PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 Attempts Limit???!!!

iggy__dawg
11-23-2012, 02:36 AM
I am trying to download Assassins Creed 3 for PC, I received the E-mail to tell me it was ready but get the message: "Sorry, Too many download attempts. 5. You were allowed to download only 5 times".

Which is pretty hilarious as I haven't even managed to download it once yet. What the hell is going on??!! I waited up until the release time to be greeted with this?????!!

I received Assassins Creed 2 as part of the deal and that downloaded and installed flawlessly over a week ago.

Please Advise. I have sent mail to several different "Customer Services" and have not yet received a reply.

Thank You.

A very unhappy customer.

x-Lyyr-x
11-23-2012, 02:46 AM
In the worst case you can always jsut try to download the installer from somewhere else... i think they are on the web already.
You can find legitimate installers (the ones that are not pirated, not cracked etc...)

As long as you bought the game, and received a valid cd key, i think it should be all right to do that.

I hope this doesnt fall into piracy category, I am just trying to give you an advice to solve your problem the non-standard way.

Stinkyarmpit
11-23-2012, 02:51 AM
If I buy a Blu-ray am I allowed to download it online, no. Even if you own the game you don't have the right to get it unofficially elsewhere. It is still considered piracy since it is a unauthorized download from which you weren't licensed.

Don't panic, make a support ticket and ask politely for the advisors to help you. I'm sure they will help you as soon as possible if you give them the info they need.

iggy__dawg
11-23-2012, 02:58 AM
Thanks for the replies but I won't be downloading an installer from somewhere else, As Stinkyarmpit said, It would still be considered piracy and I would rather go through the official channels anyway.

I just received a reply E-mail from Digital River (The address that was supplied in the error message), This just gets better, Here is the first paragraph:

"Unfortunately, we do not handle the customer service for Ubisoft. Please
contact them directly with your request through one of the following
methods:"

Now, I have contacted Ubisoft directly and had no reply and also contacted Uplay help and also had no reply. This is ridiculous.

Stinkyarmpit
11-23-2012, 03:02 AM
I'm pretty sure Digital River handles the payment services. Ubisoft should get back to you as soon as possible, I've seen other people create a ticket and have a response within 72 hours.

iggy__dawg
11-23-2012, 03:06 AM
So while other people enjoy the game, I may have to wait up to 72 hours just to get a response?

Fantastic.

Digital river was the address given to contact in the download error message so to receive a reply from them saying they don't handle customer service is very frustrating.

I am not happy

Edit: On the help topics, Under Downloads there is a question- Will pre ordered games be added automatically to my account?
Yes! You will get a confirmation email after your purchase has been completed. On the release date of the game, a game tile will appear on your games page allowing you to begin the download process.

This is simply not true as it does not appear at all.

Stinkyarmpit
11-23-2012, 04:13 AM
I stated 72 hours as a worst case scenario. I haven't used Ubisoft support so I wouldn't know.

If you have problems downloading via the link in the email please remember to also check online in your account on the Ubishop website for a direct link to the download and your product key!

You should find the link and product key under "order details."

iggy__dawg
11-23-2012, 05:09 AM
The links in the E-mail result in the same message: "Sorry too many download attempts". With a following message- "If you have any problems please contact CustomerServices@Digitalriver.com." Which I have, and as have previously stated, Received a reply back stating that they don't deal with customer services. Ironic really considering their mail address don't you think?

I have been onto my account, My invoice states "Order completed" but the game does not show in my library and is not available to download. At the moment the Product Key is useless.

This is not a friendly experience for one of my most anticipated games of the year.

iggy__dawg
11-23-2012, 07:15 AM
Seriously no one can help?? This seems like some kind of joke.