-24-2012, 03:47 AM
They're going to remove it, just wait and see.

WarriorAegis
11-24-2012, 03:53 AM
On Xbox 360, that never shows up unless I actually press "B" (your "O").

jamgamerforever
11-24-2012, 04:01 AM

That's what it used to be like pre-Thanksgiving Patch. Have you played it since then?

WarriorAegis
11-24-2012, 04:02 AM
Nope. I haven't been able to patch yet. I'm with family. :S

psf22
11-24-2012, 04:02 AM

With 1.02 patch? Just wow, what a f up then

WarriorAegis
11-24-2012, 04:06 AM
With 1.02 patch? Just wow, what a f up then

Well, I haven't tried the new patch yet. ^^;

Solid-Shammy
11-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Well, I haven't tried the new patch yet. ^^;
It is really distracting.

zhengyingli
11-24-2012, 12:44 PM
It is very distracting, but my center of attention always shifted away from the O to skip.

I will say that what the patch did was totally unnecessary. It's not as if you're going to accidentally skip a cutscene by pressing anything. If you do press something, an instruction pops up to remind you what you need to do if skipping is desired. Now, the always-on instruction doesn't make any sense. It tells me "press O circle to skip," yet it did no such thing when I pressed the circle button. Instead it reveals a different type of instruction; now I gotta HOLD it??? Think about how confusing it is for all the new players from this point on.

psf22
11-24-2012, 12:50 PM
It is very distracting, but my center of attention always shifted away from the O to skip.

I will say that what the patch did was totally unnecessary. It's not as if you're going to accidentally skip a cutscene by pressing anything. If you do press something, an instruction pops up to remind you what you need to do if skipping is desired. Now, the always-on instruction doesn't make any sense. It tells me "press O circle to skip," yet it did no such thing when I pressed the circle button. Instead it reveals a different type of instruction; now I gotta HOLD it??? Think about how confusing it is for all the new players from this point on.

Exactly that. That's why it makes no sense. But now everybody knows how to skip. I'm sure they're fixing it, again.

Press O to Skip

WarriorAegis
11-24-2012, 01:15 PM
It is really distracting.

Shame. :/

Solid-Shammy
11-24-2012, 01:42 PM

What confuses me is the simple fact that it doesn't make any sense. What happened? Who would possibly think it was a good idea, seriously. I have a theory that during the patch process the circle thing popped up as a glitch and they were to lazy to fix it so they just added it in as an addition to the patch thinking we would all be cool with it. That is the only logical explanation.

When I made this thread I just thought the skip prompt was there for low quality scenes within the side missions, even that annoyed me, but now I know it is in every cut scene. That is a whole different problem, and if they do include a fix that just means I will be waiting around for the next patch until I can play the game again. Just like I was for the 1.02 patch.

I just want to play Assassin's Creed 3 with the problems fixed. But once again all I'm doing is waiting for the next patch hoping they notice this issue and do something about it!

LightRey
11-24-2012, 02:15 PM
It shows up if you press any button :P

jamgamerforever
11-24-2012, 03:46 PM
I have no idea who thought, "Press O to skip the story" was a good idea.

I would use the 1.02 patch if not for this incredibly annoying addition.

Solid-Shammy
11-25-2012, 01:59 AM
I just contacted Ubisoft support asking if they could revert it back to the way it originally was. Whenever they reply I'll update this thread with their response.

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 02:22 AM
I just contacted Ubisoft support asking if they could revert it back to the way it originally was. Whenever they reply I'll update this thread with their response.

Woop! Thanks. Hopefully they'll say a fix is in the works :)

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 02:23 AM
If they fix it, I`m going to make a thread asking "Why you remove it, Ubi ?? I forgot that there is a skip cutscene feature"

Just to spite you all...

montagemik
11-25-2012, 02:38 AM
It's funny - I can't actually remember anything that important happening in the bottom right corner of my tv screen - Nothing that a 'O skip' prompt is ruining anyway . :rolleyes:
DOES IT REALLY MATTER ?? Honestly 7 pages ?

psf22
11-25-2012, 02:40 AM
It's funny - I can't actually remember anything that important happening in the bottom right corner of my tv screen - Nothing that a 'O skip' prompt is ruining anyway . :rolleyes:

You've answered the question yourself. Apparently it does.

Press O to skip

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 02:50 AM
If they fix it, I`m going to make a thread asking "Why you remove it, Ubi ?? I forgot that there is a skip cutscene feature"

Just to spite you all...
I bet i'll beat you too it;)

montagemik
11-25-2012, 02:54 AM
You've answered the question yourself. Apparently it does.

Press O to skip

Well done for missing the point. didn't take long.

scooper121s
11-25-2012, 02:56 AM
2 mins :eek:

linxcross
11-25-2012, 03:54 AM
I made an account because of this so it does really matter to some people. Either way is a completely unnecessary change.

Jexx21
11-25-2012, 03:56 AM
I actually want the prompt removed too... it gets really annoying.

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 04:49 AM

It annoys me, and distracts me often enough that I find myself not enjoying the awesome cutscenes, so yes I think it matters. Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it isn't an issue.

There's just no need to have it there, it's like keeping the HUD on during cutscenes, it just... breaks up the clear picture, you know?

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 04:57 AM
I say remove the cutscenes and keep the button prompt..

I believe the Cutscenes are the problem. If there was no Cutscenes no one would be complaining..

Huh....Is that what thinking like a Ubi Designer feels like ??

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 05:01 AM
I say remove the cutscenes and keep the button prompt..

I believe the Cutscenes are the problem. If there was no Cutscenes no one would be complaining..

Huh....Is that what thinking like a Ubi Designer feels like ??

If I see that in Patch 1.03, I'll...

I'll...

Well, there's not really anything I can actually do to you. I'll stare at you in annoyance. That'll teach ya. :mad:

HareyMon
11-25-2012, 05:01 AM
Oh nos. A little O button prompt on the bottom of my screen. Selling this game immediately and I will never buy another Ubisoft product ever again. I hope you are happy Ubisoft!:mad:

linxcross
11-25-2012, 05:05 AM
Yeah, sure sarcasm is going to solve all our problems. If Ubi didn't want people complaining they could have tested the game before releasing it. Oh wait, that's too much too ask.

Anyway, what other games have a prompt to skip on cutscenes on all the time? I can't think of any.

jamgamerforever
11-25-2012, 05:09 AM
Yeah, sure sarcasm is going to solve all our problems. If Ubi didn't want people complaining they could have tested the game before releasing it. Oh wait, that's too much too ask.

Anyway, what other games have a prompt to skip on cutscenes on all the time? I can't think of any.

As someone who plays A LOT of games, I don't know of any either. I wouldn't mind it if AC wasn't such a story-orientated series. It is literally saying "Press O to skip the story".

And I don't know why some people are so against complaints. Yes, you should praise a company when they do well, but you shouldn't let them slack. That only results in the quality of their products decreasing.

Also, welcome to the forum! :)

Assassin_M
11-25-2012, 05:17 AM

If you`re talking about me, I wasn't being sarcastic..

You just don't get the joke XD

montagemik
11-25-2012, 06:05 AM
It annoys me, and distracts me often enough that I find myself not enjoying the awesome cutscenes, so yes I think it matters. Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it isn't an issue.

There's just no need to have it there, it's like keeping the HUD on during cutscenes, it just... breaks up the clear picture, you know?

I didn't say it wasn't an issue .
it's obviously an issue to some if it warrents a 7 page + thread . Sorry if i can't get upset or annoyed by a O prompt though - The devs surely have bigger issues to fix on all platforms - But THIS warrents the community's attention more . CLEARLY . :nonchalance:

psf22
11-25-2012, 07:13 AM

No point to miss since it was a useless comment with all do respect so i retorted in the same manner. Thanks for missing mine too

Solid-Shammy
11-25-2012, 07:46 AM
I didn't say it wasn't an issue .
it's obviously an issue to some if it warrents a 7 page + thread . Sorry if i can't get upset or annoyed by a O prompt though - The devs surely have bigger issues to fix on all platforms - But THIS warrents the community's attention more . CLEARLY . :nonchalance:

The thing that makes this such a problem is the simple fact that it was perfect before the patch. How would you like it if in the next patch they assigned the pause menu button to the L3 button on the analogue stick so that every time you accidentally push it you pause the game. I'm sure people would complain, it would be absolutely useless and would cause quite a few problems. Even though this cut scene skip prompt isn't quite on that scale of absurdity, it is still a problem for many people.

Now there are other glitches out there that need fixing, but sadly they don't annoy as much as this specific problem does. I'm sorry I can't be concerned about problems that you think should have more attention, I really am. But when it comes down to it, this disturbs me more than anything else currently. Sorry for being who I am, and caring about things that worry me. From now on I will just complain about things you think are more important because you're a better human being than me! You cool with that? Would that make you happy?

tonerton
11-25-2012, 06:45 PM
I think your mistaken, WE WHO LOVE THE STORY value the cinematics, Doing that with the homestead maybe yes, BUT IN EVERY SINGLE CUTSCENE during the storylines is heck of annoying,, It is very very distracting..People who value immersiveness and the story would understand that... The other patch was way way better because it has no skip button on the right, but the second one improves the textures(pc version)... This is not just a small deal, EVERY CUTSCENE ? omg..its distracting..ruins everything..its ok if it was during small as you say lower quality.. but I beg to differ. There only 3 or 4 cutscenes that I saw and it's not that important and as long as the other cutscenes... THEY SHOULD REALLY MAKE A NEW PATCH because the SKIP button in the lower right is making the cutscene more less of value because there's a thing in the lower right... THEY SHOULD REMOVE IT

tonerton
11-25-2012, 06:50 PM
It's not stupid, because what happens if you press the skip button by accident? then you'll miss the cutscene. So what they did in the first "pressing the o button then it would tell you to hold it was the right thing to do..BUT THE NEW PATCH KILLED IT ALL, THEY PUT IT THERE AS IF WE WERE ALL TODDLERS or MORONS..

tonerton
11-25-2012, 06:56 PM

then maybe you just have the first patch..the second patch does this

tonerton
11-25-2012, 06:58 PM

It's not stupid, because what happens if you press the skip button by accident? then you'll miss the cutscene. So what they did in the first "pressing the o button then it would tell you to hold it was the right thing to do..BUT THE NEW PATCH KILLED IT ALL, THEY PUT IT THERE AS IF WE WERE ALL TODDLERS or MORONS..HAVING THE SKIP BUTTON ALWAYS PRESENT IS A HUGE DISTRACTION TO THE IMMERSIVENESS OF THE STORY..AND BY THE WAY ALL THE CUTSCENES HAVE THIS..IT IS WHERE I ONLY SAW 4 I think recently that doesn't have this. BUT ALL OF THE CUTSCENES whether in the homestead or Mission Story lines have it..IT RUINS EVERYTHING

tonerton
11-25-2012, 06:59 PM

It's not stupid, because what happens if you press the skip button by accident? then you'll miss the cutscene. So what they did in the first "pressing the o button then it would tell you to hold it was the right thing to do..BUT THE NEW PATCH KILLED IT ALL, THEY PUT IT THERE AS IF WE WERE ALL TODDLERS or MORONS..HAVING THE SKIP BUTTON ALWAYS PRESENT IS A HUGE DISTRACTION TO THE IMMERSIVENESS OF THE STORY..AND BY THE WAY ALL THE CUTSCENES HAVE THIS..IT IS WHERE I ONLY SAW 4 I think recently that doesn't have this. BUT ALL OF THE CUTSCENES whether in the homestead or Mission Story lines have it..IT RUINS EVERYTHING

montagemik
11-25-2012, 07:02 PM
The thing that makes this such a problem is the simple fact that it was perfect before the patch. How would you like it if in the next patch they assigned the pause menu button to the L3 button on the analogue stick so that every time you accidentally push it you pause the game. I'm sure people would complain, it would be absolutely useless and would cause quite a few problems. Even though this cut scene skip prompt isn't quite on that scale of absurdity, it is still a problem for many people.

Now there are other glitches out there that need fixing, but sadly they don't annoy as much as this specific problem does. I'm sorry I can't be concerned about problems that you think should have more attention, I really am. But when it comes down to it, this disturbs me more than anything else currently. Sorry for being who I am, and caring about things that worry me. From now on I will just complain about things you think are more important because you're a better human being than me! You cool with that? Would that make you happy?

If the prompt prevented anything from being SEEN in a cutscene - change it .
If the prompt prevented anything from being HEARD in a cutscene - change it.
If the prompt prevented any cutscene from explaining the story - change it .
If the prompt made any part of the gameplay / weapons worthless / unusable - change it .

Don't believe it does any of those things - But maybe i missed it.
I'd prefer to have the ingame faults fixed - before cutscene flaws first ........Mainly because i spend a larger % time actually playing the game - than watching the cutscenes .
I apologise for not being 'disturbed' more by the small % of time the O prompt on cutscenes make up .

I watched & payed full attention to cutscenes on first playthrough .

tonerton
11-25-2012, 07:16 PM
If the prompt made any part of the gameplay / weapons worthless / unusable - change it .

I'd prefer to have the ingame faults fixed - before cutscene flaws first ........Mainly because i spend a larger % time actually playing the game - than watching the cutscenes .
I apologise for not being 'disturbed' more by the small % of time the O prompt on cutscenes make up .

Well that's good for you, clearly you don't care the cutscenes..NO PROBLEM they do that in the sidemissions, but they also put that IN EVERY CUTSCENE..sure it doesn't "change" anything, but it is REALLY DISTRACTING. If you are a story type person you would understand..HMMMM Try WATCHING A MOVIE, let's say THE HOBBIT and you'll see a SKIP BUTTON on the lower right... isn't that very very distracting? I THINK IT IS ..so it's really a BIG DEAL..as you posted, SEEN, HEARD, EXPLAINING THE STORY? That's not a complete element. Quality gaming needs no distractions and I believe that this issue could be dealt with EASILY if the Devs know that it is annoying, and I'm trying to post a thread like this, but no one seems to reply. I'm glad that a person also has a problem with it..I thought it was just me.. IT REALLY DISTRACTS the NARRATIVE of the game, making it less quality.IMAGINE ALL THE CUTSCENES HAVE THE SKIP BUTTON.my goodness.!

tonerton
11-25-2012, 07:16 PM

Well that's good for you, clearly you don't care the cutscenes..NO PROBLEM they do that in the sidemissions, but they also put that IN EVERY CUTSCENE..sure it doesn't "change" anything, but it is REALLY DISTRACTING. If you are a story type person you would understand..HMMMM Try WATCHING A MOVIE, let's say THE HOBBIT and you'll see a SKIP BUTTON on the lower right... isn't that very very distracting? I THINK IT IS ..so it's really a BIG DEAL..as you posted, SEEN, HEARD, EXPLAINING THE STORY? That's not a complete element. Quality gaming needs no distractions and I believe that this issue could be dealt with EASILY if the Devs know that it is annoying, and I'm trying to post a thread like this, but no one seems to reply. I'm glad that a person also has a problem with it..I thought it was just me.. IT REALLY DISTRACTS the NARRATIVE of the game, making it less quality.IMAGINE ALL THE CUTSCENES HAVE THE SKIP BUTTON.my goodness.!

tonerton
11-25-2012, 07:18 PM
and the one who made this thread is right, ITS PURE NONSENSE! I DONT KNOW WHY UBI did this...its stupid..Pls send us a message if they replied to you.. I'll keep on posting threads too..so that I'm sure that they'll notice this.

trever09
11-25-2012, 07:33 PM
It's actually ruined the game for me.

Yeah this totally ruins the game you know when... blah ba blah yeah so thats such a game breaker

Solid-Shammy
11-26-2012, 03:51 AM

It was perfect before the patch, do you really think it would take more than a few hours of resources to revert it back to the way it was? Also I'm not sure what you mean by the small amount of time the prompt pops up, because since the patch it is on the screen in every cut scene 24/7! You also just listed the things that are important to you, so right now we're kind of just repeating ourselves. For you gameplay is the priority while story and immersion are equal to gameplay for me. The only difference is, if you were to make a thread complaining about something that annoyed you, I wouldn't come in and start listing the problems that don't make it important to me.

I'm not going to go burn my copy of Assassin's Creed 3, commit suicide, kill someone who works for Ubisoft, or even sue Ubisoft. No, I'm going to go on the forums and make a thread hoping they will fix my problem, and If they do fix my problem. Well, I'll be a very happy little man!

montagemik
11-26-2012, 05:41 AM
It was perfect before the patch, do you really think it would take more than a few hours of resources to revert it back to the way it was? Also I'm not sure what you mean by the small amount of time the prompt pops up, because since the patch it is on the screen in every cut scene 24/7! You also just listed the things that are important to you, so right now we're kind of just repeating ourselves. For you gameplay is the priority while story and immersion are equal to gameplay for me. The only difference is, if you were to make a thread complaining about something that annoyed you, I wouldn't come in and start listing the problems that don't make it important to me.

I'm not going to go burn my copy of Assassin's Creed 3, commit suicide, kill someone who works for Ubisoft, or even sue Ubisoft. No, I'm going to go on the forums and make a thread hoping they will fix my problem, and If they do fix my problem. Well, I'll be a very happy little man!

I SAID . I apologise for not being 'disturbed' more by the small % of time the O prompt on cutscenes make up .
TOTAL UP how many hours of the game you're playing - then TOTAL UP the amount of time the cutscenes take ............Hardly a devastating impact on the overall game experience.

How many channels on satelite tv have the station icon in corner of screen the whole time ? ...& how much per year do you pay for those satelite channels ???
Do you complain to the satelite company because every tv show / movie is unwatchable ?

& i listed things I'D PREFER were fixed in the game & i'm sure they will be - But i also realise making a thread about KNOWN faults is unneccessary.
But as long as the little things are fixed instantly the rest of the customers can wait . OK Have to keep the little people happy .

tonerton
11-26-2012, 05:58 AM
I SAID . I apologise for not being 'disturbed' more by the small % of time the O prompt on cutscenes make up .
TOTAL UP how many hours of the game you're playing - then TOTAL UP the amount of time the cutscenes take ............Hardly a devastating impact on the overall game experience.

How many channels on satelite tv have the station icon in corner of screen the whole time ? ...& how much per year do you pay for those satelite channels ???
Do you complain to the satelite company because every tv show / movie is unwatchable ?

& i listed things I'D PREFER were fixed in the game & i'm sure they will be - But i also realise making a thread about KNOWN faults is unneccessary.
But as long as the little things are fixed instantly the rest of the customers can wait . OK Have to keep the little people happy .

Hmmmmm TV station icon? this is not mere "tv show" or watcha ma call it.. DUDE it's like watching a move, IMAGINE Seeing "The Hobbit" in theatres and they have an icon to the lower right, WOULDN"T THAT BOTHER YOU? and the skip button isn't even transparent. Try going to cinemas or movie houses.. you don't see an annoying icon on screen. Well, not only that, I don't see any games with STORY cutscenes to have that as well, not on my watch

montagemik
11-26-2012, 06:01 AM
Tonerton are you reading my post or just quoting it to fill up the thread ??

Perspective - GET SOME. :cool:

Solid-Shammy
11-26-2012, 07:23 AM

Is this a known fault? The whole reason I made this thread was so that Ubisoft would hopefully see this as an issue and fix it. If I knew they were going to fix it I wouldn't have worried, do you know something I don't? Also, why should the big people get their fixes and not the little people. Wouldn't it be best if the big people and the little people all got their fixes?

tonerton
11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Tonerton are you reading my post or just quoting it to fill up the thread ??

Perspective - GET SOME. :cool:

LOL I READ IT! obviously! I read to the last sentence, I can't help but reply to your so called analogy

jamgamerforever
11-26-2012, 05:46 PM

If the cutscenes didn't exist, I wouldn't play Assassin's Creed. I love the story, and hate to see the experience marred.

I actually rarely watch TV. Most movies I watch are blu-rays, and the same with TV shows. The only show I watch on TV is Fringe. And yes, the icon annoys me. Difference between TV and video gaming? In TV, that logo being there is the norm. In video games, this is the very first instance of it happening. I do not want to see it spread to other games.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 05:51 PM
WOW . Real life must be a killer if this O SKIP icon is such a major impact .
Think what you like & retort in what ever way eases your anger . I'll get over it.

Solid-Shammy
11-26-2012, 06:16 PM
WOW . Real life must be a killer if this O SKIP icon is such a major impact .
Think what you like & retort in what ever way eases your anger . I'll get over it.

I would kill myself if I had a constant "Press O to Skip Life" in the bottom right hand corner of my vision!

Aphex_Tim
11-26-2012, 06:23 PM
I've just downloaded the patch and started AC3 up again and i really don't see what all the fuss is all about. The "O Skip" is so tiny i hardly notice it.
No big deal at all imo.

Solid-Shammy
11-26-2012, 06:29 PM
I've just downloaded the patch and started AC3 up again and i really don't see what all the fuss is all about. The "O Skip" is so tiny i hardly notice it.
No big deal at all imo.

Who the hell is Imo? You know this statement would be pretty wise if we all had the same little Imo, but sadly we have different Imo's. My little Imo is tearing himself over this skip thing, your Imo is clearly high and mellow. I wish I could have your Imo, but I can't. I'm stuck with my grumpy Imo!

Aphex_Tim
11-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Who the hell is Imo? You know this statement would be pretty wise if we all had the same little Imo, but sadly we have different Imo's. My little Imo is tearing himself over this skip thing, your Imo is clearly high and mellow. I wish I could have your Imo, but I can't. I'm stuck with my grumpy Imo!

Cheer up mate, there's nothing you can do about it now. Chances are it'll stay the same after the next patch.
Just watch and focus on the cutscenes and you won't even notice the little skip button.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 07:25 PM

You constantly talk of differeing opinions - But throw a b*tch fit if any differ from yours . Get over it . or get angry. LOL

jamgamerforever
11-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Why is everyone so against this being changed? Does this... benefit you in any way?

It would take less than an hour to fix, a lot less if they keep history of the code versions. They can just revert it back.

UrDeviant1
11-26-2012, 07:30 PM
There really Isn't any need for every cut scene to have a SKIP prompt, whether It's something that annoys you or not.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Why is everyone so against this being changed? Does this... benefit you in any way?

It would take less than an hour to fix, a lot less if they keep history of the code versions. They can just revert it back.

I was originally nothing more than shocked & surprised how big an issue this seems to be at all given the countless other faults .
But simply stating my surprise at this thread lead to a crusade so i join the campaign it seemed.

It honestly isn't that big of a deal .........Wether it annoys you or not - it's minor.

Solid-Shammy
11-26-2012, 07:40 PM
I was originally nothing more than shocked & surprised how big an issue this seems to be at all given the countless other faults .
But simply stating my surprise at this thread lead to a crusade so i join the campaign it seemed.

It honestly isn't that big of a deal .........Wether it annoys you or not - it's minor.

It's minor in you opinion! Just like the countless other faults are minor in my opinion!

UrDeviant1
11-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Wether it annoys you or not - it's minor.

Yes, It's minor. But not really something that serves a purpose - thus pointless.

Solid-Shammy
11-26-2012, 07:43 PM
You constantly talk of differeing opinions - But throw a b*tch fit if any differ from yours . Get over it . or get angry. LOL

I wasn't throwing a fit. I was just explaining how I'm jealous that my Imo isn't as cool with this as his Imo.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 07:45 PM
I wasn't throwing a fit. I was just explaining how I'm jealous that my Imo isn't as cool with this as his Imo.

Great story , can't wait for the dvd.

Solid-Shammy
11-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Cheer up mate, there's nothing you can do about it now. Chances are it'll stay the same after the next patch.
Just watch and focus on the cutscenes and you won't even notice the little skip button.

I doubt you have read this whole thread, but if you did you would realise the thing that annoys me is the totally unexplainable reason for why it was implemented. I just don't understand why Ubisoft put it in there in the first place. WHY UBI, WHY? Every time I look at it I just remember how perfect it used to be, and how utterly useless the prompt is!

Solid-Shammy
11-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Great story , can't wait for the dvd.

It's not a happy story Monte, it really isn't. It delves into deep psychological problems caused by a traumatising childhood and numerous subconscious father issues! I cried at the end of Revelations when Desmond woke up to see his father, that is when I realised that I'm damaged as a person. I just want the skip prompt gone Monte, I'm not requesting the impossible.

If Ubisoft takes the hour necessary to revert it back to the way it was my Imo won't be grumpy, and I'll be a little less damaged!

montagemik
11-26-2012, 08:10 PM
It's not a happy story Monte, it really isn't. It delves into deep psychological problems caused by a traumatising childhood and numerous subconscious father issues! I cried at the end of Revelations when Desmond woke up to see his father, that is when I realised that I'm damaged as a person. I just want the skip prompt gone Monte, I'm not requesting the impossible.

If Ubisoft takes the hour necessary to revert it back to the way it was my Imo won't be grumpy, and I'll be a little less damaged!

Until the next life trauma hits . LOL

Solid-Shammy
11-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Until the next life trauma hits . LOL

I'm currently dealing with over a thousand life traumas! Let Ubisoft fix one for me.

linxcross
11-26-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm in the same position. I can deal with bugs and being unable to complete the brawlers missions until a patch comes out to fix that. But this is different. It was something nobody asked for and doesn't add anything to the game. It only detracts from the presentation of the game. It doesn't matter how minor the prompt is, it simply is something that should have never been added.

Solid-Shammy
11-26-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm in the same position. I can deal with bugs and being unable to complete the brawlers missions until a patch comes out to fix that. But this is different. It was something nobody asked for and doesn't add anything to the game. It only detracts from the presentation of the game. It doesn't matter how minor the prompt is, it simply is something that should have never been added.

Exactly! See Monte, why can't you share our opinion?

montagemik
11-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Exactly! See Monte, why can't you share our opinion?

Never been a fan of sharing opinions just to please others - Always preffered to have my own .

Solid-Shammy
11-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Never been a fan of sharing opinions just to please others - Always preffered to have my own .

I think we can all agree that the skip prompt is useless, and that it wouldn't take Ubisoft much to fix it. But just how much of a problem this prompt causes is subjective, it differs for every person. If they patch it, everyone is happy, if they don't, quite a few people are left disappointed! I hope they patch it, you don't really care. The popularity of this thread isn't diminishing Ubisoft's ability from fixing other more technically severe problems, so you don't need to worry about that. With that in mind, there is really nothing more to say.

Solid-Shammy
11-28-2012, 07:39 AM
Response from Ubisoft support.

Please try the below method of installing your game

Create a new folder on the hard drive
Now double click 'My Computer' and right click on the drive with the game in.
From the menu choose 'Open' , you should now see the contents of the disk.
Now from the menu bar choose 'Edit' --> 'Select All' and then 'Edit' --> 'Copy'
Now open the folder you created and go to 'Edit' -->'Paste' .
You will need to repeat this process for all disks and place them into the same folder.

Next reboot the computer into windows 'Safe Mode' (If the game requires an internet connection, choose ‘Safe Mode with Networking’) to do this do the following:

As soon as the BIOS screen loads, begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard. Do so until the 'Windows Advanced Options' menu appears.
If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. If this happens, restart the computer and try again.
Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, select 'Safe Mode' and then press Enter.

In Safe Mode run the setup.exe from the folder you copied the CD/DVD to. This will allow the game to install.

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,
Ubisoft Technical Support.

Could someone please tell me what the hell this is?

Assassin_M
11-28-2012, 07:43 AM

You will need to repeat this process for all disks and place them into the same folder.

Next reboot the computer into windows 'Safe Mode' (If the game requires an internet connection, choose ‘Safe Mode with Networking’) to do this do the following:

As soon as the BIOS screen loads, begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard. Do so until the 'Windows Advanced Options' menu appears.
If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. If this happens, restart the computer and try again.

In Safe Mode run the setup.exe from the folder you copied the CD/DVD to. This will allow the game to install.

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,

That is a response from Ubsoft support..

scooper121s
11-28-2012, 07:44 AM

Kind Regards,

Dafuq

Solid-Shammy
11-28-2012, 07:47 AM
That is a response from Ubsoft support..

I'm taking this as confirmation that they don't give a crap.

Assassin_M
11-28-2012, 07:49 AM
I'm taking this as confirmation that they don't give a crap.
At least they gave you something different xD

They usually give me the automated Email...

Solid-Shammy
11-28-2012, 08:05 AM
At least they gave you something different xD

They usually give me the automated Email...

Well I tried, I thought maybe a thirteen page thread on their official forums might be enough for them to take the extra hour necessary to make the skip prompt like it was before the latest patch. I guess not... I don't have much hope for those ambient music fellows!

Assassin_M
11-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Well I tried, I thought maybe a thirteen page thread on their official forums might be enough for them to take the extra hour necessary to make the skip prompt like it was before the latest patch. I guess not... I don't have much hope for those ambient music fellows!
With all due respect to what you think, Ambient music is a much more serious issue than yours..

Solid-Shammy
11-28-2012, 08:14 AM
With all due respect to what you think, Ambient music is a much more serious issue than yours..

For you and many other people, but just imagine if there was ambient music when the game first came out. Beautiful atmospheric ambient music that really drew you in, but then they decided to take it out in a patch. For no reason, it was just in the patch notes. You would feel what I'm feeling right now, confusion! Anger! Sadness...

Assassin_M
11-28-2012, 08:29 AM
For you and many other people, but just imagine if there was ambient music when the game first came out. Beautiful atmospheric ambient music that really drew you in, but then they decided to take it out in a patch. For no reason, it was just in the patch notes. You would feel what I'm feeling right now, confusion! Anger! Sadness...
I understand, but seeing that they took it upon themselves to revert the hood, perhaps they view your issue as something not worthy of change, or MAYBE they`re having something to remove that *****..

Either way, considering they listened during the hood baw waw..There may still be hope for everyone

tkarenko
11-28-2012, 08:53 AM
I extremely dislike this addition as well. I agree that it breaks the immersion. I turn subtitles off for this reason, but now I have no choice! Thanks Ubi.

Solid-Shammy
11-28-2012, 08:55 AM
I understand, but seeing that they took it upon themselves to revert the hood, perhaps they view your issue as something not worthy of change, or MAYBE they`re having something to remove that *****..

Either way, considering they listened during the hood baw waw..There may still be hope for everyone

It wouldn't take them much to change the skip prompt, no longer than it took for them to fix the hood problem. Ambient music might require a bit more effort, but I'm sure it could be done within a few days. They already have numerous musical scores that would be perfect for certain areas. So I still hold onto some hope.

One thing that makes me really concerned however is the fact that there is quite a few people that can't access the multiplayer still (I'm one of them) and although Ubisoft is aware of the problem (it's got something to do with the Uplay password) there hasn't been any word on a fix. With that in mind, it seems that Ubisoft (like most developers) only patch popular known problems that benefit them. While a lot of issues get left behind due to them not having a large enough audience of people complaining. I find it sad, and worrying.

Assassin_M
11-28-2012, 08:57 AM
It wouldn't take them much to change the skip prompt, no longer than it took for them to fix the hood problem. Ambient music might require a bit more effort, but I'm sure it could be done within a few days. They already have numerous musical scores that would be perfect for certain areas. So I still hold onto some hope.

One thing that makes me really concerned however is the fact that there is quite a few people that can't access the multiplayer still (I'm one of them) and although Ubisoft is aware of the problem (it's got something to do with the Uplay password) there hasn't been any word on a fix. With that in mind, it seems that Ubisoft (like most developers) only patch popular known problems that benefit them. While a lot of issues get left behind due to them not having a large enough audience of people complaining. I find it sad, and worrying.

You have to keep in mind that they`re probably not lying down at the beach sipping whiskey. They`re most likely hard at work and they have a Schedule. Another Patch, 5 DLCs and (I`m sure) the next game..

Solid-Shammy
11-28-2012, 09:18 AM
You have to keep in mind that they`re probably not lying down at the beach sipping whiskey. They`re most likely hard at work and they have a Schedule. Another Patch, 5 DLCs and (I`m sure) the next game..

Most definitely, and the reason why those poor buggers are slaving away is due to the big boys of the business calculating everything that will make them more money. It's what the business is, if something is risky, or not worth it, they will scrap it for something beneficial. I personally think Assassin's Creed 3 needed a good 3-6 months more development time to help refine certain things and polish the presentation. But an extra 3-6 months more might have resulted is less sales, and less time to make another game.

I love the Assassin's Creed games, I love Assassin's Creed 3. I find it to be incredibly ambitious, and I think is succeeds at most of what it attempts! However I can't help but notice how rushed certain things are, and even though this is a huge money making machine for Ubisoft, the consumers always come second to their money. So once they have our money, their priority shifts from pleasing us to simply making more money. This process will never end, and it's the fans that end up with the short end of the stick!

Assassin_M
11-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Most definitely, and the reason why those poor buggers are slaving away is due to the big boys of the business calculating everything that will make them more money. It's what the business is, if something is risky, or not worth it, they will scrap it for something beneficial. I personally think Assassin's Creed 3 needed a good 3-6 months more development time to help refine certain things and polish the presentation. But an extra 3-6 months more might have resulted is less sales, and less time to make another game.

I love the Assassin's Creed games, I love Assassin's Creed 3. I find it to be incredibly ambitious, and I think is succeeds at most of what it attempts! However I can't help but notice how rushed certain things are, and even though this is a huge money making machine for Ubisoft, the consumers always come second to their money. So once they have our money, their priority shifts from pleasing us to simply making more money. This process will never end, and it's the fans that end up with the short end of the stick!
Couldn't agree more..It`s Business that`s partially deluding this franchise and keeping us from getting the best...

Solid-Shammy
11-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Couldn't agree more..It`s Business that`s partially deluding this franchise and keeping us from getting the best...

Pretty much, I think things will get better. As development costs reduce, and profits are easier to obtain the fans will be treated fairer. But the business will always be about making money, so things will never be perfect for us.

monster_rambo
11-28-2012, 09:39 AM

And here I thought this is something you will never awknowledge since you are in favor or at the very least okay with annual releases. I blame tight schedules and the desire to continue the series is what kept us from a proper conclusion. Solid423 is absolutely right, business is about profits and after people bought the game, they really couldn't care less about the consumers. If I was an entrepreneur, I would be too but at least have some respect for the product that it is made. They should have made sure that it is well polished and absolutely satisfied with the product before they push it out to the market. I recall in an interview that one was the devs was worried if people will enjoy the ending This was a clear case that if they themselves are nervous about the people's reaction to the storyline, why wouldn't they take more effort in changing. In addition, a good entrepreneur is not only someone that makes money but they should also be honest. Half the things Ubisoft advertised never appeared in the game and that is what sets disappointment. Is also hard to keep recurring customers that way.

psf22
11-28-2012, 09:56 AM

Kind Regards,

This must be a joke

Press O to skip

Solid-Shammy
11-28-2012, 12:58 PM
This must be a joke

Press O to skip

I find it ridiculous, I don't know what is going on...

tonerton
11-29-2012, 10:25 PM

Kind Regards,

This is just for the pc version, if you have trouble installing it, I was hoping this would fix the annoying skip button but its not..sheesh

tonerton
11-29-2012, 10:32 PM
I am really annoyed with the SKIP button, I hope that they wouild fix a patch soon...UBISOFT pls reply back and tell us you heard us

Solid-Shammy
11-30-2012, 07:06 AM
This is just for the pc version, if you have trouble installing it, I was hoping this would fix the annoying skip button but its not..sheesh

I specifically chose PS3.

krisgal
12-02-2012, 02:30 PM
I don't want that on my screen when I am watching a cutscene!

jamgamerforever
12-19-2012, 06:38 AM
And the new patch allows me to disable that horrid notification. Thanks Ubisoft!

I can finally replay AC3.

:D

Solid-Shammy
12-19-2012, 07:27 AM
And the new patch allows me to disable that horrid notification. Thanks Ubisoft!

I can finally replay AC3.

:D

It's a beautiful thing, I was holding off playing but now I can finally enjoy the game once again.

VitaminsXYZ
12-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Hmm, I'm still getting the "Press O to skip" message, even after installing the patch. Is the patch supposed to automatically get rid of it, or do I have to manually disable it?

Solid-Shammy
12-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Hmm, I'm still getting the "Press O to skip" message, even after installing the patch. Is the patch supposed to automatically get rid of it, or do I have to manually disable it?

You need to turn off the control HUD.

VitaminsXYZ
12-19-2012, 09:40 AM
^Ah, I see. I was dumb and apparently disabling the wrong things. Thanks!

ProletariatPleb
12-19-2012, 10:00 AM
So knowing that a game is a game is an issue these days 0_o

pirate1802
12-19-2012, 10:32 AM
^lool

Solid-Shammy
12-19-2012, 11:12 AM

I'm confused at what you're trying to say, good old Pirate seems to be looling, but I just can't figure it out. Could you please break it down for me, my simple mind can't comprehend.

jamgamerforever
12-19-2012, 11:45 AM

I play games primarily for their story. The very fact that a new "cinematic genre" is appearing; "Heavy Rain", "The Walking Dead" is testament that there is an entire market of like-minded people. I'll be honest, I don't care if you can't understand my point of view. Just understand there are people with different opinions than your own.

Solid-Shammy
12-19-2012, 11:51 AM
I play games primarily for their story. The very fact that a new "cinematic genre" is appearing; "Heavy Rain", "The Walking Dead" is testament that there is an entire market of like-minded people. I'll be honest, I don't care if you can't understand my point of view. Just understand there are people with different opinions than your own.

I'm confused, is he trying to say that the skip prompt is more along the lines of what normal games do?

jamgamerforever
12-19-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm confused, is he trying to say that the skip prompt is more along the lines of what normal games do?

From what I understand, he/she is saying, "Who cares if there's a skip prompt on-screen, it's just a game, and it's telling you that you can skip it."

AC3 is in fact the only game I've ever experienced having the skip cutscene prompt be permanently stuck there. Fortunately, they've fixed that now. Again, thanks Ubisoft!

montagemik
12-19-2012, 12:57 PM
^lool

I Know :rolleyes:

Kinda sad how long this has carried on ....................
Next subject = "The stars don't go behind the Moon in the Nightsky - They go in Front of the moon instead" .............
This is totally destroying my immersion - PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY UBISOFT .....LIKE NOW !!!!!!

:nonchalance:

Solid-Shammy
12-19-2012, 01:11 PM
I Know :rolleyes:

Kinda sad how long this has carried on ....................
Next subject = "The stars don't go behind the Moon in the Nightsky - They go in Front of the moon instead" .............
This is totally destroying my immersion - PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY UBISOFT .....LIKE NOW !!!!!!

:nonchalance:

Monte you're missing the point, the game didn't ship with a skip prompt, it was patched in for no reason. Now if the game shipped with the stars going behind the moon and then they patched it to do otherwise I'd totally be on that!

But really, I am actually tired of a lot of people (including you Monte) acting like our problems aren't important simply because they don't concern you. It's annoying, if someone was complaining about something that didn't worry me I wouldn't rip into their thread and be like "LOL WUT? U CAR BOUT DATLOL IT JUST A GAME!' It's quite ridiculous actually.

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Since there`s 16 pages of asking and ripping the game for a fix.....I want 16 more pages of celebration :|

ProletariatPleb
12-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Monte you're missing the point, the game didn't ship with a skip prompt, it was patched in for no reason. Now if the game shipped with the stars going behind the moon and then they patched it to do otherwise I'd totally be on that!

But really, I am actually tired of a lot of people (including you Monte) acting like our problems aren't important simply because they don't concern you. It's annoying, if someone was complaining about something that didn't worry me I wouldn't rip into their thread and be like "LOL WUT? U CAR BOUT DATLOL IT JUST A GAME!' It's quite ridiculous actually.

It is sad that instead of issues that are actually game breaking you want them to focus on trivial things. It's small, it's not intrusive and if anything it's a good option. It's a game not a movie, eitherway from what I'm seeing in the last page it's been fixed so why are you still complaining? I would understand if you were talking about the amount of popups in Far cry 3, but this is just...nitpicking.

Solid-Shammy
12-19-2012, 03:23 PM
It is sad that instead of issues that are actually game breaking you want them to focus on trivial things. It's small, it's not intrusive and if anything it's a good option. It's a game not a movie, eitherway from what I'm seeing in the last page it's been fixed so why are you still complaining? I would understand if you were talking about the amount of popups in Far cry 3, but this is just...nitpicking.

I'm not complaining, I'm very happy. Here I am celebrating being happy and then people come in and start complaining about me complaining because they think what I'm complaining about is trivial. Also the presence of this thread has never derailed Ubisoft from fixing other problems. I also find people complaining about other people complaining less productive than people complaining about trivial things. Also let me say this again, JUST BECAUSE YOU FOUND THIS TO BE TRIVIAL DOESN'T MEAN I FOUND IT TO BE TRIVIAL! Do you get that, do I need to make a recording of myself on youtube saying it slowly so that you get the point.

It is just really sad, in a day where 16 pages of complaints and upset people is trivial just because you don't care for their complaints. Also the Far Cry 3 HUD doesn't annoy me, so stop complaining about trivial things. It's a game not a movie.

Also, I never wanted them to take focus of fixing other things, where did you get that from? I've said that quite a few times in this thread, but that doesn't stop people like you coming in and making false claims.

Now look at what you've done. You've made me complain about you complaining about me complaining, so if you reply you're going to be complaining about me complaining about you complaining about me complaining. STOP COMPLAINING!

ProletariatPleb
12-19-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm not complaining, I'm very happy. Here I am celebrating being happy and then people come in and start complaining about me complaining because they think what I'm complaining about is trivial. Also the presence of this thread has never derailed Ubisoft from fixing other problems. I also find people complaining about other people complaining less productive than people complaining about trivial things. Also let me say this again, JUST BECAUSE YOU FOUND THIS TO BE TRIVIAL DOESN'T MEAN I FOUND IT TO BE TRIVIAL! Do you get that, do I need to make a recording of myself on youtube saying it slowly so that you get the point.

It is just really sad, in a day where 16 pages of complaints and upset people is trivial just because you don't care for their complaints. Also the Far Cry 3 HUD doesn't annoy me, so stop complaining about trivial things. It's a game not a movie.

Also, I never wanted them to take focus of fixing other things, where did you get that from? I've said that quite a few times in this thread, but that doesn't stop people like you coming in and making false claims.

Now look at what you've done. You've made me complain about you complaining about me complaining, so if you reply you're going to be complaining about me complaining about you complaining about me complaining. STOP COMPLAINING!

I wasn't referring to YOU at all , just in general this thread, 16 pages of it. You saw my previous post right? did it anywhere mention you or anyone else? the one to which you replied you were confused.

And I'm not complaining about Far Cry 3....I've probably never even opened that subforum - it was a reference to this (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-07-far-cry-3-patch-will-allow-you-to-tailor-the-hud-ui).

Solid-Shammy
12-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Since there`s 16 pages of asking and ripping the game for a fix.....I want 16 more pages of celebration :|

Technically the fix was on the fifteenth page, so if we get to thirty pages of me storming around like an overly protective mother guarding her baby I'll call it a success! BECAUSE I WON! ME! Everyone doubted me.
"OH SOLID IT TRIVIAL STOP COMPLAINING."
"NO!" I shouted with fury.
And look now Logical (I'm calling you Logical from now on because you have an M in your name) look at me now, ME! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! SAY MY NAME, SAY MY NAME!!! SOLID, SOLID423!

Solid-Shammy
12-19-2012, 03:45 PM
I wasn't referring to YOU at all , just in general this thread, 16 pages of it. You saw my previous post right? did it anywhere mention you or anyone else? the one to which you replied you were confused.

And I'm not complaining about Far Cry 3....I've probably never even opened that subforum - it was a reference to this (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-07-far-cry-3-patch-will-allow-you-to-tailor-the-hud-ui).

Oh good, sorry for the confusion. Also to be honest the HUD in Far Cry 3 does annoy me. I was actually complaining about it to a friend. GUESS WHAT? THEY'RE PATCHING THAT TOO!
YES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I'm going to walk outside and scream at the top of my lungs.
"I WOOOONNNNNNNNNN!"

jamgamerforever
12-20-2012, 12:17 AM

I can certainly provide that. Though I'm afraid you'll have me banned before the target number of pages.

Thanks Ubisoft! Fan since AC1 and you didn't let me down! :D

tonerton
04-17-2013, 08:34 AM
I updated the patch last time but I didn't notice the new option. Thanks much for this, it's only now that I went back to this forum. I thought they still didn't fix it but I just needed to disable the Control hud option..Finally ubisoft ! finally! no more annoying press b to skip

Assassin_M
04-17-2013, 08:34 AM
I updated the patch last time but I didn't notice the new option. Thanks much for this, it's only now that I went back to this forum. I thought they still didn't fix it but I just needed to disable the Control hud option..Finally ubisoft ! finally! no more annoying press b to skip
alright, mate we get it...stop reviving threads