PDA

View Full Version : Why does Haytham...

Jexx21
11-22-2012, 05:40 AM
still bear the symbols of the Assassins?

On his hidden blade, the symbol of the Assassins is still there, even if it's taped up a little. And on the bracer area of his left arm, it has an embossed eagle.

legends7788
11-22-2012, 05:44 AM
you wanna no why? cuz ubisoft didnt bother to change it cuz they were too focused on the multiplayer
smh

legends7788
11-22-2012, 05:44 AM
no other reason

Jexx21
11-22-2012, 05:46 AM
Lol..

dchil279
11-22-2012, 06:08 AM
because his father was an assassin and those are probably his blades...

Iamsosobad
11-22-2012, 08:13 AM
uhh...multiplayer?

Aphex_Tim
11-22-2012, 11:41 AM
you wanna no why? cuz ubisoft didnt bother to change it cuz they were too focused on the multiplayer
smh

Please gtfo.

Also, it's assumed Haytham got his blades from an Assassin he killed. At least that's what i vaguely remember from reading database entries.

zhengyingli
11-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Please gtfo.

Also, it's assumed Haytham got his blades from an Assassin he killed. At least that's what i vaguely remember from reading database entries.
I don't think so... No one can kill an Assassin. Sorry, had to do a SW reference.

LightRey
11-22-2012, 12:36 PM
SPOILER WARNING

One of the recruits is the boy who saw Haytham kill the man at the theater (the man was his uncle). In a conversation with him, Connor speaks of Haytham's betrayal, and that it must've occurred shorty before the time of this assassination. Since the man also knew Haytham, there is good reason to believe that he was indeed an Assassin once and he simply left the symbols on the bracers as a reminder or something.

LilyasAvalon
11-22-2012, 04:13 PM
The symbol of the Eagle is not necessarily a symbol of the assassins as a whole, just for majority of the protagionists we play, considering that their names also means eagle or sky to some degree or form.

The hidden blades most likely belonged to his father, who is the former master of the assassins in England, Haytham probably doesn't have the heart to remove the assassin symbol for this reason. Let's all remember that Haytham is a BORN assassin and a CONVERTED TEMPLAR, just like Lucy.

Rogue-Eaglet
11-22-2012, 06:35 PM
I don't know about his father being the Mentor of the Brotherhood in England, but I know Haytham does tell Charles Lee indirectly that he was raised as an Assassin. On your way to the harbour where Bejamin Church is being held, Charles asks Haytham where he learned all of his 'eavesdropping' techniques. Haytham in turns replies that it's all part of how he was raised, etc. The way he says it and his explanation that follows, really sound like what one had to do with Altair in Masyaf when he got demoted. While you could argue it's to maintain the illusion that you're playing as an Assassin till the end of Sequence 3, the fact remains that he was one. Heck he even has the Eagle Vision, which is an Assassin trait (without taking the MP into account). I'd say those are his blades to begin with - though the theory that they were his father does make sense as well. I haven't gotten a hold of the novel Forsaken, but apparently it's mostly Haytham's journal and I read somewhere that his father was murdered... so if that's true, it could be his own memento of his father.

As for the eagle imprint, Haytham is arabic for 'young eagle'. So, it could be a play on that.

InfectedNation
11-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Forsaken spoilers:

Haytham was taught Assassin skills by his father, but never knew about the order until he was already made a Templar by Birch after his father's death.

The blade on his right arm belonged to an Assassin who Haytham defeated in combat... but spared him.

Rogue-Eaglet
11-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Forsaken spoilers:

Haytham was taught Assassin skills by his father, but never knew about the order until he was already made a Templar by Birch after his father's death.

The blade on his right arm belonged to an Assassin who Haytham defeated in combat... but spared him.Ah, that would explain the whole 'you should have come to me' dialogue from the target in the Opera House.

LightRey
11-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Forsaken spoilers:

The blade on his right arm belonged to an Assassin who Haytham defeated in combat... but spared him.
Ah, that makes sense. :P

InfectedNation
11-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Ah, that would explain the whole 'you should have come to me' dialogue from the target in the Opera House.

Yes, the two men had met before.... and the weapon of choice was somewhat ironic.

zerocooll21
11-23-2012, 12:00 AM
They left it so you wouldn't suspect he was a templar before they wanted you to know.