PDA

View Full Version : Low fps in some locations - probably found a reason

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

spectatorx
11-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Ok, my message been lost in other thread and not many may answer to it so i decided to create seperate topic ;-)

Hm... i'm looking at files of game and i have some suspicious about low fps and need some clarification. My question to all you gamers:

Do you have huge framedrop at any or all these maps listed below? If yes so please specify exact maps you had low fps. List of suspected maps:
- Boston (ok, i already know this one is serious problem )
- Frontier
- Homestead
- New York

If constant framedrop happens in other locations, pls, specify them. I think i know the reason but i need to make sure myself with your reports. Also welcome are configurations of your PCs, especially amounts of ram and amount of ram on gpu and gpu name.

BzkGB
11-21-2012, 08:30 PM
My copy should arrive tomorrow morning (if I'm lucky). I'm very likely to experience problems so I'll be sure to post my information and specs in this topic.

Hope you've figure it out, for all of our sakes! Btw, are you an AMD/ATI card user too?

spectatorx
11-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes, i'm radeon user too. And also will get my game tomorrow :D

BzkGB
11-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Yes, i'm radeon user too. And also will get my game tomorrow :D

Mind if I ask which card you're using? It's probably much better than mine, but still.

If you figure out a solution I'll build of a statue of you in my garden. Just sayin'

erayerdogan
11-21-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm Shapphire HD 6870 user and FPS constantly drops in Boston.Same problem.

spectatorx
11-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Probably i know cause and way to fix requires few changes by developers.

Here is radeon msi hd6850 oc power edition 1GB :D So far it had problems only with metro 2033, crysis 2 and nfs most wanted (2012) :D Rest games i tested were running in full detail without problems and good fps ;-)

@erayerdogan, pls, specify how much ram u have and how much ram your gpu have too.

BobStickman
11-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I am using a Radeon 6850 / 6GB RAM / Intel core 2 quad Q8200 @ 2.33

Receiving low fps in open areas such as Boston.
I even updated to the latest AMD beta drivers 12.11(8) and am still receiving low FPS even with all graphical settings turned down.

DejanDominic
11-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Same here i have Radeon 6870 1gb/intel i3 540 3.06/4GB RAM In boston i have 11-30 FPS and i have 12.11 beta driver i try to put everything at low but is not fix it.At ship i have 40-70 xD

Jacobah
11-21-2012, 08:47 PM
For me the "Environment Quality" setting is the most demanding. I have everything set to max except environment quality and AA, which is on high but not very high. Environment quality seems to just mean draw distance, and draw distance is always demanding in games, especially with the ridiculous amount of NPCs they have this time around. I also heard that this game has tessellation on PC (http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/16/assassins-creed-3-pc/), which is also a very demanding process, but there's no way to turn it off. If it is indeed in the game, that would definitely explain why it's so demanding. I have no doubt that if that's the case, then having the ability to turn it off would allow most people with mid to high machines to max every other setting.

My Specs:
GPU: GTX 670 4GB
CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

erayerdogan
11-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Probably i know cause and way to fix requires few changes by developers.

Here is radeon msi hd6850 oc power edition 1GB :D So far it had problems only with metro 2033, crysis 2 and nfs most wanted (2012) :D Rest games i tested were running in full detail without problems and good fps ;-)

@erayerdogan, pls, specify how much ram u have and how much ram your gpu have too.

I have 4 gb ram kingston ddr3-1333 mhz

DerelictHuman
11-21-2012, 08:54 PM
4 gigs is enough. Speed, however, has very little to do with the performance. 2-3 FPS, tops.

hitman47222
11-21-2012, 09:01 PM
6850 / 8GB OF RAM / FX-6100

But horrible FPS in boston. Hoping u can fix this.

spectatorx
11-21-2012, 09:05 PM
What about other mentioned maps? Do they also give you as low fps as Boston do? Especially frontier, if this one has lower fps it mean the reason is kinda silly and will post it after few more reports from you guys ;-)

Mr_Shade
11-21-2012, 09:05 PM
I think i know the reason but i need to make sure myself with your reports.So, what do you think is the reason?

I can pass on your assumptions to the team, it may help.

spectatorx
11-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Shade, i need few more reports to make myself sure, i do not want to give any wrong info.

hitman47222
11-21-2012, 09:08 PM
6850 / 8GB OF RAM / FX-6100

But horrible FPS in boston. Hoping u can fix this.

I have played up to sequence 6

Worst performance where its unbearable is in boston.
Homestad is mostly good FPS
The frontier is a bit laggy but not as bad as boston and its quite bearable TBH

Also , If you have info on the reason. Just please share it. Even if its wrong or silly its better than nothing which is what we have right now.

Mr_Shade
11-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Shade, i need few more reports to make myself sure, i do not want to give any wrong info.Well if you are thinking it's related to DX11 / features - since those maps carry a DX11 file name, the game is hard coded to use DX11.. and can't be disabled.

People have found this thread helped - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/727543-PC-Performance-Help-(AMD-Radeon-users-only)?p=8715068&viewfull=1#post8715068

Shows how to tweak your graphics settings - some reported better frame rates afterwards.

prkgln
11-21-2012, 09:14 PM
So, what do you think is the reason?

I can pass on your assumptions to the team, it may help.

Turning on Eagle Vision solves all of my performance problems in Boston. That makes me suspect it's has something to do with buggy lighting code, since I don't think that Eagle vision messes with shadows, textures, or draw distance.

Anyway, that should help you narrow it down a lot, since i'm certain that whatever is causing problems is something that is disabled when eagle vision is on.

jhewt.sp
11-21-2012, 09:18 PM
I do not have a DX11 card and I can play the game, but at the same framelike with a card that SUPPORTS DX11.

spectatorx
11-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Shade, imo dx11 is not a reason, in a bit it is but not main reason, if u know what i mean xD ha ha :D

@prkgln , as i told you via pm game runs better with eagle vision only 'cos it is low detailed in this state and similar effect you can get by lowering all setting to minumum.

DejanDominic
11-21-2012, 09:21 PM
with eagle vision on i get 30-40 but ac3 crash to dekstop ;)

spectatorx
11-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Ha ha ha ha :-) Really nice bug :D

Mr_Shade
11-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Shade, imo dx11 is not a reason, in a bit it is but not main reason, if u know what i mean xD ha ha :D

Well if you have any idea, you should pass it on - so the team can check.

The sooner the better for everyone.

jhewt.sp
11-21-2012, 09:25 PM
It looks like there is not backface culling at all

prkgln
11-21-2012, 09:28 PM

@prkgln , as i told you via pm game runs better with eagle vision only 'cos it is low detailed in this state and similar effect you can get by lowering all setting to minumum.

I get roughly the same performance regardless of settings (only terrain detail or w/e has a negative impact if set to very high). Even with everything minimum, i get much better frames with eagle vision. It's obvious that whatever is causing the issue is something or a combination of things that are toned down when eagle vision is turned on.

Does eagle vision mess with all parameters, or just some? That's something only developers know.

From looking at it, draw distance and npc ammount seems the same, so no issue there. Shadows are still there. Textures aren't scaled down. AA is still there. The only thing that seems to change are lighting, post processing, and reflections. This is highly indicative that whatever the problem is, it stems from one of those variables.

This also seems to be a problem only on ATi hardware, or at least the majority seem to utilize it (as well as I).

lorik2010
11-21-2012, 10:07 PM
The sluggish performance comes from poor CPU core optimization ,it doesn't matter how many cores you have the game was not designed to take advantage of multiple cores ,but what the dev team can do is incorporate a draw distance slider since far away draw distance is taxing the CPU more than it needs to ,if we could only shorten draw distance im sure it would help with the performance.

spectatorx
11-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Shortening draw distance is never a solution, for example let's take ac2, ****, that was performing good but low draw distance can make everyone sick 'cos of popping-out and in textures and whole objects.

SKYYHIGH59
11-21-2012, 10:15 PM
i get massive fps drops at the arivall in boston so it gets unplayabel
my specs : radeon 6970, intel q6600, 3 gigs of ram

rmartinezdl
11-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Same here bad performance, regardless of even resolution, mot games I turn down resolution to 720p or even 1024x600 and i run fine,

dont get me wrong the game looks AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL THANK YOU THIS TIME UBISOFT, i love the game

now I can even set the game to 1080p and only lose 1-5 fps no kidding, theres a huge problem here, lowering the resolution should increase performance like crazy, but i tried from 800x600, steady 30 fps(idk if vsyn is always turned on since there sno option to disable it) to 1080p steady 20-22 fps, 8 fps for a huge resolution change, yeah somethins wrong.
What I noticed is that in MULTIPLAYER I get almost the same performance i got in acr, +40fps and the draw distance is almost the same as single player, and even there i have post procesing and 720p, so theres something wrong, the fact that MP and SP have different graphics options lead me think that there were 2 dev teams, (great mp team, and a lil lazy sp team xD)

still loving the game, hope we can figure this out, great game enjoying it a lot (preordered by the way, where my reward!!)

diwas13
11-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Same here bad performance, regardless of even resolution, mot games I turn down resolution to 720p or even 1024x600 and i run fine,

dont get me wrong the game looks AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL THANK YOU THIS TIME UBISOFT, i love the game

now I can even set the game to 1080p and only lose 1-5 fps no kidding, theres a huge problem here, lowering the resolution should increase performance like crazy, but i tried from 800x600, steady 30 fps(idk if vsyn is always turned on since there sno option to disable it) to 1080p steady 20-22 fps, 8 fps for a huge resolution change, yeah somethins wrong.
What I noticed is that in MULTIPLAYER I get almost the same performance i got in acr, +40fps and the draw distance is almost the same as single player, and even there i have post procesing and 720p, so theres something wrong, the fact that MP and SP have different graphics options lead me think that there were 2 dev teams, (great mp team, and a lil lazy sp team xD)

still loving the game, hope we can figure this out, great game enjoying it a lot (preordered by the way, where my reward!!)

When you lower resolution significantly like you did, it eases the workload for the GPU which results in a CPU bottleneck. So unless you have a monster cpu with a good overclock you'll see no fps gains and more often fps drops. If you have a good mid-high end gpu always play at a high resoluiton.

DejanDominic
11-21-2012, 10:39 PM
cmone fix already :(

hitman47222
11-21-2012, 10:53 PM
So spectatorx.. What is your reason?

DejanDominic
11-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Yea tell us your reason? :D

hitman47222
11-21-2012, 11:02 PM
I feel like he is trolling :D :D :D. No offense bro :)

spectatorx
11-21-2012, 11:18 PM
I didn't get enough reports from you... Especially about other locations, not only Boston.
I'll be able to test the game by myself tomorrow.

GameFreak65
11-21-2012, 11:22 PM
is it better on nvidia cards?

hitman47222
11-21-2012, 11:27 PM

Not sure. But at least Nvidia released a driver for to improve performance.. While ATI did nothing.

Also i am afraid we wont be seeing a patch for PC soon since they are still working in bringing some patch to the consoles next week. Doubt they will start working on a diff patch till then.

ChandlerUSMC
11-21-2012, 11:27 PM

I don't have significant performance issues in Boston with a GTX 580. It will, however, drop below 60 regularly. 55-59 or so.

abains007
11-21-2012, 11:31 PM
played well until boston, low fps made the game near unplayable. which is unplayable, because i have been waiting a while for this game and want to enjoy it. prob 20 fps in boston.

Intel core duo 3.00 ghz
8 gb ram
radeon 4850

not the best specs i know, but if early game ran fine?

thanks to all who are working on this.

leroy19852010
11-21-2012, 11:33 PM
ive been reading the fps threads for last few days and can give you the reports, cities is the problem, and as someone else said view distence, world quality wich gives more viewing distence, anyone notice if you go to a busy place in boston, try high up with dig draw distence, watch frame rate drop, then go into over the shoulder view, the fps goes straight back up, this tells me its also too many npcs because over shoulder gives less fov, not s many npcs,this is from my own conclusions after reading all the console fps threads and i have the 360 version, is its stupid amount of npcs, and view distence , there the problems, so whats youre solution?

also nvidia players defo get better performence but then i suppose they would because they allready released decent drivers, not saying thats goes for all nvidia users as ive seen some with monsters complaining, unless you know a way to turn down the unmber of npcs, im suprised no ones started tweaking the ini file, or is the engine untweakable?

TriNity-GER
11-22-2012, 12:23 AM
ive been reading the fps threads for last few days and can give you the reports, cities is the problem, and as someone else said view distence, world quality wich gives more viewing distence, anyone notice if you go to a busy place in boston, try high up with dig draw distence, watch frame rate drop, then go into over the shoulder view, the fps goes straight back up, this tells me its also too many npcs because over shoulder gives less fov, not s many npcs,this is from my own conclusions after reading all the console fps threads and i have the 360 version, is its stupid amount of npcs, and view distence , there the problems, so whats youre solution?

also nvidia players defo get better performence but then i suppose they would because they allready released decent drivers, not saying thats goes for all nvidia users as ive seen some with monsters complaining, unless you know a way to turn down the unmber of npcs, im suprised no ones started tweaking the ini file, or is the engine untweakable?

I tried to tweak the ini file, but there are 8 options. So tell me how to tweak it efficiently?

AdapterVendorID=4098
AdapterDeviceID=26424
MonitorDesc=\\?\DISPLAY#SAM07D6#5&8598531&1&UID265#{e6f07b5f-ee97-4a90-b076-33f57bf4eaa7}
DisplayWidth=1920
DisplayHeight=1080
RefreshRate=60
MultiSampleType=0
VSync=0
EnvironmentQuality=2
TextureQuality=1
ShadowQuality=0

The ACR ini file had 13 options:

AdapterVendorID=4098
AdapterDeviceID=26424
MonitorDesc=PnP-Monitor (Standard)
DisplayWidth=1920
DisplayHeight=1080
RefreshRate=60
MultiSampleType=8
VSync=1
EnvironmentQuality=5
TextureQuality=2
ShadowQuality=2
ReflectionQuality=3
CharacterQuality=4
PostFX=1
NVidia3DVisionSkyMode=0
DisableSkydomeFog=0

Both of them are my actual settings. ACR: 30-60 fps in cities; AC3: 10-20fps in cities. Rest is usually over 40fps up to ~87. Changing the options had no real impact on the fps.

To the TC: I have extreme frame dropping while looking or being inside Boston. FPS is fine on the ship and around Boston. I can't try other places because Boston. I wait 4 a fix...

leroy19852010
11-22-2012, 12:28 AM
yeah thats the ini file i seen too, sometimes they have 2 differnt ones but i couldnt find it in the usual places, unless theres any commands we can add, but i doubt it, and im no expert, i usualy just follow the instructions of others but ive also learnt alot just by doing that, i know all the obvious stuff and maybe some not so obvious stuff but am in no way an expert at this, usualy you get all the clever modders and stuff who get stuck into the ini files but im guessing this game has no tweaks

SKYYHIGH59
11-22-2012, 12:29 AM
bump for justice

leroy19852010
11-22-2012, 12:30 AM
maybe you could try adding some of the revelations ones, couldnt hurt, but probably cuz newer engine, allthough i heard its just an updated version so they might work, try adding the revelation ones or something maybe, just back up original

lol just looked at the revelation ini, and theres not really much to add anyway is there, and i doubt they would do anything, i know from past elder scrolls games you can use fallout tweaks that arnt in skyrims ini file and they work, i did it with ifpsclamp

TriNity-GER
11-22-2012, 12:37 AM
I'll try it in the afternoon(00:35 UTC+1 actually^^) math test today :/

abains007
11-22-2012, 12:38 AM
i tried that leroy. it worked and helped a little, but still would bog down when things started happening. smart solution tho!
oh yeah, revelations ran fine for me, super smooth.

thanks all!

DejanDominic
11-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Why AMD dont release new drivers

leroy19852010
11-22-2012, 12:54 AM
the things is he cant have any solution because the ini file has like 5 lines, all are ingame options apart from vsync, and pretty much everyone knows how to use ingame options and change resolution and ccc settings surely, apart from that there is no solution, if the ini file had like loads of options then id have some hope of someone making some tweaks

TriNity-GER
11-22-2012, 12:54 AM
I think that they're working on it...

BrandtBowling
11-22-2012, 01:08 AM
I'm running an A4-3300 processor with 4gb of ram and an ATI radeon hd 7750, I know its not the best set up but I was wondering if its my system why boston is only getting 16 fps or if its the game, i have settings all on normal, when i played on the ship and intro scene it was smooth (wasn't running fraps so i dont have fps numbers but i'd guess at least 40 since it wasn't very stuttery) so if anyone could tell me if its my set up or if its the game that'd help a ton

electrodelic92
11-22-2012, 05:54 AM
gtx660ti 2gb, amd960t, 6gb ram
boston only barely playable with environment set on low about 30-40 fps
other settings don't affect performance at all..

CasualMancer
11-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Posting to this thread as well, once I reached Boston, my fps dropped a ton.

My setup is only a week old, I would expect it to run AC3 more smoothly than this, especially since sequence 1 was absolutely perfect. Though I imagined some fps drops, I wasn't expecting it to be this much.

XFX HD7970 Double Dissipation GHz Ed. (FX-797G-TDFC)
Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 850W
Corsair CSSD-F240GBGT-BK
I7-3770k processor
Sabertooth z77 mainboard
8 GB Corsair Vengeance LP ddr3 memory

For the record, AC:B, Revelations etc. they all run smooth at maximum settings. Even w/ AA enabled.. which I left off in AC3 for the specific reason of not wanting to have any fps drops.

rmartinezdl
11-22-2012, 07:13 AM
and everyone is missing that MULTIPLAYER RUNS FINE, at least here with me, the only prlbem is that MULTIPLAYER IS BROKEN TOO, you cant log in, but graphics wise, it runs great, and looks great! at 720p, why cant single player be like that, multiplayer map arent that small and have a lot of npc's too! i sense sp is just a port because it has different graphical option and MP is a port from acr with updated graphics

Dr.buga
11-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Same here unplayble in boston

HD4870 Toxic

Quad Q9550

6GB RAM

these specs can run every game on high.

iloveacIII
11-22-2012, 08:17 AM
I always loved Ubisoft games, but this time they disappointed me very much. They released an incomplete and untested game, expecially for pc, since we are all having fps problems with the best PC. I hope they'll fix this problem too, and hope next time they will test more their products before releasing them (we waited more for PC release... And it is worst than expected.)

Sorry Ubisoft, you really made big mistakes this time.

Kal_the_hunter
11-22-2012, 11:06 AM
As i am reading these .ini files one user LoneTopHat posted his here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/727986-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Configurations-ini-File
i noticed his first line was [Graphics_DX11] (i had not bothered to see what was in the file since nothing seemed to work for you guys)
so i went into my one, changed that into DX10 and BAM 60FPS in boston (went to the Docks at the start to make sure it was not lagging) and holy sh*t it works!

Just like that..... Shame i can't get a prize for this golden information, which really everyone of you should have tried in the first place!
Also i turned tesselation of in my AMD control center by unticking the boxes and moving the slider to OFF maybe that will also help!
LoL

DejanDominic
11-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Dont work

longvehicle554
11-22-2012, 11:51 AM
shame that all high-end GPU users cant get performance.Some of my friends got 10-20 FPS in Boston with GTX 670 etc lol.I got HD 2400 Pro and I got the same performance ^^

Kal_the_hunter
11-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Did anyone try to change the MipMap details to high performance? afaik that may help solve some lag
also, i have the 11.8 AMD drivers O_o

erayerdogan
11-22-2012, 12:08 PM
what is mipMap details ?

Kal_the_hunter
11-22-2012, 12:23 PM
MipMaps are variously sized textures applied to 3d objects, lowering the amount of mipmaps means less GPU usage to display 3D objects, you can find it in your AMD control panel under Games > 3D settings, try turning them all to performance and see what it does

ecceau
11-22-2012, 01:24 PM
As i am reading these .ini files one user LoneTopHat posted his here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/727986-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Configurations-ini-File
i noticed his first line was [Graphics_DX11] (i had not bothered to see what was in the file since nothing seemed to work for you guys)
so i went into my one, changed that into DX10 and BAM 60FPS in boston (went to the Docks at the start to make sure it was not lagging) and holy sh*t it works!
LoL

When I change this in my ini file and make it read-only, the game will refuse to take the setting. Instead it creates its own (virtual) settings, with every setting reset to default (noticable mainly due to the standard resolution the game starts in). So how did you manage to start the game in DX10? Which version of Windows are you running?

anik_lc
11-22-2012, 01:42 PM
My specs:

Dual Core 2.7GHz
2GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD5670 1GB DDR3

Low FPS issues at:
Boston City gameplay

Currently at: Sequence 3. So not sure if this will happen in future. But, have anyone find out the reason? Will it be fixed with any of the patch?

lieuwa
11-22-2012, 02:30 PM
The first time I came to Boston, It lagged like hell! Hope there will have patch soon

MaceMagoo
11-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Well, I'm in Boston and no problems with framerate at all. Running on MSI GTX 570 OC Twin FrozR 3 1280MB GDDR5, Corsair 6GB DDR3, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz D0 OC'd to 3.40GHz and W7 HP 64 bit.

Grznqa18
11-22-2012, 02:51 PM
poor performance in Boston on my Phenom X4 + HD6770 about 15 fps. Also tested on a laptop with 2.8Ghz AMD A6 X4 with Radeon HD 6650 card and also the same. Very poor optimization

erayerdogan
11-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Well, I'm in Boston and no problems with framerate at all. Running on MSI GTX 570 OC Twin FrozR 3 1280MB GDDR5, Corsair 6GB DDR3, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz D0 OC'd to 3.40GHz and W7 HP 64 bit.

The point is problem is generally present with ATi Cards. :)

BzkGB
11-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Any luck, mate? I'm sure you received your copy today.

spectatorx
11-22-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm still waiting for my package, **** it... I do not know what's going on, yesterday i received an email from empik they sent my game. So... i do not see any other way than just keep on waiting for courier.

Maybe some templars are working at empik or dpd :D

cico_thebest69
11-22-2012, 04:18 PM
whatever... im also having this problem, in boston fps drop from 60 to 35-40. Using an HD 6950, i5 3570k, 8 GB RAM. Need a patch soon... very soon so i can finally play this game since i alredy waited 1 month to play it on PC

BzkGB
11-22-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm still waiting for my package, **** it... I do not know what's going on, yesterday i received an email from empik they sent my game. So... i do not see any other way than just keep on waiting for courier.

Argh, same here man! Apparently my package is currently 'in transit' with the courier - maybe it'll come today, maybe not.

spectatorx
11-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Templars! Templars everywhere!!! :D

ecceau
11-22-2012, 05:26 PM

What exactly does "no problems with framerate" mean for you? What's your overall rate in boston?

tijiragan
11-22-2012, 05:55 PM
I have a amd 4500m apu with 7640g(apu)+7670m(discrete) dual graphics.........
i was frustated earlier with the game performance and found out it was not only me....

So now either the game is perfectly fine after sequence 4....just before connor is handed over his uniform OR
this works

try this trick if you can....................

disable dual graphics mode from amd driver and run only on APU......just that

with dual graphics enabled my specs. from gpuz
7670m(discrete) max load=60%
7640g(apu) max load=90%

after dual graphics disabled
7670m(discrete) max load=94%http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/11/22/d04.png
7640g max load=95%http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/11/22/4m2.png

please let everybody know if this works 4 u..........i am amazingly happy now:cool:

leroy19852010
11-22-2012, 06:01 PM

so what was youre original thought? out of curiosity

spectatorx
11-22-2012, 06:18 PM
**** it... I've made a phone call to empik and they told me that all yestarday's packages they sent today not yesterday.... So i will have the game tomorrow... ffs.... I'm pissed with empik...Templars are in empik! :D I will find them all and stab in buttocks :D

Ok, if you all are asking so much so i will give you a part of my thoughts and i can say.... memory management issue.

But i still will be thankful for any information about your fps comparison Boston vs Frontier vs New York. Please give me more reports and i will post all details which are in my head about problem otherwise i will need to check out the game by myself and as you know it will be tomorrow or even later.

BzkGB
11-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Courier just arrived with my order. Will post back here when I run into problems (which is inevitable).

Sorry you had to wait for yours pal!

KronosJay
11-22-2012, 06:48 PM
I have a amd 4500m apu with 7640g(apu)+7670m(discrete) dual graphics.........
i was frustated earlier with the game performance and found out it was not only me....

So now either the game is perfectly fine after sequence 4....just before connor is handed over his uniform OR
this works

try this trick if you can....................

disable dual graphics mode from amd driver and run only on APU......just that

with dual graphics enabled my specs. from gpuz
7670m(discrete) max load=60%
7640g(apu) max load=90%

after dual graphics disabled
7670m(discrete) max load=94%http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/11/22/d04.png
7640g max load=95%http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/11/22/4m2.png

please let everybody know if this works 4 u..........i am amazingly happy now:cool:

How do I disable the Dual Graphics mode? Is it the Cross Fire feature? I'm using AMD Vision Radeon Dual Graphics. Plz let me know!

leroy19852010
11-22-2012, 07:41 PM
if you dont have a dual gpu it wont be enabled, no need to disable anything. pretty positive on that one, so thats useless for people with single cards

chynx1234
11-22-2012, 07:45 PM
So guys I happen to have the same problem as everyone has mentioned before. But, hear me out on this part.

My friend and I have the same setup in our computers. We have the same cpu a 3.2 ghz phenom 6 core. same everything else. But, one thing is different. It's our graphics cards. When he built his machine he bought a GTX 460 from Nvidia. I went with a higher end card, a AMD 6970. Which if have seen benchmarks and comparisons it, easily out perfoms a 460. But, what is striking me as odd is that his computer is having no trouble at all running the game at stable fps with higher settings than mine. This means its not the cpu, its the **** graphics cards. It's no doubt that the gpu is the problem. Yet, the reason is unclear. Why the performance issues on something that should run the game with no stress at all.

Before you ask, about the drivers, Yes they are the latest on both cards. Yes i have checked each setting to see what works and improves the fps even though no configuration resolves the issue.

This is as far as my knowledge goes when talking about what the problem is but, sadly i haven't a clue on how to fix this. It's just disappointing to see the support for AMD cards is lacking whereas nvidia has a wonderful world of joy when it comes to gaming.

Kal_the_hunter
11-22-2012, 07:55 PM
When I change this in my ini file and make it read-only, the game will refuse to take the setting. Instead it creates its own (virtual) settings, with every setting reset to default (noticable mainly due to the standard resolution the game starts in). So how did you manage to start the game in DX10? Which version of Windows are you running?

Vista :D
couldn't be bothered to upgrade.

KronosJay
11-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Yup...a lot of people mentionned that the game was running perfectly on Nvidia. Everyone with AMD seem to have FPS issues. I guess we have to wait for an update from AMD or an optimization from Ubi...i'm really disapointed :(

hitman47222
11-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Are people with 7xxx Cards also having problems?

I remember reading somewhere that DX11 does not work well with 6xxx cards.

TriNity-GER
11-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Are people with 7xxx Cards also having problems?

I remember reading somewhere that DX11 does not work well with 6xxx cards.

Nope, can't confirm this. Every DX11 game runs fine with my 6870!

And the tip with changing the ini to dx10 did not work for me. Not really. Got now 2-3fps more-.-

Jinemon18
11-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Same problems with my 6850
low fps at boston
**** ports from the consoles !!!

CasualMancer
11-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Same problems with my 6850
low fps at boston
**** ports from the consoles !!!

Thing is, I believe it's mostly affecting us AMD Radeon users, Nvidia users seem to be doing fine.

Also to the reply above, I'm using an XFX 7970 GHz. edition and I'm getting very bad FPS as well, even though I had max settings for revalations and brotherhood.
It only started as I reached Boston.

Kal_the_hunter
11-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Guys something curious, AC3SP.exe sets itself with above normal priority in Taskmanager.... could be something *shrugs*

pidy1
11-22-2012, 09:22 PM
I changed resolution a few times in Boston, and the fps almost didn't change at all. so i think Cpu is the bottleneck.
then i saw a test says ac3 basically doesn't benefit from more than 2 cores.If it's accurate, then i think ac3‘s PC porting/optimization is simply not good.

rmartinezdl
11-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Guys something curious, AC3SP.exe sets itself with above normal priority in Taskmanager.... could be something *shrugs* I think we already know that the port is not good.

BzkGB
11-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Just as I suspected. 55-60 FPS in most places but in Boston it'll dip down to 20-25. Highest settings, only with AA set to 'High' instead of 'Very high'. I've tried lowering the settings but the FPS doesn't change much overall.

Intel i5-2500k 3.30GHz
AMD HD Radeon 6870 1GB GDDR5
8GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

I haven't reached the Frontier yet, though.

tijiragan
11-22-2012, 09:47 PM
from benchmarks from other sites i found that game is lacking cpu/gpu multithread optimization.....thus low gpu utilization......disabbling just somehow fixes that
you can disable it from your amd catalyst/vision control centre ----under performance section

TriNity-GER
11-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Uhm could you give me a screenshot? I can't find it in my CCC^^

So tell me, where is this option?

http://s7.directupload.net/images/121122/t2w5zfga.png (http://www.directupload.net)

Funny029
11-22-2012, 10:54 PM
I can't find it either

Terexes
11-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Who said it's only AMD users who have this ?

i am nVIDIA user and i have this stupid fps issue and i feel like wasted

hitman47222
11-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Who said it's only AMD users who have this ?

i am nVIDIA user and i have this stupid fps issue and i feel like wasted

What card are u using? Also try the latest beta driver from nvidia.

Terexes
11-22-2012, 11:31 PM
What card are u using? Also try the latest beta driver from nvidia.

im using 9800gtx+ , and what's latest beta ?
i mean i downloaded yeterday the latest driver, but what do u mean by beta ?

hitman47222
11-22-2012, 11:35 PM

I dont know exactly as i am an ATI user. But all Nvidia users have been saing it works better after installing the beta drivers.. I think the number is 310.54 or 310.61 or something.. Just google it a bit i think

lorik2010
11-22-2012, 11:36 PM

You have a very old card, what ever fps you get is adequate for your GPU

tijiragan
11-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Uhm could you give me a screenshot? I can't find it in my CCC^^

So tell me, where is this option?

http://s7.directupload.net/images/121122/t2w5zfga.png (http://www.directupload.net)

maybe you dont have dual gpu..(apu+discrete)

spectatorx
11-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Ok guys, my package arrived and for me this is weekend of assassin's creed 3 ;-)

P.S.
This is my "lab" where i'm gaming and analyzing issues ;-)
http://www.ngohq.com/imagehosting/976650af8f7298dfd.jpg
Currently "pimped" with freedom edition stuff :D
Sorry for low quality pic, my phone can't do better ;-) and temporary my camera is far away from me xD
And to make situtation clear: no, screwdriver is not a part of freedom edition :D

BzkGB
11-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Ok guys, my package arrived and for me this is weekend of assassin's creed 3 ;-)

P.S.
This is my "lab" where i'm gaming and analyzing issues ;-)
http://www.ngohq.com/imagehosting/976650af8f7298dfd.jpg
Currently "pimped" with freedom edition stuff :D
Sorry for low quality pic, my phone can't do better ;-) and temporary my camera is far away from me xD
And to make situtation clear: no, screwdriver is not a part of freedom edition :D

Good luck, mate :) Let us know how it goes!

hitman47222
11-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Now that you finally received your package can you please tell us the reason?

erayerdogan
11-23-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm going to be mad.I bought the game but cant play it with even 6870..

j.k.livn
11-23-2012, 06:19 PM
:(Same here my system: i5 2500k @ 4,0 ghz; 8 gb of ram; Amd 7970 3 gb @ 1050/1500; CCC 12.11 Beta.......and have frame drops in Boston

spectatorx
11-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Few days before i get my package i've downloaded the game and installed to analyze some things and after short check out of files i thought there is something bad with use of .forge files larger than 800MB.

Now, when i've run the game and reached Boston i think it is not what i thought. in fact it is a problem with gpu utilization. Game in most part is really well optimized, uses all 4 cores of cpu on same level what is really good thing to know about multitherding in ac3. In most cases gpu utilization is almost full but in Boston where framedrop is visible and utilization of gpu is much lower, in my case gpu is used in about 60-70% when there where framerate is ok utilization is 95-99%.

And now i'm not sure which side fault it is, driver or game. Anyway problem is lower gpu optimization and this needs to be fixed. Now it is needed to be detected which side failed with low gpu utilization in Boston and amd or ubisoft have to improve it.

BTW, there is also many mistakes in polish translation, for example Mills' name during sword-fight been translated literally to Młyny xD What is kinda embarrasing.

I_Ramiz
11-23-2012, 06:36 PM
As for GPU utilisation. There is some.
Installed ATI tray tools to monitor GPU and CPU usage in Opera house. Well, interesting thing
- if I look down (floor) and have high fps (60), then GPU usage is 40-50%;
- if I look at crowd and have low fps (15-20), then GPU usage is lower, 15-20%.
CPU usage in both cases is 95-100%.
Guess, when I look at people then game start to take much more from CPU.

Here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/728175-Assassin-s-Creed-III-low-FPS-making-game-unplayable?p=8721984&viewfull=1#post8721984) is my config. I guess I will also check Boston to see if it will be similar

Can anybody make same experiment and check - am I only one with this?

Bubuhsl
11-23-2012, 07:10 PM
i find this funny because my friend with an ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB and AMD Phenom 8650 Triple-Core Processor 2.3GHz can run this game with no problems on high and AA off...and i with an ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB and Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4GHz barely run it with 30 FPS with all settings on low. We both have the latest beta driver and we both have 4GB RAM.

spectatorx
11-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Already reported my analysis to amd. Shade, where are you? :D Pass it to the team, pls :-) We all are awaiting for fix ;-)

hitman47222
11-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Yea mr shade.. Please notify them

Windrius
11-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Ok so I can't really guarantee this, but I think that this might be related to the PCI-E.
Basically, I think it lags, because the game transfers alot of data in the time of playing insted of using it directly in the GPU.
My CPU usage when playing AC3 seems to be 20 ~ 30%. GPU usage never goes over 20%.
It doesn't matter what kind of settings I set, it only changes ~2 FPS.
I can't really find another reason.
Could someone with PCI-E 2.0 bus or higher tell me what FPS you get?

hitman47222
11-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Ok so I can't really guarantee this, but I think that this might be related to the PCI-E.
Basically, I think it lags, because the game transfers alot of data in the time of playing insted of using it directly in the GPU.
My CPU usage when playing AC3 seems to be 20 ~ 30%. GPU usage never goes over 20%.

I have ASROCK 970 EXTREME4... Does that have PCI-E 2.0?

spectatorx
11-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Version of pci-express have nothing to gpu performance, it makes more difference in giving electrical power from motheroard, then higher version then more power can flow through it to graphic card.

TriNity-GER
11-23-2012, 08:40 PM

I have PCI-E 2.0 and the fps problem. The PCI-Port can't be the problem! If it would be the problem, tell me why I'm getting 60fps in BF3?

Windrius
11-23-2012, 08:41 PM
I have ASROCK 970 EXTREME4... Does that have PCI-E 2.0?
Yes. What kind of FPS do you get?

Version of pci-express have nothing to gpu performance, it makes more difference in giving electrical power from motheroard, then higher version then more power can flow through it to graphic card.

Actually, PCI-E higher versions have higher bandwidth of data it can send. My whole point is that GPU is barely used, no more than 20% of it's processing power. And I'm pretty sure that the vertex data for NPCs is not updated in GPU, but transmitted. Therefore, it doesn't render until the data is updated withing the GPU, only then the rendering function is launched. I kinda see this as the reason why looking at places with lots of NPCs lag so much(just like the city). Again, I'm not 100% sure about this, but it's my guess.

I have PCI-E 2.0 and the fps problem. The PCI-Port can't be the problem! If it would be the problem, tell me why I'm getting 60fps in BF3?

What FPS do you get in AC3?
And again, I'm just guessing about this. But when monitoring my GPU memory usage, it spikes alot between 700MB ~ 900MB in just a few seconds.

TriNity-GER
11-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Windrius: about 16 in Boston or while looking to Boston and 30-84 in the frontier/ship/around Boston...

Windrius
11-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Windrius: about 16 in Boston or while looking to Boston and 30-84 in the frontier/ship/around Boston...

wow that is quite low ;o
what are your specs?

TriNity-GER
11-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Intel C2Q Q8300 4x2,5GHz
ASUS P5Q SE PLUS
4GB DDR2 Kingston
XFX AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Resolution: 1920x1080x60
second monitor...
[...]

Not the best, but a working gaming rig^^
ACR, ACB are working on max fine.

hitman47222
11-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Yes. What kind of FPS do you get?

Actually, PCI-E higher versions have higher bandwidth of data it can send. My whole point is that GPU is barely used, no more than 20% of it's processing power. And I'm pretty sure that the vertex data for NPCs is not updated in GPU, but transmitted. Therefore, it doesn't render until the data is updated withing the GPU, only then the rendering function is launched. I kinda see this as the reason why looking at places with lots of NPCs lag so much(just like the city). Again, I'm not 100% sure about this, but it's my guess.

What FPS do you get in AC3?
And again, I'm just guessing about this. But when monitoring my GPU memory usage, it spikes alot between 700MB ~ 900MB in just a few seconds.

Well i get minimum of 22 Fps in Boston busiest area and about max of 34 FPS. If i would give an average i would say 27/28 FPS.

My GPU is ATI 6850 1GB and my CPU is FX-6100.

Windrius
11-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Intel C2Q Q8300 4x2,5GHz
ASUS P5Q SE PLUS
4GB DDR2 Kingston
XFX AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Resolution: 1920x1080x60
second monitor...
[...]

Not the best, but a working gaming rig^^
ACR, ACB are working on max fine.

AC:B and AC:R worked great on max here too. Hmm quite strange.
And my specs are kinda the same as yours.

Well i get minimum of 22 Fps in Boston busiest area and about max of 34 FPS. If i would give an average i would say 27/28 FPS.

My GPU is ATI 6850 1GB and my CPU is FX-6100.

Well that's more than me. But hmm..

I guess the issue then is just ubisoft being stupid.
Because seriously, nor GPU nor CPU is used to the max.
That's just really weird. I really don't think this could be a driver issue.

Adrian_473
11-23-2012, 10:03 PM
I got THE SAME problems... Low FPS on these places... But when I look at the sky the FPS go up again...

My Specs:
GPU: AMD HD 6950 2GB OC Edition
CPU: AMD Phenom 2 X4 @ 3.2GHz
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
MOBO: ASUS M4A88TD V-EVO

Zecks33
11-23-2012, 10:12 PM
i5-750 @ 3.6ghz
8gb Ram @ 1600mhz
2 x AMD 6970's running crossfire
SSD & Raptor HDD

Game is unplayable in the major cities. It isn't a crossfire issue either, turning off Crossfire does sweet all.

It's worth noting that everyone who is talking about PCI-E ports as well as other random stuff.. are wasting your time. It's the game engine and drivers, got nothing to do with your computer or hardware having problems. If an Xbox 360 and PS3 can run this game, most of you should be fine, even with a PC port. The game is just badly optimized for PC hardware, hopefully AMD/NVidia/Ubisoft come to the party and patch it for us.

CasualMancer
11-23-2012, 10:21 PM
i5-750 @ 3.6ghz
8gb Ram @ 1600mhz
2 x AMD 6970's running crossfire
SSD & Raptor HDD

Game is unplayable in the major cities. It isn't a crossfire issue either, turning off Crossfire does sweet all.

It's worth noting that everyone who is talking about PCI-E ports as well as other random stuff.. are wasting your time. It's the game engine and drivers, got nothing to do with your computer or hardware having problems. If an Xbox 360 and PS3 can run this game, most of you should be fine, even with a PC port. The game is just badly optimized for PC hardware, hopefully AMD/NVidia/Ubisoft come to the party and patch it for us.

And there shall be biscuits all around if they should decide to show up.

Zecks33
11-23-2012, 10:30 PM
And there shall be biscuits all around if they should decide to show up.

This made me laugh.

Who are we kidding though right? This is Ubisoft, the entire Assassin's Creed 3 team is probably already fired or working on number 4.

spectatorx
11-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Ok guys, please, post reports to amd, here is the link to form to do this:
http://www.amd.com/report

More reports then higher priority it will have to them. Anyway i sent pm to shade about my conclusion.So i hope we will get a fix from amd or ubisoft or from both of them :D

Legendary_006
11-23-2012, 10:37 PM
I get an average of 20 fps in boston. I cant play any further because of the extreme lag... And oh, i have the lowest settings possible

My Pc:
i7-860
6 GB
2xHD5870 (i get maximum 10 fps with crossfire on)

Btw, on BF3 i get minumum of 60 fps almost everything on ultra, there you have some good developers. I've lost all respect for ubisoft!

erayerdogan
11-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Report sent :)

spectatorx
11-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Ok, good :-)

DejanDominic
11-23-2012, 10:48 PM
I want to play without lag :( :( :(

spectatorx
11-23-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure but this may help:
increase gpu clock with any value, even few (10 or 20) MHz and fps should be fine.

Please someone confirm or deny it :-)

BzkGB
11-23-2012, 11:33 PM
increase gpu clock with any value, even few (10 or 20) MHz and fps should be fine.

Did it work for you?

garyjpaterson
11-23-2012, 11:36 PM

I can confirm that does not work, for me at least. Still sitting on the boat with a grand total of 5 FPS!!!!

Likeasunrise
11-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Did it work for you?

Nope.

Xysol
11-23-2012, 11:39 PM
getting around 15-25 fps when looking forward, 60 fps when looking down at Connor. It really is the game, as a lot of people have said they also have lag (even with good pc's)

I myself can run Battlefield 3, Crysis 2 etc on highest possible settings without problems. This is annoying.

DejanDominic
11-23-2012, 11:48 PM
not work :(

TriNity-GER
11-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Ok I sent a report to AMD!

whitestar85
11-24-2012, 01:14 AM
I've managed to take it from awful to bearable, but still slow. Not running the newest system, but have good FPS on games like Sleeping Dogs HD textures and Fallout NV running high (but not highest) settings, so this should prove no problem.

Running i7 860, Radeon 5700, 6Gb, Windows 7 64.

Updated to beta drivers
Set program affinity to actual cores rather than hyperthreaded cores (common problem)
Turned mipmaps to performance (or one tab up) in Catalyst. Used application settings, but might play with this later.
As per this thread, turned v-sync off: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/728706-STOP-FORCING-VSYNC-Possible-cause-of-low-fps
Settings down to lowest, still running proper resolution

Some noticeable improvement in boston, not enough, but enough for me to keep going for now.

spectatorx
11-24-2012, 01:29 AM
One more interesting thing i have to say, multiplayer mode is dx9 only. That's information showed by osd of ati tray tools and afterburner. Two programs can't be wrong :-)

leroy19852010
11-24-2012, 02:07 AM
thats weird that multiplayer is dx9, hows youre performence spectator? whats ya fps in worse places in boston, also alot of you arnt stateing what grahic settints youre playing at, if you have world quality set to very high then you will get awfull performence, put that down to normal or high, youll get a nice boost for sure

eburkman
11-24-2012, 02:57 AM
Sent in my ticket. I am also getting poor FPS in Boston and other large areas. The first part of the game ran flawless until the ship pulled into Boston. This is very dissapointing that not only did we have to wait an additional three weeks for the game, but now we are having major issues. I hope this gets resolved quickly. My system runs games like BF3 and Max Payne 3 on max settings with no issues.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66 ghz

8GB dual channel DDR2 RAM

SLI 2GB GTX 560 SC edition,

Screen Res 1600x900. All Drivers up to date.

spectatorx
11-24-2012, 09:45 AM
@ leroy12morg, the game is maxed out (except aa) in 1920x1080 resolution. Before Boston i've been getting above 40fps, in Boston a bit over 25fps.

@ eburkman, try to disable in drivers settings on of your gpus and compare the fps. Sometimes sli/crossfire makes run games worse than on single gpu but with proper fix in drivers it will become playable with both cards.

Whyzax
11-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah,i have sent amd a ticket and they didnt even sent a message back. this shows they dont give a fu*k about theyr clients. Nvidia already fixed the problem by making a driver and amd are sleeping. I regret i bought my hd 6850

chizzy2011
11-24-2012, 01:18 PM
i get drops from 60fps to around 45fps in parts of boston frontier seems mostly fine but still drops. i remember ubisoft releasing a statement suggesting that "the PC version of this tittle wold be far superior the the console's." BOLD of them with how things are looking

i7 3770k overclocked to 4.3ghz
16gig corsair vengeance blue @ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 timing
sapphie 7970 3gig ghz edition vapor x (small overclock) 12.11 beta8 drivers
ocz 120gig solid state for games

the 12.11 beta8 let me run the game with the AA on full with out it looking like almost wireframe "witch it did on 12.11 beta6" but i must say this is the only game i have had any drop below 60 fps..
i think the game engine has been poorly optimized personally

eburkman
11-24-2012, 02:09 PM
@ eburkman, try to disable in drivers settings on of your gpus and compare the fps. Sometimes sli/crossfire makes run games worse than on single gpu but with proper fix in drivers it will become playable with both cards.

Thank you for your input in both forums. I tried disabling SLI and my FPS is about the same with it on or off. I am only seeing about 30% GPU usage as well on my EVGA OSD monitor in Boston.

spectatorx
11-24-2012, 02:14 PM
If there is more nvidia users with this problem so clearly it is not amd's fault.

Thatnks for your help in analysis, it is very useful.

Now, we need to hope ubisoft will fix it, but.. this is ubisoft.

TriNity-GER
11-24-2012, 02:27 PM
But it seems to be an AMD-only problem...

Funny029
11-24-2012, 02:30 PM

Close to AMD only, there are a few nvidia users who also seem to have that problem.

Whyzax
11-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Nvidia made a driver which solved this problem, but amd didn't
NVIDIA USERS: GO TO YOUR SITE AND DOWNLOAD BETA DRIVERS 310:blabla and DOWNLOAD.

Newdrax89
11-24-2012, 02:52 PM
I have Nvidia GT555 1GB and game pretty bad farmerate in Boston even with latest drivers sam as couple of my friends with nvidia - so its not only AMD problem

Khorino
11-24-2012, 02:56 PM
TEMPORARY FIX

Guys, I contacted Ubi's support and they recommended that I launched the game in safe mode, without Uplay's overlay and it got better! 60 fps in Boston! Could you try the same and see what happens?

Funny029
11-24-2012, 02:59 PM
TEMPORARY FIX

Guys, I contacted Ubi's support and they recommended that I launched the game in safe mode, without Uplay's overlay and it got better! 60 fps in Boston! Could you try the same and see what happens?

Doesn't work for me.

eburkman
11-24-2012, 03:02 PM

I have 2 Nvidia gtx 560 cards and I am having the same issue even with the new beta drivers. This is obviously an issue with the game itself that needs to be resolved with a patch from Ubisoft.

TEMPORARY FIX

Going to try this now. Thanks for the heads up.

Khorino
11-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Doesn't work for me.

Well, than it's random. I posted the same thing on other forums and there are people saying that it's working. I'll update this to Ubi's support.

Whyzax
11-24-2012, 03:05 PM
How to run the game in safemode? sorry i never did this :D

Khorino
11-24-2012, 03:06 PM
How to run the game in safemode? sorry i never did this :D

In Uplay's window, click on the arrow next to "PLAY" for ACIII and the option is there.

eburkman
11-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Safe mode did not work for me. Still poor frame rate.

norbe09
11-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Safe mode only decreases performance for me.

BzkGB
11-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Safe mode did not work for me either. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

erayerdogan
11-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Another frustration. Did not work :S

Whyzax
11-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Man i want to play this game so bad but its so laggy :(

cico_thebest69
11-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Play Hitman Absolution while waiting. Much better

dikkemuu
11-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Intro Scene (before Animus tutorial).

- Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4 GHz (3.8 GHz turbo frequency)
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 kit
- AMD Radeon HD6990
- OCZ Vertex 3

30 - 40 FPS

Disabling CrossFireX made no difference.
Disabling Hyper-threading also made no difference.
Game utilized only 1 CPU core.

What I gather from this is that the game is badly optimized.

Whyzax
11-24-2012, 03:42 PM
While waiting what? i dont see ubisoft or amd working on the problem

hitman47222
11-24-2012, 03:45 PM
I have 2 Nvidia gtx 560 cards and I am having the same issue even with the new beta drivers. This is obviously an issue with the game itself that needs to be resolved with a patch from Ubisoft.

Going to try this now. Thanks for the heads up.

Did it work? I saw another dude on the steam forums saying running it in safe mode worked.

cico_thebest69
11-24-2012, 03:55 PM
While waiting what? i dont see ubisoft or amd working on the problem

Im sure those incompetents will start to work on the problem soon.

Khorino
11-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Guys, please report to Ubisoft's support. While safe mode worked for some, it's not the ideal solution and it didn't work for others. They're sending reports to developers, so it's a good idea to do this.

TriNity-GER
11-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Play Hitman Absolution while waiting. Much better

hahaha doing the same right now :D

DejanDominic
11-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Hey how to run in safe mode???

Khorino
11-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Hey how to run in safe mode???

In Uplay's window, click on the arrow next to "PLAY" for ACIII and the option is there.

VaIius
11-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Safe mode:
Menu: 60 -> 100+
Loading with Desmond: 30 -> 60
Ship and normal locations: 25 -> 40-50
Boston: 9 -> 10 (800х600 or 1280х1024, min or max graphics settings - difference is absent, +-1 FPS)

DejanDominic
11-24-2012, 04:42 PM
dont work for me :(

hitman47222
11-24-2012, 04:43 PM
lol.. Is not there a single person that it worked for? :D

eburkman
11-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Did it work? I saw another dude on the steam forums saying running it in safe mode worked.

No, it didn't work. I tried using safe mode with and without SLI. This is so frustrating.

Whyzax
11-24-2012, 04:49 PM
hey guys, in my catalyst control panel i have only this settings:antialiasing,anisotropic filtering,tesselation,catalyst ai,v-sync and opengl .Why i can't see mipmap and other settings?

erayerdogan
11-24-2012, 05:11 PM
hey guys, in my catalyst control panel i have only this settings:antialiasing,anisotropic filtering,tesselation,catalyst ai,v-sync and opengl .Why i can't see mipmap and other settings?

same situation with me either.

spectatorx
11-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Maybe you have in ccc view set to standard one and you have enable advanced view.
To do this open ccc, go to preferences and check "advanced view".

Whyzax
11-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Same,i check advanced view and in 3d options same settings

Come on ubisoft, still not fixing this problem? let me tell you clearly: WE CAN'T PLAY The GAME still you are not doing nothing about it

chynx1234
11-24-2012, 07:20 PM
I have Nvidia GT555 1GB and game pretty bad farmerate in Boston even with latest drivers sam as couple of my friends with nvidia - so its not only AMD problem

You're card i believe is for laptops. And as mentioned on the recommended settings that none of the laptop versions of any card are support and they didn't specify if they were going to give support either.

Not to mention that the GT555 is one of the lower end cards it is to be suspected to run with less performance than others.

hitman47222
11-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Bump

dikkemuu
11-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Intro Scene (before Animus tutorial).

- Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4 GHz (3.8 GHz turbo frequency)
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 kit
- AMD Radeon HD6990
- OCZ Vertex 3

30 - 40 FPS

Disabling CrossFireX made no difference.
Disabling Hyper-threading also made no difference.
Game utilized only 1 CPU core.

What I gather from this is that the game is badly optimized.

UPDATE

Getting 15 - 25 FPS in Boston.
I refuse to play at this point as it is no fun.
Lets hope Ubisoft will patch it soon and AMD releases better drivers.

Whyzax
11-24-2012, 11:11 PM
The thanksgiving patch did solved the framerated issue?

spectatorx
11-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Is this patch already out? I do not think so...

CasualMancer
11-24-2012, 11:16 PM
The thanksgiving patch did solved the framerated issue?

The Thanksgiving patch was already in effect for the PC version. We'll have to wait for another patch to fix the issues.

I hope AMD comes up with some new profiles for AC3.. however seeing as their last ones only included Darksiders 2 (and several other titles), which was released some time ago already and the patch dates to 10/22, I am not very optimistic about a quick one.

spectatorx
11-24-2012, 11:24 PM
AMD in 2nd quarter of this year announced that since 12.6 (if i remember correctly) they finished with monthly releases of drivers and they will release drivers once per quarter bu they will release beta drivers and hotfix drivers as often as possible and needed.So i hope soon we will get 12.11 beta 9 with ac3 fix ;-)

Whyzax
11-24-2012, 11:24 PM
oh man...and i waited this game so long...
i hope that too man, but you see amd is working so slow

derrzzza
11-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Low fps and sudden drops in every location after arriving Boston,,,14fps-33fps,,totally unplayable

I tried disabling vsynce in the ini file and lowering the graphics, but still doesn't help.

specs: intel i7 2860qm 2.5ghz
8gb ram
gt555m gpu
it's an alienware m14x

please, fix the problem =.=

theggodoflions
11-24-2012, 11:51 PM
http://driversnest.com/downloads/download-new-amd-radeon-driver-to-gain-performance-in-assassins-creed-iii.html

hitman47222
11-25-2012, 12:00 AM
http://driversnest.com/downloads/download-new-amd-radeon-driver-to-gain-performance-in-assassins-creed-iii.html

Many people have already tried that and it does not improve FPS at all. To be fair tho 12.11 beta 8 has nothing to do with AC3. It was even released before AC3 released. The performance boosts from beta 8 are as following :

Improves performance up to 5% in Max Payne 3
Includes single GPU performance updates for Far Cry 3
Improves CrossFire scaling for Planetside 2 (Crossfire scaling is still limited to ~30% at 2560x1600)
Resolves the Skyrim lighting issue (missing a lighting pass) for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Resolves the hang encountered playing Dishonored on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 8 for Linux includes significant performance improvements for Left for Dead 2

So as i said. Beta8 has nothing to do with AC3

RumbleJunkie
11-25-2012, 12:02 AM
NVIDIA GTX 560ti 2GB xSLI , can't even run in SLI have to use single-gpu mode because of graphics glitches. From what I've seen there is nothing that determins when lag hits it has been completely random in every location. I go from everything maxed out having a very good framerate then having it drop to a frame every few seconds.

The worst part is I played a pirated copy before I bought the game and had NONE of these graphics issues.

stormriderxbh
11-25-2012, 01:02 AM
So... i was ragin' and *****ing about the low fps rate in boston... i searched for solutions and i came with one

well, as somebody said edit the assassin.ini in c:\documents\user\assassin's creed III
edit this: VSYNC=0
and then save

so.. run your game now. BUT, you have to go to task administrator, search for AC3SP.exe in "Processes" Tab and set HIGH or Real Time priority. I tried both and they do solve the problem. But Real time priority have son problems with sound.

My Specs:
AMD II X2 2.9 GHZ
ATI RADEON HD4670 512 MB DDR3
4 GB RAM
WIN 7 x64

TriNity-GER
11-25-2012, 01:10 AM
Ha, I turned VSync off and set the priority to realtime and still the same fps-.- Tried it 4 Days ago...

lorik2010
11-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Ha, I turned VSync off and set the priority to realtime and still the same fps-.- Tried it 4 Days ago...

The game is not CPU unoptimized as I previously thought .But the real problem is low GPU optimization for amd 5000 ,6000 series

stormriderxbh
11-25-2012, 01:33 AM

i just wanted to share, if someone hasn't tried. For me it worked, at least.

RumbleJunkie
11-25-2012, 01:41 AM
i just wanted to share, if someone hasn't tried. For me it worked, at least.

I also get no change when I try that.

CipollaCreed
11-25-2012, 01:45 AM
So... i was ragin' and *****ing about the low fps rate in boston... i searched for solutions and i came with one

well, as somebody said edit the assassin.ini in c:\documents\user\assassin's creed III
edit this: VSYNC=0
and then save

so.. run your game now. BUT, you have to go to task administrator, search for AC3SP.exe in "Processes" Tab and set HIGH or Real Time priority. I tried both and they do solve the problem. But Real time priority have son problems with sound.

My Specs:
AMD II X2 2.9 GHZ
ATI RADEON HD4670 512 MB DDR3
4 GB RAM
WIN 7 x64

Actually this worked to me, did some freerun and fights in Boston and got a stable fps, thank you for the info.

My specs:

Asus G74SX
i7 2,20GHz
Geforce GTX 560m 3gb
8 GB RAM
WIN7 x64

it is a laptop and it run the game pretty fine, with 40+ fps on high settings and 50-60 fps in normal.
I also run the game using Game Booster 3, nice program for gaming.

TriNity-GER
11-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Okay now I tried everything in combination but still no ****in change-.- Vsync off + realtime priority + DX10 .ini tweak + tesselation off in CCC + lowest graphicsettings + 1280x1024 resolution change(Also tried it in 1920x1080 mode)

That pisses me off-.-

RumbleJunkie
11-25-2012, 04:39 AM
I don't know if this will help devs find the problem or not but I completely uninstalled, then reinstalled, patched and the first area I was in played excellent. Full settings with no lag. After that everything goes back to **** on minimum settings.

Whyzax
11-25-2012, 10:10 AM
so...looks like we wont play ac3 soon right? AMD and Ubifost are ''working" hard

spectatorx
11-25-2012, 10:16 AM
I think they are not working on weekends ;-) And i stated outcome of my analysis on friday evening, just give them some time to come to office and reading all this :D They will have **** in their pants while reading :D

diwas13
11-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Have some of you guys tried the following-

1) Changing your power option settings in the control panel(High Performance)
2) Disabling AA through the Nvidia Control Panel or AMD equivalent software.
3) Checked if all your CPU cores are enabled or parked(core parking)
3) Disable CPU throttling through the BIOS.

sqbi87
11-25-2012, 11:12 AM
game would run fine even in towns areas if we could somehow turn off that **** fog/dust in towns. I have to run and watch on ground to have stable fps :/

Whyzax
11-25-2012, 11:17 AM
The framedrops are not caused by that fog and dust dude, and in every game if you look at the ground or the sky framerate imporves because its not rendering that much textures.
@diwas13 how to do step 3 and 4?

Windrius
11-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Really, I am so sure that it's not a GPU problem, for me atleast. It only lags for me personally when I look in Boston direction, even if I'm far away from the city and it's not even visible.
Ubisoft ****ed something up with the code. It's purely unoptimised and I am so sure they didn't even test the game before releasing it to the PC(or maybe they did, on their monster PCs, with 4x GPUs and intel i7 extreme CPU).

apocalypse22009
11-25-2012, 11:42 AM
I think that we will wait for atleast a week.

Whyzax
11-25-2012, 12:05 PM
hey guys, i found a fix for bad framerates. Its not working that perfect but still its a lot of improvement. follow this tutorial i found , it worked for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajPYu8F1ilk

LambertoKevlar
11-25-2012, 12:34 PM
I wish to know from moderators if there's a patch coming,this silence is unacceptable,should you learn from Remedy or CD Project.They are very professional people.

g.kroetlinger
11-25-2012, 01:09 PM
hey guys, i found a fix for bad framerates. Its not working that perfect but still its a lot of improvement. follow this tutorial i found , it worked for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajPYu8F1ilk

as i am one of those caught with the 3-5fps issue, this is not helping at all. still 3-5fps.

sopdocunghf
11-25-2012, 01:14 PM
I had gpu-z in the background when i was playing and i noticed that when the game was NOT lagging the gpu was being used 100% but when you turn in a direction and the horrible lag begins only 50% of the gpu was being used. Maybe some kind of bad programming or compatability seeing as my card is quite old now but its still pretty powerful.

Athlon II x3 3.2ghz
4g ddr3 1333
HD 4890 1gb 12.6 driver
Win 7 Ult x64 sp1 fully updated

IASoldier
11-25-2012, 01:17 PM
I know it sounds strange but my game is running perfectly with much less powerful specs than most of you.

i5-2430m
GT540m
4Go Ram
Windows 7 SP1
Last Beta Nvidia drivers installed.

All the settings on normal (except environment details set on high).
Maybe it is a matter of resolution ? My game is turning on 1366x768 (the native resolution of my laptop).

Whyzax
11-25-2012, 01:23 PM
its because you have an nvidia card, this problem is mostly on ati cards.

I forgot to say, after you do that tutorial you need to make that ini. file read-only or else it will work again on old settings

spectatorx
11-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Every single "fix" about messing in .ini file is not working 'cos you can't change many things by editing this file. You can downgrade graphics settings but... you can do exactly the same thing in game menu.

@sopdocunghf, exactly the same thing i posted at page 10 and sent it via pm to mr shade.

So it seems like we all so far are moving in one place and not moving forward. We all, as common users can do nothing, only developers/nvidia/amd can do something and they have to. We need to wait to tomorrow for some Shade's response on my message and all reports in this thread.

Whyzax
11-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Well this "fix'' worked for me and for some friends of mine with ati cards.

spectatorx
11-25-2012, 02:58 PM
I took a look closer on this "fix" you posted link to it and... anyone, pls, explain me, how the hell changing identifier of monitor might change performance of a game?! If you will change to incorrect one and force the game to not change it you can make only not to let the game display on your screen, that's all. And it is enough to replace only one line, it's not needed to replace whole graphics section.

Anyway, i hate videotutorials/video instrctions about things to type 'cos most of them are made like for idiots who can't even read, just videos of this kind are insulting my iq which is not high. What's the point of video which shows to you how to type something? Isn't enough to type a short note about what and where to type? IMO text message is much better than some dumb video which can insult intelligence of 6 years old kid.

As i said, without touching things to which access have only teams working on the game this problem can't be fixed.

Whyzax
11-25-2012, 03:07 PM
So you are saying this fix didn't solved my problem. Dude before my frames war poor in boston now they are perfect. No one forces you to follow that tutorial

spectatorx
11-25-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm sure it didn't fix your problem, if you think otherwise so i can tell you it is placebo effect in its glory.

Whyzax
11-25-2012, 03:19 PM
okay, whatever you say kiddo. While you are crying im playing some ac3

spectatorx
11-25-2012, 03:21 PM
If something fixed your fps so for sure it wasn't that but it might be some other change in system, like update or installation of some component or deinstallation.

eburkman
11-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Just uninstalled the game. I am so frustrated. Hopefully they will hear us and do something about this.

spectatorx
11-25-2012, 04:40 PM
IMO Ubisoft Kiev should be fired and the ubisoft should hire limbic entertainment for bugfixing this game. They did a lot of a good job on heroes 6.

spectatorx
11-25-2012, 07:14 PM
I see ubiMush showed up at forum so i've sent a message also to him. I hope he will give a proper response on it.

hitman47222
11-25-2012, 07:43 PM
I see ubiMush showed up at forum so i've sent a message also to him. I hope he will give a proper response on it.

On what ? The FPS issue? Ubisoft community mods normally reply by just directing you to ubisoft support. and ubisoft support according to their reply to me .. Said it was an ATI issue and AMD are working on drivers. So i dont think we should be expecting anything from ubisoft now.

Here is the full response btw :

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/729112-News-about-new-ATI-driver

RumbleJunkie
11-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Well I have Nvidia and none of the fixes have helped. The game ran great for the firs sequence or two then goes to an unplayable framerate so it's obviously something to do with the game NOT graphics drivers.

Whyzax
11-25-2012, 09:05 PM
I heard if you get your latest driver which is 310:XXX the game runs smoothly.

Muammer-93
11-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I played first sequence smoothly, but when second seqeuence starts game is laggy. I installed last BETA driver 310.61 it help a little at least at port fps between 30-38 but sometimes dropped to 18 and after that reach 30+ again. I hope Ubi fix it as soon as possible.

RumbleJunkie
11-25-2012, 09:30 PM
I heard if you get your latest driver which is 310:XXX the game runs smoothly.

This is not true. Had latest Beta before I even started playing.

TriNity-GER
11-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Well the YT-vid tip gave me an 5fps improvement^^

hitman47222
11-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Well the YT-vid tip gave me an 5fps improvement^^

I never watch tutorial vids that dont add steps in description.. Can you tell me what to do exactly?

TriNity-GER
11-26-2012, 01:18 AM
****, it was just luck >.<

Tried it again several times and the framerate is random(but still not smooth)

sry 4 wrong informations :(

spectatorx
11-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Ok, so shade answered to my pm

"I have passed on your thoughts.

"

Now, i hope they will fix it.

Mr_Shade
11-26-2012, 01:27 PM
I Have passed on the information, however, I don't want people starting rumours that a patch is incoming.

It may still require a great amount of investigation, by AMD / Ubisoft so please bear with us.

As soon as there is any word, on the cause or a potential fix - such as an updated AMD driver a member of staff will post.

Anyway i think amd will kill ubisoft for these performance issue reports on ac3 :D

Comments such as that, don't really help either, they only start flame wars..

Crazybone992
11-26-2012, 01:53 PM
So Ubisoft is at least aware of the issue? This is good news for once! For some people this game is entirely unplayable because of this :( I can play it but the fps problem is still very annoying, especially during combat. And one particular mission which required stealth was a pain in my *** because of the poor framerate.

Mr_Shade
11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
So Ubisoft is at least aware of the issue? This is good news for once! For some people this game is entirely unplayable because of this :( I can play it but the fps problem is still very annoying, especially during combat. And one particular mission which required stealth was a pain in my *** because of the poor framerate.
If you contact support - appears they are also telling people this.

this is why it's important to contact them - since they have upto date information.

However - it's not a simple 'yeah fix the game' - since some people with the same hardware - have VERY different FPs - so it's not an easy thing to pin point..

It may require an update from AMD - since it's very odd some people have 20/30 fps differences.. on the same basic hardware.

mertmurat
11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
i have radeon hd 4650 and i cant play ac3 because fps is too low. maximum 13 minimum 3

Whyzax
11-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Its not ubisoft fault okay? AMD should work on it, but they are too busy with that Hitman and far cry 3. Really now its amd fault cuz they are not even telling us they are working on it, not evem some specifications for next driver which could fix the problem,no...nothing

spectatorx
11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
It is amd's problem 'cos it happens also to people who has n****ia geforce cards.

BzkGB
11-26-2012, 02:59 PM
If you contact support - appears they are also telling people this.

this is why it's important to contact them - since they have upto date information.

However - it's not a simple 'yeah fix the game' - since some people with the same hardware - have VERY different FPs - so it's not an easy thing to pin point..

It may require an update from AMD - since it's very odd some people have 20/30 fps differences.. on the same basic hardware.

I finally got a reply from Ubisoft support, and they told me to reinstall my AMD Catalyst drivers because they 'have now been optimised for Assassin's Creed 3'.

Ubisoft support are not only clueless but they'll leave you waiting for an answer for five days and then straight up lie to you. Sorry, but that's a disgace.

Whyzax
11-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Liars, the amd drivers are not optimized for assassins creed 3, they would have specified new profiles added:assassins creed 3

Kurthjulben
11-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Found a program from asrock called TLB Utility,and after setting it to enabled and starting the game the fps drop was gone.
Been playing without issues ever since.Specs are:
AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
6144MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Hope it helps.:)

cico_thebest69
11-26-2012, 04:55 PM
I finally got a reply from Ubisoft support, and they told me to reinstall my AMD Catalyst drivers because they 'have now been optimised for Assassin's Creed 3'.

Ubisoft support are not only clueless but they'll leave you waiting for an answer for five days and then straight up lie to you. Sorry, but that's a disgace.

So they are using all these excuses because they don't want to do their job and fix the problem, fu**ing incompetents

hitman47222
11-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Found a program from asrock called TLB Utility,and after setting it to enabled and starting the game the fps drop was gone.
Been playing without issues ever since.Specs are:
AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
6144MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Hope it helps.:)

I have AsRock too

Can you tell me where u got it and what it does?

Kurthjulben
11-26-2012, 05:02 PM
I have AsRock too

Can you tell me where u got it and what it does?

Got it from Asrock.com, just type in your board and it should be under Utility.

And im not sure what it does, but might have something to do with Cpu throttling.

psic0fr0g
11-26-2012, 05:11 PM
link to download please

erayerdogan
11-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Got it from Asrock.com, just type in your board and it should be under Utility.

And im not sure what it does, but might have something to do with Cpu throttling.

Can you explain it more clearly please? Under utility you mean ?

BzkGB
11-26-2012, 05:17 PM
So they are using all these excuses because they don't want to do their job and fix the problem, fu**ing incompetents

Yes, exactly. Ubisoft seem to be laying the blame on AMD, and AMD are pretty much silent about the whole thing.

These problems won't be going away anytime soon, guarenteed.

Kurthjulben
11-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Here is a link.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=ALiveDual-eSATA2&o=All

Dragonfire126
11-26-2012, 05:21 PM
It looks like there is not backface culling at all

It does indeed look like it. It only happens when you look into the level, so a lot has to be loaded. I believe occlusion culling is the term, where things that aren't visible are not rendered and passed to the card. In this case it seems the whole level is passed between CPU/GPU which is indeed too much for any PC to handle.

Could this be it?

erayerdogan
11-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Here is a link.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=ALiveDual-eSATA2&o=All

which one are we going to download. my cpu is amd x6 1055t and my graphic card is hd 6870 ati shapphire.

Kurthjulben
11-26-2012, 05:29 PM
ftp://europe.asrock.com/utility/TLB/TLB_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP(103).zip

Try it and see if it works.

Whyzax
11-26-2012, 05:30 PM
if i run tbl utility it says: this utility is not for this platform? i have amd phenom ii x6 1045, hd 6850 and 8 gb ram

erayerdogan
11-26-2012, 05:42 PM
if i run tbl utility it says: this utility is not for this platform? i have amd phenom ii x6 1045, hd 6850 and 8 gb ram

same with AMD X6 and HD 6870

AminMoradiX
11-26-2012, 05:45 PM
guys its for win vista,almost every one here has 7 or 8