PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to turn off the "Push E to skip cutscenes" tooltip? So annoying.

Stiler
11-22-2012, 05:32 AM
Can't be the only one that is being annoyed by this. Mainly because it constantly switches between just saying "E" to "Push e to skip cutscenes" over and over in the bottom right of every single cutscene in the game, it's just an eyesore.

soccer06
11-22-2012, 05:37 AM
Can't be the only one that is being annoyed by this. Mainly because it constantly switches between just saying "E" to "Push e to skip cutscenes" over and over in the bottom right of every single cutscene in the game, it's just an eyesore.

I may eventually get annoyed with it, but right now I'm just happy that we are able to skip cutscenes, especially for future playthroughs.

ace3001
11-22-2012, 07:49 AM
I may eventually get annoyed with it, but right now I'm just happy that we are able to skip cutscenes, especially for future playthroughs.

We could skip cutscenes since Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It isn't a new feature. This is just annoying. Especially if you want to take screenshots of some great moments, that thing just hangs there like a watermark.

xArbilx
11-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Yea, this bothers me too.

Lann094
11-22-2012, 10:32 AM
The worst part is that it changes from "E SKIP" to "E HOLD TO SKIP CINEMATIC" each time the mouse moves, and my mouse moves slightly every time something bassy happens.
I'm not playing until there is a way to remove this..

soccer06
11-22-2012, 04:16 PM
The worst part is that it changes from "E SKIP" to "E HOLD TO SKIP CINEMATIC" each time the mouse moves, and my mouse moves slightly every time something bassy happens.
I'm not playing until there is a way to remove this..

This seems like a bit of an over-exaggeration.

tonerton
11-22-2012, 09:14 PM
well I think that's not over exaggeration, because he just wants to play the game with full potential..sometimes the skip button is really annoying..it lessens the immersion...it's like a parasite to the eyes..I don't get why ubisoft changed that..the first ones were better..don't install the second patch and you'll be ok, however, you won't get directx11.....I hope they would fix this soon.

Panoptic0n
11-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Yeah, it's a bit distracting I think.

Also we can remove the hud but not the amount of money? That's really annoying not being able to take nice screenshots without 1394 on the lower left.
Or am I missing something?

soccer06
11-22-2012, 09:58 PM
well I think that's not over exaggeration, because he just wants to play the game with full potential..sometimes the skip button is really annoying..it lessens the immersion...it's like a parasite to the eyes..I don't get why ubisoft changed that..the first ones were better..don't install the second patch and you'll be ok, however, you won't get directx11.....I hope they would fix this soon.

The part where he is refusing to play the game until this is fixed is over-exaggeration. I agree with the whole thing being annoying.

Lann094
11-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Heh, I guess I over-reacted since I've waited so long for this game and all the cutscenes were marked with a bright blue eye-sore.

I managed to take a more external approach to fixing it, and just covered it with my hand for like, an hour of gameplay. After that I can't see it in cutscenes as much, but I still know it's there..

tonerton
11-23-2012, 03:46 AM
haha I think we are pretty much the same, so so oc mode..but I think I will grow on it...I just hope they make a 3rd patch for this..I don't really understand why they did this..

tonerton
11-23-2012, 03:50 AM
hehe Yah it's so annoying..I'm getting really oc on this but I think I have to get used to it..It grows on me for a while..I don't know why they included this in the latest patch...If it were not for the fixes and improvements in graphics I'm not gonna install the second patch..This cutscene problem happens if you play with the second patch installed.

Hammarns
11-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Incredibly immersion breaking. Isn't there at least some kind of .ini tweak you can do to disable this notification?

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Guys,

The game shipped without the ability to skip - this was one of the requested fixes - and was patched in.

However if you're unhappy with it, please make sure you are posting in the feedback threads.

Lann094
11-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Guys,

The game shipped without the ability to skip - this was one of the requested fixes - and was patched in.

However if you're unhappy with it, please make sure you are posting in the feedback threads.
I'm really glad we have the ability, but I don't think it's necessary to keep the button prompt shown all the time. Ideally, it would show for the first minute or something, but we don't need to see the prompt the whole time.

ze1t
11-23-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm really glad we have the ability, but I don't think it's necessary to keep the button prompt shown all the time. Ideally, it would show for the first minute or something, but we don't need to see the prompt the whole time.

Yeah man, I burst into tears everytime I see the button promt in cutscenes. I can't play this game anymore, it is heartbreaking, and with all the red,green,blue hairs agh

Hammarns
11-23-2012, 05:15 PM
I don't think anyone is questioning the ability to skip scenes, but rather the constant button prompt breaking an, usually, interesting set-up scene put there in order to "get you into the situation at hand". Anyway, heading to feedback, then.

MaceMagoo
11-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Complaints about everything, abso-f*cking-lutely everything...... GET LIVES people! Seriously, do that...

Stiler
11-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Guys,

I am not talking about the ability to skip, that is a good feature.

I'm talking about how in every single cutscene there's this "e to skip/push e to skip cutscene" propt that is CONSTANTLY changing between thsoe two and distracting when your'e trying to watch the cutscenes.

It's even worse then a watermark like you have on some tv networks because of the constantly switching back and fourth, it's distracting and annoying.

All I am asking is to be able to turn the prompt off, not the ablity to skip.

I mean do you not think after showing it the first 3-4 hours of gameplay that people would realize you can skip it? It's like a tutorial propt that you can't turn off.

Galneryus
03-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Guys,

Unfortunately, this is a very old thread so I'm not sure it'll even be seen now. But I got into the AC games really late. I only just done the first one and started the 2nd now.

I actually don't think I mind the "Push E to skip" thing showing, although it would be nice if it wasn't. I can understand it being requested if you have to keep viewing the same clip when started again, but logically I would have assumed it'd only show up if you press anything. Like in games you press escape and then get told something like "Hold Space to skip" appear.

There is one thing I would like to know about this feature, if someone can tell me before I open my sealed copy of ACIII........is this E button for skipping a hard-coded button?
Because that's something that really annoys me, when I encounter so many hard-coded keys. Space, escape, E, X, B etc...... I play left-handed so I have to change everything to the arrow keys and what's around it. Yet, I still encounter hard-coded keys to this day and it means I either have to move my entire arm a lot through the game, or I have to mess about with AutoHotKey. But that then replaces what I use on my keyboard when I use the net during a game.

Alphacos007
03-20-2015, 12:51 AM
The "Push E to skip" thing only shows up when you press some button of the keyboard. If you leave it alone during the cutscene, it'll show only the little E in the corner. Still, answering your question, you can change the controlls in the options menu, but I'm not sure if the E to skip is changeable.

Lann094
03-20-2015, 01:00 AM
I took the chance at the nostalgia trip, and yes, you can change the keybind. I recall AC3 being much better for PC controls than the Ezio series. Push to skip is bound to your interact key.

And Alpacos, I recall that being my problem in the first place. It was such an eye sore, but I did still finish the game I suppose... Definitely pick this one up, Galneryus, it's a real nice change from the previous games.