PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Runs fine...?

garyjpaterson
11-23-2012, 01:12 AM
Ok so yeah Single player for me still runs like a POS, but i decided to give multiplayer a go. It runs fine, just like the older AC games. And it had slightly better graphics options, why does single player not run like this and have more extensive options?
I also tried to go a bit further in single player, which was for the most part a very painful experience at such low frame rates, but if the camera isnt looking into a room but towards a wall, the rates become much more acceptible. Is that a sign of CPU bottlenecking or GPU? Im not sure.

ElleCore
11-23-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that the multiplayer doesn't have maps the size of a city, but rather small ones. AC3 seems to lag a lot in singleplayer in big areas with lots of details, like the cities/Frontier.

louis_denair
11-23-2012, 01:22 AM
Heh, just wanted to say the same about multi. I'm not 100% sure but I think multi is a different engine. I suspect it's DX 9 or 10, hence the smooth FPS. It looks great too, and the AA works in MP for me, whereas in SP the jaggies are horrible because due to my old card I get practically the same AA as on consoles...funny. I'm buying a new GFX card tomorrow, hoping it will run/look better.

Jacobah
11-23-2012, 02:21 AM
It's because the multiplayer maps are their own standalone cells, not connected to a world. There's a lot less work being done by your computer when playing on a multiplayer map vs. playing SP. It's the same reason you get a lot better FPS when you're inside in SP. An example would be Boston Underground, I'm willing to put money that you get great FPS down there.