PDA

View Full Version : Dear Dev team at Ubisoft

Ranger3bn
11-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Dear Dev team,

I understand you are under the impression that you must have a online component to be considered successful. Therefore please consider my view and those with whom I have contact with that play this game. It is not an automated prerequisite to success if you put multi player in your game. This fact is more relevant in.the case of the Assassin's Creed franchise. I know my views on this matter might not be the census of the majority however, to say that campaign mode should not be the main focus of your talent in resources would either be a lie or bad fiction.

My plight and others I have spoken with is that there seems to be more bugs and glitches in this latest installment of ACIII than any other one to date. I understand that you are working with a new game engine so, there will be some growing pains there however, it would appear that more focus was placed on MP and as such the SP has suffered quite a bit. Even with the patch that just came out ( X Box Live ) I am still seeing some of the same issues I did before the patch. For example:

1) Still getting double and tripple characters of Achilles in the house when I am visiting him in between missions.

2) Still getting the following on screen notices: " acquired 1 weapon" , acquired shard of Eden, and "citizen mission item acquired." This is happens each and everything in I move between different map locations or have to load a mission.

3) lock picking mechanic is still inconsistent across the whole of game play.

4) Side mission are not coming available even if you meet all requirements needed.Example: brawler tournament in Boston.

5) Notoriety reduction posters are still beng able to be interactive with player when notoriety is in incognito and notoriety is zero .

6) notoriety level still remaining high in the frontier with no way to lower it or remove it completely.

7) Assassins are still getting injured when called to help player in a fight by falling in water. Note: not being push or hit by any enemies.

8) Saddle bags equipment fail to replenish player.

I understand you wanted to add replay ability to the franchise and MP to SOME titles can do just that however, it should now come at the cost of the story mode. This is a specially important when it comes to Assassins Creed.

Please do not lose focus on SP to move MP to the forefront.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Assuming Single Player suffers because of the Multiplayer is an EXTREMELY misinformed opinion..

i.e wrong

the_heat11
11-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Dear Dev team,

I understand you are under the impression that you must have a online component to be considered successful. Therefore please consider my view and those with whom I have contact with that play this game. It is not an automated prerequisite to success if you put multi player in your game. This fact is more relevant in.the case of the Assassin's Creed franchise. I know my views on this matter might not be the census of the majority however, to say that campaign mode should not be the main focus of your talent in resources would either be a lie or bad fiction.

My plight and others I have spoken with is that there seems to be more bugs and glitches in this latest installment of ACIII than any other one to date. I understand that you are working with a new game engine so, there will be some growing pains there however, it would appear that more focus was placed on MP and as such the SP has suffered quite a bit. Even with the patch that just came out ( X Box Live ) I am still seeing some of the same issues I did before the patch. For example:

1) Still getting double and tripple characters of Achilles in the house when I am visiting him in between missions.

2) Still getting the following on screen notices: " acquired 1 weapon" , acquired shard of Eden, and "citizen mission item acquired." This is happens each and everything in I move between different map locations or have to load a mission.

3) lock picking mechanic is still inconsistent across the whole of game play.

4) Side mission are not coming available even if you meet all requirements needed.Example: brawler tournament in Boston.

5) Notoriety reduction posters are still beng able to be interactive with player when notoriety is in incognito and notoriety is zero .

6) notoriety level still remaining high in the frontier with no way to lower it or remove it completely.

7) Assassins are still getting injured when called to help player in a fight by falling in water. Note: not being push or hit by any enemies.

I understand you wanted to add replay ability to the franchise and MP to SOME titles can do just that however, it should now come at the cost of the story mode. This is a specially important when it comes to Assassins Creed.

Please do not lose focus on SP to move MP to the forefront.
I agree with you and that the game should have been more polished before being released, however I also appreciate that ubisoft is at least TRYING.
They have fixed most of the bugs bothering players and, although the ones you mentioned can still be annoying, they are definitely not game breaking and can easily be overlooked by a player just wanting to have fun. However, I couldn't agree more about how SP should get more attention than MP.

kriegerdesgottes
11-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Assuming Single Player suffers because of the Multiplayer is an EXTREMELY misinformed opinion..

i.e wrong

I would agree that MP does not cause SP to suffer but I do think that the effort being put into MP by the MP team is misplaced and would be better used in the SP portion somehow but that's just me. I know there are people out there who enjoy the MP so to each his own I guess.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 11:34 PM
I would agree that MP does not cause SP to suffer but I do think that the effort being put into MP by the MP team is misplaced and would be better used in the SP portion somehow but that's just me. I know there are people out there who enjoy the MP so to each his own I guess.
Perhaps. Because you do not enjoy MP..

I`m sure others who enjoy MP think it`s correctly placed. Since AC III`s MP has had a better reception than last year

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 11:51 PM
I like the AC MP and feel like it would be a dis-service to the franchise to remove it.

montagemik
11-21-2012, 11:54 PM
MP will always be popular - Because it's easier to boost accomplishments , Which is part of the reason Revelations MP had less players from what i heard during many games of revelations MP - gamers were bored of stacked playing groups towards the back end of Brotherhoods MP reign & Revelations carried straight on the same way.

You can't invite 3 friends along to help with the trickier parts or achievements in SP can you . LOL
seriously , i know many people who bought this game just for MP primarily - $60 to achieve in only 30% of the game , impressive huh LOL. .

They're both fun elements - but should be kept in proportion & perspective. (MP didn't make the series what it is or carry it this far alone - Developers should remember this)

ACfan443
11-22-2012, 12:01 AM

You've got one studio working on MP, while countless others are all focused on SP. And to be honest, not that much of an effort went into multiplayer anyway, it's a copy and paste with new cosmetics

(Still love it though)

Ranger3bn
11-22-2012, 12:32 AM

i.e wrong

I have to question your version of correct analysis in regards to my post. To get a better understanding as to how you are coming up with your assumption that I am "EXTREMELY misinformed" at least fill me in as to when you were in charge of a project that has as many moving parts as a game development cycle. I how did you manage work load, staffing, project audits, payroll, and deadlines just to name a few parts. I think that is the best way I know of , if I am going to attempt to see some form of validity from you. Anything else from you would be at best wild speculation. I am not trying to come off as a pretentious type of individual however, your claims are very perplexing to say the least.

BTW: I was RVP for T Mobile and was in charge of the complete rollout of the 4G marketing plan for the entire western seaboard. This included direct supervision of all corporate and franchise locations from Seattle to San Diego and over 522 employees. I could go on down my resume however, I believe you get the point.

Assassin_M
11-22-2012, 12:36 AM
I was have to question your version of correct analysis in regards to my post. To get a better understanding as to how you are coming up with your assumption that I am "EXTREMELY misinformed" at least fill me in as to when you were in charge of a project that has as many moving parts as a game development cycle. I how did you manage work load, staffing, project audits, payroll, deadlines. I think that is the best way I can attempt to see some form of validity from you. Anyway else from you would be at best wild speculation. I am not trying to come off as a pretentious type of individual however, your claims are very perplexing to say the least.

BTW: I was RVP for T Mobile and was in charge of the complete rollout of the 4G marketing plan for the entire western seaboard. This included direct supervision of all corporate and franchise locations from Seattle to San Diego and over 522 employees. I could go on down my resume however, I believe you get the point.
Do you know how many Studios work on the SP ? How many Studios work on the MP ? How many Studios worked on AC II ? (Game without Multiplayer) And how many studios NOW work on SP ?

6 Studios worked on the SP of AC III and only one works on the MP. 4 Studios worked on AC II (A game without MP) So Do the math...The number of Studios working on SP is actually increasing..