PDA

View Full Version : This game shouldn't be called Assassin's Creed 3 [spoilers]

Stroonzje
11-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Doing my 2nd playthrough now, and just realising that the game revolves around haytham more than anyone. Also i made up some questions

1) why can he do the leap of faith. that's and assassins thing.
2) Why does he have the assassin logo on his hidden blade.
3) Why did he turn from a kind but harsh man to a trigger-happy hypocrite by the end

pirate1802
11-22-2012, 11:08 AM
You can call your game Templar's Creed III if you like..

Stroonzje
11-22-2012, 11:11 AM
You can call your game Templar's Creed III if you like..

Assplar creed 3*

zhengyingli
11-22-2012, 11:19 AM
But, why can't Haytham perform the leap of faith? Francesco de' Pazzi and Kaniehti:io weren't assassins yet they were able to.

As to why he has the logo, that's too spoilery. It's a hint at best.

montagemik
11-22-2012, 11:19 AM
He wouldn't be the first Assassin with 'eagle' abilities to Switch sides now would he - Haytham is clearly of the same bloodline ,
He was just as harsh & ruthless throughout the whole story - From london right up to his conclusion with connor. He had the same determination & sense of humour throughout.

Only our perspective viewpoint of his actions & behaviour is suddenly changed once we discover he's a Templar . (funny how that discovery changed our perception of him)

Stroonzje
11-22-2012, 11:23 AM
But, why can't Haytham perform the leap of faith? Francesco de' Pazzi and Kaniehti:io weren't assassins yet they were able to.

As to why he has the logo, that's too spoilery. It's a hint at best.

i mean, he had the assassin logo on his hidden blade, couldnt he have just taken it off

ProdiGurl
11-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Apparently there's no realism to betrayal or traitors who leave causes or turn against them. It's also a great plot twist for a good story.
It also opens up new possibilities for future AC installments.
? Yes it's definitely Assassins Creed 3. Why force the story into a predictable mold?

Chariflame
11-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Haytham was originally born into the Assassin Order, and then made the switch to the Templars. (See: Encyclopedia or Novels or hell, the Wiki)
That explains the Eagle Vision, the Leap of Faithing (while it's a tradition with the Assassins, the Templars have always done it as well), and I suppose he just never found the need to remove the Assassin symbol from his gauntlet?

The sudden switch in characterisation between his playable sequences and Connor's, can either be blamed on the 20+ years between, or dodgy writing.

dchil279
11-23-2012, 06:52 AM
The sudden switch in characterisation between his playable sequences and Connor's, can either be blamed on the 20+ years between, or dodgy writing.

I honestly thought that they did an OK job with keeping haytham's character somewhat the same ( and I am a HUGE critic of Ubi's writing for the past 3 games), but there was a ton of dodgy writing in this game otherwise.