PDA

View Full Version : [spoilers] The most non-biased american Revolution game to date.

bigbssbalrog
11-22-2012, 12:03 AM
It gave me a smile when I saw Shaun calling out Desmond for thinking all the British where evil, also the way they portrayed Washington gave me another smile.
Overall I think they did a excellent job portraying this conflict.

Jexx21
11-22-2012, 12:10 AM
The first non-RTS American Revolution game also.

the_heat11
11-22-2012, 12:11 AM
The first non-RTS American Revolution game also.
lol that is so true

Assassin_M
11-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Sooo....When`s the "BOOM BOOM GAME IS BIASED" wagon coming ?

montagemik
11-22-2012, 12:19 AM
It gave me a smile when I saw Shaun calling out Desmond for thinking all the British where evil, also the way they portrayed Washington gave me another smile.
Overall I think they did a excellent job portraying this conflict.

Kind of funny Sam adams & the great Washington were cowards & liars rolled into one .........No better than those they overthrew & all for the pursuit of power . What are the chances of that happening today ? ;)

montagemik
11-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Sooo....When`s the "BOOM BOOM GAME IS BIASED" wagon coming ?

It's actually pretty accurate - Only connor saw both sides for what they really were - but too late .

Assassin_M
11-22-2012, 12:27 AM
It's actually pretty accurate - Only connor saw both sides for what they really were - but too late .
Ah Well..That`s what we fan-boys think..
The game is actually biased according to the so called "Silent majority" of "true ac fans"

We Fan-boys are just dumb Idiots..

lightlamp
11-22-2012, 12:46 AM
I agree this game isn't biased at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nnBdz_AAQ-A#t=289s

Assassin_M
11-22-2012, 12:56 AM
I agree this game isn't biased at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nnBdz_AAQ-A#t=289s
See ??

We`re all just Idiotic Fan-boys..

This guy is Intelligent..

kriegerdesgottes
11-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Kind of funny Sam adams & the great Washington were cowards & liars rolled into one .........No better than those they overthrew & all for the pursuit of power . What are the chances of that happening today ? ;)

I don't know what game you are playing but that is not the representation that I saw. It just showed the events that took place and put connor in them. The only thing Washington did that was seen as evil was ordering the Indians to be destroyed and their homes burned which he actually did for the exact reasons that he said in the game, they were siding with the British and attacking colonials.

lightlamp
11-22-2012, 01:06 PM
See ??

We`re all just Idiotic Fan-boys..

This guy is Intelligent..
Instead of insulting me. You can at least try to prove me wrong.

LightRey
11-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Instead of insulting me. You can at least try to prove me wrong.
I'm sorry, but that's a fallacy. You're the one with the burden of evidence. He shouldn't be trying to prove you wrong, you should be trying to prove yourself right.

lightlamp
11-22-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm sorry, but that's a fallacy. You're the one with the burden of evidence. He shouldn't be trying to prove you wrong, you should be trying to prove yourself right.
Ok then.Can you watch the video i posted and then tell me this game isn't biased?

LightRey
11-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Ok then.Can you watch the video i posted and then tell me this game isn't biased?
I could, but I'm really not that interested and I'm in class (during a break) right now, so I can't just go watch random videos.

Besides, I've played the game, 100%-ed it even, I've seen it's not biased and I doubt a random video is going to change my mind.

montagemik
11-22-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't know what game you are playing but that is not the representation that I saw. It just showed the events that took place and put connor in them. The only thing Washington did that was seen as evil was ordering the Indians to be destroyed and their homes burned which he actually did for the exact reasons that he said in the game, they were siding with the British and attacking colonials.

I played Assassin creed 3 - the one where Sam adams decided to tell the patriots the english fired first in order to gain the peoples backing for their own cause - Despite NOBODY actually knowing who fired first.
I Saw Washington too cowardly to challenge directly anyone he suspected of disloyalty for fear of repurcussions on his control or the overall cause.
I Saw washington ask connor to do his dirty work while screwing over connors tribe - despite knowing connors village wanted nothing to do with it in reality & chose to give LEE a slap on the wrist for his part in events - nothing more.

Basically Washington & adams went with general demand , regardless of the facts they actually had. And later went on to permit far greater injustices against connors people & others in the New world in the name of patriotism & freedom.
(maybe ask WHY the natives were attacking the colonials - Did they not enjoy being 2nd class citizens or having their land stolen - DANG HOW RUDE OF THE NATIVES . lol)

WHY ?? .... Is that not what was shown in your game also ?? , maybe ask Ubisoft then, or the Historians they researched these real events with.

Although Connor played no part in these events in REALITY - The events shown are accurate in all other respects according to history.

Kaiskune
11-22-2012, 02:21 PM
to be honest I do struggle to see how game is supposed to not be biased even slightly to the patriots. granted its no "connor did not kill patriots" but I'm yet to see a mission when you inadvertently or purposely assist the loyalists (the american attempt at annexing canada would have been perfect for this and within the games year range). and a set of non-canon DLC missions does not equal out the games neutrality in my opinion

out of 12 sequences you only have 2 where you have no other choice to be fight the patriots. one you are still working as a patriot lackey (and I have to add rewards for you NOT butchering your way through the mission) and the other is when he finally realizes he's a fool for taking sides. and you kill all of 5 messengers and a half dozen natives

"let the patriots fight their war, I'm only here for the templar"

that line quelled much of the hysteria over the early production of AC3 but by the half way point I was finding it harder and harder to see that attitude. by sequence 9 it seemed Connor was at the beck and call of the patriots

don't get me wrong its a decent game, not the best AC but definitely not the worst. but it ultimately fails to revive the neutral attitude of the assassins that made the first game so appealing

montagemik
11-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Connors story Isn't finished YET - He still has to deal with 'The tyranny of king george' DLC , & Attacking patriots in the main launch game was never going to be a popular move now was it ?

Connor isn't finished & he is No friend of Mr washington anymore. Wait & see what happens before final judgment. the story isn't finished.

LightRey
11-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Connors story Isn't finished YET - He still has to deal with 'The tyranny of king george' DLC , & Attacking patriots in the main launch game was never going to be a popular move now was it ?

Connor isn't finished & he is No friend of Mr washington anymore. Wait & see what happens before final judgment. the story isn't finished.
That DLC is non-canon.

Kaiskune
11-22-2012, 03:37 PM

I'm sorry but I fail to see the logic in that. butchering your way though red coats like its going out of fashion is all fine and dandy but you spill the blood of a single blue coat and suddenly its out of line?
was having mission against both warring parties not what the assassin's creed community wanted? even the few Americans I talk to on live say they were disappointed by the lack of missions against the patriots.

as has been said before the DLC is non-canon and therefore completely optional. its not like the Prothean DLC of mass effect 3 which was vital to the story. it ultimately has nothing to with connors story and will probably be worked into the game as a simulation introduced by the people hacking into the memory once you've completed the game.

MasterAssasin84
11-22-2012, 04:09 PM

You really need to eloborate as to why this game is biased ?,

Firstly The American revolution was all about freedom and justice and as a brit yes this country did some awfull during the war of independence so its no suprise that the natives rose up against us and we got beat simple , this is historical fact not a tasteless attempt to ridicule Brits and Americans.

The War of independence went in the patriots favour so i cant see why the game is biased .

lightlamp
11-22-2012, 04:34 PM
You really need to eloborate as to why this game is biased ?,

Of the top of my head.

The only British people that are friendly to Connor are Against the British themselves
An assassin recruit mission just involves you following this guy around insulting redcoats and them killing them all for no reason
The fort liberation missions (taking the forts then ejecting the British out and replacing them with patriots)
Only having to kill 5 Patriots in the main story
The use of flags in this game (fort missions make you take down the British one and replace it with a colonial one) and also taking out a ship. Connor offers to raise the colonial flag over it
Hell even down to making us wait for a patch so it comes out on thanksgiving.
That is why i think this game is biased

Funbun777
11-22-2012, 04:41 PM

I wouldent say that there no longer friends he plays that mini game In new York with him and acts pretty friendly

Plus it seems that washginton regrets the village thing

montagemik
11-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Of the top of my head.

The only British people that are friendly to Connor are Against the British themselves
An assassin recruit mission just involves you following this guy around insulting redcoats and them killing them all for no reason
The fort liberation missions (taking the forts then ejecting the British out and replacing them with patriots)
The use of flags in this game (fort missions make you take down the British one and replace it with a colonial one) and also taking out a ship. Connor offers to raise the colonial flag over it

That's not biased - that's the whole premise of the time period used - IT WAS THE WAR OF INDEPENDANCE ...........Should we re-write history so the redcoats win & hoist the Union flags in the forts instead ??
Get a grip or read up on your history.

The 'mad chef' is insulting redcoats because they turfed him & associates out of their own properties - So he was rightfully annoyed with the british troops.
Did you play without sound or without looking at the cutscenes or something ??

I'm English / British & i'm stating here ,The game is pretty accurate to historical events, WE LOST - move on. :p

montagemik
11-22-2012, 04:54 PM
I wouldent say that there no longer friends he plays that mini game In new York with him and acts pretty friendly

Plus it seems that washginton regrets the village thing

YEP & Connor 'beats him at his own game' - Did you get that point ?? (wait for the dlc outcome - i doubt he's helping George)

lightlamp
11-22-2012, 04:54 PM
That's not biased - that's the whole premise of the time period used - IT WAS THE WAR OF INDEPENDANCE ...........Should we re-write history so the redcoats win & hoist the Union flags in the forts instead ??
Get a grip or read up on your history.

The 'mad chef' is insulting redcoats because they turfed him & associates out of their own properties - So he was rightfully annoyed with the british troops.
Did you play without sound or without looking at the cutscenes or something ??

I'm English / British & i'm stating here ,The game is pretty accurate to historical events, WE LOST - move on. :p
So what your saying is Connor is on the side of the Patriots? what happened to fighting on both sides of the war?

MasterAssasin84
11-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Of the top of my head.

Thats hardly being Biased , thanksgiving stems from independence day so i could not think of a more better time to release a patch or any type of content .

lightlamp
11-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Thats hardly being Biased , thanksgiving stems from independence day so i could not think of a more better time to release a patch or any type of content .What would make this game biased then?

montagemik
11-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Pretending the English didn't have it coming in the first place would extremely biased. .

Connor wrongly as it happened help strengthen the patriot cause in order to get near the targets he wanted - The templars .
Who won the war was irrelevant to him as long as he achieved his own goals & protected his people.
But things bit him on the backside as it happened - & he learned 1 was no better than the other - TOO LATE

lightlamp
11-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Pretending the English didn't have it coming in the first place .

Connor wrongly as it happened help strengthen the patriot cause in order to get near the targets he wanted - The templars .
So why didn't he kill Charles Lee when he had the chance when they were together with Washington?

DTfunjumper
11-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Atually i must admit that Washington doesn't look too good in this game, making him a coward and a liar WAS actually quite nice to see. I am quite a history fan und looking at Washingtons records he seriously was not the best general or the friendliest guy!

lightlamp
11-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Atually i must admit that Washington doesn't look too good in this game, making him a coward and a liar WAS actually quite nice to see. I am quite a history fan und looking at Washingtons records he seriously was not the best general or the friendliest guy!
And i have seen quite a few threads on here complaining about him not being portrayed as a god

montagemik
11-22-2012, 05:40 PM
So why didn't he kill Charles Lee when he had the chance when they were together with Washington?

Because Mr adams or Achilles persuades him not to i think - & it could well have forced the other templars into hiding well away from connors reach if he had , The templars had many methods of influence at the time , Connor only had limited methods of getting near the ones he wanted .
LEE may have been connors main personal preferance of target - But Grandmaster haytham was the Assassin's guild main priority to cancel their influence in the territories

Baked_Cookies
11-22-2012, 05:52 PM
The only thing in the game that I thought was a little odd is the fact that its the 1700's and yet there is hardly but like twice maybe three times that slaves are mentioned. Now of course slavery was purely wrong and I understand it would have been a touchy situation to talk about more in the game. But I thought there would be at least some kind of mission based around possibly setting slaves free or at least more mentioning of slavery. Other than that the way the portrayed most things in this game were very well put together but a huge part of history back then such as slavery was almost entirely over looked do to knowing people would get butt hurt if they added something more about it regardless of what it might be,

pirate1802
11-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Slavery plays a sizable role in AC3: Liberation from what I've heard.

bigbssbalrog
11-23-2012, 01:16 AM
And i have seen quite a few threads on here complaining about him not being portrayed as a god
Hmmm interesting, any chance you can link those please :)

lightlamp
11-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Hmmm interesting, any chance you can link those please :)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/723427-George-Washinton-s-Portrayal

That was the only one i posted in but there were about 2 more i think. There was also a lot of comments on the AC Facebook page complaining about the DLC

Kardall79
11-23-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't get it.

Assassin's Creed II was set in the Renaissance period in Italy. And while the historical characters are not portrayed to the extent in the second one, they do die. But the focus was put more on the story around the Templar's, rather than the local history.

If they did the same thing for AC3, I think it would actually be kind of boring. It'd be a rehash of the same game pretty much, with a US setting. I am actually glad they did it the way they did. I don't know much about American History (even though in Canada we had to take it in school...) and from what I remember I don't recall dates and exact details.

The beginning video with the disclaimer about based on historical events, basically tells you that you will be going through events, but they aren't going to be 100% factual. It's like watching a Hollywood movie based on a Historical event. It will be blown out of proportions to make it intriguing to watch and in this case play.

You may not care about History, but you know what. You are playing the game through it, trying to get the Templar's and stop them from doing something in the States. During all of this, you are basically participating in the Revolution on one side or the other or however the game goes (haven't passed sequence 6).

So far, I don't think they went overboard. You are immersing yourself in someone's history. When you were in Italy you weren't *****ing about having to deal with the Pope were you?