PDA

View Full Version : CTD Every Launch

LoneTophat
11-22-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm posting this here because I doubt Ubisoft will get back to me over the holidays, and I've already waited a day (which is what they said it would take).
Here's my support ticket. If you can help me get this game to run I'll be in your debt guys:

I installed Assassin's Creed 3 today, on the day of the release, and experienced a CTD (Crash to Desktop) immediately after running the game. This happened both in safe mode and out of safe mode. I've tried running uplay in compatibility mode, the game still crashed immediately after being ran. I've included my computer's specs below so you can better troubleshoot the issue. I believe I met all of the required specs to run the game, but correct me if I'm wrong. I've had no problem running other triple A titles of this caliber on high and ultra recently. I've updated my Catalyst Control Center (deals with my graphics drivers), and still no change. I've re-installed the game, verified the integrity of the files through steam, and come across the same problem. I've tried launching the game through Steam, the icon, and straight from the Uplay launcher, it makes no difference. Ubisoft is known for it's quality games, and I expected to have that same quality transfer over to my digital PC version of Assassin's Creed 3. I'm obviously frustrated after doing some troubleshooting of my own to no avail. Please respond soon as I'd like to enjoy the game your teams no doubt worked hard on for quite awhile. Here's hoping you have a solution for my issue.

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Gateway
Model FX6840
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 916 GB
Disk partition (C:) 412 GB Free (916 GB Total)
Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Total available graphics memory 4859 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 3835 MB
Display adapter driver version 9.2.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1600x900
DirectX version DirectX 10