PDA

View Full Version : AC3 impossible to play, keeps crashing

Hannya7
11-23-2012, 12:02 AM
I've bought AC 3 yesterday on steam and I'm finding the experience to be VERY frustrating, simply because I can't play at all. The game goes for 2 or 3 minutes tops before crashing to desktop or even resetting the computer.

I don't believe it to be my computer's fault, since I've updated all related drivers (specially graphics cards) and I meet the minimum requirements with the following specifications:
Video Card: GeForce GTX 570
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40 GHz
RAM: 4 GB

So I find it inadmissible for a paying customer to go through such a problem that's probably related to fixing bugs. I've read that a lot of owners of the GeForce 500 series are having problems, so it's Ubisoft and Nvidia duty to release fixes and patches AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so we can play the game correctly.

lorik2010
11-23-2012, 12:23 AM
same here constant crashes with crash messages such as "instruction at reference memory 0x00*** could not be read" my gpu is AMD 5870

neil_754
11-23-2012, 01:08 PM
OK, settle down dude, Ill try to help you K?
have u got the nvidia 306 update, direct from their download site?
sometimes the video card people are more interested in selling a new card to a person than sending an auto update k?

here"s a biggy to check into, you do not need steam to run, to play AC3, turn off steam, go to the Uplay website and download Uplay, this is probably why your AC3 is crashing? no Uplay for the game to stream the game from?

next, alt/tab/delete, get the task manager going for windows, right? check to see what is running in the background yet? a lotta selfstarting crap screw with the bigger games out there, AC3 is very sensitive to other things running it seems, wonder why right?

next, pass the beer please if it is working ok now will you?
and of course, check to see, if you are on win7, that the, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools are up to date, by clicking on the Refresh tab ok?

Im of the opinion that to me it sounds like Uplay is not installed, so AC3 cannot update the game as you play it, and it crashes
here's the website address for the Uplay download,
http://uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/
Version 2.1.1 24mb
Got room for this monster I hope?

remember.
once you register your game on Uplay, and set up a simple game account there to, then AC3 and all other Uplay games will run directly from here, illiminating the infuriating no-service middleman that just wants a cut of the action, and recently is stonewalling us with there online adds now too
Happy Hunting on AC3

Neil

Hannya7
11-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Actually Uplay was isntalled automatically after I installed the game via steam. I tried opening the game without steam by openin Uplay, and I couldn't find it.

My computer is actually pretty clean in terms of stuff that run on startup. But thanks for the tips anyway (I'll try reinstalling uplay just so I can try to play with steam closed anyway).

What I found that works, and I hope its a temporary fix, is downloading MSI Afterburner and raising the graphics card voltage to 1100mV (people who used this fix sugested trying lower voltages before reaching max, I'm using 1100 because my card is exactly as the same as the video I watched telling to do this).

It is suposedly very safe to do this, as aparently Nvida lowers the voltage so they can claim that the card uses less power, and I was monitoring the card's temperature after the raised voltage, and it didn't go up (it goes up while running the game, of course, so I also raised the cooler speed with MSI Afterburner).

This solution seems to be working just fine, as I could play for about an hour (I couldn't get more than 3 minutes before), and people seem to be going through the entire game with this fix. Still, I think that either Ubisoft or Nvidia should work on patches and/or updates so that cards (listed as supported for the requirements) could run the game at default voltage.

Mosphett
11-25-2012, 12:00 AM
What I found that works, and I hope its a temporary fix, is downloading MSI Afterburner and raising the graphics card voltage to 1100mV (people who used this fix sugested trying lower voltages before reaching max, I'm using 1100 because my card is exactly as the same as the video I watched telling to do this).

It varies by manufacturer, but you're likely risking your GPU and your GPU warranty overvolting the card.

SpareKeyboard
09-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Mine returns to desktop when it says the info. about how the game was based of of real people. After it returns to desktop an error appears saying that ac3.exe has stopped working, I believe I have met the minimum requirements, what is going on? Please help I played the xbox version at my friends house and I really want this game.

Joemohar123456
07-31-2015, 07:21 PM
hey I just created a Uplay account and I went to go access it but it says its unavailable so I went to play but it said it was unavailable again so I restarted it and when I pressed start it just kept loading please help

Jessigirl2013
07-31-2015, 09:53 PM
hey I just created a Uplay account and I went to go access it but it says its unavailable so I went to play but it said it was unavailable again so I restarted it and when I pressed start it just kept loading please help

Have you got any screenshots?
Also have you contacted support?