PDA

View Full Version : [Ending Spoilers] How to save the world?

ace3001
11-22-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm really confused about this.
How did releasing Juno save the world? Is it something done by that sphere thingy? If so, if they had a device like that which could save the world, why didn't they use it the first time around? Is Desmond somehow an "essential" ingredient? If so, why? Can't be the "high concentration of 1st civilization DNA" cause they all had that DNA anyway,

LightRey
11-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Releasing Juno didn't save the world, saving the world released Juno.

ace3001
11-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Releasing Juno didn't save the world, saving the world released Juno.
Alright, I wasn't sure about that. But even then, how did that saving part happen? If they possessed that technology, how come they didn't use it back in their time?

LightRey
11-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Alright, I wasn't sure about that. But even then, how did that saving part happen? If they possessed that technology, how come they didn't use it back in their time?
They're not very clear on that at all. The wiki claims something about the device using that formula stuff Minerva found out to do her across-time communicating 'n stuff, but the game doesn't at all seem to suggest this and I fear it is all assumption. Besides, it seems to contradict the fact that they ran out of time.

Gianavel
11-23-2012, 12:17 AM
While you were installing the batteries, Juno described the various things that TWCB tried the last time the solar maximum happened. One of those solutions was to build towers that would let them put a force field of sorts around the planet. It was determined that it would take 1000 years to build the towers, so the project was abandoned. However, later some of them set robots to finishing the towers, "machines would finish what flesh could not". The towers, though, didn't go UP but DOWN into the earth, and were completed by the time that Desmond came along. Touching the Orb activated them - but Juno had also rigged the Orb to release her, as well.

ace3001
11-23-2012, 02:09 AM
They're not very clear on that at all. The wiki claims something about the device using that formula stuff Minerva found out to do her across-time communicating 'n stuff, but the game doesn't at all seem to suggest this and I fear it is all assumption. Besides, it seems to contradict the fact that they ran out of time.Yes, it does contradict it. They sure had time to make whatever that was. This makes me feel like they never really had an idea about how they were going to make Desmond save the world, and hastily came up with this half baked solution of "the orb".

While you were installing the batteries, Juno described the various things that TWCB tried the last time the solar maximum happened. One of those solutions was to build towers that would let them put a force field of sorts around the planet. It was determined that it would take 1000 years to build the towers, so the project was abandoned. However, later some of them set robots to finishing the towers, "machines would finish what flesh could not". The towers, though, didn't go UP but DOWN into the earth, and were completed by the time that Desmond came along. Touching the Orb activated them - but Juno had also rigged the Orb to release her, as well.No, the robots weren't a success. It was one more of those things that they tried and failed at.

Gianavel
11-23-2012, 07:47 PM
The robots didn't fail - they finished the towers. But there was no way for TWCB to finish the towers in time to save themselves, so they deemed it a failure - for them. Remember the weird greenish glow around the planet during the ending cutscene? That was the forcefield being projected by the underground towers.

Durakken
11-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Some first civ members were around likely till about pre-classical greek times and it would have given them more than enough time to figure everything out and set it up...